the Rift

[PRIVATE] Only a mother could love...

Kianzo Posts: 95
World's Edge Sleuth
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 2
Keusi :: Striped Hyena :: Terrorize smitty
kianzo
The dark prince stood, uncertainly, at his family’s home in the Edge. He had kept somewhat of a distance from here since the Kaos fight… Right after his return, he had been nearly confined to these three caves by his mother and sister, rarely let out of their sight once ‘found’ by Thranduil. His sire, though not entirely present due to his Kingly duties, also spent as much time with them as possible when the Elephant was there. But now…

“Mo—” his deep voice broke off; it had been so long since he’d called for his dam like this. Months—since before he had been stolen from the Basin by Bellisma… vaguely he wondered how the beautiful, small, but quick golden mare was. Some strange part of him missed her, her company, her smiles, he attention…

“Mom?” his sudden, acute wave of loneliness pushed the full word out of his mouth, dark-masked face sweeping around between the three cave openings. His ears flicked back in uncertain shame, his innate pride not wanting him to call for his mother, but his yearling and hurting heart needing her. So, with dark anxiety, he waited in the alcove above the cliffs, shaded from the Tallsun heat by the ancient tree’s canopy that spread above him.

@Rexanna I really wanted a mom/son thread <3 take your time replying!

Please tag Kianzo in all replies.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
what if this storm ends?
The gilded mare had remained in the cave, tending to little Safiri the best she could with what she had. She was far too exhausted, growing skinnier than usual – almost in a similar fashion as when she first arrived in Helovia. Except this time her chains had been returned to her, and gifts bestowed as well from her time in this new land. And yet, despite all that, there was still a hollowness in her chest. She hadn’t slept well since the argument with Tembovu, and part of her regretted the things she said, but she couldn’t admit to them. Rexanna was stubborn, and had far too much pride for something like that.

Mom?” The voice cut through the silence that had bubbled around her gilded frame. Her heart began to beat, hearing the similarities in the voice to Rein. But he wasn’t here – he hadn’t followed her home even though he said he would – and the feeling cut deep within her at the memory. But she couldn’t dwell on that, because the voice she did hear was Kianzo’s. His beautiful voice that she felt like she hadn’t heard in eons. She definitely wasn’t there to experience the changes in his voice from his childhood – the light brilliant sound now changed for a deeper, rich one. And oh, how she wished she had gone and looked for him more than stay here on the off chance that he’d return. Despite finding the perfect location for a home, she was tired of staring at the walls. She felt like a caged bird, trapped within the mouth of the cave.

But when Kianzo called her, she emerged. Her form small, although it wasn’t frail, it was just skinnier from not having eaten enough. Yet, she still followed the voice where she thought she had heard it, hoofstep after hoofstep until she spotted her beautiful golden son among the alcove of the cliffs. She tried to place a smile on her face, but it ended with tired corners, as the creases around her icy eyes darkened in worry. Was he alright?

She moved closer to him, reaching her muzzle out to greet him on his spotted golden shoulders – the marking a combination of her own and his father’s stripes. “Zo.” She cooed to him, aiming to bury her exotic striped face into his dual toned mane. “What is it, my dear?” She questioned quietly to him, pulling back with worry glinting in her eyes.

"Talk."
and I don’t see you—
as you are now, ever again?
Rexanna
image | coding

@Kianzo <3 YESS
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

World's Edge Sleuth
kianzo
Blue eyes brightened slightly the moment Rexanna’s golden form appeared in the shadowed murk of the large cave. The anxious lines of shame and worry smoothing slightly from his face—only to redouble the moment his dam came into full view in the mists’ muted sunlight. Ribs moved beneath her thin, ivory and cream skin. Her features were prominent—and not with the sculpted edge of beauty. No. This was different… gaunter, wearier.

Black-rimmed ears, which had been straining forward and searching, tilted backwards as he saw the tired slant of her normally kind and buoyant smile. Something tightened in his dark chest—like a knot. But not quite. More like a slab of bricks that slowly lowered over his heart and squeezed it with a constant pressure that grew and grew (and would continue to grow). It was worry, the unique worry a child has for their parent. Or son for his mother.

Any thought of his own qualms or sorrows (Kiada) calmed from a raging fire to simmering ashes in his skull. His own muzzle instinctively mirrored her own as she reached out—but his lingered, nostrils flaring as he took in his dam’s scent. A scent of safety; a childhood weakness he allowed himself for this short moment as he gently pressed the side of his muzzle against hers.

Mayi,” was his deep, murmured greeting; meaning so much more in the earthen, primal language of his father than in the common tongue. “I’ve—” he paused, thinking of just what he wanted to say. His lined, anxious, sharp eyes studied her own gaunt and worried face for a moment, before pushing out hushed and hurried words, “I’ve missed you.”

And then he fell silent, unsure of how to say more.

Mayi - mother

@Rexanna

what if this storm ends?
Mayi” A soft smile began to grow on Rexanna’s sharp face, shadowed in exhaustion and prolonged frustration over things that didn’t even seem to matter at this point. She waited patiently as he studied her face, shying away slightly at the idea of her son worrying over her. He looked so much like Rein in this instance. It began to hurt, pulsating along her chest as it worked to tighten her heart. Her eyes continued to crease with worry as she remained alongside him, allowing him to breathe her scent as she aimed to wrap her pale neck around his golden frame and pulling him into her.

I’ve… I’ve missed you.” Rexanna aimed to press the side of her face into his neck gently as she hummed quietly. “I’ve missed you too, my love. So much.” She cooed to him, pulling away slightly to offer him a reassuring smile. “I’m sorry I haven’t been around lately… Things have been difficult for me.” She paused, looking away from him to the mouth of the cave briefly, her eyes seeming to look beyond the cave’s boundaries into perhaps another space or another land entirely.

When she looked back at her son, she tried to offer him a reassuring smile as she laughed quietly. “But don’t worry about me. What… Happened when you were gone?” She questioned quietly, lowering her head as curiosity began to gleam in her tired blue eyes. “Was Thranduil kind to you?” She added in, hoping that deep down the Laurelin had been the kind of man she thought he was. The same man that harnessed a broken soul with no one to relate to, to talk to, with secrets that even she shouldn’t have known but found out about regardless.

Perhaps things would be easier for her if Thranduil was around. Maybe she wouldn’t be as alone as she felt now, with Tembovu’s face growing to be a ghost of the man she thought he had been.

"Talk."
and I don’t see you—
Rexanna
image | coding

@Kianzo <3

World's Edge Sleuth
kianzo
He resisted her embrace only for a moment—it was the last remnant of his foolish pride—before he folded into her thin neck. His own neck sought to squeeze along her prominent, gaunt withers. There was a gentle fierceness in his motions, but he assuredly was handling his delicate mother with care.

Black-rimmed ears swiveled forward at her quiet hum that vibrated against the gilded skin of his neck. The smallest of smiles curved up the corners of his black lips as he pressed his muzzle gently into his dam’s shoulder.

Though the rare, small smile faded as Rexanna spoke again, speaking of how things were difficult for her and that she missed him, too. Intense, blue eyes stare and study her as she offered and assuring smile—though he found it not assuring, as any need to give an assurance meant there was something not quite right.

So, instead, he simply watched as she quietly laughed and asked after himself, “What happened when you were gone? Was Thranduil kind to you?” He scoffed slightly at the idea of the Laurelin being ’kind,’ his unkind laugh not aimed at his dam but at the idea of the Laurelin’s kindness. While the dark prince did not know the type of relationship the golden man shared with his dam, he knew that the gilded-tongue man was more rigid mentor than friend.

“He taught me much,” was his slow answer, gaze dipping away from Rexanna to stare into the cave’s shadows, “He’s a gifted man,” there was an equal part of jealousy and respect moving in the undercurrents of his voice, “I owe him.” It was, perhaps, the first time the colt had shown respect for anyone other than himself and Kiada.

And then he paused for a long, few, moments—a heavy pause as he considered just what to tell his dam of his time away from his family. Then, with a deep breath and a gaze that did not leave the cave’s shadows his low voice rolled, “A mare…stole me from the Basin—Bellisma,” shame colored the strong features of his face at the idea he could be taken against his will, as if he were powerless, “She’s small and gold and… and beautiful. She said she had watched me, seen my power, but wanted to teach me to… ‘use it properly.’” He paused, confusion entering into his eyes; he had been so young, so lonely, so angry, without a father and mother whose heart was elsewhere…

“She cared for me and I… I care for her,” he paused again, ink-dipped legs shifting uncomfortably as his pubertal body remember how he cared for the lovely, desert-born mare, “But she left me and I… I wasn’t sure where home was until Thranduil found me.” His gaze sharpened then, anger replacing the uncertainty as he looked to his dam, “I saw Kiada with another colt while I was gone—she was fawning over him, as if I was all but forgotten.” These words came out in a rush, angry and hurt, revealing the truth of his distance and abandonment.

And then he fell silent, his eyes falling to the leaf-covered cave floor.

@Rexanna this is ancient BUT IDC <3

what if this storm ends?
It had been so long. The embrace from her son was comforting, the fact that she actually had him here with her instead of a far off place – hidden away to possibly never be found again. She had him back, thanks to Thranduil especially. And she knew she’d have to thank the gilded man the next time she saw him – whenever that was. As she watched her son speak of Thranduil, her heart soared in happiness. “He’s a gifted man, I owe him.” Her pale ears flickered as she listened to him.

Yes, he is. He rescued me when I first arrived here.” She admitted as her smile grew once again. “I was running from something, and he offered me a place to stay in the Basin. I owed him as well.” She noted, sapphire gaze shifting to look upon the beautiful face of her son – a perfect combination between her own markings and her father’s exotic dorobian stripes.

And then Kianzo paused, and her smile faltered as she waited for him to continue. But he remained silent, for so long, watching as he mulled over his thoughts before figuring out the right words to say. “A mare stole me from the Basin.” Her ears flickered, wishing to flatten against her skull, but she refrained. She needed to hear this, no matter how angry it made her to know he had been stolen under her nose. “Bellisma.” She filed the name away for memory, to speak with somebody about it.

But then, concern found its way into her mind as he mentioned she was gold, small, and beautiful. He seemed so confused as he spoke, and she – too – was confused when it came to the power the child harnessed, and exactly how to use it properly. What a strange thing to say, but then again, she was stealing children so how sane could someone be? And he continued, speaking of how they cared for one another. Rexanna inhaled deeply and quietly, wondering just what the mare had him do.

Suddenly, he spoke of Kiada, then, of her spending time with other colts. Aiming her muzzle down, she wished to press it gently along his forehead. “Oh Kianzo.” She murmured, pulling away to look at him and offer him a reassuring smile. “You’re her brother. She loves you more than the world itself. She just… Needs a lot of attention.” She paused, looking out over the mouth of the cave for a few brief moments. “She was so angry when you were gone. She blamed herself for a lot of it. And when she couldn’t find you, she tried to find you in everyone she met.” She answered, finally looking back to her son to see if what she said had any impact.

"Talk."
and I don’t see you—
Rexanna
image | coding

@Kianzo <3 WEW