the Rift

[OPEN] What lies on the island [joining?]

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
Syrena
let the water take me
She isn’t sure why she’s going to the Throat right now. Because she’s a little bit curious, maybe. Because she doesn’t have anything else to do, more likely. Because Thea keeps going south despite Syrena’s protests, definitely. The thing about having a broken companion is that it’s very hard to wrangle, since the creature just keeps changing shapes. Syrena will back her into a corner, and Thea just turns into a bird. Or Syrena will stick her in front of a large river, and Thea decides to be any manner of fish.

So they keep going South. It’s already hot down here, though to be fair, she’d been way up north before and the temperature difference alone is jarring. Despite the fact she spent a whole lot of time walking as slowly as possible through the middle of Helovia, where the temperature suited her most. Where home should have been. But she had no home now, and she secretly wonders if that is why Thea is currently dragging her south. Not that her companion has any way of knowing what’s south, but rather, just getting Syrena to do something other than mope.

Eventually, they come to the shore, the Throat visible across the sea. For a moment, she simply stops, the waves lapping against her legs, the water cool and refreshing, her skin turning blue and green beneath its touch. Thea, currently in some dog-like form (a coyote, maybe?), stops at the water and stares at it for a moment. “Now what? We can’t go there.” She says to Thea, knowing her companion can’t understand her words but can understand the emotion behind them.

Thea stares at her with those purple eyes for a moment before splashing into the water defiantly, turning into a coy when the water is deep enough. “Thea,” she says, her voice deadpan, but warning coursing through their bond. “We can’t go there. And besides, I’m not taking you anywhere as a damn fish.” Which of course only encourages Thea, who turns herself into a goldfish, swimming in annoyed circles near her bonded. But at least she was smart enough to stop trying to trespass on another herd.

Syrena should leave, she knows. But she doesn’t. Curiosity (most Thea’s, but a little her own) holds her feet in the water, wondering what lies on that island out there. Wondering if they’d let her see it.

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

Syrena maybe wants to join, if ya'll want a grouch.

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Patrick Posts: 31
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.0 (wfg) :: 6 months
LovellaTorendo
P
A
T
R
I
C
K

Patrick spends much more time on the shore opposite the Throat than he does within it these days it seems. Unfortunately, he has developed a bad habit of getting himself locked out but luckily he does find that opposite shore quite interesting and he has sort of appointed himself as an unofficial gate-guard anyway. Today he is wandering along the sands, stopping now and then to dig around at a glittery spot that might prove to be something worth collecting. Because of all this digging, his buttery hide is quite well coated in sand by the time he comes upon the strangers.

At first sighting them he pauses with one hoof half raised in his next step. His pale blue eyes study them carefully up and down, down and up. The smaller canine creature receives that distant inspection first and a quick sweep over the furry body brings a grand grin to the lad's face before his gaze flits to the equine beside beast. She is a solid, relatively large but not ungraceful adult. Her coloring is nothing unusual, at least not at first but then her hooves wander into the water and he watches a change come over her with eyes widening. The boy is riveted now and with no further thought on the matter he scampers across the space between them.

He arrives behind the mare, just far enough back to be outside of effective kicking range, in time to here the second round of protests and insistent "we can't go there"s.

I wonder why this lady is so firm on the can't go aspect of her visit to my home's boarders. Are there adults in the Throat who don't like her? I can't think why. There is something about her that kind of reminds me of Teeea and I can't imagine anyone not liking someone like Teeea. Also, she has a Woof friend and everyone I've ever met with a Woof friend is good... at least I think so. I should tell her she can go if she wants too, or at least ask why she thinks she can't, I guess... since I am exactly able to let her in without help.

The colt clears his throat and chirps up from behind the pair.

"Why?"

He has also arrived just in time to discover that the "Woof" companion has become a leaping, golden fish. This brings a surprised gasp that quickly turns to a gleeful squeal and rush of words.

"Ooooo!!!! Your Woof changes too! Wow! Pat thought only Izzy could!"

In his glee the boy quite forgets any attempt he was making at leaving polite space between himself and the stranger. He shuffles to the right and creeps up along side the equine woman eyes firmly fixed on that not-fish fish.

Image Credit || TABLE BY SEVIN

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
and it's our time now if you want it to be
maul the world like the carnival bear set free

He's returning from patrolling the dead marshes of Kaos's homeland when he spots her. Yet again, it has been a fruitless trip; no matter how hard he searches, no matter how much energy he expends hunting every inch of the Marsh for signs of how to defeat the bone monster and its master, he comes up empty handed. It is infuriating, galling, even moreso now he has a herd to protect. It is his duty as Sultan to find out Kaos' weakness and destroy him, to etch his name into Helovian folklore and ensure that the Dragon's Throat enters an unparalleled era of Kaos-free opulence.

The titan's mind is fraught, then, as he returns home. His key jangles in his mane, ready to summon the wings of flame that will carry him across the ocean to his domain. That is when he sees her. She lingers on the water's edge, joined by some sort of coyote-thing; before Volterra's very eyes, the coyote shifts into a fish that darts around the mare's legs. That is accompanied by an odd alteration of the woman's colour, from dull grey to livid blue and green. The leviathan's brow lifts in interest, and he hastens the movements of his powerful limbs to bring him striding closer to her. His dragons, after giving the mare a cursory once-over, circle so far overhead that they are simply red and gold dots against the sun. It is almost as though they sense that the mare is no threat, that she is not here to try and infiltrate the Indomitable's beloved home.

Before the onyx colossus can address the stranger, a colt appears. Volterra does not know his name or parentage, but knows he is of the Throat. The child is young, but he could be a future soldier for the Throat; a future loyalist to the Indomitable's cause. "Patrolling the borders, hmm? Good work, lad." Volterra offers the colt an encouraging, if naturally stern, smile. He knows from experience that there's nothing like a compliment to inflate a young boy's ego, even if (as is probably the case) the unicorn stumbled upon the mare by accident rather than deliberately setting out to intercept her.

The Sultan turns his full attention to the blue-shaded woman, now. She is....alluring, he cannot deny it. Try as he might to resist the urges that plague his loins, to remain professional and put the good of his newly-acquired herd before his rampant lusts, Volterra is still a man and this stranger is....exquisite. He desperately focuses his gaze on her face rather than any other part of her body, adopting a neutral yet authoritative expression. "That is quite the rare companion you have there." He's only ever met one person with a shape-shifting companion - Sikeax, with her Hobgoblin. "My name is Volterra, Sultan of the Dragon's Throat. What is your business here?" His voice is an earthquake, a rumbling baritone of power and masculinity, yet it is not harsh or unkind; it is neutral, content to ascertain the mare's reason for being here before he decides on a course of action. She may wish to join, which is always a bonus - best not to frighten her off.

image credits

@Syrena

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Dragon's Throat Forger
Syrena
let the water take me
Why? says a voice, and she turns to find a boy covered in sand standing there. Why what? she wonders, trying to figure out what exactly he’s asking here. But then Thea is a fish and he’s distracted by her. Alright, at least Thea’s good for something. “You know another companion that can change?” she asks. Her voice, as always, is deadpan and her face blank. There’s nothing unkind about it, she simply knows no other way anymore. Too many disappointments in the world have left her emotions tucked far beneath the bitterness, which at least, does not leak out.

Before she can say more though, another joins them. This one a stallion, complimenting the boy. He towers over her, which is something, for she is not exactly small. His face looks more skull-like than face with the coloring, his eyes an eerie red. There is something entirely wrong about it, but then again, there is something entirely wrong about much of Helovia. She has just stopped knowing what exactly it is that’s wrong.

The Earth God had abandoned them, left them as refugees in this land. And she’d worked for him. Her, who’d hardly lifted a finger before. She’d owed him nothing, and given the God much. Kaos moved too slowly, and she found herself lost waiting to see what his next move was. Perhaps Thea knew her bonded felt this way (certainly, Thea felt everything she felt). Perhaps that is why Thea had brought her here, though how the creature knew she’d find a herd was beyond Syrena. Maybe she’d just figured she’d find something.

His attention turns to Thea, calling her valuable. His eyes seemed determinedly fixed on Syrena’s face. It has been a long time since she’s played that game with men. A long time since it served the purpose she wants, and not the one they want. But that magic is long gone from her veins. Though a King…well, he could serve other purposes. But those thoughts don’t cross her mind currently. She is too stuck in her own well of self-pity. One Thea seems determined to force her from. “Yes, I do imagine broken companions are rare,” there’s a joke in there something, though it’s not obvious from her emotionless voice. She casts a sideways glance at the goldfish, who is obviously annoyed as she darts around Syrena’s legs trying to smack her with various fins.

“Syrena, and this is Thea” she offers, once Volterra has finished his introduction. Apparently she’s managed to find the Sultan with her companion swimming around her legs acting like a brat. “Thea seemed to think it was a good idea to come. I think she’d like to live here.” She has noticed that both her greeters lack wings, so perhaps that was no longer a problem here. Though she wasn’t entirely sure if it was safe to swim from one shore to the next, though neither her nor Thea would ever mind the swim. “We would make ourselves useful, of course.” she says, not even sure why she’s saying it. Why she’s trying to start again. But the words are already out of her mouth and it’s too late to take them back.

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Patrick @Volterra

Please tag in all posts
Image by Reli

Dragon's Throat Colt
LovellaTorendo
P
A
T
R
I
C
K

She turns and her gaze falls fully upon him in a piercing cold wave that makes the boy shiver for no apparent reason.  This woman's reaction to the child is not cruel, but she does not hesitate to pinpoint the things of highest import to her.  Apparently Patrick's offhanded comment about Isabella is one such thing.  Nearly frozen in the colorful mare's very serious stare the boy pulls himself up and attempts to look just as serious.  Of course any such attempts by Patrick are likely to fail but it is clear he is trying.

I am not sure why what I said made her so suddenly intense.  It is almost creepy really.  Still, while the intensity is not as nice as Tiamat's bubbly, friendly, enthusiasm it is still attention.  Aside from that well, it is not often I get to be the one telling the stories.  So, I am more than happy to answer her question as seriously as I can possibly manage.

"Yep!  Pat's Pop has spotty-cat, flying-deer, woof changer.  She named Izzy, stays with Pop all times."

He remains standing tall before the woman for another few seconds which must have been agonizing for him.  Soon though he is fidgeting because he just can't help it. This fidgeting leads to another attempt at getting closer to the fishy companion which allows him to see a patch of a scaled leg at eye level, if still somewhat respectfully distant...

"Ooo... pretty!"

He is stretching his muzzle towards that shiny patch on her leg when a third voice booms from above causing him to freeze mid-motion again.  At first he tries to tip his head up and look backwards that way which, naturally, doesn't work at all.  Defeated he turns with a sigh and, having apparently now processed the words meant for him, immediately springs to a tall straight stance chest puffing slightly.

"Yep, Mister King-Sir!  Pat watch gate, all times! Errr... Pat not have key though 'cause just kid..."

The ending admission seems to deflate him a little but by this time the two adults are more or less focused on each other along with the important business of being adults.  So, the boy goes back to watching and listening as he does so well.  Blue eyes pass over the king, who he has encountered before though not quite this closely.  He is indeed a big stallion, not just in height but over all, with a simple dark coat and clean white marks that would catch attention anywhere.  Though of course the red eyes and dragons, yes dragons in plural, are the most attention catching things about him.  These dragons have not bothered to make the force of their presence known yet, but this child of the Throat has seen such beasts often enough to know what hoovering colored dots in the sky must mean.

After following the dots in their dizzying circles for a minute or two the boy shifts to watching the mare again.  Once more he notes her brilliant colors but he is clearly most taken with those shining scales and of course the curious companion.

I have seen this King before.  Most recently when the golden Sun God appointed him and a few times when he was not King, in meetings and such.  He was also present during in a very memorable instance involving spiders.  Thoughts of that weird day bring to mind an older boy with a similar white face and red eyes.  I wonder if this is that boy's Pop.  I will have to ask, if I get the chance...

I still think this mare is very interesting looking and I hope she stays so I can talk to her and find out if she is as interesting sounding as she is looking.  Of course there is her little friend too.  I've never seen anyone else who can do what Izzy can... except for that white-face boy, I could have sworn he was a bird right before he talked to me.  The whole ant attack thing could have been playing with my head though, or maybe it just doesn't count because he is a horse, or hmmm...

The colt is quiet and well mannered right up until the point where the mare makes a comment about her companion being broken.  This brings a gasp from the attentive listener.

"Izzy NOT broken!"

His voice sounds both indignant and perhaps even mildly insulted.

"If Izzy not broken, fish-friend not broken too."

These last words are spoken in a confidant, matter-of-fact tone that will accept no argument and his face as it turns back to Syrena is harboring something very much like a frown.

@Volterra

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

He offers the colt a small smile. "I'm sure a key will find its way to you in due time," he says reassuringly. The keys are precious and not to be given to foals, but once the lad is older he is sure something will be arranged.

Syrena refers to her companion as broken, and the titan raises an eyebrow. He supposes that he may have thought similar if one of his dragons had changed shape before his eyes, but to call it broken? He leaves the subject be for now, though, whilst idly thinking of Hobgoblin and his many form-changes. It would be a useful talent to have, albeit slightly mystifying for anybody who happened to meet the creature before realising that it was a shapeshifter.

The sea-mare introduces herself and her companion, and reveals that it was the fish's idea to come here. An interesting concept, although Volterra dreads to think where he would have ended up living if he'd allowed his dragons to make the decision for him. "A pleasure to meet you, Syrena. Welcome to the herd." He sees no reason not to accept her, and his decision seems vindicated when she adds that she would like to make herself useful. He is pleased to hear it - their ranks are pitifully empty, owing to the large amount of foals in the herd. That needs changing if he wishes to solidify and build his empire to greatness.

"Where do your talents lie? Healing, fighting, crafting?" He tilts his colossal head, his ruby gaze still fixed determinedly on her face so as to resist the urge to wander across her very attractive body.

image credits

@Syrena

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

Dragon's Throat Forger
Syrena
let the water take me
She doesn’t mean to be intense, or mean to ignore his question. But she doesn’t know what the boy’s question was about. Why? Why can’t she go to the Throat? Because it not her herdland, and she knows better than to invade. Because she has no way to cross the water here, unless she can swim. But she’s heard rumors that’s a terrible idea around here, and until she knows otherwise, she will not risk Thea. Ridiculous though her companion may be, Thea is hers, and Syrena has no plans to let the creature get hurt.

The boy answers her with more cheer than she can really handle, but she tries, attempting to look…what. Softer? She’s not sure what she’s supposed to look like. Thea changes instead, switching to a sea lion and making her way over to Patrick with interest. She twirls about through his legs, encouraging, playing. Maybe she will come in handy, after all. Because Syrena is lost. Without Thea, she’d still be standing at the ocean’s edge in the Endless Blue, or trying to watch Kaos from a safe distance away. Because without the Falls, she didn’t know what else to do, or where to go.

Volterra may find it strange that she follows her companion and not the other way around (not that she knows this), but it’s better than falling back into her old bitterness. She’s been lost there too long. And Thea can sense it; can sense whenever Syrena is out of her depth. And there she is, coming to the rescue. “I would like to meet your Pop and Izzy, if I can.” she says, trying very hard to sound eager. It falls flat, but she’s trying. But she does have questions, because she really has no idea what Thea is. Or why Pat only lists three forms, because Thea seems to flit through a hundred in a day.

“Thank you,” she says, pretty sure he’s complimenting her scales. Still, her voice is flat, but she tries to add sincerity. Because something about the small compliment makes her feel more like her, like the siren she once was and lost all too easily. Perhaps too if Volterra’s eye’s roamed, she would remember who she had been.

The boy and the King talk of keys, and she listens for a moment before adding her own questions. “The keys are how you get across? Does everyone without one just get stuck on the island until someone lets them off and on?” Because she admittedly does not like that. She would rather swim. Maybe Thea can just pick something with wings so only Syrena will get eaten by whatever’s in the water. Because she’s not getting herself stuck anywhere.

Well she is, because she’s already asked to stay. But she’d like to not get stuck.

The joke is lost on the boy, and possibly Volterra (though she can’t tell, he just ignores it). She doesn’t blame them, she’s no good with jokes. Though she’s still convinced her companion is somewhat broken. Not necessarily in a bad way. But still broken. She tries to smile at the boy, saying “Well that’s good to know. I’ve never seen a companion like mine.” It’s her best attempt at an explanation. Thea just keeps swimming around the boy, ignoring the conversation at hand now.

And then, just like that, they welcome her to the herd. It surprises her and doesn’t. Surprises, because who wants a refugee who came here as a second choice? And not, because the Falls had given her a home without any questions asked either. “I served the Falls before…” she trails off for a moment, looking for the right words. “Before Kaos came,” she finally says, thinking it’s the most diplomatic answer she can give. “As their Storyteller, but I had crafting magic. I rather liked it, and I would like to pursue crafting if you have need of crafters.” She had liked her job as Storyteller as well, but she couldn’t bring herself to serve the Gods so closely anymore. What would she say to the Sun God if she called him? It wouldn’t be good, for she trusted none of them anymore. Sticking to crafting seemed like her safer bet.

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Patrick @Volterra

Please tag in all posts
Image by Reli

Dragon's Throat Colt
LovellaTorendo
P
A
T
R
I
C
K

Syrena indicates an interest in the boy's information and Patrick chooses to hear what is said rather than the dead tone behind it.  Of course, he is always more than happy to talk about any member of his family so the woman's suggestion that she would like to meet one of them, sincere or not, pleases the boy.

"Yep! Pat intro.. intra... interd... inta-duck-ed... er, show!  Pop nice an' Izzy like all horses, no problem!"

The tall, dark King, while clearly most interested in the mare, does not entirely ignore the child standing between them.  When the lad admits what he appears to view as a failing Volterra is quick to take the fatherly roll of reassurance.  Patrick, never one to stay down about most things for long, allows himself to be reassured.

"Right, 'course! Pat good at waiting."

He says this brightly and answers the stallion's small smile with a much larger grin.  Around this point in the conversation the colt is really pulled in by the antics of the shape-shifting companion who is now a sea lion and no longer keeping any distance at all from the youngest of the three horses.  He squeals in glee at the sight of this newest form and put's his head down to her though one ear remains tipped towards the adults and the words passing between them.

"Nice! What's it?"

Of course the creature isn't going to respond, at least not in an obvious way. I've learned over time that this isn't because they don't like me or because I've said the wrong thing, it is simply that they can't for one reason or another.  Still, I haven't been able to break myself of the habit of speaking to companions directly rather than through their partners.  It just seems more polite... at least, if I were a companion I would appreciate it I think.

His head remains lowered towards Thea as the words of the scaled mare turn to keys.  Her question brings an unconcerned grunt from the boy, even though it isn't exactly directed at him.

"Pat just tag behind. Adults all going in, out, all time.  No seem to mind."

Clearly it hasn't occurred to him that another adult might not be quite as content to simply trail along behind as a young boy is.  Now he has to turn away from Thea because her partner is speaking to him directly again.  It is something of an explanation about her previous comment, the one that had seemed to bother him. For a moment his ears flick back and forth in uncertainty.  Then, rather than just accepting or not, he decides to attempt some explaining of his own.

"Pat have pointy thing on head not like Seah, not like King."

This is punctuated by an attempt to look cross eyed at the slowly growing horn on his head which he then points in turn at both the colorful woman and the large stallion.

"Pop have feathers, Pop's sis have feathers, not like Pat.  Pat not broken, Pop not broken, Pop's sis not broken.  Thea not broken just 'cause not like dragons or woofs, or bird-head cat-foots. Dragons good, woofs good, bird-head cat-foots good, Thea good too... k?"

The pale blue eyes blink earnestly up at the mare as his head tilts quizzically to the side.  Of course, this can't be something he worked out all on his own. Growing up in a family who are all quite different from him in one way or another he has no doubt had to have differences and the fact that they don't, or shouldn't, really matter explained to him on multiple occasions.  That repetition has made it more or less second nature to him now.  At least he is doing a good job of making it seem that way.  He is clearly more than happy to share this knowledge, in his simplified and childish manner, as if it were his own discovery though.

When it is decided that Syrena will be welcomed the boy grins yet again but drifts quickly back to his listening silence as the King begins questioning her.  Of course that silence doesn't last long, it rarely does these days.  Once the mare has answered with her preferred profession the boy pipes up again.

"Seah good chooser!  Makers never get stuck 'cause they make the key-things!"

@Volterra

She asks about the keys, and the titan nods. "Yes. We issue keys to all our adult residents without wings, though, so you may come and go as you please." He will need to assess the key situation and see how many they have in stock to give out to new members. Now the Throat is leaning away from being mostly pegasus, they need more keys than ever to give to their none-winged herdmates. Volterra himself knows how much he would abhor the notion of being trapped here, unable to leave or enter unless he happened to bump into somebody with a key.

As Syrena says that she served the Falls, the Indomitable's ears prick and his head tilts. It had been a painful and unpleasant shock for him to find out about the fate of the Falls, the herd that he'd always seen himself leading one day. After all, he is loyal to the Earth God, and it had been his dream to rule his herd. Most of all, though, he'd thought of the Falls' loyal members, left homeless by Kaos' wrath. "I was sorry to hear of the fate of your home, Syrena. If you know any other Falls members, they are more than welcome to join you here in the Throat." Volterra is not a merciful, kind or empathetic man, but he knows that he could not turn away a Falls refugee. To be left homeless after relying on a herd for so long...not everybody is suited to an outcast life, and the beast knows more than most how hard it can be.

The mare adds that she would like to be a crafter, and Volterra nods his approval. "Yes, we have need of crafters. I will place you as a crafter without magic for now, but if you prove your activity and willingness to serve the herd, you can advance to an Artisan or Forger with a rank ability." Volterra has many plans for the herd's crafters, but at the moment neither Sohalia or Cera is around. The titan hopes they will reappear, but if not then Syrena has a good chance of filling their shoes. "Do you have any other questions?"

image credits

Sorry for the wait! @Syrena

Dragon's Throat Forger
Syrena
let the water take me
She is grateful to Thea for showing the boy kindness. It is not that Syrena doesn’t want to, or means to be anything but nice. She simply fails when it comes to social graces. Too much of her life was spent alone to know just what to do in such basic, daily interactions. And in truth, too much sorrow and bitterness cling to her heart for kindness and joy to breakthrough. Deadpan and uncaring is the best she can manage, and it is better than the alternative.

“Sea lion, I think,” she says, answering Pat’s question for Thea. It would be easier when the creature could tell her just what exactly she is at the moment, but something like agreement seems to pass through their bond so Syrena figures she’s probably right. Thea is also pleased that Patrick is paying so much attention to her, and she makes something of a barking sound in agreement, attempting to answer in her own way. Syrena isn’t sure if Thea understands the boys words, so much as Syrena’s emotions and reason for the question. But either way, it seems to work.

She does not like Pat’s answer about the keys, though she doesn’t show it. Volterra’s answer is a little more acceptable, that she’d soon be given a key so she could come and go as she pleased. She simply nods in response, okay with that answer. She can wait a bit for her key, but the idea of trailing along behind others like a dog for the rest of her life was simply something she could not stomach.

Pat’s words catch her attention, back to the topic of Thea, and she listens to his logic. It’s not much better than her logic, but maybe because of that, it makes sense to her. “Yes, Thea good too.” She says, nodding in her agreement and casting a glance to the sea lion who keeps hearing her name. Those bright purple eyes flip between Patrick and Syrena.

The topic turns to the Falls though, and the Sultan seems rather genuine as he tells her he is sorry. His apology does her no good now, but she knows that it’s a social custom and that he means well by it. So she nods instead, “Thank you,” pauses for a moment before adding, “Many seem to have settled in the Edge, but if I find others still looking for a home, I will let them know.” She’d almost stayed in the Edge herself, but that drop to the sea was unbearable for her. She needed to touch it, to stand at the shores and let the waves crash against her. Thea knew her well enough to know to simply bring her to the sea, and find others.

“No, no other questions for now,” she says. She wants to spend some time in the herd, get to know the others (maybe), explore the land (definitely), and try to make it begin to feel like home. Try to stop seeing the Falls instead of this hot dessert as home. “If there are things I can help with, please don’t hesitate to ask.” She’d never loved work, but it proved to be a good distraction, to give her purpose, and that had been the best medicine she’d found in this place.

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

We can end it here if you all want :)

Please tag in all posts
Image by Reli