the Rift

[PRIVATE] After the drink

Ráeru Posts: 41
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Frostie

The darker winged Glazier Mesec seemed to be immediately interested in her, Ráeru managed a small smile for him as she approached. Although it turned slightly down as the stallion instead looked towards her brother Sacre. Despite the confusion she continued on her path, stopping before them. She cast a curious eye over the silver stained stallion, then looked for the signs of recognition in her brother's eyes. Yes, mayhap there was something there. Deciding to instead let it go she complimented the figurine, which seemed to have pleased him.

Ráeru leaned in eagerly as she sensed the stallion beginning to weave his magic with the mists. Excitement stirred in her stomach as a delicate-looking glass chain began to form. Unintentionally she sucked in a loud eager breath, her enthusiasm growing. Next the stallion adorned the lengths of the chain first with a glass raven and then with a small moon. It was exactly as she had pictured it, she could not have made it better herself. "It's beautiful. Thank you so much." She responded with a hushed voice, her bright blue eyes glued on the charm. His next question did draw her attentions away from the charms and confusion crossed her brow. They both looked towards Sacre, though Raeru did it out of confusion and discomfort.

"Yes." Why did he know her name? A frown creased her brown as she searched his face hoping for recognition to spark in her own mind. Nothing. She did not know who this stallion was. Unless... How had Aviya put it? Her eyes narrowed as she thought back to her first meeting with her dark sister. 'A boy, named Mesec. But he is not important, a brother of dirty blood.' "Oh." The shock of meeting her (half?) brother for the first time filled her, she forgot her surroundings and for a moment it was just the two of them. "Mesec. I didn't know." It was an odd explanation, not quite making sense as she wasn't sure what she actually wanted to say to the winged stallion. How did she explain why she had never looked for him? It felt as if, in a way, she was betraying her deceased sister by talking to the brother Aviya had dismissed. Yet she had not known her sister well and she'd always wanted to be apart of a family and whether or not her sister had thought so, Mesec was her brother.
"I never heard much about you." Ráeru offered in a way of explanation, not realising how awful the words were before it was too late. That comment probably wasn't going to help with the awkwardness of this situation. Sighing she shook her head, "oh, no, I didn't mean it that way." Her parents hadn't exactly been around to share many stories about her family, regardless of their differences. Wanting to walk away from the discomfort that she was feeling, Ráeru opted instead to just fall silent. It was a little overwhelming to finally meet the boy who both her sister and father had disapproved of and she'd never mastered the art of conversation. "I should just go."

RÁERU
Don't fear the darkness I summon,
for the darker the night the brighter the stars.

Set directly after this thread. @Mesec

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
It was undoubtedly an incredible feeling to hear the hushed thanks and compliment that something of his own creation received. Though, he supposed, none of his creativity had really gone into making the chain and items - she had asked for something and he had delivered.

But the charms, and the entire crowd of those who had gathered to get items made, were forgotten with that one simple word that confirmed it: this was Ráeru. His sister. The information seemed to click in her mind a moment later and he watched her with a hopeful expression, wondering how much she had known about him.

Unsurprisingly, though, the news about their relation didn’t result in a dance or the exchange of hugs. She seemed… shocked and Mesec really wasn’t sure how to react to that so he simply waited. It still stung, as it had with Sacre, to hear confirmation that he hadn’t been talked of after he had left the Basin. The forgotten son, it would seem, brushed aside to make way for a family of perfect unicorn children.

When she offered to go, Mesec started to panic - realizing he should have spoken up much sooner, assured her that it was fine, this was a strange sort of situation. He quickly spoke now, his silver eyes watching her, begging her not to run off before he completely ruined this chance to meet her. “Please, don’t go.” Though, this wasn’t a conversation that he really wanted to have surrounded by a whole lot of strangers so he moved off to the side - gesturing for Ráeru to step aside with him. “It’s okay, I didn’t really expect you to know who I was, that’s why I was checking with Sacre. He just told me you existed not too long ago - for a long time I had no idea I had any other siblings other than Aviya.” It was still a little baffling to think of how extensive his family was and he could only imagine that his sister was feeling some of that weight at that moment too, so he decided to explain as best as he could. “My mother…” Here he paused, but decided one huge piece of family information was enough without adding an actual goddess into the mix. “Well she wasn’t Kou, obviously.” There he shuffled his wings with a timid smile and a small shrug, though the smile faded once he continued speaking. “I left our father and family when I was very young.” Still he was unwilling to place the blame on Aviya, it didn’t seem right to tell anyone that she had all but chased him out. Not after they had reconciled… not after she had died.

Another smile was quick to chase away those dark thoughts, he was doing his best to try to smooth away the awkwardness. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, finally, though. I had no idea you lived here too.”  
MESEC
the nightwind
coding by Kyra

@Ráeru
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times