the Rift

got hands like an ocean, pull you out push you back in

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
the
Mother of Companions
She exhaled, trying to keep her breath steady, as she eyed the ominous black altar in the distance. She'd come here with a small patrol from the Dragon's Throat, but when nothing much seemed to be happening, they all decided to scatter to explore, so Ampere stood alone in this particular region of the decayed marsh.

When she blinked she held her eyes shut, re-imagining the last time she was here, when Kisamoa revealed itself to be Kaos. It was not a comforting memory, and wearily she re-lived the utter failure of their various attacks, of her grueling desire to continue to fight while words literally thundered in her head to fall back. In the end, that was their only option, and Ampere shuddered for that fact.

As the haunting chill left her body, her gaze slowly lifted, the hard edge of her electric gaze burrowing into the mantle Kaos had erected. "Fuck you!" she swore heatedly, feathers bristling with outrage, with helplessness. The edges of her body seemed to blur, electric sparks and the lines drawn between them seeming to replace the outline of her form instead, flicking with the raw energy the Mother of Companions contained within herself.

"You will fall" she promised, her voice even and flat, full of resolve that she held firmly between her exposed teeth.

Kygo hunkered down in her mane, afraid.

End of Birdsong, in Spectral Marsh. Open spar. 3 posts.

A: 0/3
I've been trying to fix my pride
But that shit's broken

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

She didn't know why she had ended up here; perhaps it was simply the fact that she needed to get away and take a deep breath. Or maybe it was the fact that she didn't really need to know where to go at this point. So she wandered, stepping among the rot and decay like she had always lived here. As she continued to approach the dark altar in the middle of the wasteland she began to slow down, becoming aware that those from the Dragon's Throat were present. She supposedly lived there, but with her mind so foggy and confused she didn't know what that really meant. But these were her allies right? Surely no harm could be done for having a conversation.

So she trotted up further, finally noticing a figure with supple curves that were accented by bright splashes of blue. A pegasus. Pretty. Yet when she managed to come within speaking distance, the mare shouted out a loud profanity; causing the speckled mare to flicker an ear in her direction curiously. Stopping a few feet to the right of this fiery woman she looked to her, eyebrow raised and pausing to speak,"Though that seems like an excellent offer, I'm afraid I'm confused as to who you're speaking to." Swishing her tail she instead opted to look at the black structure, studying how it stood tall among this place of chaos (heh, if only she knew). What was something like this doing here? Did this pissed off pegasus know?

She was about to ask her, but her new companion seemed awfully distracted. Finally taking this moment to fully face the mare to her left she tilted her head, hazel eyes filled with confusion as she inquired,"Who are ya talking to?"

"Talk."

WC: 295

the butterfly is proof that great darkness
can create great beauty

Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

the
Mother of Companions
A mare Ampere couldn't say she knew, but was noticeably from the Throat (sand is rather clingy), approached with an attitude far too flippant for Ampere's mood. Normally up for some good humor, especially sex-themed, the atmosphere was far too forboding to elicit anything other than a hard stare in response.

"This isn't funny," Ampere said seriously, her tone thin. "Are you even ready for this?" Her wings shot out, gesturing towards the altar in the distance. "Kaos is here and we still don't know what it wants, or what it's capable of. We know it lies, we know it has power, we know it can hurt us, and we know that we can't hurt it." Ampere huffed, her nostrils flaring with the rising ire and frustration she felt towards the "god", but was taking out on Myrrine instead.

"Do you even know how to defend yourself, or survive in any measurable way?" Ampere's gaze gave the girl a quick up and down, and her frown suggested she was clearly unimpressed. "You better learn, we'll need every able body to defeat the bastard."

Without much hesitation Ampere widened her stance and faced Myrrine head on. "Square up, you're gonna learn to fight!"

http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=26684 - rolling thread
But that shit's broken

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

Who the hell was Kaos? And why was this woman getting offended by such a simplistic comment? Tilting her head she listened curiously, genuinely fascinated by what she had to say despite what her casual stance portrayed. Yet as she grew more and more passionate, angry maybe, in her wording; Myrrine began to take a step back. Just where exactly was this going? When those blue eyes looked her up and down like a slab of meat being appraised she frowned, snorting in minor irritation. How rude. Just because she was dainty didn't mean she was afraid of a fight! Sure she had defended herself... hadn't she? Everything was foggy at this point.

"I don't think that was a very nice thing to say," she huffed, looking at the lightning woman with mock hurt before straightening her stance,"Though if you need a fight to clear up the emotions you're feeling; then I will assist you." She planted her hooves firmly into the dirt, returning the stance Ampere was offering with her own; albeit in a much more dainty way. Okay, so maybe she didn't know how to fight; but she was sure going to give it the good ol college try! Gods be with her during this time.

"Talk."

the butterfly is proof that great darkness
can create great beauty

@Ampere
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

the
Mother of Companions
Myrrine's humor was quickly extinguished, but her feelings were the least of Ampere's concerns given the greater threat facing them all. Still, Ampere had to admire her willingness to engage in battle (offended or not), even if her stance was as weak as Ampere had expected.

"Spread your weight evenly and firmly to stay balanced," Ampere instructed, wings flicking at her sides as she held them firmly against her, their sleek embrace a method of protecting them. The butterfly wings that adorned the speckles mare seemed unlikely to be able to get the pegasus aloft much less sustain a hit, and Ampere eyed them doubtfully. If this was a real fight she'd aim for them as a weak point - in comparison her feathered appendages, while not as strong as other areas of Ampere's body, could still take a hit and deliver one if needed. Fortunately for Myrrine this was not a real fight, not in the sense of incapacitating your foe and doing everything to survive. Though Ampere hoped it'd be hard enough to put a little fear into the speckled girl.

Ampere charged suddenly, her head low, tucked a bit towards her chest in defensive posture. Normally running straight at someone wasn't a good idea, but Ampere was pretty certain her blustery approach would be enough to put Myrrine on the defensive, perhaps push her back even. To add to the fierceness Ampere released an ungodly yell, and her wings lifted from her back in a posturing display of size. Beside her Ampere hauled sparks from the earth's decay, their electric whirring and popping little more than a light show and noise meant to startle and distract.

Ampere lead with her stronger side, her right lead, as she cantered forward. As her right leg extended she shoved in with her shoulder, attempting to ram Myrrine in the space between her neck and left shoulder. Meanwhile Ampere's head snaked up, teeth exposed with a gaping hunger as she snapped at Myrrine's muzzle. Instinct alone ought to lend Myrrine the reflexes to defend her face, which Ampere was relying on, thinking the girl would fling her head up and away, better exposing and stiffening the area that Ampere's shoulder should be slamming into.

"Use our proximity to retaliate before I move away," Ampere said helpfully between her teeth.

A: 1/3
D: 0/1
W: 391/800
But that shit's broken

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
Time limit exceeded, Myrrine defaults to Ampere. Ampere earns 0.5 VP
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode