the Rift

[OPEN] ever hear of knocking?

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

"YOU!"

The voice is a thunderous roar, an authoritative earthquake. The black titan appears as though spawned from a nightmare, planting his formidable bulk in between the intruder and the unsuspecting colt he'd been making a beeline for. Each rippling muscle is flexed to its fullest, the weak moonlight glimmering off the battle-hardened contours and enhancing the beast's fearsome appearance; his ivory-painted hooves appear almost ghost-like, attached as they are to the great black mass of the Indomitable.

His dragons swarm around him, circling him and the one-winged young stallion. Vadir's wingbeats are lazy and disapproving, sulking because she'd encouraged him to simply charge in, all guns blazing, and take down the would-be thief without asking any questions. Something gave the newly-crowned Sultan pause, however. Yes, his first instinct had been to trample in and attack the failed sleuth, as Gaucho had done so many times with those who had made the mistake of targeting the Throat. He'd second-guessed himself, though - what if it's a misunderstanding? What if he'd just imagined the attempted stealth? What if his first act as Sultan is accidentally squishing a perfectly harmless outcast?

That's why he'd decided to simply posture in front of the stymied intruder, throw his bulk around and try to frighten an explanation out of him. Vadir finds this to be stupidity in the extreme. "The thing with thieves," she points out with the same painstaking, patient tone she would use if she was talking to somebody young or retarded, "is that they aren't known for telling the truth."

This, the beast concedes, is a fair point. Because he is brutally honest and disapproves of lying, he tends to project these characteristics onto all others, assuming that they also follow the same rules. Vadir thinks it naiive; Volterra is inclined to agree, but he'll never admit that. Maybe he'll learn from this. Maybe in future, anybody who has a stealth for the Throat stopped by him will find themselves on the business end of the Indomitable's famous wrath, but for today this thief is safe.

Ignoring the queen's disapproval, the titanic stallion glowers down at the intruder. He vaguely recognises him from mass gatherings, but couldn't put a name to him if he tried. "What did you want with that boy?" he demands, his ears slicked back and his mane flying in a storm around his face from the brisk evening wind.

V O L T E R R A
ARE WE WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO SAVE US FROM BURNING TO DUST?
SHOULD YOU BUILD ALL YOU HAVE OUT OF NOTHING BUT ANGER AND LUST?

For Zekle ! Set directly after his failed stealth. Vol would be Sultan at the time of this thread as he blocked the stealth, but going to be vague about it as not sure of the circumstances around his promotion yet :D

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu
When there's madness, when there's poison in your head
When the sadness leaves you broken in your bed
There he was, just minding his own business, nosing around in the sand looking for something tasty to eat, or shiny, or fun to play with (or anything really). When, SUDDENLY, Volterra was careening down the dunes like a madman, bellowing at him within a whirlwind of dragons. Iskra nearly jumped out of his skin at the outburst, his wings instinctively lifting up to make himself look bigger, sparks billowing off like the remnants of a hungry wildfire. Meanwhile the feathers behind his ears instantly stood erect, and his tail feathers bloomed like a fully Peacock. Other parts of him however were not so eager to stand to attention. His ears for one darted against his neck like the cowards they were, while his ass tucked so far underneath him that he became a mare momentarily.

The moment was brief however, the young colt merely caught off guard. After a few strides from bolting forward, Iskra rediscovered his nerves and twirled about, loudly demanding of Volterra, "WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?" Admittedly if it was a prank, it was a good one. Except, Volterra wasn't even looking at him, or talking to him, or even that near to him. Baffled, and slightly outraged now, Iskra stalked forward, head low as if that'd help him see the other figure in the distance better. He squinted, thinking it looked familiar...

Motion in the corner of his eye caused Iskra's attention to split. He glanced over the the gleaming, rocky creation Z had left for him - his trusty golem. "'Ay Squishy, you'll protect me, right?" Iskra cocked his head, not entirely sure if this creature (was that the right term!?) could understand him. He seemed to shrug his shoulders at that thought, sleeking his feathers back down as he marched forward to stick his nose into this business, Squishy fumbling along behind him dutifully.
Iskra
I will hold you in the depths of your despair
And it's all in the name of love

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Iskra & Zèklè
Oh, if the sky comes falling down, for you
There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do
So your plan failed miserably.

So what? You've had plans fail worse. It's not like you expected to be able to just waltz in and ᴘʟᴜᴄᴋ your brother out of the sand, completely unhindered by any sort of patrol or guard. That being said, you also didn't expect your path to be suddenly and unceremoniously blocked by a giant goddamn madman, his huge black form nearly as large as his voice as he thunders down the dunes toward you, his body neatly blocking out the distant frame of the brother you've been ineffectively stalking.

You pull into a halt, ears flipping back in your wild mane as the great black brute postures and glowers - a mighty show, to be sure, but one you did not anticipate. If we're being honest we'll confess your annoyance at not being recognized, heralded home as a returning Prince of the Desert Sands - you grew up here, after all, and so, by your logic, nobody ought to have stopped you from coming home. You still have a key to the bridge around your neck, still have sand lodged deep within your ears. But you also have your easygoing nature, and a sense of bright mischief and delight in your foolish scheme; so when the great dark giant asks what you wanted with that boy, you grin, forever unnaturally good-natured, and laugh. "Why, to gobble him up, of course! He looked like a particularly tasty treat!"

This is in no way a serious threat. Nothing about you has ever been a serious threat. Your voice is loud, and you arc your neck around the (much) larger stallion, hoping your joke will carry to Iskra's ears. You're a laughing David in the face of this brutish Goliath, and though his anger may be a little overwhelming, you're doing everything in your power not to let the apprehension show. His name escapes you, though you remember him from fleeting gatherings, moments past. He must be a warrior, you (somewhat) correctly conclude - warriors are always overreacting to things like this.

Your Ma would be amenable to the game, you think- or would have. You don't know if she could take a joke, now.

Red eyes are met with your own sunbeam gaze;you smile crookedly, conspiratorially, still trying to hold your own in the shadow of the behemoth. "Well, y'caught me. Can't blame a guy for tryin', though." Your wing spreads in a lopsided shrug. "I'm Zèklè, an' the sparkplug over there's my baby bro. I thought I'd try an' steal him away, but now that you got me, I guess I'm the one who's stuck here, huh?" You're addressing Sparky as much as the stranger, and it does not occur to you that this statement seems presumptive - the idea that your homecoming would be thwarted is utterly unfathomable. This is home, after all.

image | coding

@Volterra - sorry so late and crappy, writing while sick is an interesting exercise @___@

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

Iskra's indignant yowl causes Volterra to glance backwards, confused for a moment. That's when he realises that it probably wasn't obvious to the colt that his Sultan had just prevented him being stolen - it may well have appeared that the giant stallion was simply throwing his weight in front of him to try and scare him. "The intruder was trying to steal you," he explains in a low growl, continuing to keep his bulk between the youngster and his would-be assailant. He can put up with the colt's ire - it's better than dealing with a grieving mother with an empty nest, her child gone to the wind and the whims of a thief.

The one-winged pegasus grins, laughs. Volterra's ears creep dangerously further and further back against his head until they're almost fully invisible in the roiling depths of his mane, a sheer sign of his displeasure and the thrummings of anger in the pit of his gut. The flippant remark the smaller stallion makes throws the leviathan off guard, somewhat. He is not used to captured thieves seeming so damn pleased about it, and it only helps erect the hackles along his spine as he continues to glower down at the joking stranger. "Told you you should have smashed him," says Vadir smugly.

The thief meets his gaze, and Volterra stares back defiantly. His dragons continue to circle, making the occasional swooping dive downwards to try and confuse the pegasus and frighten him with their flapping wings and gleaming scales. He introduces himself - although whether the name he gives is his real one or simply a sleuth-invented alias remains to be seen - and finishes his sentence with a revelation that momentarily causes the Indomitable's ears to unfurl themselves with aghast astonishment. "You tried to kidnap your own brother?!" he questions, his ears reclining slowly backwards again. Why, that is even worse! To attempt to snatch a family member, a brother, to treat one's own flesh and blood as a pawn in a twisted game...Volterra's somewhat simplistic, black-and-white mind finds the notion abhorrent. "Why?" He glances behind himself at the smaller colt, trying to see what the boy's reaction is to the revelation that his own brother had been his potential kidnapper.

V O L T E R R A
ARE WE WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO SAVE US FROM BURNING TO DUST?
SHOULD YOU BUILD ALL YOU HAVE OUT OF NOTHING BUT ANGER AND LUST?

@Iskra

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu
When there's madness, when there's poison in your head
When the sadness leaves you broken in your bed
Volterra answers him with something terrifying- attempted kidnapping. Iskra hesitates, less eager to involve himself now, more than happy to let the big stallion crush whatever deranged individual was going to take him. "W-what!?" Iskra stammers in response, one hoof curled indignantly mid-air, his knee cocked against his chest in poised readiness. Squishy bumbles into his rear and Iskra's feathers flare briefly.

Then he hears the wacko reply, and although on the surface it's terrifying, if not utterly absurd (Iskra believes there probably are foal-eating monsters int he world), digging past that it's familiar. Iskra's wings flare out, sparks swirling around like mad-snow, his body tense and standing as tall as he can, the product of the surprise and excitement generating inside him. Iskra continues his path forward, and although Volterra's bulk is blocking his view, he manages to thrust his neck out to the side and catch a glimpse that confirmed it all.

"Z!!!!!!!!!!." Iskra screamed suddenly, hurtling himself past Volterra and sprinting full force towards his bigger bro as he's mid explanation. A delighted squeal trumpets from Iskra when his brother appears in full view of him. He doesn't slow down, much, preferring to fling the entirety of his being, energy and all, into an embrace with his older brother.

"YOU'RE BACK!" he shouted, burying his neck into Zekle's body. "You almost got me!" Iskra proceeds to exclaimed among a roar of giggles as he pulls away to regard his older brother with a mischievous grin. "Guess you'll hafta do better next time!" Yes, kidnapping was a hilarious joke to him, if only because he completely loved and trusted his brother, and knew nothing bad could ever happen to him in his company.
Iskra
I will hold you in the depths of your despair
And it's all in the name of love

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.