the Rift

[PRIVATE] wishes

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

“Come on, Vesper. It’s time to go.”

Night was falling, and while he was sure his mother would appear during the day if she must, they were a family made for the night and that habit was difficult to break. They were on their way to the Veins, taking particular route so that they didn’t have to go within sight of the Marshes. He was still unnerved by the appearance of Kaos - by the fact that Vesper seemed to see through the strange requests from Kisamoa when Mesec hadn’t. They were strange, sure, but that was where his suspicions had stopped.

Much as he was proud of his daughter, he was ashamed of himself at the same time.

He had decided they would go to the Veins to visit instead of finding a spot in the Edge to try to summon the Goddess. Her presence in the Edge always seemed to gather a crowd - but what Mesec had in mind for their trip tonight was a little more private.

They made their way there, a clear sky stretching out above them so that the stars and moon added their silver light to the strange blue glow of the lava that laced the peninsula. Mesec came to stop before the shrine of his mother, looking to his daughter and giving her an encouraging smile. “You can call for her, if you’d like. I think we’ll have a better chance this time.” Their trip to the Veins last time, where they had been hopeful that the Earth God would appear and soothe their worries about Kisamoa, had gone without so much as a whisper from any of the gods. He wasn’t completely sure his mother would show up this time - but he was hopeful. Was she curious at all about her granddaughter? Would she come answer any of the questions they had?

That ever-present pain that Virga was not with them as well ate at Mesec’s heart and he reached over to nudge Vesper, taking comfort from her presence and give her some as well.

mesec

I'll fight to survive through this thunderous life
without you by my side

art by xdjurax

@Vesper
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

"I CAN'T PULL YOU CLOSER THAN THIS
IT'S JUST YOU AND THE MOON ON MY SKIN."

I didn’t want to admit it, but I’d been afraid to leave home.  It seemed like everything had changed since Kaos had revealed himself.  He wasn’t a peaceful creature of the sea, but something much darker.  Something built of greed and bones and darkness.  Something who had no qualms about destroying those who got in his way.  The image of Nyx being flung like she weighed nothing at all was seared into my memory, all for defending her daughter. The memory was enough to send a shudder up my spine.

It wasn’t until he’d asked us to collect the bones that’d I’d finally listened to the warning bells chiming in my mind. I was still so thankful that Papa had listened, that he hadn’t made me complete the task Kisamoa - Kaos - had set.  At least that way I didn’t have to feel so complicit in this whole mess, but knowing that he was so close set me on Edge.  The only thing that kept my feet moving was the promise of seeing the Moon. Last time we had come asking questions of Kaos, the Gods had not come.  However, this time, Papa felt confident that Grandmama would come to speak to him.  I was excited at the prospect of finally meeting her, but I was certainly nervous considering the circumstances that drove us back to the Veins.  

I couldn’t help but think what a strange pair we would have been had we been spotted.  Both of us were more comfortable traveling under the soft light of the stars, casting a soft glow under the veil of night. I kept my eyes trained on the skies above as we walked, deriving comfort from the flickering heavenly orbs.  Before I knew it we were standing, again, before the shrines of the Gods.  My eyes were fixed on the shrine of the Moon, and I let out a soft sigh wishing that Virga could be standing here with us.  I turned to Papa as he spoke, my silver eyes meeting his.  I offered him a small smile and nodded once before taking a step closer to the shrine.

I looked up towards the stars, uncertain about what I was supposed to do, and spoke softly into the night, “Grandmother Moon, can you hear us?”

V E S P E R

image credit

@Mesec

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the MOON

Wind and darkness

"Always"

The Goddess' voice cooed from the shadows. Starlight began to compose her delicate form, sparkling and shining her body into creation. Even when she became whole, bits of star-sheen continued to stick to her and dance across her body, as if she was too lovely to leave unadorned by light.

The Goddess' shining pupil-less eyes found Mesec, and a smile pushed her cheeks outwards until the swell of a smile breached her entire face. "Hello darling." She said, before looking down at Vesper. She had never been particularly maternal, and yet she was very proud of the little family that Mesec had created. Oh she knew little about the mother, but the babies were gorgeous little creatures. "My how big you've grown!" She cooed once again, a softer smile now touching her lips and her eyes.

Again her eyes rose to Mesec, looking slightly skeptical now. It was not like him to just ... call for her, despite the fact that it was Vesper's voice that reached her ears and not his. They had an interesting relationship, and though it was healing and strengthening, hers was not the council he normally sought.

"Is there any particular reason for this midnight visit?" She asked, her voice light and fluttery as if she was speaking to a kitten or a very young baby. Her eyes dropped to Vesper as she smiled again, though clearly her words were for Mesec.

CREDITS

Vesper seemed a little nervous, but Mesec mostly just saw strength when he looked at her, stepping up to her grandmother’s shrine and asking if they were heard. Had he ever been as brave as she was a single day in his life? He had proved to be a coward time and time again, but maybe she’d inspire him to do more.

His mother’s voice was soft in the darkness, a near-instant reply that caused a small sigh in relief from Mesec. She would appear for them! Beautiful as ever, she composed herself out of starlight and twinkled on - making them a family of gleaming, shining horses. But though Mesec shone with the light of the moon and Vesper with the stars, they didn’t quite match the brilliance of the Goddess. He returned her smile with a small but warm one of his own, responding with a quiet “Hello mother.” His smile grew when she turned her attention to Vesper, warmth filling his heart.

Mesec hated that he wasn’t sure whether his mother was just humouring him with her smiles, with her cooing and compliments towards Vesper. He wanted to believe that she truly cared about him, about his daughter, but mingled with the shining hope that always commanded his heart was a dark touch of doubt. His love for his mother was nothing like that which he had for his children - it was tainted and clouded with years of uncertainty both in himself and in her.

But it had changed, a little. Ever since he had become a father and ever since she had helped him get control of the warg.

He knew it was strange to call on her so casually. This was nothing like the last two times he had seen here, he wasn’t bedraggled and tortured and desperate enough to call upon her seeking her help. He wanted to see her - to pretend just for a little bit of time that they were a normal family.

Which was why, right away, when she asked up front what the reason for this visit was, he didn’t mention Kaos just yet. Maybe Vesper would, and that would be alright, but Mesec couldn’t bring himself to form those words just yet. “I… we wanted you to meet your granddaughter… officially. I wanted to bring her soon but things have been, well, chaotic.” A very unintentional pun.

mesec

without you by my side

art by xdjurax

@Vesper

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

"I CAN'T PULL YOU CLOSER THAN THIS
IT'S JUST YOU AND THE MOON ON MY SKIN."

She answers so quickly! I take an involuntary step back in sheer surprise as a smile flickers across my dark lips - my silver eyes seeking Papa’s in excitement. Inwardly, I was overjoyed that she was here and coming to speak with us - away from the hustle and bustle of herd life! I was so excited to see her - to really meet her - that I found myself overwhelmed in the best possible way.  If it were possible - I glowed a little bit brighter as the shadows and stars pulled to assemble the easily recognizable shape of the Goddess.  I could do nothing but smile and literally radiate my happiness as she spoke to Papa.  And then she spoke to me, and I couldn’t help but stand up a little bit taller a something akin to a giggle escaped my lips. 

Papa saved the day when he spoke again - explaining why he had come. It was true, I did want to meet her. It’s all I wanted. Papa and the Moon were the only family that I really knew here in Helovia, even though I knew there must be more. But I wanted to know her. I wanted her to know me, even if that was the naive wish of a child.  I felt like meeting at herd meetings just...wasn’t the same, even though I would still serve the herd best I could. ”We thought it best come to see you than to wait for someone to call you at home.” I added, happily. Though I struggled not to roll my eyes at Papa’s choice of words. Chaotic. That was an understatement, if I’d ever heard one. Things had gone so well my first year, but it seemed that with each passing season, things grew more...complicated. 

I felt guilty about troubling Grandmother Moon with my own burdens. I knew there was little she could do to soothe the burn of losing Mama and Virga. But, perhaps, she could help us with some of the other burdens that we carried. The scenes of the Kaos God haunted me in my sleep.  Dreams of bones and decay and death.  I could hear the screams and smell the blood before chasing away the nightmares.  I kept hidden from Papa how much all of this had troubled me.  He knew that I hadn’t trusted Kisamoa, that I was frightened of Kaos, but I don’t think he knew how much it had rattled me to my very core. I worried that the bones that created his creature were Mama’s bones. Were Virga’s.  And I wanted to know why he’d come. Why he’d demanded the bones in the first place. And what would happen if we stripped them from him. “There’s something else too…” I began, hesitating somewhat, uncertain if Grandmama even wanted to discuss such things. 

“Do you know anything about the Kaos God? How we would defeat him?” Or if we even can? I finish, in my own head, unwilling to cast such doubt out loud.  Kaos had rattled me to my very bones.  However I’d seen Grandmama’s magic out class Kaos’ once before.  There, on the beach, when he was still masquerading as Kisamoa. I turned my silver eyes up at the goddess, the question - the hesitation - evident there, wondering what her thoughts on Kaos were.  

V E S P E R

image credit

@Mesec
@Mythical Request

SORRY SO LATE ;-;

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the MOON

Wind and darkness

Her lips twitched at the mention of things being chaotic, but it was to the child that her attention was drawn. "Defeat him, darling?" She purred, looking to Mesec with a skeptical glimmer in her eye, before returning her silvery gaze back to the girl before her. She wondered why and how it was that this child was thinking about defeating Gods, when she came from a family of them. Such thoughts should not be rambling about in her skull, she was certainly far too young.

Ahh well, girls will be girls and all that.

"Darling you needn't worry about him. I'll tell you a secret, shall I?" Again her eyes whisped up to Mesec, indicating that her words were for him too. Raising and fanning out her wings slightly, like an owl might, to huddle the girl closer, the Goddess whispered gently, "You leave him to me. Let him stew in the marshes among the dead and the muck. I know what comes next, and I will take care of it."

Twilight flashed in her eyes as a smile played out across her lips.

CREDITS

Mesec had heard that the Earth God felt deeply troubled by the appearance of Kaos, but his mother was acting as though it was barely even worth discussing. Was that skeptical glance cast his way when Vesper spoke of defeating him because she didn’t think that he should be defeated?

Unfortunately, he had a feeling that this visit was going to leave them with more questions than answers.

The Goddess’ violet wings spread and enveloped Vesper, folding her into a warm gesture as she whispered gently to her. Mesec’s eyes were locked on the pair - eager to hear his mother’s words, feeling a kaleidoscope of emotions. There was no relief to be felt at the words that were shared - his mother telling Vesper that she would take care of what was coming next.

Mesec’s lips turned down into a frown just as hers quirked with a smile. His gaze flickered to Vesper, feeling (finally) that maybe this was too much for her to hear - but it was too late now. He hoped she had been reassured by his mother’s words, even if he needed more clarification. “So he isn’t a threat? Or not one we should we concerned about?” Mesec frowned as his mother, not sure he trusted her word on the matter but eager for reassurances all the same. She didn’t seem overly worried about what came next - but did that mean there was no threat from this new god or that she didn’t care what threat he was. Mesec (believed he) knew how much his mother craved balance between light and dark - was Kaos just another pawn in that overall game?

mesec

without you by my side

art by xdjurax

@Vesper <3