the Rift

Lost Wanderer

Akumi Posts: 24
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 years (Bird Song) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Rose
Akumi walked along a forests edge with trees taller than she'd ever seen. She had never been in a place like this before, nothing was familiar to her. She breathed in the smooth scent of wood and luscious grass through her dark nostrils. Her black coat was moderately visible in the shadows of the trees while her mane and tail shown bright with reds and oranges. Her hooves made a crisp sound when stepping on each of the leaves along with occasional snapping sounds of sticks. Akumi's heart was beating fast anxious of her unknown surroundings and the mysteries that lay ahead. She was lost and didn't know where to turn because now her parents were dead and she had no guidance or any herd to be in anymore. She was lost in thought, reliving the tragic memories of her parents as if they were just yesterday even though they were half a year ago. Akumi was snapped back to reality when a bird flew down and landed on her horn. She pushed her strong legs into the ground and reared up into the sky stomping her hooves back down into the soft Earth. She glanced back up to the sky as the bird flew away, she was very skiddish now having had to survive on her own for so long. Though she had gotten used to being alone, she still longed for other horses like her. Just to even see one or talk to one. To have a home or a place to belong to was all she longed for. As her hooves continued to make crisp cracks in the leaves upon the ground, a single tear shed down from her eye.
Someday somebody will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Another day came, peeping through the branches of the Threshold whilst Sacre rather leisurely strolled through it, content to watch his two foxes play amongst the foliage. Their squeals of joy were only muted to catch a breath before they began again, flying across the terrain in movements so slight that the healer could only marvel at their agility, Ríona was marginally the fastest, infuriating Inari to no end who was always so close to catching his meddlesome sister. Most of Sacre's days were like this, filled with the sound of his friends, be it out loud whilst they played or in his head when they bickered, despite the constant noise, Sacre couldn't imagine living without them now—he had forgotten what a world without the constant chattering of foxes was like. Once upon a time, the name 'fox boy' would never have even crossed his mind. Like a lot of other things, it almost felt like a lifetime ago when he thought back to his days as a curious and troublesome foal, who had been frightened Mr Lace's dragon.

He moved past a stream, the flowing water adding to natures gentle serenade, content to let his eyes fall shut for a moment, standing by an old tree, enjoying the ray of light that shone through onto his dark coat. For a while he remained like that, dozing in the woods, until Inari alerted him to another passing by. Lethargically, Sacre began to follow the red fox, regretfully looking back to the patch of sunlight he had been snoozing in before dragging his gaze away to the path ahead, proceeded by a white-tipped bushy tail until he came across a dark mare with hair like fire.

He stopped, aiming somewhere in front of her, but kept his distance, eyeing the single tear stain that fell from her striking green eyes. For a moment, he didn't know what to say to her, feeling like he was possibly intruding on her own privacy, his own eyes shifting to his cloven feet that shuffled in the undergrowth. When finally he spoke the healer tried to keep his voice calm and gentle "are you okay, miss? may I help you in anyway?" he asked as he looked up, trying to catch her gaze.

Hi welcome to Helovia! <3 let me know if you have any questions.
Just as a note; a horses height goes up to .3 e.g. 14hh 14.1hh 14.2hh 14.3hh 15hh... and so on.
So Akumi would be around 16.3hh instead of 15.7 :D I hope this helps a little <3
there's something tragic about you
something so magic about you

image credits

@Akumi

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Rose
[Image: 58b307e9466e9]

Akumi had begun day-dreaming again until she heard a voice seemingly come from nowhere. Her head perked up and her ears flicked in all directions as she looked for the source of the sound. Her muscles were tense as she braced herself after seeing a dark stallion standing near her path. He spoke in her tongue, and his voice was smooth and peaceful. When Akumi finally met his gaze she could see his soft blue eyes and almost nervous seeming nature. Hoping it hadn't been too long after the question for her to relay a response, she shyly began to speak. "I believe I'm okay." she said looking down for a moment.  "Could you maybe.. tell me where I am? I'm kind of lost really." Akumi said before nervously beginning to push her hooves around in the mud.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for the note! Ill keep it in mind. ^-^ EDIT: Ignore her scales for now, still need to edit her picture to take them off. Thanks!
@SACRE

In the seconds between him asking and her replying, he took a moment to take in her appearance, the dark coat and the red hair. She had green eyes and a horn that spiralled upwards, a mixture of fire like hues of yellow, red and orange. He remained at his respectful distance, still unsure whether or not his intrusion was welcome, until her lips parted and she greeted him shyly, causing the fox-boy to beam his signature boyish and bright smile in gentle encouragement. "Of course, ma'am! You are in a place called Helovia, this forest is called the Threshold" he nodding in general at the trees surrounding them. The claiming grounds as sometimes he called them, where one might go to find lost travellers and convince them to follow them home. It was a little strange, when Sacre thought about it, but the healer was always adamant that he came to help and not to hinder. She may go where she pleased, in the end.

"My name is Sacre, a Doctor from the Worlds Edge herd" he grinned, offering up his name in hopes to make her feel a little better in this new environment, the healer then went on to nod at his two fox companions "my friends are called Inari and Ríona", they blinked their greeting, staring with beady eyes from the forest undergrowth.

With his introduction complete, Sacre troubled himself over her welfare first, his eyes growing round with concern. "Are you well? Have you travelled very far?" he asked gently with a healers apprehension. On the odd occasion when he had visited these forests in the past he had been met with troubled souls, even angry ones, with pasts Sacre couldn't even imagine having.

Sorry for the delay, Rose <33

image credits

@Akumi

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Rose

Akumi

“Nice to meet you Sacre, my name is Akumi. I’ve come from a long way I suppose.” She said, racking her brain for details of where she’d been. “My journey began a half a year ago and I’ve been traveling ever since, just looking for a place to call home.” She began to look down for a moment, unsure of whether she should tell the gentle black stallion of her past. Instead she began to ask a favor. “Would you mind helping me with something? Since you’re a doctor and all, would you mind getting this awful thorn out of my side?” She said as she turned slowly to reveal a small rose thorn stuck in her left flank. It was tiny and wasn’t causing any real harm but the tiny pokes and pricks as she walked were bothersome. When she turned she could see a different view of him rather than head on. Her green eyes searched over him and at the black coat that dominated his body and the peeks of red that fought through at his flanks and right ear. The reds were deep and gently got brighter before fading away again. His horn was a brilliant red that pointed straight to the sky. Sacre’s hooves were cloven, something she’d never seen before but it seemed to suit him well. He was interesting and she admired his strong yet somehow gentle build.

Akumi’s eyes soon wandered down to the little foxes that played below his feet. “How long have you known them? They’re really cute” she added. As she looked at their beady little eyes and soft fox hair. She never really understood the concept of a companion or the bond shared between them as she’d never had one before. She admired their playful nature and their love for each other and Sacre. “Where did you say you lived again, World’s Edge? What is that?” She said quickly adding in another question before the stallion could respond to a single one. She hadn’t had anyone else to talk to for a long time so she was happy to have met another horse and excited about such a new place! Akumi shifted her weight and let her back leg relax cocking her left foot toward the ground. She’s comfortable with the new friend she’s met and he seems nice enough she thought.
Lost Wanderer
Image Credit

@Sacre
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Still working with the table a little. Sorry if it's sloppy. >~<

Akumi. Pretty and sweet, his eyes softened as she mentioned her long journey as often was so when he met those arriving in the Threshold, their stories could be fraught with danger and too much sorrow. Though she mentioned nothing of her reasons for travelling as she did, but for once Sacre didn't pry, a mark of his maturity perhaps or maybe it was some greater influence, but the Doctor instead zoned in on the thorn the girl alerted him to and he went to move closer to her, casting her a quick assessing glance to make sure he was okay to approached. He spotted the small thorn, stuck into her flank, not a great wound by any means, but one that might get infected later, causing a bigger problem, if it wasn't removed. "Of course" he replied, casting a reassuring smile at her, "you might feel a little sting" cautioning, and waiting for her response before continuing, Sacre placed the woody dart between his teeth and gently pulled it out.

For a moment, he looked at her flank and then back to her face, questioningly "does that feel better? Are you in pain?" he asked with a healers concern. How long had she been travelling with it in there? He wondered.

The topic changed to the subject of foxes, much to the delight of Inari and Ríona, who had been sat watching the exchange from beneath Sacre's chest. They yipped at the girl playfully, thanking her for her compliment before their hoofed companion elaborated more on his curious friends "the red one, Inari, I have known for 3 years and the other, the Kitsune Ríona I have known for 2 years" he explained, surprising himself at the length of time that had passed. "They are my bonded friends I have been blessed with, but can be a handful" he winked at Akumi whilst ignoring the eye rolls from below, Inari muttering King of fools, a not-so-gentle reminder that usually it was Sacre who was the handful.

The foolish fox-boy thought a moment then—what is the Worlds Edge? "A place of beauty" he beamed "it's a herd land to the west of here, a misty place with forests and a cliff top for viewing the great sunsets. It belongs to the Moon God, one of the four Gods of Helovia" explaining, he watched her curiously, mention of Gods were usually met with differing reactions. "We are ruled by a King and Queen, Tembovu and Alysanne, who are kind in their rule... if you truly seek a home, you would be welcome in the Worlds Edge, Akumi" he finished, wondering if she would take up his offer or whether he would be rejected.

image credits

@Akumi the table looks great :3 I can make them a thread in the Worlds Edge after your reply if you like? <3

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Rose

Akumi

Akumi flinched as the tiny thorn was pulled out. “Thank you.” she said kindly. “I’m not in pain anymore. It was just out of reach and had been bothering me for a couple days.” Akumi sighed in relief. The little annoying bugger would pain her no more. Soft breeze blew from overhead rustling the trees and letting in little bits of sunlight. The sun would set soon and she needed to find a place to rest before the afternoon. The light through the trees hit the foxes coats and made them shine. She wondered what it was like to have a bonded companion and what fun it might include as well.

“Could you take me there?” Akumi said to the description of such a place. It sounded amazing and fascinating, somewhere she would really like to go. “If everyone didn’t mind me being there then I’d love to live with you.” she said shyly, not wanting to intrude on the pre-existing herd. Akumi thought for a moment. She never once took into thought the existence of a God. She was curious, and she wanted to know more. “Can you tell me about this moon God? I really love the moon and often times it was my only companion in the night. I’ve always been fascinated, and now to know there’s a moon God? What are the other four?” Akumi blurted out all her questions at once as her little legs trembled with excitement. She took a step forward indicating she was ready to go whenever he was too.
Lost Wanderer
Image Credit

@SACRE
I’d be glad for a thread in world’s edge. So sorry for the late reply! Got sick >~< <33

As for anybody else, go follow our continued thread in the edge! "Another one for the Crown" <333