V
I
N
G
S
T
O
N

The beast is sleeping and has been for a very long time now...

He has been lost from the eyes of the world in a hidden nook down one narrow, winding arm of the twisting labyrinth, tangled in a cover of concealing vines.  Some of that growth has died back now for one reason or another, leaving his large cat's face and curled paws visible to anyone passing by. Yet, still he sleeps as if be spelled.

Were he to open his eyes and look around he would not know anything about this place.  Unlike the others who came through in the wake of an invading God and landed in surroundings that, while displaced, were familiar to them Livingston does not hail from a favored civilization of the great and terrible wolf God.  If he were ever asked about this creature he would know no more than about the Labyrinth itself.  For, while he did come in the same way and from the same planet, his was a small forgotten corner favored by no God at all.  Yet, it seems even that little pocked of the world did not escape the turmoil caused by Gods at war.

The sleeping creature will be in for a great and terrible surprise when at last he wakes.  Perhaps it would be better if he did not...

I know I am dreaming, I know it because the colors are all wrong.  The colors are always wrong in dreams.  It seems this dream has gone on for ages though and all I can think is that perhaps I have taken ill and they are fevered dreams?

First there is the hustle and bustle and anxiety of a coming coronation... my coronation, I think. Something happens to put it way off track though.   I see myself slipping out of the stronghold, creeping down to a lower ledge of the mountain pass, probably to clear my head.  I am set upon by shadows, many shadows.  There is a fight, I think from this removed vantage point that I fought rather well considering, but their numbers are too much for me.  I am taken down and hauled away, but not dead no I'm quite sure of that much.

This all rings true and perhaps it even explains the fever dreams.  Perhaps, I was quite gravely injured in that fight and did indeed take ill.

Now comes the madness, the part I have seen over and over again in the space behind my eyes and can make no sense of.  There is ruckus and roaring, magical blasts and flashes... blood and bones and death.  There are great towering figures above it all.  One with a slobbering wolf's head and mad eyes.  A second with, some sort of silver aura surrounding it. I can see little more than that.  It is another battle, a massive one, it must be... but I don't remember any event that would have left me watching such a thing and everything about it feels so alien.

The eyes behind the closed lids move back and forth in a restless manner.  Clearly the sleep has become, or perhaps always was, troubled.  Still he does not wake even as the sun filters through the towering trees to warm his face. He remains stretched on the ground, hind-end tangled in vines and twitching paws extended before his whiskered muzzle.

So the scene waits for a new player to join this sleeping beast's strange play...

Image Credit

OOC: No plans for him yet, open to anyone!

Vertigo Posts: 34
Aurora Basin Weaver
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: Four
DarkShadow
How she found herself here, she'll never know. She'd gotten curious, too curious really, of the world outside the Basin. She was tired of being terrified of everything. Tired of not having anyone close to her. She wanted a friend. She wanted a best friend. It was a silly thing to want really, but Vertigo had gone her whole five years without so much as an acquaintance until recently. She'd had a taste of kindness and wanted more. Shaking her antlered head, Ve continued onward, still not really sure how or why she had made her way into this confusing place.

Her pace is slow as her sapphire eyes take in this strange part of the world. She'd gotten so used to the snow and cool air that this humid, green land was quite different. Sure, where she'd come from had greenery, but Vertigo did her best not to think about that place. She didn't want to remember the taunting and teasing she'd endured, especially when she'd discovered just how easy it was to be herself around those who actually enjoyed her company.

A strange scent reached her nostrils and the Draft halted. It was a masculine scent, at least she was assuming, but she didn't see another beast, equine or not, anywhere nearby. Her brow furrowed in concentration. Now where could this creature be? The soft sound of underbrush caused her ears to fly forward. Something was moving, though it wasn't very much. It was a slight sound, one she only heard because all was silent here. Tilting her large head, Ve allowed her dark ears to swivel around her skull, trying to catch another hint of where the sound was coming from.

Another snort escapes her, stomping a heavy hoof. Her sapphire gaze scans the forest floor around her and it's only then that she sees a peculiar sight. Paws. “What...?” Her voice is soft, almost inaudible as she questions her own vision. No, that can't be right....can it? Lowering her pale muzzle to the beast's level, Vertigo realizes that, yes, her vision hadn't failed her yet. Blinking in surprise, the large mare allows a grin to reach her features. What a peculiar thing he was!

Being ever so careful, the maiden reaches her face closer, breathing in his strange scent. Yes, this was the creature she'd sensed earlier. What was he doing here? His sleeping form seemed peaceful, save for the occasional twitch of his paws and his eyes moving beneath his lids. Not wanting to be rude, Vertigo takes a step back, her eyes never leaving the beast's form.

"Talk."
Vertigo
And I'll be there for you
As the world falls down
lines | color & coding

@Livingston
Wanted to use my new table P:
[Image: ve_chibi_by_hoofbeatdesigns-daya7ew.gif]
Please tag Vertigo in all posts
Non-Lethal Magic/Attacks Allowed
Pixel by me :)

Livingston Posts: 2
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 HH :: 7 Years
LovellaTorendo
L
I
V
I
N
G
S
T
O
N

Those large paws twitch again and the claws of one flex almost absently.  However, it is clear that the beast has not woken just yet.  His heavy lids are still closed, his breathing still the steady rhythm of slumber.  The mare is near enough for even the soundest sleeping creature to have smelled but female horses would not be an uncommon thing for this particular beast to smell.  So, that alone does not prove enough to wake him.  She does let her curiosity get the best of her for a moment, though.  While she appears to be taking care not to disturb him her head is level with his sprawled frame for just long enough and just near enough to send a warm puff of breath wafting into his face.  This is enough to interrupt his dreams...

The restless shifting ceases and all at once he is very, very still.  Then just one large, glittering, golden eyes opens ever so slowly.  A searching gaze lands on the tall, sturdy woman dangling flowers from her antlers.  He blinks once, twice, a third time as if this is not at all what he'd expected to see.  Yet, there is no clear sign of confusion so even if it wasn't expected the sight is not out of the ordinary enough to truly disturb him.

This is not a servant I recall encountering before.  That is a little unsettling but not entirely surprising. I have no idea how long I have been out with this fever, I certainly do not know every servant in the whole palace and the staff assigned to maintain the royal quarters is changed on a fairly regular basis.  So, it is not strange that I do not know her.  It is rather irritating that she is just standing there, though.  Especially given that she has just woken me, something they always try very hard not to do.  Maybe she is new...

Well, alright.  I'll just remind her where she is.  Hopefully manners and proper decorum will follow this realization.

With that one eye still open, and the other not yet joining it, he stretches the pawed forelegs out even further claws raking the empty air in front of them.  He rolls to his belly then and lifts his thickly maned lion's head shaking the hair out of his face.  Both eyes blink blearily before snapping firmly open and settling imperiously on the mare.  He does not make any effort to get to his feet.  Clearly, he does not consider her either threatening or worth standing up to talk to.

"You there!"

His voice is a great, deep, rumble not entirely unpleasant but likely very alien sounding to the natives of this world.

"Have you brought me my medicine, girl?"

Image Credit

OOC: and what a fine new table it is too!
@Vertigo

Vertigo Posts: 34
Aurora Basin Weaver
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: Four
DarkShadow
As the beast opens one golden eye, Vertigo's grin falters slightly. She hadn't meant to disturb his slumber, though it's quite obvious she hadn't been as careful as she had intended. He stretches, the action causing the female to take another few steps backwards, making herself free from reach. Her head tilts to the side slightly as she takes in his appearance again. He certainly is an odd thing....

Just as she opens her mouth to speak, the male rolls to his stomach, shaking his maned head. The draft closes her jaw, snorting softly. Ebony ears swivel around as he speaks, his voice not at all what the maiden was expecting. “Have you brought e my medicine, girl?” Vertigo blinks a few times, his words running through her brain as she tries to figure out just what it is he's asking of her. Medicine? She was no healer. Why would he want medicine anyways? Was he sick?

The female tilts her head again, sapphire eyes taking on a worried expression. “Medicine?” She voices her question, still not quite sure what it is he wants. “Are you hurt? Do you want me to go get help?” She's truly concerned, after all, how can she make a new friend if he's more preoccupied with getting well or being in pain? She can't have any of that!

Ve takes a step closer, eyes raking over his unfamiliar form. He didn't look hurt...or injured. Then again, she could really only see his upper body. Where was the rest of him anyways? She snorts again, her eyes meeting his. He was handsome, she'd give him that, but he was still and odd looking and somewhat confused beast. At least, that's what she was assuming. She offers a shy smile, wondering just what she can do to help in this situation.

She was mostly useless, at least, that's what she thought. She had no rank, no training. Vertigo was young and, honestly, introvert. Honestly, what could she do?

"Talk."
Vertigo
And I'll be there for you
As the world falls down
lines | color & coding

Why thank you ^^
@Livingston
[Image: ve_chibi_by_hoofbeatdesigns-daya7ew.gif]
Please tag Vertigo in all posts
Non-Lethal Magic/Attacks Allowed
Pixel by me :)