the Rift

[PRIVATE] What's Good?

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

PA!!

I ain’t see Pa nowhere, nowhere at all; he hadn’t been seen at all while Kisamoa had been free to do his thing all these months. I heard the Sun God had been told; I’d seen the Moon Goddess lay eyes on him herself. The Earth God, somehow, was blindsided enough to feel shame at the final reveal, outcasting himself and causing so many subjects that had counted on his rule and guidance to be fucking homeless. And yet, even throughout all that, he’d at least been here.

But Pa was nowhere to be seen.

PAAA!!

And I didn’t know how to feel about that.

I was…angry. Angry at him, angry at me, but mostly angry at the ongoing circlejerk of fuck up that was the normal circus between us and them. Okay, yeah, sure, I’m fallible. But it was a whole other kettle of fish if our gods were fallible too. If we were really, truly supposed to be the champions of this realm, then it was time for him to admit that shit out loud and trust us with some info that might, might keep us on-guard instead of blindly flailing in faith like we had been all these years.

“WHERE you AT, PA?!”

I was crying, thick tears streaming from my eyes, cuz I’d heard that Nyx had succumbed to her injuries and I was back to feeling like that helpless child with too much weight on her shoulders. But now I was fighting back; something inside me was pounding pounding pounding away at the crushing weight with beaten fists, and I was done being unprepared, done feeling helpless, done being terrified of my Pa, of seeing him as something other than….other. I screaming his name in rage, and frustration, in finally taking control and demanding a thing.

And it was scary and I cried cuz it was scary.

Chico was perched on the Shrine of Time, reverted to his most basic of all forms; a tiny, helpless lizard with a bright blue tail, cuz that’s how my spirit was feeling: naked and vulnerable and shivering and raving like a madman for my Pa, a piece of me fearing that he may not answer.

"talk"

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

Isopia -- CORDIALLY INVITED

@Mythical Request

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
the high indifference some fall fate; but we had names more intimate 

LALALALA OF COURSE I WILL BE IN ALL YO THREADS. THO FEEL FREE TO SKIP OVER ISO CAUSE THIS IS YOUR THANG.

They had tried to get together and chit chat about just what the fuck was happening, but Aithniel was no where to be seen. Ros had the right idea, screaming and yelling and trying to hold her Father accountable for all of this, and a small spring of jealousy and resentment threatened to flow inside of Isopia's mammoth body. She didn't have the luxury of that, seeing as how her Dad had dropped her (and the rest of the herd) like a hot potato, blaming Kisamoa/Kaos and his own shortsightedness and his too-big heart, as if any of those things were acceptable reasons to just abandon them all.

So Isopia was here, listening to Ros holler at the sky, because Ros has a parent who would listen, and Isopia did not. She was here to live vicariously through her cousin, or share in the responsibility, or just be near a dad that roughly approximated her own.

But who was she kidding. She and Ros weren't family. The God of fucking time was nothing like her own.

She felt like an orphan, dragged along to someone else's holiday dinner. Only she hadn't been dragged along, she'd invited herself and trailed behind Ros like a massive lost puppy. Silently, Isopia and her two dragons, stood beneath one of the dedication-trees, watching.

And waiting.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

Who the fucks idea was it to have kids? To expect some semi-mortal fleshy incarnations of themselves, to possibly be able to do any good in Helovia. They weren't respected above anyone else, were only slightly more powerful in ways that didn't importantly matter, and most of all, had no fucking idea what they were supposed to do, or how to do it.

He owed Ros an explanation, he knew he did.

The only problem?

He didn't know the answers himself.

"I don't know." His voice sparked from nothingness, as did his body. Appearing as undramatically as possible, one second he wasn't there, and then suddenly he was. Small traces of lightning flashed through the air to mark the passage of whatever portal he'd just shoved himself through, leaving tiny static shocks dancing through his upright mane.

"I don't know." He said again, as trying to cut of all Ros's questions ahead of time. What was Kaos? What're you going to do? What should we do? The fuck is happening.  I. Don't. Know.

Wearily, the God looked towards Chico, nestled up on his cracked and ruined shrine. Only for a second did his gaze flicker to Isopia and the thought poor kid flashed through his thoughts, before his attention firmly found its way back to his daughter.

Daughter. Fuck.

"And you don't have to come here and scream at the sky." He added, almost as an after thought. His voice low and cool, but bristling with an eye towards all the shit he should be taking care of right now, all the things he should know about, but didn't and wasn't. "I can come to you anywhere."

He hated this place.

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

If I wasn’t already all in my feelings like I was, I probably would’ve been breathless at the way my Pa just…heeded me like he did. Outta nowhere there he was, by my side when I screamed for him—and I wasn’t even shocked by it, and I think that’s what caught me off guard the most. It was weird to have this…this strange, groundless doubt of someone you think you shouldn’t trust, only to be proven wrong and proven right at the same time.

And it was even weirder that he didn’t even try and fight back—he ain’t even pull the insolent mortal card my bones practically begged him to pull. I had nothing to latch my angry teeth onto; he showed up, his head high but his eyes and his voice and the sag in his spirit telling me that I was right. I was right to be mad, I was right to be confused, cuz he was confused as well and we were both caught in the same trick bag. I ain’t even have to fight him for that admission; he just gave it.

The tears kept falling even though I was vindicated of my rage—and honestly, they probably fell slightly harder, a little more thickly. I wasn’t scared to cry in front of my Pa (though to be honest, I ain’t know Kis What’s-Her-Name was there with me, otherwise I probably would’ve at least tried to pull it together). I was facing something I was afraid of facing full-on, even more than the test of my demand against his authority—but I ain’t gonna get on that weird shit, not yet.
The point was that we were both lost and I pinned my ears cuz that wasn’t acceptable, goddamit.

I can come to you anywhere, he told me, and my heart pulled and I grit my teeth and I latched onto the anger cuz I wasn’t done trying to be mad at him just yet. “But you haven’t,” I said, my tone biting and harsh against his somber cajoling, “You…This thing Kaos had been prancin’ around for almost a year, doin’ shit, commandin’ us, and it’s like…” I started pacing, the shock in my bones preventing me from being angry in one spot, “we see shit all the time, spirits, messengers, agents from y’all that live here, or come to help us or give us advice or whatever. One of them even came by me and gave me the egg that would hatch into that little shit over there!” I couldn’t see it, cuz Chico was too small and too far away—but a tiny lizard’s tongue poked out at me.

“This world is molded by supernatural assholes daily; how the hell are we supposed to protect ourselves from a complete piece of shit if he decides to do us harm?” Something burst out of me—a sob or a growl, I wasn’t sure which. Shit Pa! I was born to even fight y’all if it meant keeping this place safe—but how the hell am I supposed to fight against an unknown-unknown? I can’t--we--AGH—“

I paused in my pacing, dipping down to wipe my cheek against my knee—cuz I was getting worked up, I was trying too hard to stay mad instead of staying on topic. I sighed (more like I SHOVED hair through my nose) and tried and kinda succeeded in getting my thoughts straight. “I don’t know, you don’t know. So--what? We just stand here like idiots not knowing? Is there nothing on your end that could help? That I could—“

Help with? But I realized what was about to fly through my mouth, and I wasn’t sure if it was an implication I was allowed to make—that I was ready to make.

"talk"

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

Roskuld was clever, but perhaps not so clever as she would have herself and everyone else believe. Or perhaps it was simply that her lips ran away with her words before her mind had time to catch up.

"Don't exaggerate." He retorted, more abruptly than he meant to. "It hasn't been almost a year. He only surfaced a few weeks back, and before that we had good evidence to suggest that he was dead. And we've never had anyone pose as one of our messengers or intermediaries before. It was never a scenerio we had to plan for." Although his tone had softened, his eyes hadn't. Although the Gods deserved a fair amount of blame for what had occurred, he certainly wasn't about to endure his daughter's incorrect rantings.

As rationality seemed to settle back on her shoulders and her anger appeared to dissipate, the God too seemed to relax.

"The Earth God has left his post as patron of the Falls, disbanding them in the process. The God of the Sun has sent Aithniel away into the lands that this Kaos came from, to try and learn more about him..I have looked into the time streams backwards and forwards, and can find no trace of him. He is able to cloak himself from us, though how, I do not know. He was here and we could not see it." Anger boiled below the surface of the God's skin, causing it to spark and blister with light. His voice trailed off, unsure and uneasy, as his head shook slightly. 

"We are fighting an enemy that we do not know and that we cannot see. His motives are unclear as are his intentions. " The God did not like being unsure, much less articulating it to his much younger progeny. "I would tell you to keep your eyes open and be mindful of what he does...but I am sure you do not need to be told that."

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
the high indifference some fall fate; but we had names more intimate 

That no one was really paying much attention to her didn't bother the demi-goddess. This was not an exchange that needed to include her, and for the time being, she was content to disappear into the background (literally), and just listen. The longer she stood, the more she began to blend into her environment. The rocks and mosses that covered the veins began to creep up her legs and composed a shell around her, making her appear like the dilapidated statues.

As Ros's father mentioned her own, Isopia felt herself internally stiffen. It wasn't as though she wasn't to defend his actions, but at the same time, it felt bizarre to hear him criticized. She had criticized him only a few days prior, and yet hearing her own thoughts regurgitated struck a strange chord inside of her. Swallowing and taking care not to move (which would cause rocks to bounce off of her body and would surely draw attention back to herself), Isopia stifled this bizarre assortment of feelings, and continued to listen silently.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here