Esinakh Posts: 48
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: 2 HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sachi :: Plain Rougarou :: Water & Flame smitty
esinakh
and sachi
in a world of chaos
you are my calm
Pale gaze looked down from the heavens the odd filly soared in, restlessly probing the sands—until she found it. The oasis. Her favorite part of all Dragon’s Throat. Swiftly (her flying skills were remarkable, now; considering how late she had learned to fly from Arakh) she dipped from the skies, each wingbeat measured with her heartbeats and breaths.

What was that?

Dark hooves hooves gingerly landed in the sparse grasses around the oasis, taking care to not cause any sand to fly up and stick to her slick grey skin. But her attention was wholly focused on the dark grey sphere that had caught her attention from the sky.

A dark grey egg (absolutely even in coloring, she noted, was perched on a clump of thick grasses. Slowly she approached, admiring the perfectly round and cream circle on its top. A soft smile curved up her small lips—but it faded as the egg suddenly cracked and neatly halved itself.

A naked, pale grey body with wings writhing was nestled there; it squawked against the coldness as air hit her wet body. Despite the heat of the desert, the newly hatched chick was chilled—so with an unconscious snap, her tiny body flashed into a different form—this one covered in thick fuzz. And, despite her amnion wetting it, it was much warmer than her naked, chicklet form.

Bleary, unfocused white eyes then peered out from her dark grey egg, meeting two wide, pale, large eyes staring down at it. The creature blinked repeatedly, trying to make sense of all the sensations and shapes that overwhelmed it.

Sachi, the yearling breathed, her father’s language for ’half’; because that was what Esi felt when her own pale eyes met the newborn’s whites. Like this little creature held half of heart, soul, and everything in between.

A tiny squeak came from the creature, small hands reaching out towards Esi’s muzzle; then, quickly, its tiny fingers grabbed onto her small, white snip. The filly snorted, but let the cold, wet hand hold onto her—because it felt right.

Sachi is hatching! :D She's in a baby lemur form!

Please tag Esinakh.

Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu
"WHOA!"

Iskra's voice shouted out, arguably his catch phrase, in complete and utter awe which left his mouth gaping wide and stilled his legs to an abrupt halt. Squishy, the golem following him, was not so quick and bumped into Iskra. Even that however didn't break Iskra's focus, his eyes wholly on the hatchling emerging from the egg.

He blinked, what felt like an eternity later, and it seemed to renew him. As if coming out of stasis he gasped, and returned to his movement, but now hurried towards the filly and her newborn. "Oh wow," Iskra nearly breathed as he drew up towards her, sparing her a glance here and there, but mostly watching the creature, transfixed. "Is that a companion???" he wondered aloud, excitement coloring his voice and sending it to a higher pitch. "What is it!? What's it's name!? How'd you find it!? Are you bonded!?"

His words tumbled madly over one another, unable to decide which question mattered most to him, so he blurted them all out at once. He was mindful of the little egg he kept tucked in the crook of his wing, and wondered if he'd be experiencing this soon.
Iskra
Not looking for somebody
With some superhuman gifts
Just something I can turn to
Somebody I can miss

image | coding

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

esinakh and sachi
“WHOA!”

The strange calf’s head shot up, disrupted her newly bonded (and newly hatched) companion’s grasp on her muzzle. The creature reacted with a sharp, loud, unhappy squeak and immediately began to scramble out of her dark egg pieces. Her movements were awkward and clumsy, but she managed to climb/topple out of the egg-half; too-big, white eyes fixing on the brown-blue-yellow blob that had interrupted her and Esi’s bonding.

Esinakh, meanwhile, stared at the colt. Surprise and the overwhelming sensation of bonding stealing her voice fro a moment—though it did not steal the wordless and adolescent squeaking of her companion (who was making all kinds of noises with gusto).

The calf’s pale eyes blinked a few times as her agape mouth slowly closed and she mulled over the questions (and their answers) the other had asked. “Yes, companion. My companion,” a soft grin crossed her small, grey lips as she glanced proudly at the vocal primate infant, “Not know what is. Just know she mine. My Sachi.” And, with that, the filly beamed at the other colt, small face alight and surpassing pretty when the weight of her worries and fears were no longer clouding it.

“Who you? I Esi. You have bond?” Her head tilted as she mirrored his rapid-fire questioning. The irregularity of his stripes had not (yet) sunk in; she was still to encompassed by the newness of her bond to another soul. A less fractured one.

@Iskra

Please tag Esinakh.

Clementine Posts: 9
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: Newborn (Birdsong)
Prudence :: Blue Jay :: None Kiki
"The sun is up, the sky is blue,
It's beautiful and so are you"

Clementine usually spent her days closer to the coast, but today she found herself drifting towards the oasis.  The filly had been in pursuit of a pair of butterflies who seemed to float leisurely on invisible currents of air. Of course she had no way of knowing that the butterflies may have been attracted to her but it turned into a wonderful game all the same.  Laughter spilled freely from the girl’s lips as she skipped across the sands with no clear destination.

The girl slid to a halt, however, when one of the butterflies landed on the tip of her nose.  She stood stock still, doing her best not to breathe and disturb it even though the tiny feet tickled the soft skin. But just as quickly as it was there, it was gone.  Clem let out a small huff in disappointment, but a sound caught her attention.  Slightly curved ears flicked towards the sound and she saw two shapes crowded around something.  Encouraged by the fact that one of those shapes was familiar, the filly bounded towards the others and slowing to a walk only when she was near enough to overhear the conversation.  She squeezed alongside Iskra before offering a smile to the older girl. “What is it?” the filly asked, in her sing-song voice, peering down at the creature that had emerged from the shell.  It certainly wasn’t like anything she’d seen before but she hadn’t seen much, now had she?

But the girl clarifies she isn’t sure what it is, but it does have a name - just like her mother’s dragon has a name. Clementine only knew the very basics of what companions and bonding meant, but she knew that her mother’s dragon was just as much a part of the family as she was.   “Whatever it is, Sachi is loud!” the girl says, with a giggle, as the little creature makes sure that everyone in the area is alerted to its presence.   “I’m Clementine, but you can call me Clem.”

C L E M E N T I N E
image credit

CLEM CRASH.
@Iskra

Please tag Clementine in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit

Melita Posts: 35
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16 :: Newborn - Birdsong
Sila :: Plain Zephyr :: Wakiya Heather

LET ME LIVE THAT FANTASY

The girl was a collection of barely-assembled chaos, following her sister in a blinding cyclone of movement and motion. Her exuberance was wild and silly, a constant swirl of spins and curls, coiled together in a tempestuous, mercurial noose, like a top, like a racket, giggling all the while, laughing at the wind between her wings. There was always a strange temptation along her feathers though, as if they were meant to do something other than ripple above the ground, and she’d give them a fond flap or two, watch them twitch and shudder. She lost her sibling at some point, distracted in her aptitude for zest, after they’d drifted away from the breaking coast and the savage, enticing waves, and she’d been irritated, exasperated (scared?), thought the other little flower child was gone forever, down into the raging abyss or torn away from her – but her other senses kicked in, following the trail of butterflies and sweet, florid scents – and she wasn’t at all surprised to find her down towards the oasis, amidst a gathering of other youths.

She raced down the hills and valleys, shouting “Clem!” at the top of her lungs because that’s all she knew, and “Iskra!” at recognizing the boy gilded in brown and blue, only ceasing her vicious pace when she nearly barreled entirely into her twin’s orange frame. “What are you looking at?” She emboldened with outright curiosity and audacity, lowering her head to glance at the tiny thing nestled between all of them, barely noticing the other, older girl until a few moments later – fascinated entirely by the reverberating noises coming from the newborn beast. “Cool!” The child nearly reached out to touch the lemur, but perhaps a sudden need for self-preservation stopped her (or her experience with mother’s dragon; because those claws could entangle, protect, and possess; maybe this one’s could too), and instead, she spent some greater moments of silence merely staring. She had a million and one inquiries floating through her mind, ricocheting, beating, pulsing with an intense cacophony of sound (what was it?), but she was afraid she’d missed a greater part of the conversation, and instead would be made to listen to latter halves rather than wholes. It’d been her error and mistake anyway, to be too indulgent on her own amusements and diversions, so the girl tried to settle, tried to maintain some equilibrium, brandishing a smile at the completely unknown filly. “Hi! I’m Melita!” Then she struggled with something else to say, especially after her abrupt interruption (somewhere she was sure her mother would insist it was rude, but if nobody else minded…), polishing the rest off with a grin and a compliment. “I like your companion! What does it do?” She wanted to tell the others all about their mother’s bonded, how it soared, how it shielded, how it clutched prey between its talons, but it was entirely too much for the moment, and she had a more difficult time simply tucking in her wings and managing repose.

[crash :D]

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
It's the unmistakable sound of Iskra's voice that draws you into the gathering, your dark ears raised curiously within the mess of your mane. Your brother is loud, not unlike his parents (and you, though in your total lack of self-awareness you fail to recognize this fact), and it makes finding him easy - something you, as a rather overprotective older brother, appreciate. What draws your attention now, though, is that his voice is not alone- there are distinctly feminine squeals following it, as well as a wholly unrecognizable sound that you will soon learn belongs to a small companion, newly hatched and thoroughly admired.

You meet the throng of children with a beaming smile, sunbeam eyes lighting up as you begin to take in their interest and chatter. Your brother is flanked by two very small fillies - you'll tease him about that, later - and the trio seem fascinated by something. As it comes into view your smile widens, a bittersweet edge creeping into your eyes as you remember another filly and her new companion, one that, between the two of you, you managed to rather erroneously name Bird. You were younger then - so young! - and a million things have happened between that moment and this- but looking down at your (maybe) sister, and your (definitely) brother, and the two fillies who (probably) aren't related to you but are still your family because they're in the Throat, you cannot help but remember Zahra, and the innocence of that moment.

It is an innocence you desperately hope to preserve in these youths.

"What a fine companion you have there, little Oxpecker!" you greet the odd little filly affectionately, reaching out to ruffle Iskra's forelock with your teeth before turning your attention to the other two, trying to rest your rather head atop the colt's ears. "An' what a good collection of family an' friends, to welcome her into the Throat!" Your grin widens. "I'm Zero, Iskra's big brother- if Sparky here gives any'a you a hard time y'got my permission to put him in his place, 'kay?"

Obligatory harassment of your helpless baby brother complete, you pull yourself back into an upright position, a (slightly) serious expression settling on your face. "Do y'guys all know how companions work? Why we have 'em, an' where they come from?" It's half a question, half an invitation, and entirely a platform for you to leap, uninvited, into story time- should the children prove at all receptive, that is.

Zèklè
What if I'm far from home?
Oh, brother, I will hear you call

image | coding

ALSO CRASHES

Arakh Posts: 77
Dragon's Throat Stallion atk: 5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17'2hh :: 2 HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow
In a flurry of feathers and grullo bulk, he's there.

He can hardly believe he's late for such a momentous moment, and he silently curses himself as he miserably overcooks his landing and lurches painfully forwards. The muscles of his forelegs twist and pull and he unleashes a loud yelp as his stride slows to a plod, praying that none of the gathered foals have seen his epic fail. But the pain is hardly noticed, because his sister has bonded.

Arakh hobbles towards her, doing his best to disguise the throbbing in his forelegs as he folds his wings against his sides. "Esi bonded?" he questions. The colt's voice has deepened even further in recent weeks and its accented tones sound almost like a growl as he edges closer to his sister, looking curiously down at her new companion. Will it be a fiery phoenix like Ave's Vorsa, or a fierce dragon like their Sultan's, or a mighty griffin like the one Arakh himself covets? Closer he peeks, until...oh. It appears to be a ball of fur, and the calf tilts his bull-horned head as he scrutinises it. Hm. Not what he would have chosen, but the creature is Esinakh's and therefore it deserves his loyalty.

Unbidden, a frisson of jealousy passes through him. This tiny, furry bundle now shares Esinakh's mind - it is closer to the filly than even Arakh is, and that thought makes the colt squirm with displeasure. He is her twin - surely only he has the right to be inside her mind? His face clouds like a thunderstorm and he stares vacantly down at the creature with envy glowing in his pale gaze, but he quickly grows aware of the gathered crowd and shakes his head to clear his expression. "Congratulations," he mumbles, but the words sound forced even to his ears.

Up until now, he's always been convinced that he is the most important thing in Esinakh's life. Yet now she has a companion, somebody who gets to feel her innermost thoughts and emotions - how can he compare to that? He's never had to share her before, and now he does...it hurts more than he could have imagined.

Arakh
YOU SHOULD HAVE LEARNED BY NOW
I'LL BURN THIS WHOLE WORLD DOWN
lines | color & coding

[ ARAKH ]

Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu
[SO MUCH IS HAPPENING IN THIS THREAD, I love it :D]

The excited feathers behind Iskra's ears immediately slicked back flat against his neck, and his ears swiveled to the side, while his head lowered alongside his voice. "Sorry," he whispered loudly, recognizing he'd startled the creature and caused an unhappy squeak. Fortunately Esinakh didn't anger, though she was surprisingly quiet, bewildered even. Iskra stared expectantly at her, an apology still on his features.

As she spoke however he brightened up, nodding his head at her answers. The way she talked reminded him of someone, but he was too busy gushing over the fresh companion to be bothered with thinking about it. Amid all of this more and more horses joined them. With each added presence, Iskra seemed to brighten, glowing like megawatt bulb as his smile and greeting beamed out to each of them. They were distracting to him though, and unintentionally he failed to answer her questions directed to him, his head instead whipping every which way as each arrival came.

"Hey Clem!" Iskra cheerfully called out, stepping a bit aside to let her have a good view of the creature as she sidled up. Melita wasn't too far behind her, and Iskra's neck bowed as he looked over his shoulder, grinning as she shouted his name and raced towards them. "Melita!" he whooped happily, though... she wasn't slowing down. Oh man, she wasn't slowing down!

His eyes widened as the feathers along his body lifted somewhat as energy raced through him. "Look out!" he shouted, wings raising as if to catch her like a baseball in a mitt, stepping forward a bit, intending to use his body to shield the fresh hatchling from her vigorous arrival. "Careful Mel," he breathed, "Esi's companion just hatched!"

Although all of this was probably becoming overwhelming for the newborn creature and the quiet filly, Iskra was too absorbed with greeting everyone and reveling in their kinship, especially when his big bro came! "Z!" Iskra hollered when he noticed his brother, and giggled as the older sibling ruffled his hair and affectionately leaned on him - even if he was heavy. A playfully complaintive "heeeeeeey!" wailed out of Iskra when Zero suggested they put him in place. "You're the one that needs that! Squishy sick 'im!" Iskra returned fire happily, though the golem behind Iskra didn't quite seem to understand the issued command and merely shuffled closer towards the pair, getting creepily close to Zero but just, looming.

Struggling beneath the growing weight of Zekle's head, Iskra tried to squirm free, though excitedly demanded, "Tell us Z!" to his brother's inquiries. "Do ya know what her companion is?" Iskra glanced back towards Isi and her lemur, smiling broadly at her, excited for her bond and the strange creature at her side.

Quietly Arakh came upon them, so Iskra didn't notice him at first until he was talking. The calf's arrival jogged Iskra's memory - he was who Esi was like! Even now Arakh talked short just like her, and with the two of them together they had some clear visual similarities. "Hi brother Arakh!" Iskra greeted the somewhat pouting colt. "Is she your sister!?" Iskra's attention swung back to her. "Then you'd be my sister too!" Lastly iskra's gaze turned back to the two baby fillies, ones he felt protective over since they were finally someone younger than him, plus he'd seen 'em born and that seemed like something special - kind of like this hatching. "You two are too, my sand sisters!" No matter what the Throat was family, his mom had taught him that, but his dad was in Arakh and Esi, and that was cool too.
Iskra
Not looking for somebody
With some superhuman gifts
Just something I can turn to
Somebody I can miss

image | coding

@Esinakh

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

esinakh and sachi
Suddenly everyone is there. First it was the brown boy, with curious but pleasant blue eyes and yellow around his wings; simple questions that didn’t overwhelm the calm happiness that filled the strange filly at bonding with Sachi.

But, then, there were two more fillies; both equally exuberant but with different ways of expressing themselves. Esi’s pale, white eyes began to widen; her smile faded from her small muzzle, leaving lines of worry and creases of fear. Her gaze flicked from the looming golem to Clem’s uneven stripes to Iskra’s yellow ones—suddenly seeing the dizzying and perturbingly uneven lines instead of the happy youth that had once stood in his place. (His whispered ‘sorry’ lost amid the chaos.)

“What a fine companion you have there, little Oxpecker!”

Her bull-horned head jerked towards Zero as he arrived—and not even the warm rush of recognition towards her brother (half-brother? cousin? the filly didn’t know in her rising panic) could calm any of the chaos that began to tear through her head.

Small, dark grey hooves took a stutter-step backwards, away from the rush of words and patterns—though suddenly two warm, small, still slightly damp hands grasped onto her front pastern. Sachi’s loud noises had, at some point, ceased; the infant lemur’s attention leaving Melita’s incoming nose (for which she did reach for in curiosity, before her attention was taken to Esi) the moment fear coursed from her bonded.

Awkward, clumsy movements slowly took the the young lemur up Esi’s leg—simultaneously anchoring the filly in place, among the friends and family that had pulled Arakh (and thus her) to the Throat.

White-rimmed eyes look down at Sachi’s doggedly climbing, before slowly looking up at all those gathered—eyes instinctively landing on Arakh’s (displeased) blue eyes. When had he arrived? Dark and white rimmed ears swirl about in confusion, catching Arakh’s growl, which she instinctively flinches away from. Pale eyes blink towards her twin, vaguely hearing his forced ’Congratulations’—but it was his clouded face and distance body that spoke volumes more to the sensitive, strange filly.

A quiet, soft mewl left her throat, the strangling visibly shrinking inside of her grey, striped skin. Even her wings pinned tightly to her sides—but nestled among them now was Sachi, her determined climb up her Esi’s leg being successful.

In response to the mounting alarm, a loud CRACK came from Sachi, and the infant rougarou snapped back into her initial form—a newborn harpy. Grey-white fuzz covered her mottled grey, bumpy skin and a starkly black beak protruded from her angular face. Unsteadily, baby-fuzz wings were held out to her sides as she swayed on chicklet, dark scaled limbs. But her white-hot eyes glared around. Despite no words and her infancy, her possessiveness was clear: she wanted everyone to look at Esi and recognize the panic that was overwhelming both of them.

Then, quietly, the strangling spoke, “I Esi,” to the buoyant fillies—not yet able to answer Melita’s question about what Sachi did, and “No, not know how companions ‘work,’” to Zero.

Carefully, worriedly, her eyes settled on Arakh as she hesitantly answered Iskra, “Yes, Rak my brother,” she looked to the many, bright stripes on Iskra’s skin in uncertainty, then, “Come here to be with family. You family?”

Dizzingly, the filly wondered if all their family was this loud… and this energetic.

@Arakh @Iskra @Zèklè @Melita @Clementine I have no idea whose turn it is :P

Please tag Esinakh.