the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN: who can say where the road goes?

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Carry me on the waves—
to the lands I’ve never been, never seen.
Toulouse.

When she had arrived in the Grove and looked on the list to see who she had been paired with, the ocean mare had not expected to see a name that she recognized. She is excited and bubbling with anticipation, eager to get to know the pale stallion better than she had in the Threshold (because let’s be honest, she had been a little distracted by ebony curls that day, they both had). It will be good for both of them, she is sure of it.

Bearing her name tag proudly, Tiamat wanders through the crowd of people, prancing with light steps until she is naturally drawn towards the bonfire. She shivers once from the warmth, shaking her slender body and flicking her leonine tail around her ankles. Knowing that there would be a number of people attending an event like this, Nimue had opted to remain behind in the Basin, where the familiarity of their cave is much more prefered than a crowd of bustling strangers—and besides, she hadn’t wanted to get in the way of her bondmate’s date night.

The sea maiden presses her lips together, allowing her eyes to wander. It isn’t long before she comes to the conclusion to actively seek the stallion out—after all, it is his bullwhip that determines the rounds, so he shouldn’t be difficult to find. Idly the mare wonders, as she resumes her bouncing gait, how Toulouse will be able to mingle and keep track of time for everyone. Will it be too much? But before she can try to answer herself, she spots him, calling out happily: “Toulouse!”

notes; eee fun fun! :P
“Speech.”

image credits
@Toulouse
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

home is behind the world ahead
there are many paths to tread

@Tiamat

Tiamat, the wonrous siren. He was looking forward to some time with the Lady, a woman he had the pleasure of meeting in the threshold not long ago. She had caught his eye as much as any female could though it was her charming demenor that snagged him. She has a great allure, be it just with her voice or her ever-glowing countenance.
Toulouse!
It was a familiar voice, once that caused him to toss his nose over his shoulder in the direction of the call. The oceanic woman stood in search (just like him) for her partner by the bonfire - and oh, how pretty she looked.

Approaching with (for once) a more genuine smile, the gelding spoke to the woman he knew to be a healer, not the new-reigning Aurora Basin Lady.
"Tiamat, you look lovely this evening. How do you fare?"

His words remained true and transparent, and for once there were no hidden agenda to his compliments. He liked this woman, she was kind. There was no reason to show her anything else in return.

notes; same omg so excited. ps. sorry ive been away for a few daysss aaaaa
alsooo dont forget toulou is a gelding haha! i know its rare on helovia!

art: © x coding: © x
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Carry me on the waves—
They greet each other with a smile, and the ocean mare reaches out to the gelding, wanting to brush her nose against his if he will allow it.

He compliments her appearance, and with those bright eyes shining in the glow of the bonfire, Tiamat cannot help become flustered with herself. Her cheeks grow warm and she tucks in her head, bashful for a moment, before she looks back to the man with her long lashes fluttering shyly. “Thank you,” she smiles to him, a delicious mixture of excitement and nervousness flitting around in her stomach like butterflies.

“I am positively delightful, I’d have to say. You certainly have done a wonderful job putting this event together. The decorations are breathtaking,” her white eyes wander as she takes in the strings of luminous lanterns, and the magical butterflies that flutter through the spring evening, making every part of the Grove a truly enchanted place. “It is nice to be able to enjoy a night without any...” Tiamat pauses, wrestling between trying to find the right words, and not wanting to ruin the marvelous atmosphere of this beautiful night. There is no need to dwell on Helovia’s tragedies now.

Deciding to reword her sentence entirely, she continues quickly, shaking her head with a chime of seashells. “It is nice to have a distraction,” there is laughter in the undertone of her voice, and the sea maiden refuses to be caught up in anything but the splendor that steals her breath and lifts her spirits.

Shifting her attention back to the pale gold gelding, Tiamat’s smile warms affectionately, her eyes once again alight with enthusiasm. “And I am excited to have such a fine date for the evening. You look as dashing as ever,” she inclines her head to him, appraising his appearance with an innocent playfulness in her expression.

“Speech.”

image credits
@Toulouse

@Tiamat

This womans chirps only brightened his smile, a genuine one and the kind that hardly ever graced his lips. How wonderful it was to be in the presence of such a beauty, and one who could cause him to really smile just with her charm and radiance.

"Oh, you do flatter me darling-" Toulouse cheered towards the sea-coloured mare, stepping a pace forwards and gingerly flicking his crinkled and curled tail over her own leonine banner. "-But the pleasure is all mine, truly."

Hip bumping her own, Toulouse blinked awkwardly and searched for Tiamats oceanic gaze. "What brings you here tonight to my soiree Tiamat? Business... or pleasure? I can only assume it was part of the plan to baffle the crowd and other party-goers with your wicked smile - you have me smitten"  

In all seriousness, he did wish to know what had brought her so far from home. Did the prospect of love or even just a brief physical version of it entice her away from her frosty abode?

notes; sorry it's taken me so long hunni!! had a hard week but im all good now!

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

Carry me on the waves—
The length of the sea maiden’s tail curls around Toulouse’s twisted locks, and she watches for a moment how his thick curls fall against the seashells that adorn her own hair, admiring how the golden colors shine beneath the night’s soft glow. His hip bumps gently against her own and it brings her out of her shallow reverie (lost momentarily in crystal eyes and satin skin), sapphire lips curling into a bashful smile as long lashes flutter, casting him blushing glances.

“Oh you,” Tiamat giggles breathlessly, hardly used to such brazen compliments. Every bit the flushed school girl, she looks to the gelding with a twinkle in her eye, and a grin that never quite fades from her lips. “You’re too kind,” laughter lingers in her voice, evidence of the bliss that swells in her breast and warms her heart.

The blue mare swallows before continuing, humming to herself, and catching her breath with a long sigh from her nostrils. “It’s pleasure for me tonight—it’s nice to get to know people and spend time with such wonderful company,” a playful wink is offered to the beautiful man.

Of course, with her innocent mind and fledgling heart, Tiamat cannot possibly understand all of the...other implications that might come with these particular words (especially on a night like this one, surrounded by lantern light, and dusted by the glow of magical butterflies). There is only the sweet joy of simple company on her thoughts, and amiable conversation, hardly one to ponder on any of the physical pleasures that might be on a man’s agenda.

She is with a gentleman, as far as she is aware.

“What about you?” The ocean mare inquires with a luminous smile, hoping that Toulouse is able to relax and enjoy himself, despite being the host of this delightful event.

“Speech.”

image credits
@Toulouse

@Tiamat

the serpent wondered if she ever travels far from the basin. He had met her first in the threshold along with a dashing man and the great brute from the south. What a shame he had left so prematurely; perhaps he had missed a wonderful conversation with wonderful company. That great stag from the south had thrown him off, plus the fact that he had been stopped mid-hunt.

Her question caused a slightly puzzled expression to rise upon his face. Green eys flicking to her own, toulouse twisted his maw as he thought.
"To tell you the truth my lady, I am much too fond of gossip. And so it is in the name of smut, obscenities and scandals that I arrive at your side this evening" Toulouse chortled, snorting bluntly with laughter and allowing his eyes to caress her own.
Perhaps he wished to enchant her, ensnare her, though should she fall into his net he would surely cut her free.

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

Carry me on the waves—
The ocean mare is not difficult to ensnare—drawn towards pretty and pleasant things, she is easily enraptured by the man’s silky words and sanguine eyes, blushing and giggling breathlessly while her own gaze dances with childlike innocence. She finds herself comfortable in his company, watching how the lamplight halos his angular features, nearly mesmerized by the way his smooth lips move when he talks. Still, she is not so embroiled in his charm to completely overlook the content of his answer.

Certain words—things that her own fragile heart quivers at and recoils from—snag at her focus, drawing her back to the reality of this beautiful evening. “Ah,” she murmurs with pursed lips and a slightly disapproving gleam in her eye (like a mother would scold her child, out of nothing but love and kindness). “Well I’m afraid I don’t have much in the way of smut to give you, dear Toulouse. I find that my own ears are not drawn towards such...obscenities,” her nose scrunches up momentarily, a fluted ear tucking sideways at the sourness of the word on her tongue, and she snorts softly before recomposing herself.

Still, she thinks no less of the golden man. After all, he has only showed her honesty, and she does not fault him for that. Reaching out, she seeks to brush his nose with her own, wanting him to understand that she harbors no ill will for their difference in opinions.

A moment passes, with the murmuring of the crowd behind them, but Tiamat’s eyes rest easily on Toulouse. “If you don’t mind,” she says softly, suddenly bashful, shifting her weight and flicking her lion tail out behind her, and swallowing before she gathers the nerve to continue. “I must ask about your—your teeth. They’re quite impressive,” a thread of laughter laces the last bit of her voice, her pale eyes glistening beneath the starlight. His pointed canines aren’t something she had noticed in the Threshold—but alone here, as he talks, their unusual nature is difficult to overlook.

notes; I'm sorry for the wait! I didn't get the tag ;-;
“Speech.”

image credits
@Toulouse