the Rift

[OPEN] new rules

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Not the five feet of water to your chin

Step One:  Go to where it all began.

The sway of the rolling ocean fills my ears, in an odd way, like a dull roar; each hoof fall is loud, echoing on the glass tunnel’s floor, slightly slick with condensation, but for all the fear threatening to make me turn back, there is just as much wonder driving me on.  Rippling, the light piercing through the sea dances with its rhythm, in shining, myriad webs colored by the glass, that I can’t help but admire, where they gleam on my skin, Duir’s, and everything else solid that they strike.  Outside the tunnel, the light bands are silver, and fish swim; the colorful coral I remember from swimming with Kisamoa is easily seen from within this miracle of Godly might.  Wondering just how thick the glass is as we walk, going as far as the construct will let us, I glance over at Duir, the rainbow ripple of the light patterns interesting in combination with the bright gold lightning strikes across his body.

He’s too distracted with looking, to notice my glance, which soon moves back to the reef, anyway.  Using my mental voice, as I am loathe to disturb the serene, oceanic thrum and silence we find at the end of the walk, looking out over the bed of the sea, I force away the wave of melancholy that threatens to sink in, as I no longer have keeping my footing to concern my depressed mind with.

Remember why we’re here, I tell him, and he nods, though his eyes are still a bit too wistful for him to be looking very hard.  Grumpily grunting and looking out into the world below the waves, I try to locate any sort of clue at all about Kaos, just like the Time God had asked us to, willing to search for as long as my recently filled belly would hold out.  

Even if there isn't a damn thing but the reef, though, the view alone was worth it.

[ OOC:  Open to anyone.  They are searching for clues in the reef that might help everyone defeat Kaos, while safe and dry in Moony's awesome tunnel. ] 

but the inch above the tip of your nose.

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
like a jar, you housed infinite tenderness
and infinite tenderness shattered you
Step Two: Find someone to bounce ideas off of, because two heads are better than one.

She’s nosy today; curious eyes spy a dark unicorn and their smaller companion entering the glass cavern by the sea. What else is a casually flying girl to do, simply leave them to whatever it is they want to do? Nahhhh. From on high, they seem rather small, and she wonders if they have seen her, even as they seem to have a singular purpose and a straight path, the to the colorful glasss observatory. One of her first impressions in Helovia was watching Kisamoa Kaos and another whom she now knows as the Moon Goddess, create glass out of sand - the way she’d once done with dragon’s breath oh so long ago. This creation, however, is far more beautiful than her vicious spikes, designed to hurt, to frighten, to tell the devil to stay away from her daughter. It had only driven the wedge deeper between the two of them, for the girl was never able to understand how violence could be born of love.

Is there not something similar in the vein of Kaos, if his claim is true? She knows virtually nothing of Xelovia’s history beyond its conception, as written on the walls of the Heart Caves. What she can understand is how one might seek revenge for slights either real or imagined. For deaths and lands perceived to be stolen. It is not her place to judge whether one side speaks the truth or not, for reality is in the eye of the beholder - but she can understand a parent’s fierce protection, a desire to find some balance and make things right in light of a massive loss. Sometimes vengeance is all they have left, though she, too, knows that a blood soaked earth does nothing to ease the pain. An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind, you see.

After the little golden pegasus lands, she ruffles her feathers and steps towards the entrance of the tunnel. Peering down into its colorfully descending path, she begins down its slight slope and when a figure appears before her, calls out to the pair she’d seen earlier. “Oh! Xello!” Perhaps if she appears to coincidentally had the same destination as the stranger, they might be more welcoming of company. So let her seem the innocent wanderer instead of the nosy old lady.

lines | coloring | coding

@Rikyn  Shamelessly stalking your characters. My bad.

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Tilting her head in amusement, the sea maiden watches as Nimue calls to her from the frothy waves, bounding over the rolling tide and beckoning for her bondmate to join her in the water, promising a game of chase. Tiamat laughs at the little whale’s antics, flicking her tail out behind her before she picks up a lengthy trot, taking the bait with a smile of mischief. Like the equine nymph that she is, the Lady leaps eagerly into her father’s arms. Salty moisture sprays all around her, quickly dampening her satin skin as she surges against the ocean’s current, reaching out and attempting to nip her companion playfully.

“Come here you—oh!” The peals of her laughter are abruptly cut short, and she stops mid-stride, stumbling a little as the tide hugs her slender body. Suddenly something feels decidedly different—something feel strange. Off. Looking down through the crystalline, elbow-deep waters, Tiamat inspects her foot. “What—? What is—?” She lowers her head to get a better look. In between the cloven toes of her hoof, there seems to be some sort of webbing. Webbing! That’ hadn’t been there before.

Lifting one of her forelegs high out of the water, the blue mare watches (aghast) as the webbing seems to gradually...dissolve into nothing. Disappear. With her jaw dropping in both shock and wonder, Tiamat lowers her foot again to the ocean’s floor—and with no bidding on her part, the webbing gradually returns! “Woah,” she breathes, utterly speechless.

By this time, Nimue had noticed that she was no longer being chased, and so comes over to inspect what has caught her bonded’s attention. Dipping below the ocean’s surface, the orca noses the mare’s hooves, warbling a low whistle of curiosity. Yeah, I know,” Tiamat laughs, giddy with this new discovery. And then, feeling something else is off, she arches her neck to glances behind her. “Woah!” The Lady squeals, because lining the submerged length of her lion tail, are flowing fins! Fins! Swirling her tail through the waves, she giggles, sure that the gods (as they had with her other magic) have given her this great gift.

Wanting to see just how much she has been blessed, the sea maiden wades farther from the shore. There is a part of her, a primal instinct, that warns her to turn back, but ignoring this and sucking in a breath, Tiamat dives her head under the surface anyway. Her eyes are tightly shut for the first few moments, even when something peculiar ripples across her neck. When she finally looks around, she sees Nimue staring straight at her, smiling her awkward whale grin. Through their mental bond, the Leviathan shows her a picture of her neck—not smooth muscle like normal, but now she has gills!

Releasing her breath in an involuntary gasp and a flurry of bubbles, Tiamat twists her head around, shivering at the odd feeling of her body changing. Then, experimentally, she breathes. And it works! “Hahaha! Look! I can still breathe! Ha!” Tiamat cannot stop her giggles, thoroughly delighted by this wonderful (albeit, undoubtedly strange) discovery.

Suddenly, a whole new world has been opened up to her.

Not wanting to waste a moment, the blue maiden pushes herself deeper into her father’s vast depths—farther than she has ever been able to before—with Nimue swimming excitedly at her side. The mare is clumsy at first...walking is not necessarily the same as swimming. Still, with the aid of her webbed hooves and finned tail, she finds that she glides easily through the salty waters. Down, down she goes, until she notices something near the reef—the glass tunnel! Angling herself towards it, she recognizes two distinct individuals within the safety of the underpass. Propelling herself eagerly forward, Tiamat smiles to them, bumping awkwardly into the glass when she’s unable to stop her movement in time.

Shaking it off, she calls to the both of them—Rikyn, her dear friend, and Yael, a pleasant mare she has only recently met—and waves a webbed hoof in greeting, with a ridiculous grin plastered wide across her lips. “Hello there! It’s me, Tiamat!” She wonders if they will be able to hear her, eyes shining brightly beneath the waves. Nimue whistles her own greeting—the sound echoing like a wordless song through the water. With baited breath (teehee) the mare waits for their response.

notes; I'm sorry I couldn't resist! This is Tia discovering her passive magic x)
“Speech.”
the Ocean’s Light
Well my heart is bigger than the earth
And though life is what gave it love first, life is not all that it’s worth
(‘Cause life is fleeting)
Yeah, but I love you.

image credits
@Rikyn @Yael
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Startled by the arrival of the pegasus, Duir’s bleat and tramping hooves force my eyes away from the beguiling allure of the sea outside the tunnel. Covered in ripping, a rainbow web of light, the stranger cheerfully greets us, though my companion and I are admittedly less eager to see her.

Kinder than I am, even despite his initial fright, my buck nudges my shoulder, as if to goad me to speak, before he mentally prods me, as well. Say hello, idiot, he chimes, the warm sunlight of his voice irritating this afternoon, almost as irritating as having found company during my solitary investigation of the reef. An ear flicks back, and my lips form the same ghostly, lack luster thing I’ve been able to muster as a smile since the discovery of my father’s body. That she is a pegasus, and far to capable of being my mother (age wise, anyway) for me to be flirting with her, does little to aid the enthusiasm of my rather brief, flat statement.

"Hello," I tell her, looking back out into the world outside the glass in sequence with a very startling occurrence; exclaiming in fright, the shout reverberates through the small, glass enclosed space, "what the fuck!!"

Back peddling in surprise, a snort blasts from my nostrils as both ears pin, and my muzzle instinctually tucks down towards my chest, my blade foolishly brandished before me. Wide eyed, and feeling quite stupid when I realize who it is out there, I try to relax as quickly as possible, but find it difficult, considering the bewildering nature of what I’m seeing. Glancing sheepishly at the strange pegasus, I clear my throat, and try to get a grip on reality.

It’s Tiamat, if Tiamat were a water horse of fable. I had thought they were foolish tales told by northern sea men, made up stories about unicorns who swam in the sea, and breathed like fish, but the woman before me definitely looks like a water horse, to me.

"Tiamat?" I ask with bewilderment, Duir’s mind thrumming with delight and happiness when he spies Nimue, bumping his nose against the glass, as if he could touch her; not sure if she can hear me (her words had been rather muffled), I sort of shout at the tunnel wall, not really caring what the other mare thinks, "what happened to you?!"

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

She had no intention of startling anyone! As the cerndyr runs deeper into the tunnel, Yael cringes and offers a sincere apology. “I am so sorry, I deed not mean to startle your companion.” Wings pull in tighter against her sides as she takes a few steps into the kaleidoscoped tunnel, watching the colors bounce off each other. Only a few days old to Xelovia, she’d seen the tunnel made from afar, but had never returned to truly see it. And on, she wishes she had!

So taken is Yael by the myriad of colors, of a sea she’d seen briefly, years before Rikyn’s parents were thought of, that she misses his lackluster smile. At his greeting, however, her head lifts back up and she offers him a genuine one of her own (to make up for his, one can assume). “I’m Yael. Xoo are - ” but she can’t get much more out because the stallion because all of a sudden, he’s shouting at - her? Her face blanches. No, his eyeline is over her shoulder - Yael whips her head around and comes face to face with a slightly familiar blue, horned mare.

Tiamat? Brown eyes widen, and she laughs a deep, joyful laugh. “Xow marvelous!” she exclaims, half to herself, half to Rikyn, and half to the swimming creature beyond the glass. She seems to have a very different reaction than her fellow tunnel-lurker, and it is almost comical how the two of them contrast. Trying to see all the changes at once, Yael, hungry for information and knowledge, blurts out a loud question almost at the same time as Rikyn. “Xow are you doing t’at?!”

@Tiamat  @Rikyn  Wellllll this is shit :/

Both Rikyn’s and Yael’s exclamations reverberate (almost simultaneously) through the thick glass of the tunnel. Their words are muffled, but still understandable despite the crystalline barrier—her smile widens in the winged mare’s direction, just as amazed by this phenomenon herself, and the wonderment of the two women seems to complement each other. However, shifting her attention towards the stallion, Tiamat’s smile wilts a little as her lips twist into a pucker (though, given all of the astonishment in this situation, her grin never manages to fully disappear). “Rikyn—” she chides him disapprovingly, still fighting the smile that seeks to bloom again across her lips, “—that’s not a very polite greeting; or very civil, I might add.” She eyes him with a twinkle in her gaze, ultimately allowing her cheer to again encompass her expression.

Smiling wide enough so that her pearly teeth flash beneath the watery rays, the sea maiden floats closer to the glass, until she is able to press her webbed fore-hooves against the smooth, curved surface. This is partially to demonstrate the length of her transformation (because it’s pretty amazing), and partially to help steady herself against the gentle ebb and flow of the ocean’s steady current. Nimue, as equally enthused as her bonded, swims in little circles, chirping happily through the waters before she reaches out to Duir. Bumping her nose against the glass, she whistles loudly to the royal stag, making sure that he doesn’t miss this phenomenon.

When the golden mare and dark stallion both cry out their questions—again, almost in unison—the Ocean’s Light giggles, producing a little flurry of bubbles from her sapphire lips. “Magic!” She answers both of them, pushing herself from the glass. Whipping her leonine tail around herself and paddling her legs, she twirls in a circle. “I just discovered it now, isn’t it incredible?! I can’t believe it!” Thoroughly enjoying herself, Tiamat spins again, although this time it is less graceful as the undercurrent pulls at her suddenly. Steadying herself by flapping her legs awkwardly, she returns to her friends at the tunnel. “It’ll take some getting used to,” she says with a sheepish laugh, reaching up with a knee of her foreleg to rub against the strange gills that line her usually sleek neck.

“What’re you guys doing down here?” The blue Lady questions with a tilt of her head, the motion pulling her hair around her. However, before Rikyn or Yael have the chance to answer, she suddenly pipes up again, her eyes illuminating in another rush of excitement. “Hold on! Stay right there! I’ll come around to you!” She holds up a hoof as if to emphasize her request, casting them a crooked grin before she turns herself towards the shore. Nimue bumps the glass again before following her bondmate, leaving a whistle echoing through the water behind her.

Trying to adjust to the particular movement of swimming, Tiamat struggles between simply running through the water, and paddling. It is a strange thing, to pant as though breathing, but to have no air pass through her lungs—instead feeling something decidedly more moist. She exhales a puff of bubbles once she feels her hooves find purchase along the ocean floor, hopping once out of rapture before she climbs to the surface. For a brief moment when she finds air again, she has the disturbing sensation of drowning, but it quickly fades by the time she’s on the beach, breathing in large gasps of air. Glancing down, she inspects her now-normal hooves, trudging once more into the waters to see the webbing appear—still hardly able to believe it—before she twirls towards the tunnel’s entrance with a kick of her heels.

Embarrassingly, she stumbles once, having to readjust to solid ground again. Shaking her head with a snort, she opts for a wide-sweeping trot, the length of her tail curling and moving happily behind her. Close by, Nimue floats from one side of her bonded to the other, the two feeding off one another’s excitement. Before long, her two friends come back into view, and Tiamat can’t help but whinny to them in greeting. “Hello again!” She says with a brilliant smile, slowing to a bouncing walk, and settling to make a triangle between them.

“Speech.”
the Ocean’s Light
Yeah, but I love you.

image credits
@Rikyn

Despite my lack of interest in her, the mare seems genial enough for the both of us; warming towards her for her display of gentle patience, Duir admires the color of her gold feathers in the colorful display of the tunnel’s light, while I look back over at her with what could best be called patient irritation. I’d certainly hoped she’d go away, or at least lose interest, as it was quite apparent I was not in the best of moods. However, some folk are persistent, I have discovered, and, having been raised by diplomats, the obligation to partake in conversation, even if I’d rather just kill them, takes me.

It doesn’t mean, of course, that it does much to change my mood, the lack luster smiles that accompany it, or give any sort of eloquence to my words. Preparing a very simple, one word answer (can you guess what it is?) when Tiamat appears, I’m, of course, immediately distracted.

Her chiding actually manages to make my ears fall back, my eyes guiltily widening.

" I didn’t mean – I – you startled me!" I rebuke, quite flustered that I’ve upset her, until she smiles, revealing her perturbation as a ruse. Frowning in response to that, I fall silent, only managing to remain glum, and disinterested, for as long as it takes Tiamat to start explaining how she has become a mermaid.

I can imagine, I think, when she says it’ll take some getting used to, glancing over at Duir and Nimue with a bit of a genuine smile, when my buck’s happiness to have his friend reciprocate his gesture floods our bond. Looking back up to nod at Tiamat when she says she’ll be back, I awkwardly look over at the pegasus.

"So, Yael, yeah?" I begin, trying to fill in the awkward wait for Tiamat as best as I can, "I’m Rikyn, as I’m sure you heard Tiamat say. How do you know her?"

Maybe I should include “if it’s not too much to ask,” but I don’t give a shit.

Breathing a sigh of relief as Tiamat chimes hello, I do my best to smile for her, too, but find it difficult to get a real one out, considering my melancholy. Regardless, I am happy to see the sea-mare, like I always am. Remembering she’d asked a question I hadn’t answered, I greet her with my muzzle, hoping to exchange breath (and not make Yael feel awkward with any sort of hug or otherwise embracing gesture), I wait for the pegasus to say hello, too, before I start speaking.

" I personally am down here investigating the reef," I state, my next words meant to be more humorous than they wind up sounding, " perhaps a task better suited to you, it seems."

Wishlist - Plots

Congenial. Yes, Yael is nothing if not congenial! Rikyn could probably glare at her outright, and Yael would offer him a warm smile. Kill ‘em with kindness, and all that jazz. He can continue to be Mr. Grumpy Gills alllllll day, if he so desires.

But back to Tiamat. Yael laughs are her simple explanation. “Oh, of course!” she says through the glass, as if the answer should have been obvious all along. The little foreigner is slowly starting to understand the ways of magic here, and how the Gods hold much more of it closer to their chests, bequeathing it out to their worshippers in bits and pieces. How - or why - is rather unclear still, but like the random mutations that happened in B’kanna, it seems that the citizens can unexpectedly change. Her head bobs up and down to indicate that she will wait while the blue merhorse returns to shore, and it isn’t too long before Rikyn pipes up.

Had he remained silent, Yael would have been content to simply look through the bottom at the coral and fish, and crustaceans that lived down there, but as it is, she brings her head back up when he asks her a question. Warm, inviting eyes take in his gold accents, the few scars that she can see, and decides that this is a rather peculiar group. “Ah, yes. Yael. Eet ees a pleasure to meet you, Rikyn. Teeamat and I met een ze T’resxold not too long ago. Ve vere bote recruiting. Ahnd you? Xow do you know our kind freend?”

Hopefully he has time to answer before Tiamat returns.

When the bouncing, buoyant, and effervescent Lady returns to them, Yael greets her with a simple “Shalom,” allowing her and Rikyn a more intimate greeting. “Oh I vas just out to stretch my veengs, and t’ought I’d take a look at t’is tunnel. I deedn’t see it very closely vhen eet vas made.” She looks over at Rikyn, “But I could help you, eef you’re trying to find somet’ing een parteecular? Ahr you eenvestigateeng… Keesa - I mean, Kaos?”

If so, that is terribly clever of him. Though Yael would be inclined to think that any ‘evidence’ or out of place items would have been swept away by numerous tides - one never knows what a keen eye might find - or three keen eyes.  

@Rikyn  
@Tiamat  
Sorry that took awhile!

She had heard the murmuring of voices as she had danced through the tunnel to rejoin them, assuming that the two had carried on some conversation in her absence, but by the time she arrives, Tiamat is too distracted by her enthusiasm to bother questioning them on their topics. Instead she smiles her characteristic grin, bright and inviting. Eagerly she accepts Rikyn’s outstretched muzzle, brushing her velvet nose against his and sharing a breath of familiarity, truly thrilled to share such a friendship with the darkly-colored stallion. Turning her attention then to the gilded mare, the Lady’s ears perk to cup Yael’s humble greeting. “Shalom,” Tiamat repeats, her smile growing as she tastes the foreign word, and wonders what it means.

However, before she is able to ponder any longer on the beauty of foreign languages, the ocean maiden focuses on Rikyn when he speaks, explaining his reason for visiting the Endless Blue. It takes her a short moment to register his words—because in her blissful excitement, she had forgotten (for a fleeting moment) why he would be investigating anything on the beach—but with a sharp jerk in her chest, she understands. “Oh! What a clever idea!” Tiamat croons with sincerity, because Rikyn is quite clever like that, despite the grief that dulls the light in the corner of her eyes.

“Kaos,” the Ocean’s Light repeats when the winged woman speaks the monster’s name, her voice choked to little more than a murmur. It leaves a poisonous taste her mouth, one that is foul and makes her stomach churn uncomfortably, while also inviting an icy chill to run along the length of her spine. An involuntary shiver shudders over her muscles. Sensing her bonded’s sudden distress through their connection, Nimue turns from where she had been crooning and chirping to Duir, and presses her round nose affectionately against the blue mare’s shoulder.

Acknowledging the Leviathan’s gesture with a brush of gratitude, Tiamat forces her spirits to rise again, sucking in a breath of air while she smiles and fights the sting of tears. “This is the first time I’ve properly been through this tunnel myself, I think. It was very generous of the Moon Goddess to create it,” with a nonchalant sniff, she allows her gaze to roam for a moment, admiring the glass structure and the reef that surrounds them. “Have you found anything yet?” Large eyes lower to the golden-marked stallion, her head tilting to the side in curiosity, wondering how long he’s been searching down here. “I wouldn’t even know where to start…” she says with a breath of laughter, looking out again into the world of the ocean, so beautiful and so vast.

notes; I'm sorry it took me so long! ;-;
“Speech.”
the Ocean’s Light
Yeah, but I love you.

image credits
@Rikyn

Lifting my ears, struggling against the faint, oceanic echo and roar of the tunnel, and the fact of Yael’s accent, it takes me a little bit longer to piece together what she says, to formulate a response. Smiling in the interim, feeling like a moron, but not about to admit it, I blink slowly before it all comes together.

"I guess the Basin, really," I answer, after thinking about it, wondering just when I’d met Tiamat, after all, and recalling a patrol, in the Veins; Zandora had also been there. How long had it been since I’d thought of her? I wonder, also remembering, distinctly, how the blue mare had looked dancing towards me, the sun highlighting her oceanic figure, where it’s rays broke through the tall, strange trees that stood in memoriam to those who had died in the Moon’s murderous movement across Helovia. "I met her at the Shrines, though, on a patrol, but she had them to her back. I think… well, it looked like she was praying to the sea, instead."

She’d actually been talking to who she believed to be her parents – the sea, and the sky – but how could I know that? I simply recall coming upon her, and that she had looked away from her far-gazing, and had gracefully walked into my life.

As if summoned by the thought, Tiamat returns, the sound of her again-hooves singing out on the glass as she approaches. Duir happily prances forward to meet with Nimue, laughter alive in his eyes, the buck delighted for his friend that she could share her world with the one she shared her soul with. If only he could make his foolish unicorn view the forest, as he did, he’d tell her, if he could, but instead happily noses the air in hope to nudge and nuzzle his leviathan friend.

Shalom, says Yael, and I key in on the foreign word, and try to remember it, adding it to my repertoire, while Tiamat repeats it, earning a smile from me as we part from our greeting. Sure, it’s only a single term, but, if the golden mare’s accent is any clue, she knows more than just one. With Mordecai having meandered off to wherever she’s gone, maybe I could learn whatever language this lady knows, while waiting for my Dothraki tutor to reappear from the shadows. Even if she never returned (the thought oddly colored with… sadness?), the magpie had plainly told me there were many who spoke the tongue about Helovia to be found.

I nod in reply to Yael’s question, looking out into the sea, at least until Tiamat’s sorrowful repetition of the God’s name earns my eyes back. Sympathy, rarely won from the likes of me, is a sudden feeling ushered in by the sight of her tears.

I had merely been slightly shaken by the rebirth of the Rift Gods, and angered. She, however, seemed to have been wounded within, rather than without, and seeing such sorrow on the face of someone like her, always smiling, always warm, makes something within my hard heart rebel.

"Helovia has already united and killed him once, Tiamat," I reassure her, lowering my head, and angling my nose towards her slightly, "and we are all stronger now than we were the first time. We know more, too."

Well, a little more than we did, and there were whispers of Gaucho having died, after all, as well as the truth that Deimos and my father very well had. Still, Erebos and I had trained, and Volterra, the last I had seen him, looked like he could have blown straight through any of those heinous beasts who called themselves Divine, if he just had a little time to build up momentum.

Youth helps a lot more than these truths in deciding that everything will be fine.

"There’s probably not much left now," I say, sighing, "but it is where he claims to have come from. It is also where he led us, the first time."

I pause, my brows furrowing, my eyes looking back out into the sway and depth of the Endless Blue.

"But why?" I ask the glass, my reflection, the fish, because I don’t expect the mares to know, not really (it would be nice if they did, though), "we did nothing but swim, and tell the fish of…"

My eyes widen, and with a sudden flurry of motion I don’t take the time to explain, I move out of the tunnel, out towards the world above, having come to a sudden conclusion.

"Come on, ladies," I tell them with a grin, "I think I’ve figured something out. Let’s go tell the Spark’s big rock about it, yeah?"

[ OOC: So I fer real had a BRAIN BLAST! Would you care to relocate to the Veins and see about whether or not I am clever? Cause I am tagging you both anyway. ;D ]

Wishlist - Plots