the Rift

[OPEN] Despite My Job, I Feel Free (Patrol)

Nitika Posts: 17
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 4 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Lizzy
From the moment Nitika had stepped hoof upon the tip of the Heavenly Fields following the general's instructions to journey there, she felt like a different horse. Never before had she seen something like this, nor had she ever gone through such a journey to get there. After departing from World's Edge, the mare made her way through the foothills and towards the cliff edges, where the path to the Heavenly Fields lay. It had taken her a number of days, and curses from slipping on the rocky slope due to an uneven rock, to reach her destination, but finally, she had, and was completely awestruck.

The far-stretching grass was like heaven beneath her hooves as she finally got off the rocky path. She could practically taste it through the sweet smell her nostrils caught on the wind, and for a moment, she was tempted to put her job on hold and graze, eager to taste what had to be delicious. However, she was here for something; Roskuld had assigned her on patrol here, and she had to complete her job before taking a break of any kind.

Still, that didn't mean she couldn't have a little fun. Letting out a joyful whinny, Nitika kicked up her hind legs and galloped for a stretch of the field, enjoying the wind racing against her. Her mane was blown back from the speed she was running, her powerful legs thundering against the ground. Her nostrils flared as she breathed in and out to supply her lungs with the necessary air to keep her running at this speed, her chest heaving with the effort.

Finally, when she was done for the time being, Nitika slowed to a halt and reared up. She kicked out her front legs happily, glad that she'd gotten that out of her system. Now a bit more content, the mare focused on her task at hoof. Giving her head a light shake to brush her mane out of her eyes, Nitika picked up a trot, traversing the meadow grass and looking around for anything that she would need to report to Roskuld when the paint mare was done here.

@Roux Just in case you would like to join.

Hearth Posts: 22
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 8 (FF) HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Locks
Hearth

Here was a familier place and, just as I have many times before, I lay in the lush grasses that flourished all around with my great wings cast beside me, unfurled in lazy assortment to their farthest  length to best bathe in the light and heat of the summer sun. Yet here, despite its nearness to the sky realm, it is mild unlike the lower lands are and the breezes are cool and gentle on the tassels of my mane and skin as they pass over me and make song lashing the tall grasses in perpetual waves in every direction. It is this song that I listen to and so drift from time to time into blissful daydreams following the shafts of sunlight filtered through the stalks or watching the clouds above march ponderously onward. Resting in this mountain nest it is unsurprising that I should think of the mountains of Galla, my once home, and the halls of the Higher sept, my name-sisters and brothers, and all the memories encompassed there. In no order or particular reason I reminisce over my history and familiar faces as I dream, trading one moment for the next with every flick of grass and shadow that passed over me. 

I know not how long I remained like this, I had no reason to keep track unhurried as I was and with no purpose to deploy this day, yet my attention was caught when I felt through the earth the hammer of hoofbeats. Soon enough my ears caught the sound of a gleeful neigh and I knew at once I was in company. Carefully I gathered my feet beneath me and withdraw my great wings slowly to my side, careful not make sudden movements in hopes of not startling whomever roamed nearby as I once had the uncomfortable moment of nearly being trampled on by a pass-byer. Much as I liked to sunbath Helovians did not seem to expect the habit, or rather my expression of it,  however this time fared better by far. The stranger was a ways off from me but well within hearing distance. 

Being a wanderer I am well accustomed and unafraid of being on my own, yet be that the truth of the matter I am not against company should the opportunity arise. Feeling friendly I call out to the stranger and begin my approach over to them, soon making the other equine to be a painted mare.

" Lo, stranger."I say in fair greeting with a curt nod of my head to honor her. "High in spirits I find you, high I hope you keep. Lore says happiness finds those who come here, or some easement at least, lest the name 'Heavenly fields' be misplaced."  While in truth I had not heard such a line spoken by a native I saw no harm in saying so, being more of an opinion of my make in any case. 
" I give you Hearth to know me by. What name have you to share, young one?"

"blahblahblah."
Hearthfire
Image Credit

@Nitika
  • Permission granted to harm Hearth and use magic against her, but withhold from dismemberment and death.

• Also, please tag Hearth in Threads!