the Rift

[PRIVATE] Do you remember how we met? Remember how I yelled?

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Take me to the end so I can see the start

As always, the Diviner's fire burned though the night, keeping the darkness in check until the sun's return and beside it a lone figure stood. The earthtones of the pegasus shifted in the flickering light, bleeding into darkness and glowing orange alternately as the breath of Birdsong moved through the night. Megaera stood vigil over the blaze as she had many nights before, and as was her custom, this became a time of reflection that she rarely indulged in in any other circumstances. 

The fire was as it always was, she thought, but how much had happened since she first stood at this spot? Before the Throat was an island, before the battles of the rift, before her children before she ruled, before the wraiths had forced them into hiding.... and how young had she been, barely three? Young and angry and ready to fight and yet here she'd found quiet and her first friend in a sweet little mare. The first friend found, she recalled, the first friend lost. And how many days had passed since then, how many seasons had bloomed and died and given themselves over to the next? She'd lost much in those seasons, but they had given to her as well; there was so much that Megaera could be thankful for, and one among that number was a quiet moment here, by the fire. 

take me where the fire still owns its spark
there's only one way to mend a broken heart
Megaera

Image Credit

@Einarr
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Heaving chest of the sea
Carry both of us
Carry her, carry me

Einarr always knew where to find the mare when she needed a quiet place to think. It was ironic, how the pair of them stood at this fire before and threw ash at each other using their words. Now, the two were lovers, united by their deep passion for one another and their earthly ties through their children--the joining of their blood. Einarr tipped his wing and let his body move in wide, angled arcs toward the Diviner's Fire. His cloven hooves touched the ground and dust puffed up around his clean fetlocks, the reddened brown matching the tone of his eyes. He let out a slow breath and moved toward the mare, letting his leonine tail flick over her backside as his wings folded against him.

"Remember us meet here, Megaera?" He asked, tilting his head in a way that made the muscles in his neck bulge as he looked at her from the sides of his sienna eyes. He looked upon her beauty with a tenderness that only came from knowing her, and yet his body stood as fierce as it ever was beside her, ready to strike should a moment of war be called upon them.

EINARR

aud is a boss

@Megaera

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful