the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN: Sunset Lover

Reichenbach Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 8 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Space
[Image: SnEpwRE.png]
R E I C H E N B A C H

The bonfire crackled conspiringly as Reich searched for his next match - Tandavi. Already she sounded exotic, and already he was feeling the effects of the fermented apples that had been laid out so invitingly. A broad grin lay upon his full mouth (nothing unusual there), and his eyes were bright with the pleasure of company. He loved a good party - and one with so many beautiful women and men was certainly one he vowed to enjoy, even if it did promote his "singleness". His steps were even, despite the alcohol, and everyone seemed to subconsciously step out of his way as he moved through the crowd - it was possible they didn't want to be in the way of that much muscle. Reich was handsome in a rough, roguish, wild sort of way. He inspired excitement and pleasure and joy, and rarely attempted to turn it any other way - too much history lay in sadness. As it was, his broad smile seemed to be attracting the same response - each step left smiles in it's wake.

Reich paused at the edge of the crystalline pool, gazing at the lights reflecting in the water and thinking of how twilight would suit Tiamat. He tossed the thought, though not without lingering upon it, and looked back toward the party. Firelight danced across his roguish cheekbones, sliding amongst his ebony hair and the satin of his mahogany skin with intimate fingers. He would not admit it, but he was loathe to be in his own company for so long in such a setting - and he stared toward the party not because he was searching for Tandavi, but because he didn't want to stand alone.

@Tandavi

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
Tandavi
I'll light a fire in your new shoes.
She dreads this. It is miles outside her comfort zone, so far removed from her daily activities as to be wholly unrecognizable to the copper child. At the periphery of the gathering she flutters and frets, an ember caught in a turbulent breeze, unable or unwilling to commit herself to staying, entrapped by commitment that prevents her from leaving. The fox who rests on her rump denies it, but it is he who is responsible for their presence here tonight- his melancholy, his malaise, is what rouses the girl from her usual isolation and draws her here, into this imbroglio of a night. You can't blame me for this, he protests, but the Fire Dancer can feel his pleasure, and that alone lends her the courage to seek the side of her wayward date.

Reichenbach. She sees him at the edge of the lake, a striking creature of auburn and black. He is tall, and assured; he oozes confidence where she reeks of anxiety; he is a dark Adonis, she a candle in the wind. What is she to do, in the face of such a stranger?

Say hello, her brother suggests wryly. The girl nearly laughs.

Garbed in flowers and wreathed in flame, the filly inhales a fortifying breath before approaching, long legs dipped in gold and striking softly on the moist earth. She reaches him and pauses, onyx eyes searching for confirmation, expression blunt if slightly unsure. The faintest trace of an embarrassed smile curves at inky lips. "Are you Reichenbach?" she questions in an alto voice, dark and deep in the hastening dusk. And then, like an aferthought- "You smell of sand. Do you live in the Throat?"

From his perch on her gold-dusted back, her brother stifles an exasperated laugh. Great introduction, the kitsune teases, rising up on his haunches to get a good look at their assigned date.

Image Credit

@Reichenbach

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Space
R E I C H E N B A C H

"Are you Reichenbach?"

Reichenbach turned in surprise, brows raising as he saw a golden swathed woman approaching quietly, a little black fox perched upon her back. "And Tandavi, I presume?" he said pleasantly, eyes dancing in enjoyment - he was certainly raking in the beautiful ones tonight. She was elegant, golden and so alive that Reichenbach almost couldn't help but to praise her, his smile growing. "I do live in the Throat" he answered cheerfully, tossing his ebony curls a little as if to dislodge any sand that might have engrained itself there. "I'm new to Helovia though," he admitted the fact with a conspiring edge, "It seems to me that most of it's citizens are quite pretty - none so striking as you though." Reichenbach flirted comfortably, his silver eyes quick to trail over Tandavi's elegant frame, lingering on the flowers she wore before he turned his attention back to conversation.

"And your companion?" the bay stallion tilted his head slightly to get a look at the little fox with interest. "Is it to be a double date?" he chuckled addictively, practically brimming with honest companionship. He might have had another woman (and god help him, another man) in his head, but that didn't mean he and Tandavi couldn't enjoy themselves on such a wonderful night.

@Tandavi your writing is so wonderful!!

Tandavi
She nods her assent when her name is spoken, mismatched ears raised attentively from the nest of her hair. He continues to speak, answering her question and then some, his verbosity a mercy in the face of her habitual silence. Reichenbach may find flirtation easy, commonplace even, but the Fire Dancer does not. He calls her striking, and the girl blinks, vibrant expression dimming into the thinnest knot of a frown. She has never been flattered, never been called pretty before, and she does not know what to do with the comment now that it is made. From his place upon her back her brother sighs - Feel good? he suggests, and she throws an uncertain glance behind her before making her reply. "I doubt that," she answers with some hesitation, an honest sort of embarrassment making its way into her voice. A thought enters her mind then - what if he isn't lying? What if he means it- what if he does find her pretty, and she just dismissed an honest appraisal? Slate hooves shift awkwardly; she is unsure what more to say. "Thank you," is all she manages, in the end.

She is grateful when his attention shifts to her brother; he has always been the more social of the pair. The three-tailed fennec grins and barks, climbing nimbly up his sister's neck in an attempt to better see the man. "This is Natraj," the girl tells Reichenbach. "He says we will double date when you find a fox of your own - preferably female." The girl laughs along with him, moon-slashed face alight with her quiet mirth, mind warming to the idea of this date; how could it not in the presence of one so charming, a man who laughs without restraint? Dark eyes peer from behind heavy lashes; she lets them roam across him, unabashed, a scholar seeking hidden knowledge from a poorly transcribed tome. He piques her curiosity, draws her from her shell- she wishes to live as easily as he appears to, to smile and laugh with the abandon he displays.

Image Credit

@Reichenbach aww, thank you! I am literally incapable of staying below 300 words, I'm sorry D: you're giving me too much muse

Space
R E I C H E N B A C H

Reich frowned minutely at her response, lips pursing with discontent at the idea that she might think herself unattractive. For truly, she was a vision - and despite his predisposition toward a certain azure woman, he found himself enjoying Tandavi's hesitant company with an eager joy. Though he could not help but to notice the change in Tandavi's demeanour as soon as the focus left her and shifted to her companion, he mentioned nothing, only took advantage of the moment to study her elegant features as her attention shifted. She was stunning, with sunset skin that seemed to glow from within and a delicate bone structure - somehow both delicate and strong. Her hair cascaded from her neck like silk, the flowers intwined within making Reich warm with some kind of amicable pleasure. The bark of her companion sparked his attention and Reich switched his silver gaze to the little black fox. "Natraj," he begins jovially, lowering his head in a rough bow "an honour, I must say!" - and then Tandavi laughs, and Reich found himself lost in the sound of it, his own smile cracking and releasing a booming laugh to join hers.

"In that case, I shall have to scour all of Helovia to find one." His grin is sincere and charming, his silver eyes completely focussed on the golden woman before him. He could feel her eyes searching over his skin, and made to meet her gaze, his own ebony lashes lowering subtly. "I like your laugh," his baritone voice meeting her alto "I would very much like to hear it again, perhaps another day, another date?" All of a sudden he grew quite conscious of himself and shook his ebony curls, his smile washing away all seriousness. "But perhaps we should focus on getting through tonight first" his laugh boomed outward again, full of mirth. Reich tilted his head slightly, eyeing her hair and the baubles adorning it discreetly. I should like to find her a bauble of my own, a memory for that hair," he thought before offering her another smile. "Tell me Tandavi, where is your favourite place in all of Helovia? I would very much like to know." And he did, genuinely, because Tandavi's internal lightness seemed to spark the beginning of his own.

@Tandavi i'm so sorry if this is all over the place!! I feel like I may have changed tenses midway through haha

Tandavi
His flattery continues to flow like wine, lulling the girl into an easy sort of buzz, a state of pleasant bemusement with this unusual turn of events. Natraj, always pleased by flattery, does not help; he flashes another vulpine grin, nodding his assent that, yes, he ought to find a female fox of his own (foxes are, after all, the superior species of companion, and there will never be enough vixens in the world). All is well, all is easy-

-and then their eyes meet, silver rising up to sink into black, and the man suggests another date, and the girl finds herself nodding despite the sudden realization that despite her companion's charm, his poise, he isn't the one she wants this second date with. Because there's another, a bloodstained boy already armed with a duo of foxes and sky-blue eyes, and this giddiness, this warmth... she wants it with him.

Which isn't to say she cannot enjoy Reichenbach's company. He laughs again and hers rings in choir, a vibrant, fiery thing, filled with renewed life and confidence and, if anything, more passionate for this newest revelation, this understanding of herself. "The Heavenly Fields," she answers breathlessly, deep voice alight with candor, dark eyes bright with a quiet honesty. "At dawn you can watch the sun the lip of the sea. It's beautiful."

Fire Dancer glances up through the tangle of her forelock. "Perhaps I will see you there, sometime," she suggests- an invitation, a question, a hope that maybe this easy friendship is something she can manage, something she can maintain.

Image Credit

@Reichenbach

Space
R E I C H E N B A C H

C R A C K !

Reich looked toward the sound with surprise, brows raising as he beheld Toulouse with his handsome whip (something the bay stallion was quite envious of). With dismay he turned to Tandavi, baritone voice hastily asking "May I see you again? Perhaps at the Fields? I might come to the Edge soon - just to see the sights. I will seek you out, fire dancer." With yet another playful grin, he leaned forward, quickly placing a sneaky kiss on her dainty cheek before heading back into the fray of seeking bodies - though not before looking over his shoulder as if trying to memorise the sweet mare and her charming companion.

@Tandavi ahh! Sorry I didn't reply before R2, I'd definitely like for these two to be friends!! I'll put up another thread for them when Reich comes to the Edge xx
please tag Reich in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death