the Rift

if you go out you might pass out in a drain pipe [vol vs aelfwine]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A

CHAMPAGNE, COCAINE, GASOLINE, AND MOST THINGS IN BETWEEN
I ROAM THE CITY IN A SHOPPING CART, A PACK OF CAMELS AND A SMOKE ALARM

There is a part of the blackened monolith that thinks she won't take him up on his offer. Not because he doubts she has balls, but because accepting such a challenge from a man of his powerful stature and intimidating presence is not something that most people will take lightly. He wouldn't hold anything against her for politely declining and offering to engage at a different time....but he is deeply, gutturally thrilled when she chooses to face him now. The beast's eyes darken with salacious delight, his neck arching and his limbs shuddering with frenzied anticipation as he gazes upon his date-turned-opponent.

Volterra is always eager to fight new opponents under different circumstances; in snow, in storms, in rain, in caves. Fighting whilst under the influence of fermented apples is certainly a new one, a handicap he's gleefully inflicted upon himself. His gaze is fuzzy, his limbs leaden and slow; he isn't past the point of coherent thought, but he can definitely feel that he is not fully himself. The good thing is that his opponent will surely be feeling similar effects.

The titan looks again at the antlered mare, but forces himself to see past the rampant beauty that stares him in the face and instead focus on the subtle things that make a warrior. She's well-built, noticeably smaller than him but still sturdy enough to pack a punch. He sees power, he sees muscle, he sees a woman brimming with battle potential. He thinks he has the edge on her in strength - he has the edge on almost everybody in that - but would hazard a guess that her build is suited to agility and endurance. She'll be able to weave around him like a spiderweb, and meet him blow for blow.

He digests his observations and flashes her a wolf's smile, excitement brimming across every aspect of his handsome face and shuddering inside every hardened muscle. Their battlefield is unremarkable; flat and devoid of obstacles, soft enough to cushion limbs yet hard enough to not suck hooves into its depths. It is ideal, almost as though the gods of war have chosen to smile upon the duelling duo.

She paws the ground like a bull ready to charge, and charge she does. The leviathan stands his ground, confident that she won't be able to topple him even if she collides full-force into him. Unfortunately, he doesn't bank on those antlers of hers. He should have been aware of them given the fact she's already scraped him with them once, and perhaps if his brain was fully lucid and apple-free then he would have thought to consider them. Alas, the alcohol convinces him that they aren't that big a deal, that they won't hurt that much if they hit...

Big mistake.

Just in time, the Gladiator realises that maybe it's not the best idea to take the full brunt of the attack. He shifts to his right, and that stops him taking the complete force of Aelfwine's antlers; they do, however, gore deeply into his left shoulder. Blood erupts and splatters down his leg, and he unleashes a loud snort of mingled pain and surprise. He stares at the gaping wound with something akin to disbelief, as though marvelling at the fact she'd actually managed to hit him with such force. The wound is deep enough to somewhat limit the movement in his left foreleg, and he silently berates himself for taking such a painful wound so early on.

He remembers his vow to teach her, and tries to shake off his pain with a flick of his head and replace his startled expression with one of lazy confidence. "That was good. Your antlers are one of your strongest assets, so it's wise to use them often. Now, when I move to attack you, watch my body carefully. A flex of a muscle can tell you which way I'm going to go, which part of you I'm going to attack. Observe me, and try to avoid my attacks."

The goliath lunges. He favours his injured left foreleg, putting less weight on it and causing his stride to become crooked and off-balance. Using it to attack with is not an option, so he seeks to simply approach her head-on with his chest thrust out. His movements are deliberately exaggerated to try and show her what he's planning; he seeks to slam his chest hard into her own, wanting to force her backwards with his superior weight and hopefully unbalance her.

Simultaneously his jaws snap forwards in slow motion to give her ample chance to see and avoid them; he hopes to nip the left side of her neck, a forceful and lustful love-bite aimed to dominate.

Teaching spar for @Aelfwine !

1/3 - 786 words

image credits

TEACHING NOTES

Grammar/Prose/Emotion Needless to say, I absolutely love how you write and could see no errors in this post. Every thing flowed nicely and it was clear, concise and easy to read. You write Aelf beautifully and I loved her nervousness turning to confidence.

The first thing I always say in teaching spars is to make sure you proof-read. Cutting out simple typos and spelling errors is one of the easiest ways to avoid losing silly points, and can make the difference between victory and defeat. It's good that you're already doing that, so make sure you keep it up during your other posts too ^_^

Attacks Your attack was simple and well-written - my only small complaint is that I can't see anywhere that it mentions what part of her body she's using to attack with. Your OOC part says her antlers but it doesn't actually say this in the post that I can see - make sure you specify what part of her body she's using so that you don't get deductions for realism :D

Damage taken N/A. How much do you know about the stats system? I'm happy to explain it all to you but if you can let me know how much you already know about how the damage rolls etc work, I can alter my notes accordingly :)

Other You did a good job noticing the battlefield and how it may affect you, which is great :D You also had her note Vol's size, but you could definitely go into this a bit more and have her observe the differences between their builds. To do this, go into their profiles and look at their base stats. Vol's are Strength: 9, Speed: 5, Agility: 6, Endurance: 6. Aelf's are 5,2,7,6. So you could have her remark on the fact that she's more agile than him and ponder how she will use that to her advantage, and she could also note that they seem to possess similar stamina so will probably tire at the same rate :)

Overall, a solid first post. Good job!

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: if you go out you might pass out in a drain pipe [vol vs aelfwine] - by Volterra - 02-25-2017, 03:24 PM