the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN - As The World Falls Down

Vertigo Posts: 34
Aurora Basin Weaver
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: Four
DarkShadow
vertigo

The large mare makes her way into yet more unfamiliar territory. The even laid out before her had been an attempt on her part to make friends. Actually, it had been an attempt to get over her social awkwardness if we were being honest. It was quickly becoming an act of regret. Vertigo wasn't sure what to expect, but as she looked around with dark sapphire eyes, she was taken aback. The lanterns nestled in the branches made an elegant addition to the large bonfire blazing in the center of the gathering.

The two toned mare snorted nervously, searching all of the unfamiliar faces before her. It wasn't helpful in the slightest, for she had no idea what the being paired with her looked like. She halted her large hooves, shaking her antlered head. Tonight, in a bold act, the mare had entangled pear blossoms into the vines on her antlers. The little white flowers symbolized friendship, but, in order to obtain friendship, she had to actually speak.

Worried eyes shifted to and fro, not quite sure what they were searching for. “Now or never, Ve.” The maiden took a step closer to the fire, the flames reflecting in her deep eyes. The warmth surged through her and she felt instantly regenerated. “You can do this!” She nodded to herself. Yes, this wasn't so bad. Just mingling amongst others looking to meet new equines as well. Nothing would hurt her here. No one would degrade her when she was at a new high, at least, a high for her. Two toned tail swished against her rump. What could go wrong....right?

"Talk."
I need you.
I don't know why, but every now and then in my life,
for no reason at all, I need you.

image | coding

Pear Blossoms
@Imogen
[Image: ve_chibi_by_hoofbeatdesigns-daya7ew.gif]
Please tag Vertigo in all posts
Non-Lethal Magic/Attacks Allowed
Pixel by me :)

Imogen Posts: 24
Aurora Basin Thief atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Reli
Much like a lioness would stalk a herd of prey, the winged mare prowls on the outskirts of the merry gathering. She clings to the shadows, with only the flickering light of the lanterns to outline her figure (draped in gossamer and poison, every sway of her hips as dangerous as a butcher’s knife, inviting her victims with long lashes and coy smiles to a hell as delicious as heaven). With beady eyes that seldom blink, she searches through the bustling bodies, hunting for the next name she has been paired with.

Once her quarry has been spotted, it is difficult for Imogen to look away. Despite the pleasant weather of the spring evening, she feels herself grow cold and icy, her veins freezing like daggers throughout her entire body. A unicorn. Bile rises to the pegasus’ tongue at the mere sight of the ghastly antlers, strung with flowers as if the mare were a tree, a true abomination of the noble equine species.

She feels a snarl shivering across her lips and hatred flaming through her eyes, but ever the snake, she knows she must tread carefully in circumstances such as this.

Praying for strength from her hallowed gods, Imogen slips forward. With every step her expression shifts, molding and shaping each line of her expression into a careful, meticulous facade of geniality and warmth. “Vertigo, isn’t it?” Her voice slithers like silk from behind the antlered monstrosity, pulled like a curtain over macabre secrets. “You look nervous, servende vaaustm. What frightens you?” Imogen feigns concern, coming to stand at the other mare’s side and looking up to her with her head tilted, the bonfire playing softly over the delicate lines of her face.

notes; I'm sorry, you know I love your girl!<33
servende vaaustm : “horned scum” (though it'd probably come off as an endearment)
“Speech.”
You can tell me when it’s over
If the high was worth the pain

@Vertigo
please tag Imogen in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Aurora Basin Weaver
DarkShadow
vertigo

“Vertigo, isn't it?” The female jumps at the sound of another voice, having been lost in the flames and her own thoughts. Shaking her antlered head, the Draft turns her deep sapphire eyes onto the figure who had spoken. “You look nervous...” Ebony ears slide back into her mane in embarrassment. She had been trying to make her discomfort a little less obvious, but naturally, it hadn't worked. Vertigo wasn't surprised, but merely disappointed in herself. What happened to turning over a new leaf?

Sighing at her own silliness, she tried to offer a smile that might have been more of a grimace. She was so out of place here, amongst the others. She was awkward and shy and, no matter how hard she tried, Ve feared that would never change. The winged female manages to find her way over to her side despite what Ve perceived as a crowd. Granted, it might have been only a handful of others, but that didn't matter to her. Bodies were bodies and bodies made her nervous.

“What frightens you?” A snort escapes her ivory nose. “I'm sorry.” What she's apologizing for, not even she knows. Clearing her throat, she tries again. “Just...others. Others make me...nervous.” She swallows hard, the sound echoing in her own ears. Why was this so hard? It was easy in thought, but execution always fell flat on its face. Swishing her tail in self annoyance, Ve turned her attention back to the Pegasus. “Ah, I'm sorry. Imogen? I'm pleased to...meet you.” Another apology, this one deserved. In her own world, the female had forgotten manners. She offers a more welcoming smile than before, hoping she hadn't completely ruined this chance to make a friend.

"Talk."
I need you.

image | coding

@Imogen

Reli
Unlike the coiled cat that stands before her, the antlered mare appears to wear her heart on her sleeve. It is clear to Imogen that Vertigo is nervous about something, anxious, and somehow ashamed of that fact. The cat resists the urge to snarl and roll her eyes, hardly having the patience for someone so fragile and weak—but amidst all the hatred and poison that swirls around her barbed tongue, she tastes the other mare’s vulnerability. There is a stench of exposed wounds and a broken pride.

And that is a feast she is happy to dine on.

Flicking her dark tail around her hips with a chime of her gold jewelry, Imogen nods once, as though she could sympathize with the feeble plight that her partner confesses. “I see,” she murmurs, allowing a trace of concern to leak into her otherwise silky tone (a polished guise of velvet-wrapped barbs and sweet-tasting venom). Slender muscles (so petite and feminine compared to the mammoth beast next to her) thrum beneath her satin skin, itching for violence, but all she permits is for her dusky wings to shift against her sides, and a long breath to escape slowly from her nostrils.

“The pleasure is all mine,” she lies, smiling sweetly with teeth that flash dangerously behind her ebony lips. Moving her weight, Imogen brushes the tips of her feathered wings lightly against the unicorn’s flank, mimicking something of a tender touch. “Why do others make you nervous, darling? Perhaps you would like to move to a more secluded area?” Imogen steps back, leaving her figure haloed in the flickering light of the fire. Softly she beckons Vertigo to join her in the shadows.

“Speech.”

@Vertigo

Aurora Basin Weaver
DarkShadow
vertigo

Vertigo's ears perk forward slight at the sound of the maiden's clinking jewelry, admiring the sound and the sparkle. The winged female nods in response to her previous words, the draft offering a small smile in return. “I see.” Ve is set at ease with her words, though she doesn't know why. This mare is a stranger, but somehow, she seems interested and somewhat concerned with the large mare's worries. That alone is enough to relax the mare. She seemed nice, right?

“The pleasure is all mine.” Imogen's smile allows Vertigo to rest a hind hoof, shaking her antlered head slightly. She returns the female's smile, this one wider than the first. “See, making friends is easy!” The lighter maiden speaks again, ebony ears standing to complete attention to catch every syllable. Ve blinks quickly at her first inquiry, then again at the invitation.

Sapphire eyes look from the bonfire's blazing light to the shadows where Imogen waits for her to join. She snorts softly, swallowing hard. Why not? Another snort and the maiden turns on her hind limbs and moves towards the winged equine. “I...I guess so. It is kind of...crowded here tonight.” Another shake of her antlered head and steps an ivory hoof into the shadows. “Where are we going?” Her question echos in her ears. The draft notices that it's immediately colder here, away from the blazing heat of the gathering. Her skin quivers, craving the heat she'd just escaped from and she snorts again. Sapphire eyes stay glued to Imogen, half out of curiosity and the other because she's confused.

Where are they going?

"Talk."
I need you.

image | coding

@Imogen

Reli
Imogen watches the larger mare from her shadows, flanked by their dark allure of mystery and chance. Her cold, beady eyes remain steadily focused on her partner’s face, studying the lines that are highlighted by the fire’s glow, and gauging her own response by the way Vertigo reacts to her invitation. There is hesitation at first, a pause as the other woman focuses briefly on the smoldering flames—but there is no fear, which causes a twitch of a wry smirk to ghost across the pegasus’ dark lips.

Come play with me, little lamb, her expression seems to say, the feathers along her wings ruffling with roused impatience.

Spinning elegantly on little ankles, with the length of her silky cloak billowing around her hips, she bids the draft mare to follow. A black-rimmed ear slants towards the horned beast when she voices her question (so uncertain and vulnerable), Imogen can’t help but chuckle—perhaps a little too sweetly. “Well telling you that would ruin the spectacle of date night, wouldn’t it? She glances to Vertigo over her shoulder, one side of her brow raised as her long lashes flutter beneath the moonlight.

“Haven’t you ever been surprised before?” Casually she turns her face away from the other mare, staring directly in front of her as she lets slip a soundless snarl, gnashing her teeth despite her honey-coated tone.

Before long, she has lead her quarry to the outskirts of tonight’s festivities. They have enough room to themselves that Imogen can likely spread her wings quite wide, leaving them free from prying eyes. “Here we are,” she purrs, smiling pleasantly to Vertigo, and fighting the instinct to scowl at the hideousness that grows from her forehead. Instead the pegasus turns, snatching one of the fermented apples from a nearby lilly pad, and offers it to her company. “Have an apple, sweet,” the blackness of her gaze gleams wickedly beneath the soft glow of lanterns.

“Speech.”

@Vertigo

Aurora Basin Weaver
DarkShadow
vertigo

Vertigo follows the other female, swallowing hard at the imagery her cloak held around her hips. Was this what attraction felt like? Or was this fear? Either way, the larger female wasn't sure what to make of her emotions, whatever they may be. Imogen's answer to her question of their travels made her swallow once more. She didn't know what to make of this mare, but for some reason, she trusted her. The metallic taste of unease was ever present in her mouth though. Oh how deathly confused she was about this whole charade.

The Pegasus speaks again, ebony ears falling sideways with embarrassment. “No...” She hesitates again as the female continues forward, not even worried about whether or not Vertigo was following. The draft half trotted to catch back up with the smaller framed female, snorting softly to herself. Her sapphire eyes moved from one side to the other, drinking in her surroundings as the moved on. “Here we are.” Their new haunt is definitely more secluded, something that Ve is quite thankful for actually.

Her large frame relaxes, her breathe released in one long, loud huff that she didn't know she'd been holding in. She turns to Imogen, a smile on her face. However, the winged maiden turns abruptly and Vertigo cranes her neck to peer around her. When she comes back into view holding an apple, the larger equine's grin widens. She hadn't realized how long it had been since she'd last eaten and how could she turn down something so kindly offered?

“Thank you!” Her enthusiasm is a little too much and she winces slightly in response. Reaching her pale muzzle forward, the maiden gently grabs the apple and chews it happily, the crunch echoing in her ears. She moves closer to the other mare, sapphire eyes searching her darker gaze. “I have to say, I appreciate your kindness. I was...nervous about this whole...thing,” the mare blinks hastily, her speech a little slurred. Shaking her antlered head, Ve suddenly feels a little too happy in the moment.

A slow, easy going buzz resonates in her brain and she giggles softly. “I'm sorry, I don't quite know what's happened to me.” Her voice has lost its awkwardness, her true bubbly self busting from the seams. “You wouldn't happen to have another one of those apples, would you?”

"Talk."
I need you.

image | coding

@Imogen

Reli
Much to the winged mare’s pleasure, Vertigo doesn’t hesitate in accepting the fermented fruit offered to her. Like Snow White, the antlered draft is far too trusting of this dark world and its black secrets, oblivious to the demons that lay in wait, and Imogen is every bit the Evil Queen for their twisted little fairy tale. Eat the apple, my sweet, her stony eyes sparkle with a spiritless light, the crafty smile across her lips deepening as she watches the helpless little princess consume her liquored lies.

When Vertigo speaks—her voice already slick and colored from the single fermented apple—Imogen’s chin rises a few degrees in dangerous satisfaction. “There’s nothing to be nervous about,” the pegasus assures her with a lilt of noxious velvet in her tone, though her eyes are boundless depths that promise something else. “You’re safe here with me,” her voice drops to a breathy whisper, the whiskers of her ebony muzzle brushing against the cheek of the antlered beast as she reaches forward, exhaling a warm breath across Vertigo’s skin before she retreats.

At the request of more apples, Imogen looks to her partner with a devious eye. “I do,” she says with laughter in her words, amused with herself as she watches the unicorn’s walls collapse one after another.

It shouldn’t be long before she crumbles.

Reaching around again to the lilly pad, she plucks another apple to offer to the draft mare. “Tell me, Vertigo, I’m curious,” she doesn’t pull away now when Vertigo takes the fruit from her lips, intending to play puppeteer with the drunken unicorn, and instead allows her mouth to linger close to the other’s throat (an easy position, given their height differences). “Have you ever been on a date before?” She looks for a reaction, wondering exactly what type of virgin beast she has stumbled upon tonight.

“Speech.”

@Vertigo

Aurora Basin Weaver
DarkShadow
vertigo

“There's nothing to be nervous about.” The mare grins at this, closing her eyes in satisfaction. Of course there was nothing to be scared or nervous about. She was in good company after all. The winged maiden's muzzle brushes against her two toned one and, if she could have blushed, the large mare certainly would have. She giggles again, blinking shyly at Imogen. Though she was incapable of fully understanding her feelings, Ve did know that she was most certainly enjoying herself in this moment.

The Pegasus retrieves another apple at Vertigo's request and the takes it gently once more, her muzzle brushing the other mare's slightly before she pulls away. She listens with ears forward as the maiden asks her a question and laughs in response. “No, this would be a first.” She tilts her large head slightly in thought for a moment. “Well, if you consider this a date anyways.” Her eyelids flutter as the second apple takes hold of her cognitive actions.

Another huff escapes her as she tries to blink away the fog that has taken over her. “You're gorgeous though,” she giggles here, rocking slightly back and forth on her hooves. It was an action she didn't even realize she was doing, feeling completely void of any emotions but those that were pure and of this moment. “I bet you could have anyone you wanted.” Her grin swallows her features and another wave of heat reaches her cheeks.

She inches towards the other female, though quite honestly, she barely moved. Vertigo rocked a little more on her hooves, shaking her antlered head. The action nearly caused her to loose her balance and her brows furrowed in concentration. “What...wow.” She snorts, laughing softly. “I didn't realize apples were so potent.” Her laughter deepens to the point of her barely being able to breathe from laughing so much. After a few moments it tapers off to giggles and she sighs. “Oh geez, you're great company, Imogen. I'm so happy to have a friend like you.” Her smile reaches her deep sapphire eyes. What a lucky lady she was....

"Talk."
I need you.

image | coding

@Imogen

Reli
The draft mare confirms Imogen’s suspicions, labeling herself as a virgin in this particular area of life. The pegasus smirks wryly to herself, knowing that she has been handed a puppet to play with, and happily she dangles Vertigo’s strings, tying them into hopeless knots and inconspicuously suspending her new toy over a basin of boiling poison and hate.

Leaning the weight of her body forward, the winged cat looks up to the brutish unicorn from beneath long lashes, puckering her lips in something akin to a coquettish pout. “Romantic lighting, fermented apples, a private venue, and a beautiful woman...” she lets her voice fade into the warmth of the night, as though her thoughts are too intimate to voice just yet (never mind how she has to fight the tightness in her throat, and the fire in her belly that flares from complimenting this beastial monstrosity that disgraces everything about the true equine race).

Dàme mir la forza, mis götteis, mis divinità mianach des heils e della salvezza— She thinks to herself, closing her eyes in a long blink as she inhales deeply from her nose, a false smile softening her expression when her eyes open again. “I would very much consider this a date, darling,” she purrs to the antlered draft, with stony eyes gleaming.

Still, ever the vain creature, she can’t help but puff up proudly when she is praised. Arching her slender neck, Imogen laughs coyly, flicking the length of her tail as satisfaction saturates her expression. “You flatter me,” she looks away as though bashful, a sneer that says I know slithering briefly across her ebony lips. Snatching another apple, she turns again to Vertigo, offering the fermented fruit like a fox would offer a mouse her home; “Share this with me, won’t you?”

Dàme mir la forza, mis götteis, mis divinità mianach des heils e della salvezza : “Give me strength, my gods, mine deities of heaven and salvation”
“Speech.”

@Vertigo

Aurora Basin Weaver
DarkShadow
vertigo

Vertigo is somewhat taken aback by the admittance of the nature of their meeting. A date? She was honestly to far gone to show any sort of emotion but woozy. The world around her twisted this way and that. It was enough to make her sick, the Draft squeezing her eyes shut in discomfort. Ugh, what was wrong with those dang apples? Gritting her teeth, Ve gave her head a slow shake, trying to rid her brain of the ache that was coming on.

A shallow breath escaped her jaws as she slowly opened her eyes. The world had stopped spinning for the moment and she sighed in relief. It was then that she noticed the Pegasus holding another one of those god forsaken apples and she grimaced before she could stop herself. “I better not...” She swallows again, a deep warmth overtaking her body.

The alcohol in her system took hold again and she gives a lazy grin. “Well, what could it hurt?” She bites half the apple, forgetting her previous decline of the fermented fruit. She was gone, unable to control her emotions and her mind. She was an easy target and, poor darling, had the slightest idea what was happening to her.

“Imogen...,” her brow furrows, her ebony neck damp with the heat from her veins trying to escape. The Draft takes a step forward, throwing her body forward without realizing just how much power she had put behind a simple step. The action almost caused her to fall on her face, though she just barely managed to catch herself before doing so. A soft mumble of curses escaped her lips, language that otherwise would never have been uttered from her muzzle. Two and a half apples. Who would've guessed?

"Talk."
I need you.

image | coding

@Imogen
OOC - Sorry this sucks :/

Reli
Black-rimmed ears flick backwards when the unicorn initially refuses the fermented apple, the vixen’s sharp teeth grinding a little farther into the fruit’s pulpous skin out of annoyance, mildly frustrated that Vertigo still has some semblance of sense to refuse more alcohol. She leans her weight forward, enticing the other mare with gleaming eyes and clever lips. “What could it hurt?” She repeats, an ominous edge leaking into the undertone of her voice, contradicting the sickly sweetness of her smile.

The coyness of the pegasus’ expression deepens when the antlered monstrosity ultimately concedes to her offer. Flexing her jaw muscles, she chews the half of the apple that she has kept, exhaling heavily when the heat of the alcohol burns through her stomach. Imogen has consumed her fair share of alcohol, but she has seen what it can do to one’s judgement—and the thought of feeling so disorganized  and out of control is repulsive enough for her to tread carefully around the ripened liquid. Tonight, she will drown Vertigo in liquored deceits.

One side of her smoky brow rises when the antlered beast stumbles gracelessly forward, releasing a string of profanities that is amusing to hear from such a seemingly innocent creature. Given the timid demeanor that she has observed tonight, it is not difficult to assume that the alcohol has now smothered any of Vertigo’s proper sense—now the draft is little more than mindless, liquored meat.

She is ready.

“Come, beastie,” Imogen murmurs to the larger mare, the nature of her endearment slipping through a brief crack in her facade. Swinging her hips in an arc, she places herself along Vertigo’s side. “Let’s get you somewhere more comfortable. A place where you can rest,” she tempts with silky words, teeth flashing dangerously between her lips. Nudging the unicorn’s brawny shoulder with enough force to demand her attention, the pegasus guides the draft forward, closer to the forest’s black, writhing shadows.

“Speech.”

@Vertigo

Aurora Basin Weaver
DarkShadow
vertigo

“Come, beastie.” Vertigo didn't know where they were going now, or even why they had to relocate. “Well the world is spinning. I'm sure that's why.” With a soft snort to herself, Ve figured that Imogen knew what she was doing, knew where they were going. Such a smart lady she was!

The antlered maiden leans against the winged mare as they move forward. “I don't feel so well...,” she murmurs, squeezing her eyes shut. She was relying heavily on Imogen to guide her to this new place. Her brain felt like it was swashing to and fro in her skull. Her eyes hurt, her head hurt, hell, her whole body ached. She agreed that, wherever they were going, she most certainly did need to rest. Hopefully a quick nap would chase this nasty feeling away.

“You're..so kind...Imogen.” Her words were slurred as she wobbled slightly with every step. Oh this blasted headache. She couldn’t think straight, couldn't see straight. The draft stumbled slightly, though it took her a second to catch herself. A soft groan of pain escaped her jaws as she regained her footing. “Not much farther? I don't...think I can make it.”

"Talk."
I need you.

image | coding

@Imogen
OOC - Bleh sorry -.- In a rut at the moment >->

Reli
“You’re...so kind...Imogen.”

The unicorn’s words bring a sneer to the winged woman’s dark lips, sultry and evil, writhing in her petty hate beneath the cover of her dear shadows. Like a moth drawn to a flame, or a fly entrapped by the black widow’s web, Vertigo has been ensnared in her labyrinth of lies, smiles, and sparkling glances, tangled and choked until—quite literally—all sense of logic and rationality has escaped her behemoth horned head.

Imogen savors the taste of victory, even as she grunts beneath the weight of the draft creature, using the dexterity of her large wings to keep herself from faltering. “Not much farther,” she assures Vertigo between the clench of gritted teeth, her words slithering like silk from her jaws, and perhaps a bit too shrewd to be mistaken for genuine comfort; but the huntress is unbothered, knowing that her prey is far too gone by now to pick up on such miniscule clues. Lashing her thick tail around her hips, she presses them both further into the shadows.

At last, they reach a copse of trees—tucked away from the festivities, out of sight, and out of mind. “Here we are,” the pegasus breathes into the unicorn’s ear, releasing her burden of the draft’s weight and allowing her to sink to the ground on her own. “Lie down,” she commands, lowering her nose to press firmly against Vertigo’s head, emphasizing the drunken mare’s need to rest as she guides her head to the long grasses.

Satisfied with her work, Imogen turns on dainty heels, and saunters back in the direction of the event without a glance over her shoulder. CRACK goes the bullwhip, signaling the end of their round. “Goodnight, beastie,” the dainty predator coos into the cool night air, granting herself a vain sneer before she slips back into the crowd.

“Speech.”

@Vertigo