LovellaTorendo
P
A
T
R
I
C
K

Patrick's wanderings have taken him further and further a field as the months march on towards the end of his first full year.  The determination with which he undertakes each trek seems to suggest that he is searching for something he has not yet found.  He hasn't bothered to tell anyone what that might be though.  Most recently these little adventures have been a bit more dramatic than he probably likes.  First there were manipulative spiders and aggressive ants.  Apparently the poor kid is especially sensitive to ant bites for his actions continued to suggest discomfort many long days after the attack.

Soon after, and well before the lumpy bite marks had entirely faded, the thing with the Kaos monster happened in the soggy, black marshlands.  That one he'd gone into intentionally to try and help his sister out of safely.  They had both made it, thanks in large part to a yellow mare with huge wings.  The boy acquired a number of bruises due to putting himself between larger bodies and his smaller twin though.  So, he was somewhat distracted with inspecting these additional injuries once they got clear.  When he turned around Kolr had already started off again and though she hadn't gotten far he opted to rest rather than follow.  Probably a bad step in their relationship but the boy hasn't shown himself to have much grasp of these intricacies thus far.

It is night now and much later in the spring.  He has kept a distance from home, maybe to heal up so as not to be seen by his sire in such a state or maybe to continue his explorations uninterrupted.  Now though his steps bring him before the great pillars of the gate but his blue eyes do not hold the normal enthusiasm for the fun of that bridge.  Today it looks to be an insurmountable, and perhaps even discouraging, obstacle rather than a fun treat.  With a sigh and stamp of one front hoof he turns away from the pillars to gaze out across the wide water.

"No fair."

He takes in a deep breath and opens his mouth as if to call across that water.  Instead of such a call though the big breath is let out in another gusty sigh.  Grumbling to himself he turns to wander down the beach a short way.

I wish I knew where Mop had gotten to.  I mean it is not like I am not doing fine with just Pop and Sis kicking around but I haven't seen the silent woman since well... all Birdsong.  I am starting to worry that something bad might have happened to her.  Like, maybe the big bone creature got her or maybe she met even meaner ants than I did.  So, every time I come back to the Throat I search every corner of it and every time I go out I am always looking.  It hasn't done any good though...

The boy is kicking at the sand as he meanders and one of those kicks uncovers a sparkly thing that he almost doesn't see.  Pausing he gets his nose down into the sand and manages to pluck the thing up in his teeth.  Moving over to a flat rock he sets it out and studies it.  It is a small, thin metal disc, gold in hue and shaped rather like the sun.  A slender chain dangles from one spike of that sun tough it appears to have lost any clasp it might once have had.

"Hmmm..."

Glancing back the way he has come he spots an adult sized, horse shape coming towards the bridge.

"Hey! Come see! Pat find thing..."

Image Credit || TABLE BY SEVIN

OOC: Mainland side of the bridge, birdsong Y8, 8-ish months old for Pat's timeline.

Sorry this took me so long to get started!  (Vezér is next.)

@Ilios