the Rift

Imminent threat [SNEAKS]

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki
iona
The dark pegasus called out to her ranks  while standing in the clear area not too far from the cliffs. She could hear the waves crashing below and could smell the salt rushing up over the rocks, but today neither provided much comfort.  Iona had been troubled even before Kaos had revealed himself, and now her mind was simply a jumble of thoughts.  So Iona wanted to keep this meeting brief and dispatch the rank as appropriate, so she waited for the shadows to reveal those who had pledged their loyalty to them. 

When they had come, she spoke. “This meeting will be brief. We all have more important things to be doing,” she began, brusquely. 

“First off, any behavior such as what we saw last season will not be tolerated. Period.  Disputes between individuals are to be handled like mature adults.  Challenges over a rank will not result in death threats and dissolve into unnecessary pettiness.  I will not have this rank crumble from the inside when we face much larger threats from beyond our borders. This will be your only warning.”  The painted mare did not outwardly show her irritation, but her emerald eyes were cold as ice.  Her patience was running dangerously thin for the childlike behavior that had infected the ranks, and the rise of Kaos illustrated just how little time she had for such things.  If individuals were going to act like children, she was going to treat them as such. 

She took a breath, and quickly moved onto more important business. “Next, Patrols with the warriors will be announced shortly.  Stay alert for the announcement, and keep a wary eye out during your patrols.  Warriors will be looking for overt threats during patrols - you will be looking for more subtle signs. If you run into others during the patrol, ask questions. Learn more about them. Now is not the time to burn bridges.  And if something regarding Kaos comes up, return home immediately with the information you’ve gathered. This is not an enemy you can fight on your own, but we do need intelligence on how to best him.”  This was something she couldn’t stress enough, because the last thing she wanted was for someone to lose their life taking on Kaos alone. This was an enemy unlike any they had faced before. 

She continued, “As always, you’re encouraged to continue developing contacts outside the herd. Individuals that you could rely on to bring you valid information. Those that you can trust. Remember, manipulation only gets you so far, trustworthy sources will bring you better information.  This is going to be essential now that the threat of Kaos looms.  Friends will be important in the days to come.”  Again, this was important.  She wanted to make sure that the herd was operating on the best information possible when it came to taking on Kaos, not anything compromised in any way.  She was unwilling to bet the future of the herd on bad information. 

“If anyone has any questions or concerns, please bring them to me directly. I’d be happy to hear them.” She finished, waiting to see what any of them had to say, knowing that with this group there’d more than likely be questions. 

"The question isn't who's going to let me;
it's who's going to stop me."
image credits || quote: ayn rand

OOC: If anyone wants to attempt a steal, you are permitted to do so! Please PM your stealth to Iona, Toulouse, Alysanne, and Tembovu (please include all 4) or reach out to all of us on Skype. :)

Please be sure to respond to this thread if you want a patrol. Only sneaks that respond will be given a patrol.

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.

The pair traveled away from their little home. Teal orbs carefully looked to the land around them as they set off for the adventure of the day. Trotting through the herd pale golden ears picked up on a call from her rank head. Iona was calling the sneaks for a meeting...great. The mare rolled her eyes slightly thinking she would have to see that pathetic excuse of a man once again. Tin chuckled slightly thinking of how silly that creature was. Loud, annoying, rude, and filled with lies. A soft bump came to his shoulder from Raeden telling him to stop. It made her angrier everytime she thought about it. Cream tresses floated behind her as she started to canter towards the spot Iona called her to. She did have some news to share about the Fall's disbandment. It was crazy how a god would just up and leave his herd. The idea made the mare shiver in her spine, but the shadow had to not dwell on the past.

Cantering together the pair blended into the surroundings, hiding from looking eyes. Finally, when they came to the tree line, the mare came to a slow walk. Teal eyes wandered the grounds seeing who was there.  No one was in sight yet; she was the first to arrive. Stepping from the shadows Tin finally let his magic fade away. There they stood in front of Iona; a soft wind blew through her mane as she listened to the superiors words. Nodding her head in agreement a dark feeling flooded into her heart. This whole Kaos thing did not settle well in her stomach, and there was still a lot of stuff that needed to be discovered. Silver flecks brightened as she went on to speak about the patrols. Nodding her pointed skull, the mare agreed with what the paint had to say.  I will gladly join in on patrols where ever I am needed. Just tell me who to meet and where to go. She waited until the mare was done so she could speak up. Then her focus shifted to another topic.  I went on a patrol near the Falls because there was a rumor of odd things going on. I am not sure if everyone is aware, but Hidden Falls is no longer a herd land. There is a healing spring the King, and I found, but everything else is gone. The earth God no longer resides in that land.

The troubled head shook slightly think about how all those members had to feel about it. What would happen if the moon god up and left them? Tin stood next to the mare watching the others gather around. Then his attention fell on Iona to see how she would respond to this news.  I am sorry if this is news that everyone already knows, but I figured I could at least tell you about the healing spring.

words

Image Credits

@Iona

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie

Caenan disappeared again; Naerys followed.

Whether Naerys followed with the intention of finding her lost love or because she simply couldn't take that heartbreak again, she isn't likely to ever say. But just like the tide, her return in inevitable: predictable, even. Through thick and thin, the Edge has been her steadfast home. If one could give their heart to the land, there is little doubt that the World's Edge has hers - as cracked and broken as it is. The girl made it to the main herd meeting at the very last available moment, sliding in not long before the meeting adjourned. What she quickly discovered, however, was just how far out of the loop she'd become.

In her absence she missed a lot and now she has the difficult task of catching up.

Before Naerys could do much in the way of searching and listening, her aunt's call pierced the misty air of the Edge like a blade. The girl does not hesitate to heed the summons. She turns rather abruptly and heads directly towards the cliffs. She rather quickly finds Iona and Raeden, her teal eyes falling on the contrasting figures standing not far from one of her favorite places in their home. Petyr settles himself easily upon her shoulders, preening the feathers he could reach and occasionally playing with the ends of her long, pale mane. Frankly, he couldn't care less what the meeting is about so he simply tunes it out. Naerys, on the other hand, lightly dips her head to Iona and Raeden in a friendly sort of greeting. She is otherwise silent as she shifts to stand before Iona. So far the gathering of spies is rather small, the turnout is nothing short of unimpressive. Not that Iona allows the small numbers to hold her back. At least, not yet.

Once Iona begins to speak, the auburn and white pegasus listens intently; gathering as much intel from her aunt as she can. There's talk of fighting in the ranks, of patrols and gathering information, of making contacts and building bridges. All of it was pretty standard stuff - except for Kaos. Naerys had been present for the initial introduction of some strange creature but she hadn't paid much attention to it after that. Instead, she'd drifted - just another shadow on the wall. By the time Iona finished, Naerys knew she had a lot to do. Questions could come later, they'd have to. For now the girl makes mental notes of any questions she might have and simply locks them away for the moment. Naerys is quiet as Raeden speaks, but her heart oddly sinks at the mention of the Falls. The Falls herd is no more? "What happened to the residents?" it takes her a moment to realize she'd asked that out loud and frankly, she couldn't even begin to fathom why she cares (she still hates him, right?) Whether he is gone forever now or not does little to change the fact that he left her and didn't look back. He's more of a sperm donor than a father anyway. So good riddance, right?

'Wrong.' comes Petyr's smooth, oddly pleasing voice. But the vivid bird does not expand on it, he simply returns to playing with and braiding her mane. Naerys refocuses her attention on Iona. "I'm interested in joining in on the patrols, as well. I'm here now and ready to learn." The girl speaks with a subtle confidence before falling silent once again. She's been hiding for far too long now. Time to put on her big girl panties and grow up. Perhaps she can still make a name for herself. Perhaps she can make Iona and Alysanne proud.

the worlds edge
sleuth

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

blood is on your tongue as well as your hands
archaic and content you just wash it off

Iona's shriek was brief, but enough to cause his teeth to grit and eye lids to clench shut. Perhaps even a tear would be shed if he were the emotional kind, but really he could only stand in silent protest for a few pestilent moments before he slowly but surely tread away in the direction of the specters call.
Boomslang remained firmly coiled around one of his horns, his tongue licking in the atmosphere and beady eyes cruising over the scenery of his new home. The snake was a curious and silent creature, so much so that Toulouse forgot about him from time to time. All it took was a soft hiss to remind him or the strange sensation that he felt when the ratsnake slithered along his back.

Toulouse had, of course, heard of the many talents that came with bonded companions; mind speech for one, as well as a variety of other magical properties. As he strolled through the woods it caused him to wonder if any resided in his new leaf-coloured friend.
All would be discovered in time.

The specter approached the area where is colleagues stood at attention - all except him. He waded silently along the treeline and found a quaint vantage point to view the meeting, watching Iona blabber something about not tolerating any more rank challenges. This caused an uncontainable scoff to fall from his lips as he stepped forth through the treeline, meeting Iona at her side. His pearlescent eyes scanned briefly over Raeden and then over the unfamiliar girl who stood close by; he did not know this one yet.
"Well said" He uttered to Iona, perhaps applauding her for how she seemed to have managed to sneak in an indirect smack at him with every sentence she breathed.

Boomslang turned his small head, beginning to uncoil and stretch over to Iona's own green eyes to gaze violently at the woman who sparked such irritation through his bond.
Toulouse, however, looked to Naerys. Still unsure of who she was, he was quite confident a little winged urchin like her would get their intelligence jobs done well.
He had little to say thus far; why should he share the valuble information to Iona who thus far had only been destructive? Besides, it owuld be fun to lead her on before he proved her wrong about him; on every single count.

ooc; i believe smithers has put everyone on patrol with the warriors. unless there's 2 patrols with one being sneaks alone?

art: © x coding: © x
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD