the Rift

Lonesome Creeps Inside Me (Earth God)

Tainted Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She walked along. Her hooves clanked against the ground. Fear had been ignited in her body. She stopped for a moment. She thought about turning herself around. She consumed all her courage and continued on straight. Lonesome stalked through her body. She needed someone to be with. A companion. Someone to company her through lust, loss, and pain. She wanted a coyote. A fierce creature. One much braver than herself. One to push her through fear. "Hello?" Her usual seductive voice was there. She spoke softly though. She knew, indeed, that even if she used her smallest voice, someone would hear. Maybe not come to her aid, but hear.

"Any gods willing to aid me in my request for a companion? Preferably Earth God?" She gave no details about her request. She hoped someone would return her voice. She hoped the ground would rumble and the earth god would come. She heard stories of the Earth God. "Uh, I have never been here. I am not sure if must address myself. If so, I am.." She hesitated. "Tainted." She was indeed tainted. The mare's stomach had already started swelling. Mixed emotions about the new life growing inside of her. PLEASE ANSWER! She screamed in her head. Please don't ignore me like most. I fear stallions greatly. Being here makes nerves crawl up my spine. Then she realized the Earth God couldn't hear her thoughts.

She turned around, almost certain no answer would come. She lowered her head. The volcano in the distant. She started walking. Only a few steps. Then she stopped and turned her head. To check one last time if anything would happen.

OOC: I haven't left yet. This isn't my leaving post.. Just to clarify.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The ground began to roll and shake under her hooves as she turned to leave, soon followed by the sound of a boulder splitting which seemed to unleash a flood of water that went spilling across the ground, pooling at the mare's hooves.

From behind her the great stallion of earthen hues, his mane and beard frosted white in this season of snow and ice, unfurled his wings with a cloud of dust. His voice rumbled in his chest like an avalanche cascading down a mountainside. "You would walk away so hastily?"

His tone was gentle, his eyes kind and full of a soft humor. He understood her actions to be born of nerves so did not take offense at her summoning him and just as abruptly preparing to leave him, but it was not an action he'd hope to see repeated so swiftly. He grew tired of arriving at the mortal's beck and call when they had not the decency to show respect.

"Calm the whites in your eyes, Tainted, I have heard you and I will hear your request." Tainted, he mused as he said her name, thinking it most unfortunate. "A companion will most surely aid your heavy heart, but you must learn to be strong of your own accord too. Why does your heart quiver so and your soul writhe with unrest?"

Unregistered
The ground shook under her timid hooves. After a moment water was pooled around them. She quickly turned to see a the huge god, The Earth God. A sparkle of joy slipped over her face. Recently, many stallions had deranged her perspective of them. She didn't truly have an answer of why she was going to walk away like that. The courage it took to walk here was great. She was here, why would she leave? Her thoughts sprinkled her mind. His voice, which was a tone of power, cut through her thoughts. The words Calm down, shook fear down to her very core. Abyss had said similar words, before he disrupted the glimpse of trust she had for stallions. I quiver because I am a fag.. She thought it was true too. "Uh.. w-well, I have never really needed to think about what egged my fear on. My father, then friend, and now.. well, look at me? A fat beast." She wasn't truly fat, just pregnant. Is this rhetorical? Gosh, I hope not.. When he said her name, she realized why she was named so foully. She was tainted. She wasn't as bright as everyone thought and she certainly wasn't the prettiest, or most charming. Those characteristics, were, well, tainted.

"I could blab on and on about my history, but the depth of the story is far to great." She hoped she didn't sound rude. Ruining her slim chances of getting a coyote as a companion would crush her. She dipped her head slightly, the memories of her near and far past saddened, delighted, and horrified her.

Some of the water that had come from the god's entrance had disappeared. Evaporated, or something she thought. "Sir, the companion I wish for is brave. The coyote. Mysterious, yet lacking at parts of creativity. I could help my companion 'make-up' for those losses, and the coyote would make up for mine." She didn't know if that helped, or didn't. Did I answer his questions...

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The idea that she accepted her fear so readily and never dwelled on its roots set the God of the Earth's features into a frown. Of a strong personality and body he was a firm believer in standing with conviction and facing challenges rather than running from them, least of all with little explanation. That she could manage such truly perplexed him.

"You should take pride in the swell of your belly. You harbor fresh life in there, life that you created and need nourish. It is a beautiful thing, creation." He offered her a warm smile, hoping to soothe her nerves and to inspire in her faith in his words. He had always had a passion for creation, it is why his season of Birdsong was full of such splendor and flourish as the land rejuvenated from the decay of Frostfall.

Her thoughts on her pregnancy had him concerned once more however, and he feared that such a mousey mare would not be a strong and guiding mother. Could he perhaps lead her to a brighter future and provide her understanding of her self through the task he would assign her? He could only hope for as much.

"Your thoughts on the companion are interesting, there is not many that would label him as such, even myself. You certainly have a different perspective on the world." He flicked his tail in idle thought, tilting his head and feeling the great weight of the ram horns curled there. A coyote was not an animal that came to his mind when thinking of bravery or strength. The coyote was a deceptive trickster and often times a thief as much as a hunter, and anyone who stole had to be creative to some extent.

"Most curious." He replied at long last as he set his gaze upon her with a heavy weight. He would not tell her how to think of the coyote - perhaps it was he who needed to view the canine in a different light.

"Tainted, before I can provide you this gift you must first prove that you can properly care for this companion, just as you must soon care for the child in your womb, and as you must care for yourself. I task you with two events then: you must rescue a foal from a dangerous situation and you must spar with a stallion. I hope both events will help you recognize your self worth and make you face your fears, or in the very least, provide some understanding as to their cause and purpose. It is not wrong to be afraid Tainted, but you should not let such fear rob you of life."

With that the Earth God began to retreat back to his shrine, wings folding to his side in preparation of walling himself back behind the stone artifact and sinking into the sky once again.

Unregistered
He told her two things, spar with a stallion, and save a foal from a dangerous situation. Wait.. Sparring could injure my developing foal. Sparring with a stallion puts my foal in a dangerous situation. She had her thoughts about the coyote. Brave, for finishing tricks that seemed impossible It connected with her, but no one else. Even the god that understood nature, didn't understand her. She turned and walked away. Back to where her last love for stallions died. She was perhaps just to confusing for this world. She loved her foal, but the stallion who gave it to her.. not so much. Perhaps if she finished what was asked of her, she could get her coyote friend. She was a loving mare, but, stallions didn't understand her She didn't like stallions. Racist almost.

"No one gets me. I don't even get myself. A god who loves living things, doesn't trust me. No foals in Helovia, are ever around danger." Her temper rose. "I should spar now." She headed for the battle ground. As she left, her thick seductive voice, and feminine smell were left behind.