the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN: Turbulent Seas

Manon Posts: 37
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Space
[Image: Ywq28AR.png]
M A N O N

The fire crackled invitingly as she stepped from her first partnership, the sound of Toulouse's bull whip echoing throughout the swiftly darkening night. The stars above sparkled, and the moon herself was large, round and bright as she watched the festivities. Manon stepped elegantly toward the bonfire, moving her mile-long legs with grace and fluidity. She was supposed to find Wessex next - the first meeting with someone she'd not met before, and therefore the most exciting. She tried to ignore the fact that Sikeax was here and meeting with a delightful woman that even Manon could not help but to envy, though she knew that tonight she was a vision. Her mane was braided silkily down her slender neck, tiny white flowers pinned throughout, and her tail was bundled up in a loose bun that trailed loosely down to her hocks. She wore her usual crown and crystals, and her opalescent eyes were slicked with the length of her silver lashes - and crowning it all, the svelte line of her feminine body. Manon sighed coolly, watching the dancing flames and knowing that their light made her look even more divine.

She closed her eyes briefly, warming the lids in a moment of silence before searching once more for the next girl on her brief list - Wessex.

@Wessex so sorry for the mix up!!

please tag Manon in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

Let’s be honest; if we’re going with the lady-loving theme, Wessex is the butch lady who’s built, and perhaps just a tad scary. All horns and mottled fur and hard muscle to lean against, with an ‘I just don’t know what I want/fledgeling lesbian’ attitude - oh baby! She’d unconsciously had her eyes on Tiamat (look, she doesn’t know that yet, so cut her some slack, ok?) since rescuing her from the Marsh, and this is just a… little bit of further exploration, shall we say?

Somewhere between nervous and over it already, the Basin soldier lingers near the fire, altogether unsure of how to proceed. Battles? Fine. Guarding? Fine. Patrolling? She’s fucking amazing at that. Meeting others? Errrr… at least the soldierly training is kicking in so she doesn’t look anxious. A pretty little thing with a braided mane and crystal crown also seems to hesitate by the fire, and purely by process of elimination (there is no one else), Wessex steps forward. Boldly. Becaue there is no other way to do this. “Manon?” she asks, casually? As if she’s cool as a cucumber and not trying to find a logical reason why she shouldn’t be here, or why this won’t go wrong.

After waiting for a confirmation, she says simply, with the tiniest bit of a grin, “I’m Wessex.

W E S S E X

image credit

@Manon  No worries! Thanks for putting me back in :)
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Space
M A N O N

I'm Wessex.

Manon turned her gaze smoothly to the approaching woman, a subtly pleased smile upon her soft lips. "Wessex," she began in a sweet, sultry voice, "I am Manon." There was a brief pause as she slid her eyes up and down the pleasantly masculine form of her partner - there was nothing she liked better than a woman in a job intended for a man. She allowed a quick moment to appreciate the strength that lay beneath the smooth skin of her companion, her own angular frame responding delicately. Wessex was a woman that knew her job and how to do it - a woman that was more comfortable at war than at social events, though Manon could hardly sense the discomfort she must have been feeling. Such training and discipline had never appealed to the more feminine side of Manon, not to mention her intense dislike for anyone telling her what to do. In fact, to have any superiors whatsoever irritated her to such a degree that she had had to smother unattractive sneers and the curl of her elegant lip in the presence of her King and Queen.

The flames played upon the silk of her hair and flickered in the recesses of her opalescent eyes as she spoke once more, her voice a husky murmur, "You're a part of the Basin? A soldier, surely, with such decadent muscles-" her eyes flicked to the sharp tipped horns surrounding Wessex's handsome head "- among other things." Manon allowed her delicate lips to part in a smile of her own, raising her elegant head so that their eyes were at the same height. "Are there many eligible women in your herd?"

@Wessex sorry for the wait!! xx

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
HEADSHOT:

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

Even as the mare turns to face her, Wessex begins to think she might be in over her head. Much like a college freshman, she finds her newfound (well, ‘freedom’ isn’t quite the word) lack of constant schedule and obligations ushers in a side of her she hadn’t the previous luxury to pursue. Tiamat stirred something in the horned woman that her sisters-in-arms didn’t. Maybe it was the change in relationship, or the different type of mare that she was, but her heart quickened, even as it does now.

Damn the power of a pretty face, damn the sultry, sweet voice that oozed sex and silver twists that looped around her finely arched neck, as if the woman knew how to hold it to produce the most desirable effect. “Yes,” she manages to eke out, but the next question catches her off guard, and she feels very much like a deer in headlights. “Ah, well, I’m new, so I don’t really know everyone and if they… like women.” She barrels on, eager to change the topic and keep the attention focused on the dazzling thing before her. “And you? There must not be, if you’re here…”

Good job, soldier lady. Just keep putting your heavy hooves in your mouth.

W E S S E X

image credit

@Manon  I'm sorry she's so awkward XD
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Space
M A N O N

C R A C K !

Manon started toward the sound with a hint of irritation - she'd just started a conversation and it was already time to switch partners? Toulouse must have been with someone he deigned to be underneath him (wasn't that everyone??). With a delicate sigh, Manon turned back to the horned beauty before her, murmuring "Oh, everyone seems to be so self righteous at the Edge - to start a relationship there would mean settling down and having children" a breathy laugh escaped her throat, opalescent eyes flicking to the crowd around them as everyone switched partners. "Wessex, perhaps you would like to meet again? At a place where we might have more time?" Manon's soft lips curved into a sweet smile, and she slipped forward to place a gentle kiss upon her companions grey cheek. Without waiting for a response she vanished into the crowd, leaving behind only her tantalising scent of coconut and vanilla.

@Wessex arghhh I wish we had had more time to develop their relationship!! But I'll definitely be putting up a new thread for them soon xx