the Rift

[OPEN] life is a adeventure [Joining]

Kiri Posts: 12
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0hh :: 3
Bonita

Kiri

Long legs on her lean form of auburn and copper mixed with a layer of ashen chocolate easily trotted over the ground beneath her as she made her way along a trail towards what others called ‘Worlds Edge’. She had spoken to a stranger before about it and wanted to see what things are like there. Her greenish-brownish eyes scanning her surroundings, taking in every possible thing she can. Her steps are taken with purpose and vigor. Her hips sway gracefully and fluidly with each striking step.

She watches the prints in the soft moist ground as she follows the path towards the gate to the edge of the world as they say she assumes. She hears the humming of the bugs, the songs of the birds, and the dull whistle of the trees as everything around her seems to be awakening in a world that she knows so little about. She had lived in a world of perpetual summer for so long that everything seemed to be magical and to be coming alive .

Of course her lost family is always on her mind. She misses them dearly and one day she vows to return to them or bring them her so that they can know what it is like to live here. As she approaches the gate she confidently casually speaks in a tone of childish delight.

Hello….World’s Edge. May I enter your gates and learn about your home?

Talk

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

In a way, it really is the end of the world. There is more beyond this place, of course. Many of the residents of the Edge came from those places beyond. But sometimes she can stand on the cliff and look into the horizon and believe for a moment there is nothing else but sky and sea and eventually, nothing. It’s a beautiful place, captivating albeit dangerous. Perhaps in some way the danger of the cliff is part of what makes it beautiful. There is beauty in a storm, and moreso the sky after it. Perhaps the real beauty is in surviving, in moving on, in learning to live again.

With Frostfall long behind her, and Birdsong nearly at an end, she finds she is able to move on again. To live, to believe Helovia is home. Today, she is wandering the forest, taking some time for herself instead of tending the garden as she so often is. A voice catches her attention, a polite almost child-like voice coming from the gate, asking permission to enter. Lyanna turns her course, weaving through the trees easily until to spots the brown antlered mare at the gates. Intricate and impressive tattoos adorn her face, and Lyanna’s eyes linger a moment in appreciation before she nods to the other mare.

Her smile is friendly and her eyes kind as always. “Welcome to the Edge,” she says easily. So many have come to their borders lately, and Lyanna wonders where they all come from. How many wanderers and refugees Helovia can hold. “I’m Lyanna, and I’d be happy to show you around. Are you here just for a tour, or perhaps to stay?” Either is fine with her. Her monarchs don’t seem to mind her showing kindness to others herds, leading them on a tour of the Edge. But still, she is curious.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Kiri Welcome to the Edge!

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Outcast
Bonita

Kiri

Kiri stood there for a time and nibbled on the grasses occasionally and watched birds and such move through the trees. She saw a snake at one point slowly move through the grass rustling the leaves near it which caught her attention. It would stop occasionally, flicking its tongue, before moving further towards a rock. Kiri focused her attention to this creature. She had heard tales of them but on her island they had no snakes. It was far enough away to cause her no harm. Should I leave it? Kill it? What if it tries to kill me? Mom always said their bite kills. Horses bites don’t kill.

She didn’t get the chance to decide when a black and blue pegasus approached. Finally someone is here! Kiri grinned handsomely at the thought and took a step towards the stranger and nickered. Her figure is certainly feminine and more developed than Kiri’s. Kiri is not massive but stands slightly taller than the mare. The mare’s eyes are the most striking thing to Kiri. Kiri cannot help but stare perhaps rudely or inappropriately right into them. Keep in mind Kiri is not meaning this in any sense of attraction besides knowing what a pretty thing is when she sees one.

Kiri pulls it together with a few blinks or her greenish eyes enough to reply.

Thank you Lyanna. My name is Kiri. I have come here in hopes of a home near the ocean like I had before I arrived here.

Kiri looks to the ground and then the sky thinking about how she so suddenly lost her family. She keeps reminding herself about what the mare in the threshold told her, that she might find a way back somehow even though it will be difficult. Kiri just can’t decide if she would rather be there or here. Well Kiri has to start somewhere and this seems as good as any. Kiri looks again to the mares stunning teal accents thinking how pretty everyone one is here. So pretty.

Talk

@Lyanna Thank you! Happy to be here. :)
@Manon Sorry for just posting over here. Things got crazy in my life and I just wanted to get Kiri over here. Actually didn't check to see if anyone had responded to the post in the threshold before posting here. Sorry about that. If you want to respond to this one feel free.

Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

She never thinks much on the color of her eyes. Her whole family had had teal eyes, and she’s grown up looking at them. Perhaps she should have thought more of them, remembered what they had stood for. But if she did that, she would remember all the trouble the teal in her eyes and on her body had caused. A mark of royalty born in Morham, always passed down from generation to generation by some strange magic. Her mother, from a nearby land, did not have teal markings of Morham, though she wore the teal and silver crown to mark her as Queen. But her father had been born in Morham, his hair and wings and teal-dipped like hers. Corbin and Adelene, her siblings, had the color markings as well.

The stare of the girl makes her somewhat uncomfortable, though she doesn’t show it. Brings to mind too many memories, things she has tried so hard to forget. Soon enough though the girl is blinking her green eyes and pulling her stare away, and the ghost that haunt Lyanna disappear. The girl professes that she’s looking for a home near the sea, and Lyanna’s smile brightens. “We’d love to have you. The sea is admittedly a little ways down a cliff, but the view is magnificent. Come in, and I can show you.”

She steps aside, welcoming the mare in through the gate with a nod of her head. Making sure the girl is following, Lyanna sets off through the forest, heading for the cliff and the view of the ocean that comes with it. “Do you have any interest in a job here? You can join a rank now, if you’d like, or later. Or never.” She adds with a bit of a laugh and a wink. There were some that just lived here. Lyanna had thrown herself into work, but it had been the distraction she’d needed when she arrived in Helovia. Kept her busy, kept her mind off the past. And then somehow her job as healer simply became a part of her, and she couldn’t imagine not doing it now.  

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Kiri

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

Outcast
Bonita

Kiri

Kiri feels warm inside as the mare responds and then turns. Kiri is delighted that it seems this easy to meet someone new. Perhaps Lyanna might be a friend one day. She certainly is quickly becoming the closest thing Kiri has to one right now. Kiri nickers to Lyanna as she follows the mare through the gates. I wonder what they need such big gates here for? It seems so peaceful. Hooves pressed into the ground leaving prints and chunks of mud tossing into the air behind her. She tossed her head childishly with the biggest grin across her tattooed cheeks. Just one big adventure.

I would help my mother craft things at home but I am tall and strong so the two leggeds would ride my father and I into battles with neighboring tribes. That is how I earned the tattoos on my face. I helped lead my family into victories.

She looked past Lyanna as the trees seemed to part ways and the ocean opened before them. Kiri let out a delighted cry as she trotted to the edge of the cliff. Her hazel eyes reflecting the light on the waters. She breathed the salty air slowly, her striped shoulders moving with the flow of fresh air.

Ina te ora o te tangata. It does remind me of home Lyanna. Naku te rourou nau te rourou ka ora ai te iwi. It means with your basket and my basket the people will live. I won’t be able to call this home unless I contribute.

Kiri looked over to Lyanna.

What do you do here?

Talk
(ina te ora o te tangata means this is the essence of life)

@Lyanna

Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

Lyanna remembers her own introduction to Helovia. Alysanne had found her on the border, and had become mentor and friend. When Alysanne was promoted to Queen, Lyanna was promoted to take Aly’s place as Moon Doctor. She had followed so neatly in her savior’s footsteps, and had never even told Aly just how important that had been. How much Lyanna had needed a friendly face that day, a path to following. Go figure that they happened to be nearly the same color as well.

She cannot bring herself to treat those on the border looking for sanctuary any differently than she had been treated. She knows what might bring them here, knows that pain and ghosts and misery may lie behind them. She knows that sometimes you cannot look back. To look back for her means death. There was only one option for her – to move forward. Alysanne had given her a way to do that. The Edge had given her a way to do that.

Kiri answers quickly, offering some information of her past, and Lyanna keeps an ear flicked in her direction as she leads the mare to the cliff. “Two leggeds?” she asks, curious, hoping she’s not overstepping her bounds. But she truly doesn’t know what the mare is talking about, and though she believes anything in possible, she’s simply curious to know what that anything might be.

“We have crafters and warriors here. Either rank would be happy to have you. Our General is known as the Sparklight. Our Glaziers, or lead crafters, are Mesec and Grassovel. I can point you in any of their directions, if you want.” As she finishes, the trees part, and Lyanna goes silent as the mare trots off to the edge of the cliff. She follows behind more slowly, giving Kiri a moment to enjoy the view alone before she comes to stand beside her. “That’s beautiful,” she says. “With your basket and my basket,” she repeats quietly, tasting the phrase in her mouth.

Then the topic turns to her, and Lyanna smiles a bit more. “I’m a Moon Doctor here, so you come to me with any ailments or injuries. There are three of us total. Tilney and Sacre are the other two. And we have others in the ranks as well who learn of herbs and gardening with us.” She could talk of healing forever, truthfully. It had given her a purpose when she’d had none, and she’d thrown herself into it. But she stops there, realizing she’s given the poor girl a flood of information already.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Kiri

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki