Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA                

Just one beat of your heart, and stranger than fantasy

I knew from the start you had to be the place for me

Is your love strong enough?

Ophelia nodded to Revenant when he told her to lead the way, and she smiled kindly. The young mare assumed, and she was right in doing so, that he would want to visit the Veins of the Gods as most of the visitors do, so she guided him south and waited for him to embrace his journey alone. Patiently she waited and enjoyed the warmer south winds near the Dragon's Throat, and she wondered how her former herd mates were fairing. Certainly well. Kri was a strong leader, and she would guide them well through this harsh Frostfall. When he returned, he seemed morose, but Ophelia did not press. The words that had passed between himself and whichever god he sought were not for her ears, and she respected his privacy. Still, she was concerned. The stallion already had a tendency (as she noticed) to be rather cryptic and distanced, but this seemed to push him father away.

Grey lips turned downward into a concerned frowned as the pair headed north once more to the Deep Forest, the place where Ktulu and herself had declared the meeting place for their quickly growing band. They were an interesting duo of opposites and in a way, complementary. Dancing eye colors were two parts of a triad, both primary, though his were glazed over with a strange film. Ophelia wanted to know if he could see well, but the question hung on her mind and never made it past her lips. She would not press and she would not pry.

Flat, snow covered grasslands gave way to tall trees that began to grow closer together in a tall, insulating shield from the cold, bitter winds. Cloven hooves picked their way easily and gracefully through the snow that began to thin in the shelter of the forests. She was confident in her steps. She had seen all of this before, and she remembered every detail. As she looked at the trees, she could remember the leaf pattern of each one individually when they were still in bloom. Now, she was able to see what limbs had fallen under the weight of the snow and which trees were being used as food for herbivores who could not find the leafy growth beneath the frost.

Everything was pristine and pure, and her coat blending beautifully with the delicate landscape save for the drifting mane and tail like coagulated blood. Breath moved in puffs of frost, and her crystalline eyes glanced at her traveling partner with gentle concern. "I am a good listener if what burdens your heart may be spoken," she replied softly, the chimes of her voice a gentle harmony with the silence that surrounded the deep woods. Ophelia offered him a kind smile before arriving at the pool whose bottom was lined with bloodstones, and she waited there for her sister. She knew that she would arrive soon.

"Now we wait for the rest of the Grey," Ophelia replied, resting on one hip and turning one of her hooves back to rest. "You want to be a spy then? A knowledge seeker?" she asked curiously, ears pricking forward with her attention fully focused. "I will teach you what I know. I spent some time as the sleuth for the Dragon's Throat, and I... can read minds..." she trailed, unsure if admitting the last part was wise. "I have only read the mind of my sister thusfar, but with the way of the future, I will be forced to act on this ability more often."

Revenant was handsome in his own way. The stallion was tall and muscular, obviously capable. He stood much taller than she, even though Ophelia was on average, taller than most mares, and he held himself like a stallion who had been through ages more than his body displayed. Ophelia wanted to learn his story.

[OOC: All the typos! :/ Sorry guys. Half of this was written in class and the other half was written in my way back]

CREDITS

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
[Image: winter_snow_by_ladyfey-d5g626q.png]

After the last meeting with the ex-Edge, Tor had gradually drifted towards the forest, browsing slowly, taking her time, enjoying the simple wonders of this splendorous world. For a brief moment, the painted lady had lingered at the Foothills, just on the border. She had come across Svetlana the Stormchaser, a proud warrior. After a couple of exchanged, restricted greetings, the two had parted ways. From there, the tobiano had slipped into the Threshold, weaving between the trees and listening to the soft crunch of snow underhoof. In a curling loop, she had bypassed the Deep Forest, drinking at the sweet rivers of the Thistle Meadow, exploring Helovia's Heart before the heat had overcome her and sent her bumbling off. Now, she had entered the Deep Forest.

It hadn't been too long before Tor picked up the delicate blossom scent of Ophelia. Without barely a trace of a thought, the un-graceful draft picked up a steady trot. White legs carried themselves over the cream snow, dark hooves turned ever-darker as water scoured the dirt away, silver feathers gleamed dully in the dappled forest light. Bitterly cold air bit at the lady's lungs, cut deep spikes into her throat, but the mare was used to such cold, if not to the extremes of it. After all, one was not born in the arctic to survive in the heat. A thick fur coat kept Tor warm at all times, except in the most miserable, wet circumstances, such as the thunderstorms where she had met Lace twice. Those times, she had been soaked to the very bone, a big wet mess.

The draft slowed to a walk, steam drifting from her nostrils, curling white vapor dissipating into the crisp air. There, she saw her best friend, as well as a large stallion who stood even tallen the herself, an unusual fact. "Phi!" Tor murmured a quiet greeting to the white unicorn, before letting her eyes drift over the black stallion. Not long enough to be rude, however. She was too careful for that. The big stag was indeed handsome, a rich black with a blue eye, or at least the eye she could see. He held a mysterious, somber air around him, gathered it in his very essence. "Lovely day it is. I'm Tor." The healer summoned a smile, a curious sparkle in her trademark brown eyes.

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Word Count: 394

Revenant Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

REVENANT
i'm waking up i feel it in my bones, enough to make my systems grow

The Goddess of the Moon had granted him with a troubling encounter – one that worried him beneath his solemnity but he hid it. He pushed traces of it deep down and joined Ophelia in silence. It was in silence he walked with her too, daring not shudder at the cold though it nipped at his flesh. His pitiful winter coat did little to quell the biting winds from chilling him but he was not privy to showing weakness. He wasn’t accustomed to showing anything at all… and how was he to forge a bond in likeness of that of a chain if he couldn’t grace another being with his intimate thoughts? ’Improbable.’ he exhaled a resigned sigh… and he expected that had been enough to hint at his melancholy. That, or Ophelia was unusually perceptive?

He wasn’t a pantomime display after all.

”Unusual,” He rumbled, ”It isn’t often a socialite is content with listening.” Revenant listened for he didn’t converse often. It was difficult to uphold a conversation when he added little to it – a short remark here, a clipped curt answer there. Most didn’t pry or soon gave up their rouse once it dawned on them that he was quite impenetrable – that he hadn’t mastered the art of talking a lot but revealing nothing dire.

”Perhaps you haven’t noticed? I don’t chat with ease…” ’And certainly cannot retell a horror story.’ It wasn’t spoken in an affronted manner, more a statement if anything, and as a simple observation of himself to share if she hadn’t already noticed. Though he expected she did notice… and she just ignored it: thinking him an enigma, wanting to solve him when he wasn’t even sure who he was or what he was truly capable of. The ancient sadness’s he bore were like shackles… and they inhibited him. Worse yet, he let them. The arrival of the other mare was a grand distraction from the mess he’d gotten himself into – the quest, the band, and the pretty white leader. He acknowledged her greeting with a dip of his head in concurrence even though he didn’t much like winter. ”Revenant.”

”Ophelia…” He muttered, ”I will fill whatever position you deem suitable for me. I will be capable.” ’I will attempt to fulfill my duties to the Grey and also the Goddess of the Moon, that clever shrew.’ Silently, he amended.

But not yet – he wasn’t sure if he could trust them.

He wasn’t sure he could let them in without risking the destruction of his heart and his soul.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Ktulu the Constrictor         

rattle cage after cage

until my blood boils

Eytan had been running around the edge of the woods in a very childish manner when he had spotted them entering. Despite the distance Ktulu had seen and had begun to pick her way from the heart of the territory she had begun to call her own. Her young charge followed the trio all the way to the pool that glittered with the blood red rocks. He burst from the bushes with a joyful cry as he ran toward Ophelia. Clumsily, the cub tripped over his own growing paws and rolled through the snow toward his bonded's sister and stopped in a heap at her hooves.

Moments later Ktulu entered the scene, her dark body seeming to melt from the shadows of the forest. The look she gave her sister was one filled with fondness and love and an underlying fierce protectiveness. There was no doubt that the darker of the two sisters would kill to protect the other. Her blood red gaze moved from Ophelia to the dark stallion. He was tall, strong, well muscled and would do well in a fighting position if he so desired. The other was a mare who did not strike her in the least as a warrior.

"Welcome to the Grey." She finally said to the two newest recruits. "I am Ktulu the Constrictor, leader of the warriors." At the mention of warriors she glanced fleetingly toward the stallion. Her gaze continued, however, and lingered on Ophelia. "I'm glad you're back, Ophelia."

Icon by Tay

Rafe Posts: 30
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Tamme

RAFE</style>
  The coldest blood runs through my veins</style>

The familiar flash and movement of the two toned mare of the Grey caught the attention of cold, blue eyes. Rafe followed, thick, roving gait propelling him forward. Ebony tendrils of long, clean mane hung haphazardly over his masculine face and thickly crested neck, and the four horns that erupted wickedly from his skull towered as a monument of darkness in the sky. The crimson robed figured gathered snippets of the conversation as he slowed his bold trot to a ground-eating walk.

Both of the pale mares seemed far too... bright and cheery for such a group. They were either mad or sorely misinformed. He made an educated guess at the latter. The tall, slender mare with the crimson fringes was obviously the sibling of the other with the bear as a pet, and he gazed at her hard, blue eyes roving over her figure appreciatively. She was lovely, but weak. Her eyes were too kind, displayed too much concern for the dark stallion who stood close. A bleeding heart was useless and left the user a drained shell. Obviously the black stallion understood that fact as his words were somewhat distancing.

An even brighter star in the midst of killers was the white and grey spotted mare. He pegged her as a healer. Another bleeding heart type. Rafe would watch the development of the inevitable future with amusement. Both of them would fall for some stallion whose only desire was to use them to get what he needed, and the two of them would spend the rest of their lives wondering what 'could have been'. Scenario one was most likely. The scenario of finding a soul mate and falling in love was possible, but an unlikely farce of the universe.

Everyone was inherently selfish. Better to accept that fact and move on with life. Snow fell upon his coat, but the wind was less bitter in this climate. His crimson coat was thick and warming, but he could see that the darker stallion was cold. Rafe stalked in a circle around the group like a predator before moving to a side opposite the pale sister. Would the blue mare make it here? Now that would be an interesting development. "Is there a job that needs to be done? Or are we simply chatting?" he asked, his voice deep and charismatic. The smirk on his lips did not reach his icy eyes.

Avira Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A
pegasus | mare | 15.2hh | 8 years | unclaimed

Residing too long in the bitter, bone chilling, cold of the Frostbreathe Avira decided it was time to move out and find something. She had been acquainted with few so far and as her teal tipped wings stretched out beside her she leaned them in. Preparing a gentle land on snow less thick than much she had just spent her time one. The two tone brown mare extended her legs for touch down. They pumped hard. Waiting till the feel of ground upon the hooves before slowing the gait.

Her heart pounded against her chest as the blood temperature began to rise. Heat boiling through her veins. The warm feeling was interesting compared to much of the cold she had been enduring. Avira had landed on the outskirts of the Deep Forest before folding her wings and running for the trees. Long moments of uncertainty of what lays around the next corner fogged her brain. Like the steam that rolled from her nostrils, encircling her eyes. The electric blue globes began to note the trees becoming dense.

Steady gait began to slow and eventually made it to a creepy predator walk. Head hung lowly as she scented with her nose to the ground. Carelessly wandering past many clues of life. Hoof prints and smells were near and it wasn't till the sounds of voices that she shot her head clear to the sky. Freezing dead in her tracks. Before her stood about, one.. two.. four... five! Horses. Equines, unicorns, but yet none pegasus. None like here. But Avira approached the meeting cautiously anyways. Audits forward and ready for words as the last bit she caught was from a blood bay stallion. That held horns she had not seen before. All the way to the top of his crown...? Or was she seeing things?

Blue tipped legs stopped before she began to introduce herself. "Hello, pardon me if I do intrude, but I'm Avira. Very nice to see more faces in this cold land." A warm smile nudged across her lips kindly. Stocky muscles of the mares mustang, muttly, lines bulged from the workout. Not to mention the nervous feeling she got from the stained red unicorn that had a look about him that said everything of death. Avira eyed him with uncertainty but it was really the paint draft that caught her attention. The gal named Tor. Avira found her stance rather welcoming and decided to put her comfort in the paint. The other three she only eyed them as they eyed her. Sharing her stare evenly among the group.

|ooc- she hopes to join the Grey as a healer of some sort. So Ophelia's part of the group?|

Crow Posts: N/A
Unregistered
(11-03-2012, 03:26 PM)Balthazar Crow Wrote:

Balthazar 'Crow'
In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

The white crow wound between the bare trees, savoring the silence and protection from the bitter wind. The breeze that still swept between the boughs was much less harsh than the updraft he had caught to fly most of the way here. The painted mare who had extended the invite told him the place, though with the trees growing denser, he couldn't imagine there being enough room anywhere for a herd to meet. His silver eyes were dark, lacking the bright reflection as he was cast in shadow. The snow began to thin the more he walked. His strides opened, his long legs carrying his massive size smoothly.

His ears picked up unfamiliar voices. He then caught the familiar bell of Tor, and his nerves lifted. At least she would be able to give a quick explanation on why he was wandering into the meeting, silent as a ghost, and seemingly refusing to give a word.

Soon the trees broke away, exposing a bald spot within the forest. Six horses formed a wide circle, and he noticed four with horns, one winged, and the wonderful Tor. He lifted his long head high, carrying it on his thick, sloped neck. His body held no malicious or savage intent, and he remained relaxed as to show no threat to the small herd. Body language was everything to this mute stallion.

He paced around the group, coming to a stop beside Tor. He touched her shoulder lightly with the tip of his soft muzzle, a silent hello. He was sure he looked clingy, but in a new world, she was familiar. He would soon find other connections to stand by, but for now she was his voice. He gave a small bow to the rest of the group, lifting one obsidian hoof and dipping his head. Hello, all, her murmered in his head, but all he let out was a frosted sigh.

[/quote]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Dark form moved between naked trees of kinds she couldn't recall. Bare under this leafless twisted canopy, the blue roan felt uneasy and shifty. Violet eyes surveyed the slow trickle of equines, pegasi, and unicorns. Only two of these struck her as familiar in any way, both bearing horns upon their cranium. Rafe and Ktulu stood in similar positions; dominating and insistent. Lakota strode into their small group, disjointed as if they wanted to only move so close even to those they knew. Understandable considering this was to be a band of cruel mercenaries and slick spies.

Coal rubbed legs moved her lean form towards the company- if one could venture to call it that- of the blood draped unicorn Rafe. Ebony hooves came together in a serious stance beside him, a respectful distance away from him. Uncaring if others took this to think she relied on him. Lakota could care less for their opinions of her until she had gotten to know them. Two of them seemed kind and open, healers she guessed. It wasn't that she found their cause less honorable- after all where would they be without their breath of life to stitch up troublesome and deadly wounds. It had saved many of her comrades, but Lakota preferred the art of poison. Herbs could heal just as much as impair another creature.

The mare, Avira, announced herself as Kota came in. Her kind, almost joyful words twisted something inside of the soldier. It had been many months since she'd last heard such cheer in a young doll. Visage remained impassive even as the twinge appeared. A stallion bowed silently to them from the shoulder of the equine Lakota had designated as a healer in her mind. Slowly she went through them, trying to gain some sort of information to store away. Their posture, voices, actions. How they interacted with those around them. It was all a slow formula inside her head, waiting to become a singular answer. Lakota didn't specialize in intelligence and didn't much care for it. She had an entirely different reason for picking apart those who stood around her; what it was she wouldn't speak of.

Violet eyes turned to Ktulu, the only other she knew in this gaggle of horses. The shadowed mare hadn't stayed long after informing her and Rafe of the Grey, and Kota's interest was thoroughly piqued. The healers she could guess their nature, though the white laced femme whose form had attracted Ktulu's gaze seemed rather familiar in the face. Perhaps they were related? Ktulu herself was a mystery, which Kota wasn't necessarily comfortable with. Rafe was both easy and complicated to understand but they had similar natures either way. Without a word the blue laced mare sat back, midnight tail swaying softly against her ankles as she watched the meeting take place.

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

image by ferran-jorda @ flickr.com</style>

There are old tales about monsters that lurk in the shadows, waiting to feed upon the innocent and ruin the lives of all who may be deemed good. As a creature who resides in the darkness, clinging to the familiar curve of the shade, Osiris can only refute the statement. The beastly appearance that makes others shy away in fear houses a heart of earnest, though there are few aside from the reptile clinging annoyingly to his fur that would speak highly of the creature. One of such few is the mare standing at the forefront of this gathering, dressed in drapes of lovely, pure white with hints of crimson.

From the vantage of the shadows, the wolf watches as they crawl out of the woodwork and wriggle like worms into attention. His golden eyes, feral and distrusting, are constantly falling across the scene of swirling movement and excitement. The figures of bodies that lurch into the clearing like thieves from a burglary, but there is something true about their thieving steps that resonants in the chest of the great beast of the dark. Delicate and beautiful, Ophelia's voice shudders forth into the clearing, speaking rather quietly, but not quiet enough to avoid the ears of the wolf and dragon on his back. Had it not been for a harsh warning prior to their hidden prying, Comadre would likely have flown forward to greet the mare with a childish, serrated grin. Now, he listens intently to her words as does the wolf, the pair standing outside looking in on the meeting, vascillating on whether they should step forward into the dim light of the forest.

The stallion at her side was tall, dark, but appeared amiable. The paint mare which had rushed forward was definitely a friend instead of foe, the way she greeted the pale mare with familiarity. The next to arrive, a mare dipped in black, was so similar to Ophelia in appearance the wolf had no doubt they were siblings. He was reminded immediately of the first time he had met the pale girl, before the she had greyed so long ago in the caves of Isilme. A gruffer yet distinctly feminine voice introduces the other young mare as Ktulu, and Comadre and Osiris exchange a glances as she speaks of the Grey. His wondering thoughts did not linger for long as a shady figure approaches next, his gait arrogant and his soul darkened as it reflected from his eyes. The words spit from his mouth were disrespectful and impatient, and they make Osiris's ears flicker back to his skull in annoyance.

It is at this moment that a massive paw reaches out from behind the tree, the hybrid shuffling from his hiding place and out into the small clearing, where a dim ray of light cascades to the forest ground enough to illuminate the faces of those present. His own, much like a mask fit for a beast, looks even more nightmarish with the shadows that do not fully cloak the distorted appearance. Canine ears flip forward again, not wishing to be mistaken for a foe in this field of misfits. "You spoke of the Grey," he says, baritone voice reaching out over the crowd and toward Ophelia and Ktulu. "I desire to know the cause of such a thing." His golden eyes linger on Ophelia's soft face before looking at her darker sibling.

The rest who come into the area while he speaks are noted absently by Comadre, who, in sensing the serious mood of his bonded, remains uncharacteristically still on the back of the wolf. His violet eyes smile yet as they look at Ophelia, though, and a small chirp lurches out of his throat and into the air surrounding the two.
""

osiris </style>
Out of my blood, he'll breed revengement and a scourge for me.</style>

Zeki Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Zeki had been gone for quite some time. When the shades had taken over Anarore, he had been lost for a bit. He had no idea if his mother lived or where she had gone but eventually he had stumbled into Helovia. Not without his own struggles of course, but he had made it out. When he'd gotten into Helovia he'd found Ktulu there, but then he'd wandered away again and gotten lost. He hadn't gone far but it had been far enough. The time away had been enough to raise the boy on his own. A young stallion now, Zeki, didn't think much on the things that had gone on. He'd forgotten a lot, and dwelled on a few things. For starters, he had no recollection of how to handle a social gathering. He did, however, remember the little things his mother had told him. The parts of the races and while he didn't choose to say anything out loud, deep down he did want that power. That unicorns were supreme, but he couldn't bring himself to say it out loud. For one, it was his secret, and for two, the last time he'd mentioned it, he recalled it not going over well with a certain someone.

Wandering alone had it's perks but he was fairly certain that he had seen Ktulu, or at least an older form of her. Hadn't he? He followed where he thought she went and walked out as the others formed. He didn't speak, he didn't even linger for long on any one form. He just settled into his hinds and shifted his gaze as others spoke. He'd have to talk to Ktulu to figure out what the Grey was, but he was willing to be a part of it. The warriors is what caught his attention and his head turned to look to her. Really? Warriors? He liked the sound of this. He looked around the others, the stallion with multiple horns caught his attention and he looked at him as a valued asset. He looked to the mare who flew and had feathers coming out of her rump. Briefly he felt disgust but he tried to dismiss it so that he wouldn't cause questions at the moment. Then he looked to the painted mare and again he felt disgust. Why were they here? What was the Grey? He looked to the other stallion and the darkness of him. Zeki felt like a sore thumb as he stood around, but the one who really caught his eye was the other stallion. The fluffy one. What was he?

He looked to Ktulu, remembering her talking about the warriors and her being the leader. He didn't say much but he sought her eyes and when red met red, he gave silent nod. It was an agreement to do whatever he had to do. He looked to Ophelia after and gave her the same nod. Both deserved his respect, as far as he remembered, but in truth Zeki felt himself more a warrior than anything. He didn't have the stealth, being as large as he was and as bright as he was. Bright meaning the white of his coat. Zeki wasn't stupid, though. Many others thought he was because he chose not to speak, but he didn't waste his breath, he spoke when it was needed, and when someone deserved to hear it. Right now, however, he was not in a speaking mood. He didn't need to, did he? If Ophelia or Ktulu needed something from him, they'd ask. If they remembered him, that was. Granted the cocky stallion side of him felt he was unforgettable, given he was a pretty distinctive look. It had been a while, but not that, right?

text text text "blah blah blah." text text text "blah blah blah."

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Being called a "socialite" was a bit of an insult as she was one of the least social creatures, preferring to observe first and speak later. But only a small twitch of her whiskered muzzle betrayed her irritation, and she caste a sideways glance and her travelling partner. "I am an observer, not a speaker," she replied softly. "And I am not... large crowds and social gatherings are unsettling." A small smile worked on her lips as he said that he did not chat with ease, and she understood. Most of the conversation she struck with others had to do with her conversation partner; she rarely let others know about herself. Phi held many secrets, secrets that only her sister and now Tor were aware of, and she smiled at the grey and white mare with warmth and kindess. "Tor!" she replied back. She gave Revenant and Tor time to introduce themselves. Phi then turned back to Revenant and gently gazed into his unique, frosted eyes. "Talking may be difficult, but if you need someone to listen, I will be ready."

Many more arrived then, and her soul filled with pride and joy at seeing the number of new faces that gathered before herself and her sister, pledging themselves to different facets of their small band. A pegasus spoke, introducing herself, and Phi smiled warmly back. "Greetings to you, Avira," she replied. "Do you know what you wish to do with the Grey?" she asked curiously, knowing that such decisions often warranted a lengthy time to think. Two others did not speak; a stallion and a blue roan mare. She glanced at them curiously as well, wondering where they had come from. The blue roan mare seemed to know the bay stallion who was brusque and cold to the point that it made Phi nervous.

The last face she expected to appear from behind the trees suddenly apparated, and Phi was caught off guard, her expression shifting to surprise, pleasure and pain all at once before she schooled them to her usual softness. Osiris and Comadre. Tinek perked forward from his resting place on her neck and trilled back at the black dragon, excited again to see one of his kind, and Ophelia grinned at Comadre as well. "Hello Comadre!" she called. "How are you? Have you been taking care of Osiris?" She asked this with a small smirk at the wolf, remembering his reluctance to take care of his own injured paw months ago. A grey pegasus had also distracted him from caring for his own wounds, but she had made sure to keep her folly a secret. Why was he here? Why was he not with the grey? Carefully, she narrowed her two colored eyes, searching his predatory golden ones with a gently curiosity. Those golden orbs remained a mystery.

"The cause of the Grey is to provide balance," she replied to Osiris, her chime-like tones taking on a more subtle seriousness. "Too many align themselves with the light and the dark with such fervor when the reality of the world is trapped in the middle, in the grey. We provide help to those who cannot help themselves for small payments to aide the bands' survival. My sister, Ktulu, leads the mercenaries and warriors, and I provide structure for the knowledge seekers and healers." What would he think of her being a spy? She truly should not care, but even with her own embarrassment in thinking that they could have been something more, he was still a friend; Phi cared about her friends and their opinions. "We would welcome you, if you wish to join, Osiris," she said, extending the invitation. Still, the question that nagged at the fringes of her consciousness was 'what about the grey pegasus'?

Another approached with a certain familiarity. He was from the Tides, and a wave of memories washed to the forefront of her mind. So many new faces and among this crowd, one that reminded her of the darkness of her old home. "Zeki, yes?" Ophelia asked, making note of his coloration. The colt was the son of Zar'roc, but she did not know his dam; his sire was often ill aligned with her father, and she clearly remembered the attack on the Tides as if it were yesterday. "Did you see any more survivors from the Tides?" she asked, a hopefulness in her voice that could not be quelled by the reality of the truth. Those who had not arrived to Helovia yet were dead, their bodies scatter and unburied across a land overrun by demons and shadows. "Welcome to the Grey."

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
[Image: winter_snow_by_ladyfey-d5g626q.png]

Tor watched with quiet curiousity as Revenant briefly introduced himself, before turning to speak with rich, melancholy tones to Ophelia. The draft shifted, ever so slightly uncomfortable, off-put by this unicorn whose air seemed to be full of sadness, and he himself seemed to be the physical embodiment of sorrow. Whatever must have happened to create such a sad creature as that? However, her thoughts were quickly distracted by the arrival of Ktulu. The black mare didn't give off the friendly feeling of Ophelia. Ophelia wasn't exactly talkative, but this white-maned unicorn seemed inverted, totally... well, a warrior. Of course, the polite draft mare whispered a soft hello.

Soon, Ktulu was followed with a blood bay stallion, not even the slightest sign of friendliness on him. Immediate dislike filled Tor, yet like always, this distrust was only visible in her brown eyes, and she offered the same open smile as usual. Can't be too surprised, Tor. Ktulu is in charge of... executioners. No doubt that this bay stallion was one of them. A pegasus arrived, a pretty little mare, fine-boned and tinged with brilliant green-blues. Tor much preferred this type to the tight-lipped soldier who had, somehow, made his way to Ktulu's side, opposite to the healers. Only four more would arrive. Much to Tor's surprise, and evident pleasure, the white stallion Crow appeared. The ghostly white pegasus, primaries black and sharp against the crisp snow, moved over to Tor's side, light gray muzzle brushing the draft's shoulder. In return, the pretty gal nudged his shoulder, and took a few steps away from Ophelia, hoping he would follow her. Although she didn't say anything to Ophelia at the moment, she would be sure to introduce the mute to her as soon as events started moving. It wasn't too long after that a white unicorn joined the group, as well as a dark furry stallion with glittering white fangs, a black dragon at his shoulder. Surely they weren't healers- no, Tor was only certain that the chocolate pegasus was.

Tor felt obligated to tell the horses gathered at the very least her name, despite being uncertain if they really needed to know it, or if they would appreciate the small gesture of friendship. After all, she may be healing them, and they would be a family, even if the family was half killers and half healers. "Hello everyone. I'm Tor, one of the healers." Tor's buttery voice seemed to warm the air itself, and she smiled at the group, even though it was a little hesitantly. "This is Crow- he's a mute." She introduced them for him, and turned shifted to speak to Ophelia in a whisper, careful to avoid drawing attention to herself. Of course, being surrounded by spies, someone would probably notice, but she would rather not open up her own misgivings about Crow to complete strangers. "I'm not sure how he'll help the group, I'm sorry, but I couldn't just leave him in the Threshold."

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Word Count: remember to fill this out

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Ktulu the Constrictor         

rattle cage after cage

until my blood boils

"When there is a job to be done I will find you and notify you." The dark mare replied cooly as she turned her crimson gaze on the blood bay. Her gaze lingered on him before she looked to the others that arrived. She nodded her head to them each in turn, wondering where they might fit in within their band. So far there seemed to be far more medics than warriors and that was a little concerning to Ktulu. What happened to those who said they lived for the fight?

One of the stallions that came next caught Ktulu's interest and that interest was pushed farther with the way Ophelia responded to him. Her eyes were critical as she watched Osiris and Comadre, though it wasn't because of the way he looked. How could she be critical of a hybrid when she was a hybrid herself? It was simply because of Ophelia's reaction.

Her sister was quick to explain the purpose of The Grey. What more was there for her to say? She was loathe to remain quiet and let Ophelia do all the talking. "As my sister said we don't align ourselves with any light or dark side, but the reality that surrounds us all. In exchange for small things that benefit us, be it shelter during rough winter months, or trinkets such as amulets we will aid those who cannot help themselves."

Ktulu paused and looked around the gathered horses. "Should any of you decide at any point to join a herd your services will no longer be required." It was rather blunt, but Ktulu would rather get straight to the point than dance and skirt around certain subject. "I ask that those of you who desire to be warriors let me know." With that said the dark mare fell silent and looked at Ophelia before glancing to the pale stallion that had arrived last. It wasn't until Ophelia said his name that Ktulu remembered him. It felt like forever ago that she had been a foal with crooked legs playing in the Tides.

Icon by Tay

Avira Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A
pegasus | mare | 15.2hh | 8 years | unclaimed

Though there were many to acknowledge her focus remained on Tor and Ophelia. Few times did her gaze wander from them, curiosity striking at her. Avira could feel the painfully kind hope in Phi and Tor. The two mares ones the brown mustang could handle in conversation. Ktulu, and the rest simply seemed maybe intimidating or just plain too different. A conflict within her heart. She wasn't one to judge what others personality found but she confined to being with those that had the upbeat bright ones.

A nod in return to Ophelia. What did she want to do with the Grey? What was the Grey anyways? Soon before she had to question the white mare, Avira was answered. Her mouth shut and she simply listened. Absorbing all the information she could. A watchful eye as the black leader had continued the speech after her sister. Avira saw the good of the group, the intelligence of how these two (obvious twin sisters) had brought together the thoughts. "Ophelia, I find that I would best be suited for your side, as healing is my wish from birth. Though I do not possess the magical abilities, for I wish somehow I could though."

Crow Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Balthazar 'Crow'
In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

The white beast stomped his foot, listening to the words around him. The mare Ophelia spoke words of mercenaries and warriors. What service would they provide? Any creature to title themselves as such seemed to instill the feelings of a brutal end. A tender violence shrouded the words, making them seem as nothing other than a job that needed to be done. Something as simple as grooming oneself, or drinking from a river. Though he would rather receive intelligence, and his whole worth was blatantly against killing, he would do what was necessary. If it meant protecting the weak, he would gladly wet the earth with blood, though not his first choice. He would have to watch the way these warriors moved, learn to mimic their grace and strength. Sure, he could throw his weight around and probably cause some damage, but he wanted to learn precision and technique.

Crow leaned in with Tor, his silver pools full of tenderness for the mare who gave him words. His eyes then met Ophelia's, full of bitterness towards himself he couldn't share his thoughts. He knew he would be of no use without any sort of voice. He didn't believe these legends of gods and magic, as he had yet to find anyone to prove the stories. He would just have to keep faith. But until then, he hoped the beautiful Tor could translate. He threw back his powerful neck, his broad head held high and strong. He stomped both obsidian hooves, them landing sturdy and straight beneath him. He cast his silver eyes down to the red fringed mare. To serve is an honor, He thought in his head. He stood like a soldier, ready for a word to accept him, or cast him away like a stone, like most others he had come across had. He had come to the point of his life that he needed a purpose. His entire existence had been weak, barred in a world of silence. Now was his time to make more of himself. And if he was refused, the idea played through his mind of threatening Ktulu, barreling towards her in hopes she would hit home with the ivory and red spear that rested upon her brow like a crown. He shook the image from his head.

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

image by ferran-jorda @ flickr.com</style>

The wolf had caught the attention of the lady dressed in black, though perhaps not in the way he expected. Feeling the weight of crimson red crushing his skin, golden eyes turn forward and abrupt to meet her gaze. A face like a nightmare, creases in places marking what he would assume was criticism. However, the disgust that had often reflected in the faces of strangers was not present; it would not be a stretch to say this Ktulu did not find him to be a delight. "Oofffffeeeeee," Comadre trills from his back even as the great wolf stares back at the constrictor with a simple, unmoving expression. Unable to contain his excitement a moment longer, the little black dragon leaps from his bonded's shoulder and crawls over to sit next to the cloven hooved Ophelia, purple eyes glistening up at her adoringly. The black smiles at the infant silver, remembering him from their short meeting in the Foothills.

The hybrid's eyes only drag away from Ktulu's face as the pale white unicorn begins to speak. His golden eyes find the two opposing colors amid a sea of white, remembering how they had once been frame by a tiny charcoal face. The words shake his reverie, knocking him back to face one who was no longer a child but a leader. She had become something in her time here on earth, while the wolf had remained little more than a dog. "I see," his deep baritone says quietly, before nodding in response to her offer. "Thank you." Thoughts run rampant though his mouth moves little, and only the small black dragon holds audience with the feral creature suited in thick fur.

There had been a time when Osiris had fought for a cause, but that was years before in the land of Isilme. The charming yet corrupt stallion masked by a bleached skull curled his fingers around his mind and offered him a friendship that was little more than sick fascination. It was not that the wolf was too stupid to realize, but loneliness often damages the pride of such a creature. Since finding Comadre's egg nestled in the roots of a tree, however, the hybrid had not been in such desperate need to company. He had fought for an unjust cause, but what did they fight for? The underhanded, the weak, the miserable, or those simply to vain to fight for themselves? He was uncertain, but looking up at a face like pure white snow, Osiris knew he held one thing to be true: Ophelia offered true friendship. He was not one to slap such honest kindness away.

Are you sure you want to do this, Osiris? the dragon asks, gazing over from Ophelia's hooves toward the large wolf in the clearing. "I would be willing to try my luck as a warrior once more, if you will have me," a strange emotion lurking in his throat, but it was an honest answer as any.
""

osiris </style>
Out of my blood, he'll breed revengement and a scourge for me.</style>