the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN: Electrify Me

Manon Posts: 37
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Space
[Image: Ywq28AR.png]
M A N O N

She had never been one for tardiness - and besides, she'd spent all day setting this miracle up, like hell she wasn't going to arrive on time. Manon had given herself an hour to get ready for the event - and had used every second. Her hair glistened like spun silk, braided down the side of her neck with many complicated twists and curls and decorated with tiny white flowers. Her tail was bunched in an elegant knot, then fell loosely down to the back of her mile-long legs. She wore her usual crown and crystals, her silver lashes appearing longer than ever in the reflecting light of the bonfire. Occasionally the light would catch upon her crystals and burn there, flickering, until she moved. Her approach to the pairing list was elegant, her opalescent eyes scanning downward until she saw her match - Roskuld.

A pleasant smile graced her velveteen lips, she knew Roskuld. Well, she knew of her existence. A rowdy woman, but beautiful all the same. Manon scanned the crowd and found no trace of Roskuld - perhaps she had not arrived yet. Releasing a soft sigh of discontentment, Manon made her way to the lily pads and oh so delicately grasped an apple between her teeth. It's juices were so sweet and it's flesh so delectable that she decided to have another as she awaited her first date.

@Roskuld these two are going to be so fun together haha

please tag Manon in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
roskuld
Still ignorant of all the trouble I'mma get us in

WHY???? DID I NOT GET THIS TAG??? Oh GOD I'm so sorry!

I was late and I was sloshed.

Mostly from the nervousness of meeting someone new. Ain’t like they were supposed to be new though; apparently they were from my herd anyway. Some dude named Manon--my logic being that man was already in the name, so that had to mean dick right off the bat, right?

God I was nervous.

Chico was grounded because there was no way I was gonna trust him to be a decent wingman with this margin for fuck up. I wasn’t helping myself either, though, even though I definitely thought I was. I guess I thought coming in already having pregamed meant I was gonna come in with confidence, because the abstract idea of romance didn’t scare me, but facing it head on terrified the crap out of me.

There was just one problem: I guess in my head “confidence” meant being fucking loud. “MANON,” I screamed out, blurry-faced and hot-cheeked, looking around for anyone who looked like they had “man” in their name, “Yo, MANON, WHERE YOU AT. Time to put the MOVES on, feel me?” I hoped he’d feel me.

...uh--

You know, the one at W. 103rd and Broadway?

x

@Manon

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Space
M A N O N

"MANON" - her name came raging through the night and Manon turned swiftly, her braided hair swaying with the movement. There was Roskuld, stumbling through the heady air, eyes glazed with that particular sense of drunkeness. A pleased grin swept across her soft lips - drunk and merry, two of her favourite things in a date. She moved with regal elegance toward the General of the Edge, sharp intelligence hovering behind her multi-hued gaze even as Roskuld continued to shout; "Roskuld," she murmured from the shoulder of her companion, "I am Manon." She regarded her date with alluring eyes, taking in the stockiness of her, the strength, the altogether presence of Roskuld, who could be heard throughout the whole venue.

Tilting her head charmingly to the side so that her braids slipped silkily into the night air, Manon asked: "Are you drunk?" Humour laced her husky voice, a dangerous light glinting in the depths of her hypnotic gaze. In her experience, drunkenness was an excellent state to spill secrets.

@Roskuld LOVE. ROSKULD. LOVE. LOVE.

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
roskuld
Still ignorant of all the trouble I'mma get us in

Roskuld.

WHAT,” I said, startled, cuz the voice was closer than I expected and a lot less deep than I anticipated. “WH--oh,” I said, my (blurry) gaze falling on a red woman of all things, introducing herself as Manon. “I...oh,” I said, cuz that was all I could say.

Like--okay, so girls can be pretty, right? And I admit when girls are pretty all the time but it’s never a big deal. Except for now, cuz this chick was like…really pretty though. Like, really really pretty. Pretty pretty. There was this dumb happy bubbling up even though all I was looking at her, but I liked looking at her. Cuz she was pretty, y’know?

She swept her hair out of the way (hnng) and asked me if I was drunk with something silky laced on her tongue, and I couldn’t help it--I giggled and snickered like some dumb idiot, feeling like a naughty schoolgirl caught red-handed doing something bad. Shhhhhh, I told her, urging her not to rat me out (wasn’t sure if I was allowed to be this wasted here), “It’s….I’m confidence,” I tried explaining groggily, clearly making some kind of sense.

But I had to get back to looking at her, cuz I really really really wanted to do that. “It’sss….uh,” I stammered, “How...where y’ from?” Bein smooth ‘n shit.

You know, the one at W. 103rd and Broadway?

x

@Manon OOPS SOMEONE GOT A CRUSH

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Space
M A N O N

C R A C K !

Manon looked impatiently toward Toulouse as his bull whip echoed through the clearing, signalling a switch in partners. She'd barely had time to greet Roskuld, let alone speak to her. With an irritated sigh Manon turned her delicate head back toward her companion, a smile upon her velvet lips; "At the Edge - I have seen you there before, General. I just had not had a chance to introduce myself." Another glance at the crowd told her that everyone was well onto their way to finding their new partner, so with a demure flutter of her silver lashes she said "Ros, perhaps we could continue this at the Edge? Perhaps at a more private location..?" Instead of waiting for an answer Manon swept in to give her drunken partner an intimate brush of the lips, a sultry smile upon her mouth as she vanished into the crowd with a flick of her vanilla scented hair.

@Roskuld arghh I wish we had gotten more time to write these two!! But I'll definitely be putting up a thread for them at the Edge <3