the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN: Can't Get Away

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
well someday soon when the spring brings the sun
i'll sleep, i'll finally
feel better when the winter's gone
sikeax
Anticipation has kept her awake, rolling in the belly of the grove’s lake the night before until Hobgoblin was creating as many bubbles as he could manage to display his exact feelings.
Neither really get any sleep that night.
She wakes him up early to prepare, asking favours, frowning with the flowers they had pulled from the caves aren’t at their best after having been carried miles upon miles and strung up in tree limbs overnight. It draws her lips into frowns and distorts them into scowls when even a single petal makes a break for it, but nonetheless the majority survives to be braided into her mane and tail, a flower crown because possibly youthful trends will wash the age from her face and into the braid in her tail, redone just for the occasion.
Yet imagine the surprise she feels when Maren is her first partner.
Wait.” It slips out unintentionally, softly whispered yet screaming in the inside. Maren knows, Maren saw, but Maren had supported her(or at least it seemed she did) during her short reign, so maybe Sikeax should focus on other things.
As in, since when has Maren been attracted to girls?
A sigh rushes out to Hobgoblin’s giggling, and her nervousness barely leaves her enough room to tell him to shut up.

OOC: Sia is standing off to the side with Hobgoblin beside, in his Serval form, who has a lil glowing flower collar on.

"Talk."
image credits

@Maren

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

BY THE PRECEPTS OF HER PURITY

Helovia was big, with lots of souls coming and going like the tides or the wind. As they rippled the glassy surface of the water she sailed, she had thought an event like this would carry strangers above anything else. Nonetheless, of all those lost souls that she should not be familair with, she stumbled upon one she knew. "Sikeax." Maren's voice carried, a hint of surprise stumbling through her outlandisch accent. She had recognized the former sultana at once, not having forgotten her forsaking of the herd. Yet, somehow in this moment she did forget. Her silent eyes gazed at the bright floral assembly that sat in her mane like a crown, or a veil. She did not care about her own appearance, what her own beauty was worth in comparison to her everlasting wisdom. Yet, now she felt strangely rough, crownless, perhaps, too. And a little less wiser. There were voices of other pairs scrambling around them. However, they had drowned within the voids of her own. "To see that you have not given up on Helovia completely makes me glad." She made sure to make it sound as casual as she could. "Though, as much as I like to dwell on it, I am afraid these rounds are timed too tightly to talk about past events. I understand that sometimes we must bury our dreams in order to survive, I guess that is what brought both of us here." She covered the slight ground between them that was left, her foggy mane following in the contrast of shadow and light cast by the halo drifting above her winged head. "So what are you looking for tonight?" she almost whispered as her eyes gleamed silently, but shrouded, along with the twilight, by a questioning twinkle of a smile.  

Not in the past, not even in the future, either. Just... now.

aaggh I swear my next one will be under 300 >>
Image Credits

@Sikeax
Please tag me