the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN: Cinnamon Whiskey

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

Mathèo was a boy.

But he was a delicious boy; like an oil painting of an angel suddenly come to life. He possessed tangles of ashen curls that whipped around the delicate and youthful lines of his body. Dazzling sea-green eyes, wide with youthful wonder surveyed the area. Yes, he was far too young, but he simply could not resist. 

He could also not resist signing up for a man, either. Oh, the girls of the Throat were beautiful, he had no doubts about that. But there was something about the strength and confidence of the men that secretly drew the boy's gaze. He tried to hide it, spent time with the girls as he should (and there were no shortage of those to spend his time with), and yet he always slunk back to the Dragonball arena when he could, to see the men spar and train.

Light dappled the boy's coat, despite the setting sun. But this was nothing new; Thèo was always bathed in sunshine, regardless of where he was. 

With boyish charm and the inexplicable draw of youthfulness, the boy waited. 

mathèo
Oh Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side, I wanna be your left hand man
Image Credits

@Reichenbach

Reichenbach Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 8 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Space
[Image: SnEpwRE.png]
R E I C H E N B A C H

He entered the grove with a somewhat hesitant approach, the muscles underneath his mahogany skin shifting with ease. He had not dressed up for the occasion, rather choosing to maintain his usual look of controlled disarray. Reich knew he could never control his hair anyway, and as such it surrounded his handsome face in a block of wild ebony curls, occasionally catching in his gold looped earrings or tangling within his coin chains. He stepped to the list immediately, silver eyes scanning down, down, down until: Mathèo . A handsome name, hopefully attached to a handsome boy. Though in honesty Reich hadn't been with a boy in... years, not since he had been a teen. Not to mention he couldn't shake the image of Toulouse or Tiamat from his brain.

Reich cast a glance to the bonfire and moved closer, warming his broad chest as he chewed absentmindedly upon an apple. As much as he tried to ignore it, each chew sounded distinctly like Tiamat, Toulouse, Tiamat, Toulouse. Yet as he turned his muscular neck he instead spoke a different name; "Mathèo." It came out unexpectedly, but there he was: boy or God? Reichenbach approached with ease, extremely pleased with his first match - but, how old was the boy? He was like some kind of pre-Raphaelite painting, glowing from within and utterly, devastatingly handsome. Reich spoke the boys name again, closer this time; "Mathèo? I'm Reichenbach." He grinned suddenly, his baritone voice echoing with humour "Someone must be watching over me, if you're my date for this evening."

@Mathèo lololol I was literally about to post one for them!! UGH I LOVE Mathèo <3

Dragon's Throat Colt

Reichenbach arrives, and with the clear undaunted confidence of youth, Mathèo draws in a breath. He is in awe of the stallion, having seen him around the Throat. The two had never spoken before, but that didn't mean that Thèo's curious and hungry stare hadn't lingered on his mahogany pelt more than a time or two...

Although Thèo was no where near Reichenbach's height, he tried to stand up slightly straighter (trying to be discrete of course), to appear older. There was a different between his youthful allure, and the promise of young flesh that he could offer to those older than him, and being a child. He did not envision himself as the latter.

Unless...that was what the bay expected of him?

Uncertainty clouded the ashen boy's eyes for a moment, before it cleared, and he nodded in happy agreement to Reichenbach's assessment of their pairing.

"I have something-" Thèo said, twisting around behind himself to reveal a small vial filled with reddish liquid. The boy popped the cork and smelled the liquid inside. It was sickly sweet, with carried the dark and powerful undertones of alcohol.

Cinnamon whiskey.

It smelled like summer, youth, and mistakes made without hesitation.

mathèo
Image Credits

@Reichenbach EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Space
R E I C H E N B A C H

There was no telling the boys real age, although Reichenbach could tell he was young. It was far too easy to overlook his youth, what with his eyes so full of stars and his skin so full of light. Reich felt at ease in his company (though in truth it was hard for him not to feel relaxed), and revealed a pleased smile at the small vial his companion had produced. He leaned forward at the proffered vial and grinned at the smell, "Cinnamon Whisky? Where did you get this?" And is he old enough to drink it? If he had had hands he would have clapped the boy on the back and perhaps thrown his arm around him - but as it was, he simply shifted a little so that Mathèo could tuck in next to the fire beside him.

"You first, Mathèo - " the name rolled off of his tongue silkily, his silver eyes warm upon the young man as he encouraged him to take the first sip. "Tell me, Thèo, why would a handsome young man such as yourself need to take part in a dating event - surely you have suitors vying for your attention?"

@Mathèo

Dragon's Throat Colt

"My secret." Thèo replied, flitartatious tones coating his words far more than he intended them too. Not needing a second invitation, Thèo upended the glass vial, pressing it to his lips. The honey-sweet liquid poured past his tongue down his throat. The whiskey burned, but the feeling made his soul sing with mirth.

The pale cherub offered the vial to Reichenbach with an extended wing draped in sunlight. The whiskey had loosened his tongue somewhat, and the words that fell from the the sundrenched boy's lips were thick with the accent he'd picked up from somewhere. It sounded archaic, a mix of muddled native-italian-turned-english speaker, which, in the Throat, was extremely unlikely. But there you go.

"Girls, yes." He answered, before his mind caught up with his mouth and he realized the implication of what he'd just said. Although ... they'd been paired together, so surely it wasn't as though Reichenbach was opposed to the idea. A smile puckered one side of the boy's cheeks, pursing it out adorably. "The Throat is very conventional when it comes to pairings." He contextualized, a bought of gayish laughter rolling from his lips.

"And you?" Thèo's seagreen gaze appraised the stallion with less hesitation now.

mathèo
Image Credits

Space
R E I C H E N B A C H

"My secret." Reich couldn't help but to find his companion just a little bit addictive, and while he knew of Thèo's youth, he also knew that not all relationships revolved around sex. He couldn't help but grin at Thèo's flirtatious tones, humour lining his rough face and lingering in his silver eyes charmingly. He took the proffered booze with a conspiring air, shooting Mathèo a mischievous glance before downing a mouthful of the sweet whisky. It definitely burned going down - it set his hot blood flowing, warming his insides strangely. Reich couldn't help but to loose a warm laugh as he passed the bottle back to the young man beside him, though he quieted when Thèo began to speak. "Ah" he offered midway, his own lips pursing with discontent at the idea that sweet, kind Mathèo could be subject to the judgement of his peers. "Well, Thèo, you can't live life in the shadow of others' opinions-" Reich reached for a fermented apple, chewing it thoughtfully and smiling "- or you'll never be happy."

Reichenbach paused his chewing as he considered his own words. "And, trust me, that's one of the only things that matter in this world, Thèo. If you're not happy, you can't truly live." Aware of the change of tone, the big bay grinned again and added "Besides, if anyone says shit to you, they'll have me to worry about." His grin remained as he answered Thèo's question at last, though he couldn't ignore the sharp twinge in his chest as he did so. "Ah, well. I've had relationships but... well, let's just say I can be less amiable at times." His gaze turned to the fire briefly before meeting the wonderfully green eyes of his companion "Not that I'm a bad person" he amended hurriedly, laughing, "We just find that our agenda's are not the same." Yet as he spoke he knew the words to be untrue - he loved as deeply as the cavernous ocean, and as strongly as the earth beneath their feet. He'd not once let a relationship fail on his part - though perhaps that, in itself, was what had caused them to fail. He loved too strongly, too intensely, and it had been too much.

His face remained the perfect mask of his jovial self, and Reich raged internally to reach that plateau of contentment. He looked at his feet, ebony curls sliding around his face only to be shaken back when he lifted his broad face to the fire once more. "But enough of exes! That's not what we should be talking about, not when I have an angel standing next to me" he paused, eyeing the whisky before saying wryly "Well, at least half an angel."

@Mathèo !!!!! they are adorable

Dragon's Throat Colt

"I'm never in anyone's shadow." The boy quipped playfully, extending his wings to indicate the constant stream of light that filtered down towards him, despite the fact that the sun was rapidly sinking below the horizon.

Still, he listened, and although Reich's words were on a slightly more paternal and advice-giving keel than they were previously, Thèo gave the large man his full attention. Others may have been interested to peer into Reich's past and try to get the man to open up about his prior relationships. He'd already opened the door a little, why not wedge it full open? But the cherub had no such inclinations. The past was just that, and if Reich said that he wasn't a bad person, then he wasn't. Everyday was a chance to be someone new, and the person that Reich was today, was one who had chosen to spend his time with Thèo. And that was all the boy needed to know.

"Half?" Thèo spluttered, lower the whiskey from his lips with a look of feigned outrage. He was about to ask what the other half of him was, when he heard a

rustle rustle

Thèo knew that many pairings were occurring within the grove, but that sound sounded decidedly close.

"Did you hear that?" Thèo asked, turning to gaze at Reich. His large green eyes were not afraid, but curious.

Adventure seemed like a perfectly reasonable thing to do, on a first date.

mathèo
Image Credits

Space
R E I C H E N B A C H

C R A C K !

The sound cut through their conversation with power, causing Reich to turn toward the sound with dismay. He'd been enjoying the time with Theo - the boy was sweet, friendly and entirely stunning, if a little young. Turning back to his companion Reich asked "Would you like to continue this when we return to the Throat? I should very much like to see you more, Theo." Without waiting for an answer, Reich dipped in and gave Theo a brief kiss on his forehead, grinning and winking as he ducked away to find his next partner - though he doubted that he would find anyone as bright, kind and sweet as Theo.

@Mathèo !!!!! I didn't see this tag before it was too late!!! BUT I have a feeling they'll definitely be seeing each other again <3 Theo is my all time love haha
please tag Reich in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Dragon's Throat Colt

The cherub could feel disappointment was over him as it became clear that Reich was going to go. Of course the ashen child knew that this was part of the experience, but even so, his youthfulness always tended more towards instant gratification and the drowning in immediate pleasure, then to extending things. As the man's lips brushed the space space Theo's horns, speechlessness fell over him like a summer rain, cooling and warming him at the same time.

"goodbye" He whispered to the bushes as they closed around Reich's retreating form. And then-

rustle rustle

Curiosity bleed through his disappointment, and Theo moved towards the sound, happy for the distraction. The boy wasn't ready for heartache quite yet. His sea-green eyes fell upon a shape nestled at the bottom of a tree. It seemed stuck in the mud and moss, but it was unmistakable. An egg, just like the one he'd been seeking only a few weeks earlier. Delight spilled from his lips in the sound of a mew as he rushed forward, wings extended to grab hold of the small object. Already a crack had formed, and Theo gently nestled the expanding object in his wings until a small thing poked forward.

"Hallo there-" He cooed, feeling the creature's mind and soul surging into his own, like cement filling up all the hidden parts of himself.

mathèo
Image Credits

@Reichenbach OBVIOUSLY. I WILL CRASH ALL YO THREADS.