the Rift

[OPEN] Never wake a sleeping dragon [Healer please!]

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Adrenaline flees from her body as quickly as it came, leaving the silver, winged figure all of a sudden drained of energy. Which is not the best predicament when one is in mid-flight. Well aware (now that she thinks about it) that her arrival in her newest form may cause some panic, an all-encompassing exhaustion demands she tries to find a clearing to land in somewhere along the Edge’s borders. Leather-bound wings throw up a whirlwind of dry twigs and pine needles as she lands heavily, without an ounce of normal Yael’s grace. In fact, there is nothing to call the least bit of resemblance to the little golden pegasus at all; if one were not to think of her silver-white locks, one might not make the connection at all.

Scaled tail and taloned feet touch the ground and her long body follows after, her neck snaking down to rest on the green earth. It aches. It throbs. The wound from Beloved’s horn could not magically disappear, though the puncture/skewer hole semed smaller now, on such a large neck. Bruises, too, peppered her chest and every foreleg movement held a stifled wince. There didn’t seem to be any lasting damage, or so her cursory assessment proclaimed - but she is no doctor. No, she would need to find Lyanna or Tilney, or even Sacre to pack the wound.

But maybe… not right now? She just needs to close her eyes for a moment. Just needs to rest. All the recent emotional and physical trauma begin to take their toll on the relatively fragile little pegasus, all buffer gone with the energy required when her body forced itself to transform. To save her life. And so the silver dragon closed its ice-blue eyes for a moment, beneath a brow of horns. Ah, she thinks as sleep abducts her… at some point she will need to find out what she looks like. And is the hot tub done yet? Good G-d she could go for a soak...

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

Open to any! After this thread: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=26524

I realize I don't have Skype at work and couldn't ask questions regarding the specifics of dragons on Helovia, so I hope it's ok! Can they talk in their dragon form? Is this like a free for all thing, where I just shouldn't go crazy in size, etc?

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
The heavy thud of something or someone landing wasn't lost on Sacre's mismatched ears, that swivelled at the sudden noise, his eyes growing wild around the edges with uncertainty. All the while his heart hammered in his chest, whilst cloven hooves carried him swiftly through the misty woodland, towards the borders of his home, ahead of him was a much faster duo of foxes who bounded quietly towards the object of their intrigue. For small creatures they had much doughtier hearts than he. The trees gave way for the trench that was dug around the borders, glittering glass spikes lurking dangerously in their depths, but Sacre altered his path and made for the source of the noise that made his nerves twitch apprehensively. After everything that had happened with Kaos, every little oddity or anything that just seemed out of the ordinary, put the fox-boy on edge. What if he was here? What then? Just he and his foxes against that his conjured monstrosities? His brow was lined with worry when Inari broke through the unease of his mind to shout one word.

"Dragon!" Dragon? What kind of dragon? Just a dragon? With no bonded friend? Or was it a different kind of Dragon?

His internal questions continued until a few minutes later when he reached the source of the earlier noise. Eyes as wide as saucepans Sacre slid suddenly to a resounding halt. 

So it was, a dragon.

A silver one at that; it laid across the floor like a gaudy rug strewn for anyone to trip over. Though its eyes were closed and really, for a grand ol' creature, it looked, well... Dishevelled? He hung back, uncertain whether to wake it or not, or perhaps he should find Tembovu or Alysanne, tell him there was a dragon of all things on the borders and he didn't know what to do with it. Feed it? Poke it and run? Startled blue eyes roved over the fallen lustrous reptile until he caught the sight of a puncture wound and his heart lurched, feet instinctively carrying him forwards. 

"Uhm" he spluttered, coughing to clear his throat of nerves before continuing "you're hurt! I'm a Doctor, I can... Help you with that" he fumbled his words out, concern colouring them, nodding frantically at the wound "may I?" he asked, having no idea what he would do if it refused. All the while, his instincts itched for him to run forwards and help the poor beast, regardless of whether it might eat him or not.

there's something tragic about you
something so magic about you

image credits

@Yael Yess I believe she can talk in her dragon form :D (though I'm no admin, if you wanna check) I left it ambiguous to her dragon form size I wasn't sure how big she was haha I hope its okay <3

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

yael

What does one do with a sleeping dragon, indeed! Feeding would be lovely, but who knows what the effect of meat might have on poor Yael’s stomach once she shifts back to her normal form. Poke at your own risk, though she is sure to have enough control of her faculties to ensure she doesn’t accidentally char some poor, inquisitively brave soul. In truth, she is a rather small dragon, if one were to consider the great beasts of legend. Oh, her wings were quite as large as they were before, bathed in the color of moonlight instead of the golden rays of the sun. The talons that tip the wings of her bones were black, though they are folded against her ribs and thus, are hard to distinguish. It’s odd that those are the little that remain, rather than her eye color, or even her signature gilded, glinting fur. No one could possibly mistake her then!

Ah, but magic is a fickle thing. Where once she could have picked up foals and dangled them high above a burning forest, she would be hard pressed to do so now (just ask Weaver - theirs is a history that is once again, bound for a head-on collision). And so, she may have wickedly sharp teeth and scales and claws that can rip open a horse’s belly, but she is still Yael-sized, and thus could potentially be over-powered, if they were to mind the various large, webbed spines and horns that sprouted from her brow, her serpentine neck and down her backbone.

Luckily for her, it is no warrior that crosses the dozing reptile’s path, but a Doctor. Even with the looming threat, he thinks of others second, and subconsciously, Yael finds that fascination. The unicorn’s voice slowly rouses her from the bone-deep exhaustion that has invaded every cell of her body. Deep, crystal-blue eyes open slowly, her second lids slow to rise and identify whomever stands before her. Having only seen the third Moon Doctor from afar, it takes a moment to recall his name, but when she does, a slight draconic smile flashes across her unfamiliar features. Even in her stupor, she retains her humor.

”Ssssacre? Eetssss me, Yael. I’m sssssorry… “ She tries to put her thoughts into words, but a usually accented tongue is only compounded by the unfamiliar, elongated shape of her mouth (not to mention the unusually large teeth - imagine your own tongue, trying to flounder while surrounded by a whole half-circle of buckteeth!). Though her wound isn’t serious per se, her general state is a possible cause for concern. Again, Yael tries to shake it off and speak normally. “Jusssst a fight. Sssss’ok.”

And what would they think when they find out she’d been attacked - for a second time?

Image © littlewillow-art

@Sacre  
Oh, I had no idea what size she was supposed to be, so no worries. Hope I made everything clear in this post ^_^
This is what I'm imagining her to look like: http://shinobi.ru/news/data/upimages/pos...00699.jpeg

Open to others too!

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre had no idea what he had been expecting from the dragon, except perhaps fire and death. Though this one was not quite as big as those that were often described in myth and legend. Yet, the Doctor still nervously stayed nearby, shifting his feet awkwardly, half hoping it would wake up, half hoping it wouldn't. If only his silly heart didn't insist on feelings of sympathy and worry, making him linger against the judgement of his mind, that was still lost in a horrifying fairytale somewhere. However, of all the possibilities Sacre had thought to expect, could have expected, was expecting—none of them were Yael. In fact, when the dragon spoke he jumped out of his skin, taking a sharp intake of breath as his eyes widened and he stood, frozen, for the longest of moments, before the strange speech began to make sense. "Yael?!" he spluttered again. He hardly knew Yael at all, not that that mattered now, considering matters 'an all. Though even then he was sure he never remember Yael as a silver dragon.

"What happened?" he blurted, plunging forwards towards her, discarding his fear as concern overrode it. Perhaps she was a shifter. The thought had never dawned on him, but he had seen shifters before, like Isopia and Tembovu. Even then, what had really happened to her? An accident? Had someone done this to her? The questions bubbled on his lips, but he steeled himself as there were other, more pressing matters to attend to. His nosy interrogation could come later. Instead, he attempted to fumble closer to her, hovering like some overprotective mother, pouring over her state with a critical eye, inspecting the puncture wound he had seen earlier and then, finally, he let out a shaky but relieved sigh. Her wounds didn't seem to be life threatening at least. "I will heal you now, we can talk later" he waited a moment, allowing her time to object if she'd rather lay there and bleed, before he reached for the power within.

She was quite small, for a dragon, though bigger than those who accompanied others as companions, but smaller than Sacre himself. Even so, her talons and teeth were enough to put the fox-boy slightly on edge, and yet he placed his trust in Yael, that she would not snap him up as a juicy meal, even if he was easy pickings. She was also quite the glittering sight too, silver from head to toe, and Sacre set about restoring her glorious body back to a more healthier looking state.

How did you heal a dragon?

He hadn't even thought about it, but guessed it to be the same as healing any horse, and she was after all under all that dragon, or at least he presumed—a horse. The young Doctor called forth the blanket of dark healing winds, putting his faith in the magic of the Moon, and bathed her puncture wound first, trying to ease the pain and repair the damage, his brow was furrowed in concentration. Once he was satisfied that he had done all he could with the puncture, he moved on to the bruises on her chest and the foreleg that troubled her. It took a while for him to finish, still not entirely used to wielding the healing magic as he fumbled with it, his concentration breaking now and then as he battled to get the hang of it, but he thought he got there eventually. The final thing he focussed on was any general weariness that might be plaguing her before the winds slowly disappeared into nothing and Sacre let out a tired breath.

"I did what I could, you should feel more at ease now?" he inquired, checking that she did indeed feel better and that his hard work had offered some respite from the injuries that had plagued her. Taking a thoughtful step back, he waited once more for her verdict, falling silent as his two foxes suddenly appeared under his chest, watching Yael with a sparkling curiosity.
there's something tragic about you
something so magic about you

image credits

@Yael <33 I hope I did this okay! I left the healing open for interpretation if you wanted her to have scars or not etc... :3

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

yael

In all the post-adrenaline, post-trauma, relief and exhaustion, Yael never once stopped to think that someone might find it surprising to hear a dragon speak. Did they not have companions with the ability to engage in telepathic speech? Other shifters? Or were mythical, non-speaking dragons such a common occurrence that finding one who speaks is a novelty? Surprise is evident in his tone and she can see where the great reveal of her identity has him more than a little startled. Surprise! she ought to say, and change back to her original form, but oh, that sounds so exhausting at the moment. The tiniest, softest chuckle trickles out as Sacre stands there, flabbergasted – because yes, it might be terribly difficult to imagine the petite, sweet-tempered Pegasus as a fire-breathing, death-wielding dragon. Even if she is small, by the great beast’s standards.

What happened? Well that is a mighty fine question, isn’t it? Yael sighs, both in weariness and exasperation at the whole scenario. She should really try to find out who that madwoman is and teach her a lesson. Yael’s version of a lesson – the last time she tried to teach someone one, it ended up with her dragon jaws clamped tight around a fluttering moth, threatening to swallow the transfigured troublemaker in a single gulp. It seemed an apt lesson to her at the time… but who knows what is going on now, back in B’kanna. Her hesitancy to bring it up (is it a personal problem, or would it turn into a herd problem?) combined with Sacre’s generosity allow the moment to pass, and she nods her assent to his decision. He is the doctor, after all.

She makes an effort to hold very still, which isn’t terribly difficult when the winds come. The healing itself is odd  but not uncomfortable, winds wrap themselves around her in a breezy, pillow-like embrace, magic swooping into her wound and doing what it does best. Yael tries to relax to make things easier for Sacre and his abilities, remembering all too well how healing can be surprisingly taxing work. In the end, all that’s left is a horn-sized circle on her neck, darker than the rest of her scales – something that could be easily mistaken as a bit of dirt instead of a scar.

“I feel worldsssss better. T’ank you Sssssacre.” Still, she makes no indication that she plans on leaving that spot any time soon. Crystal-blue eyes whirr as his companions approach, and she flashes the two little foxes a bit of a wink. Her gaze then slides up to Sacre’s face, where she says just that. “You are very kind.  To anssssswer your previoussss kesssstyon, I vasssss attacked by a uneecorn een ze Labyrinth.  Ssssseem to xaf acquired a ssssssstalker een ze ssssssshort time I’ve been xere. Ssssshe found and  cornered me and vell… xere I am and sssssshe sssssstil valks free”. Her shoulders roll in a slight shrug, not wanting to make too much of a deal about it. The fact is that she could now easily defeat the white witch now – not only that, but protect others from her madness as well.

Image © littlewillow-art

@Sacre  It's all great, thank you! <3