the Rift

[OPEN] Dead poets

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

It was not the first time she stood there, staring at the Wall. Ever since she first saw it as a young foal, the carvings and base relief's had enthralled her, from the masterly craftsmanship to the tales they told. But lately, her attention had been drawn not so much to the artwork as to the more scholarly significance of the wall, the pictographs that seemed to imply more detailed knowledge than the illustrious scenes could convey.

She did get the overall message; how the gods had formed the world and each picked a land for themselves to govern, and how one of the four refrained from choosing one and left for the stars. That far it was all good, she got it. But if she could just figure out the meaning of the smaller symbols, Erthë thought there had to be more to discover; details previously hidden, perhaps something that could help them in times to come.

For many hours she had stared fixedly at the imagery, comparing what she saw to what she knew and had learned over time, sometimes speaking aloud to herself as if hearing her own reasoning might somehow bring deeper understanding. Sometimes, when frustration set in and her patience no longer allowed her to remain in place she took to roaming the tunnels in search for more etchings, in case something had been displaced or just lost over the years since the opening of these caves.

"What is it that I'm missing..." she muttered to herself one evening, as she once more found herself staring at the wall. On the surface it was growing dark already, and rain poured from the sky, but the young philosopher knew nothing of this; she had been down in the tunnels for two days already, and had reached a level of frustration that brought her to speak to the wall, as if it might actually respond.

"Come on, speak to me... I know there must be something..."

Or maybe she was just stupid. That was a definite possibility, though the girl hoped it untrue. Not a genius for sure, but... she did not wish to be stupid. And decidedly not ignorant...

Waiting for the rain I'm bracing for the thunder
A twig that wouldn't sway in the wind

@Isopia @Albrecht Hope you don't mind me making a thread for both, it's the same subject after all and I thought it might be fun :3

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Erthe's voice carries and bounces through the moist walls of the caves. Normally Isopia would have let the girl be, but two thoughts immediately pressed inwards on ehr mind as soon as she recognized the cadence of the voice and match it to its owner. The first thought was we are now in the same herd, followed quickly be, I should be nice. This second thought was extremely uncharacteristic, but after what had happened with Alysanne and Tembovu, Isopia was making a marked effort to try and be ... well, normal.

Well, she wanted to seem normal anyways. There was likely not much she could do to actually change the way she was, but perhaps she could alter how others saw her ...

And so the demi-goddess followed the echoeing remains of Erthe's words until the icy woman came into view.

"Hello again." Isopia said. What she wanted to say was, these walls do not speak, but she bit her tongue and simply offered a rough and ready attempt at a greeting. On her back, Hubris chuckled and pet her withers, obviously enjoying how uncomfortable normal behavior was making her.

isopia

in places deep with roots entwined
i live among you, well disguised

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
Voices echo in the caverns, bouncing from room to room with slowly diminishing vibrancy. Black ears twitch in the darkness of an inner cubbyhole, stirred by a hint of familiarity in the reverberations tone. The old stallion drags himself to his feet, head lifting and turning, following the sound of conversation like an unraveled ball of yarn through the maze of stone. His body clicks and snaps, joints and tendons complaining, realigning, though the racket of his movement quiets after only a moment, the geothermal warmth of the stone around him temporarily soothing his chronic arthritis.

At first he relies on his companion to guide him around turns and through narrow doorways, the young python sharing his experience of thermal mapping as best he can with the old stallion, though the images he sees don’t seem to line up correctly with what the stallion sees, perhaps because of the different positioning of their eyes on their heads, the differences in visual acuity, or perhaps through some inability to fully process information garnered through a sense that one of them doesn’t physically have. So it’s with a series of mental cues and the snakes dragging himself over one side or the other of the stallions face that they safety navigate the lightless labyrinth, eventually entering the upper levels with their eternally burning fire pits and intermittent openings to the surface to increase visibility.

He spots the larger mare first, Isopia, whom he'd met while exploring the glass tunnel on the shores of Helovia back in Frostfall. The tawny, brown, and bronze of her coat almost blends in with the earth and stone around them, her silhouette completely blocking the smaller filly from his sight. "Hello again." He rumbles mildly, wondering what curiosity might have drawn her here.

"Talk."
OOC // @Erthë Better late than never? Sorry sorry
Albrecht
If all is fair in love and war, I can't do this anymore

image | coding

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC