the Rift

[OPEN] joyful days

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Rumour had reached her that there were more familiar faces in the Edge now than she knew. Parelia and Aaron had come back, to her lasting delight, and she had heard through the grapevine that Dragomir and Ranjiri were here now too - with their daughter. She did not know Ranjiri well, though hoped she would get the chance to get to know her better, but Dragomir back in the Edge? That was something she absolutely needed to see for herself. Her invitation to him to come back if he ever wished had, of course, been completely genuine and open.

And he had come!!

She had been keeping an eye out for him over the last couple days but their paths just didn’t seem to cross at all, so now Alysanne was actively looking for him and Hemlock was helping - the small owl looping through the trees in the pale dawn light and keeping his dark eyes open for the bay and white stallion.

Between the two of them, it shouldn’t take too long to determine whether Dragomir was in the Edge this morning. If not, there were other things they could move on to, but this was something Alysanne was hopeful for. A reunion would be an excellent start to the day.

*ALYSANNE*
the devoted

art by Chan

for @Dragomir :D
Hope you don't mind me getting something started <3 you can PP Hemlock leading him to Aly if you'd like!
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie
A familiar owl suddenly appears on a branch nearby, the rustle of the tree the only sound the creature makes on his arrival.

Looking up at him from his work (the study of several stones, recently halved), the stallion smiles as the bird flaps his wings in greeting. Wondering why else Alysanne’s companion would be here, in his work clearing, if she wasn’t in the process of trying to find him, Dragomir quickly picks up and puts his cracked rocks into the proper satchel, to look at later, before moving along after the silently floating bird, his happy hoot filling the air as he alights.

She is not far, indeed seeming to look for someone. Closing the distance between them, the crafter whinnies a greeting, his long, leggy trot quickly finding him at her side.

"Queen Alysanne!" he greets, using her proper title with an amused smile, finding the world’s changing nature less disgruntling than it had been in his younger years. Now, he was simply glad that his friend had been given such an honorable title, knowing that she would serve the herd well, and with great love, as she always had. "I was wondering when we’d see one another."

Dragomir
@Alysanne
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

It didn’t take Hemlock very long to find Dragomir - relief and joy flooding through Alysanne. She paused in her own wandering so that she could wait for them both to find her. Once Hemlock spotted Alysanne he flew off in his own direction, leaving them to their reunion. He was happy to help Alysanne, sure, but he was eager to find a cozy spot for his morning nap after staying up hunting all night.

Alysanne smiled brightly when she heard the stallion’s whinny and turned to see him trotting to her side. She slowed her own pace but kept walking so they could meander through the forest of their home together. An embarrassed but good-natured laugh escaped Alysanne at the unfamiliarity of Dragomir greeting her as queen. She didn’t think she would ever get used to hearing anyone address her as such - though it was a little less daunting than the first time she had heard it. “Oh please, just Aly - like before.”

Her smile grew easier when he continued to speak. “As was I, my friend. I’m glad it didn’t take too long. Are you settling back in alright?” She wondered if it was strange to come back after so long. So much had changed since the last time Dragomir had called these woods home - Alysanne had seen it all happen first hand but it was still strange to her to think back.

*ALYSANNE*
the devoted

art by Chan

@Dragomir <3
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Bunnie
Following Hemlock’s flight out of the clearing with a grin, the stallion returns his eyes to his friend, her green eyes to his bright blue. He almost chuckles at her embarrassment at being called Queen, mostly because it is good to see that she is still the same, humble woman she had been the last he’d spoken with her, and shared time among the rows of seedlings and saplings (that were now plants, shrubs, and trees, much to his amazement). Restraining the mirthful sound however, his smile only widens, and he nods his agreement to her request.

Wondering if he has settled in alright, suddenly realizing he’d been preoccupied with his family and finding things to do, too much so to take time to wonder about whether or not he was truly comfortable, rather than just happy with his day to day so far (as he is rather easy to please, and he knows it). It doesn’t take him long, however, before he replies.

"As different as it is, yes," calmly says the deep voiced stallion, truly believing in the words as he says them. He doesn’t speak of his love’s broken heart, or how, sometimes, she still seems to be wreathed in storm clouds; instead, he speaks of the glimpses of who she really is, as she watches the mist dance about the trunks, or watches Letha play within and learn of the world around her. "The girls seem to like it as well."

Dual-toned tail lazily swaying, he pauses to look out at the wood.

"I saw dragons in the mist, again, the other day," he recounts, knowing Alysanne would appreciate just how precious such a sight could be to an aging, ever faithful being could be; though they had not been the Dragonheart, the sight of those around him suddenly becoming the wondrous beasts made feelings arise in his heart that the introverted man has difficulty putting words to, "I’d never thought I’d see that again."

Dragomir
@Alysanne
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Dragomir’s response to her question was satisfactory - she would hardly blame him for finding it a little strange to be back. Her smile grew soft, wistful even, at the mention of dragons in the mist.

Somedays, it felt like just yesterday when they had all been here - others it felt like a lifetime ago.

“I still expect them to all be here somewhere.” Aly confessed quietly in response to his statement - wishing she had seen the dragons as well. They’d bring her comfort - maybe. She liked to think they would bring her comfort, at least, or maybe they would just remind her of how far she has fallen. At least here, with a face that she knew from the past, she didn’t feel too out of place. Could Dragomir spot the ways she had changed? Or were they distant enough of friends that she was just the same mare she had always been?

She hoped it was the latter.

“Sometimes I think I’ll find Kahlua and Resplendence napping together in their spots in the forest, or see Mirage heading to call us all into a meeting.” She never got to know the Dragonheart well, but she had still been the Queen when Alysanne had first started. Her distant gaze focused once more on the friend in her company, drawing away from the ghosts of the past. “And you, crafting items. But I’m glad that you’re here in flesh and blood now, not just as a ghost in my memory. And!” She recalled his comment about how the girls seemed to be liking it here as well and her smile brightened. “With a new family too! Congratulations. I’m glad they’re liking it as well.”

*ALYSANNE*
the devoted

art by Chan

@Dragomir sorry about the wait! <3
made by the lovely tamme

Bunnie
He hears Alysanne’s reply with raised ears and compassionate eyes, reaching to touch her shoulder with concern, understanding that feeling. For a long while, he’d felt the same, until, one day, not so long after he’d come back here again, he found he could look around him, and it was as if they still were… In essence, anyway; perhaps it had been the death of his mother, and what the mourning had taught him, or maybe he’d at last grown old enough to understand.

No one was truly gone, so long as you could remember they had lived.

"They still are," he promises her, nodding his head as he speaks, "so long as we never stop remembering them."

And she does remember them; Resplendence, he thinks, a pain in his heart rising sharply as Mirage is mentioned. Swimming to mind immediately are her daughters: Semira’s smiles and easy laughter, and how she had comforted him, even when he was nothing more than a monster, and Amaris’ severe stare, haunting, as she’d first met him along the border of this very land. He thinks of them now, together, their scaled bodies shining in contrast to their mother’s sleek black, as Smoke talks to Destrier with a sly smile, and Lace sulks nearby, his brooding gaze fleetingly stolen by the Dragon Queen, whom he’d pretended not to love. He recalls Kahlua, and how he had looked at her the same way after she’d chosen the love of another, and Kaj, that man who had won the girl that Dragomir had so thought was to be his, then.

My saviors, all of them.

He grins when he thinks of Ranjiri, the solemn, nostalgic expression which had swum across his face as he recollected the past replaced with the warmth of his present. How much had changed since then! Not all of it, after all, was bad.

"Thank you," he says, somewhat bashful, because he has not yet had a family to call his very own to protect and guide until now; even though Letha is not truly his, he already has grown quite fond of the inquisitive girl, "I sometimes wonder how I got so lucky. I met Ranjiri here, you know, not long after I joined. I yelled at her and Roskuld for standing outside our border."

He chuckles, remembering it.

"This place," adds the crafter, with a wistful smile, looking over at his green eyed friend with a sigh of contentment, "it’s given me everything good in my life."

[ OOC: casually tags all your characters today I guess? ;D ]
Dragomir
@Alysanne
Wishlist | Table Tracker