the Rift

[OPEN] here comes a great fire

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
"Where are you originally from, Bay? If you don't mind my curiosity" Sacre asked, as he travelled back home, a pair of sturdy foxes proceeding him in the usual fashion. It was very rare to see them lagging behind. "The woman you mentioned, was she... close to you?" he asked, a hint of humour colouring his gaze, from the brief knowledge his new friend had imparted she sounded like an interesting mare to know. Perhaps he was now prying too much, but one never found out the more interesting details if one didn't dare to ask the nosiest of questions. He let his poking and prodding subside then, enjoying the journey for what it was, mainly fields of green and scattered forests. The weather changed little as he travelled, the sun diving in and out of the clouds, making way for nights warmer than they had been in Frostfall and it was a dewy late morning day when he arrived at the gate that was the entrance into the Worlds Edge. Unless one wanted to chance the spikes dug into the trench that encircled the border, that is.

"Welcome to the Words Edge. For creatures like you and me, who do not have the benefit of wings, we must use the gate to get in and out. It would be wise to remember where the door is" he winked, casting his gaze around trying to capture that of his fellow companion, all before nudging the lunar caved entrance open, holding it there on the other side offering Baelfire a moment to pass through if he wished. Perhaps the offensive spikes that poked up from the earth might be enough to change his mind, even Sacre had to admit he didn't like the glass weapons.

He let the door swing shut finally, Inari and Ríona were already bounding off towards the woodland, looking for the familiar sight of their dens. Sacre, however, lingered by the border, casting about, looking for anyone nearby who might want to come say 'hi' to their newest member before the fox-boy moved to regard the great red, Bay. "Do you have a skill you'd like to practise or a rank you might desire? I am a Moon Doctor here, in charge of the healers along with Lyanna and Tilney, there are other ranks also; crafting, thievery, philosophy and the warriors of course" he listed them all, going back through them in his head, making sure he hadn't forgotten anything before continuing "I can direct you to the appropriate head of rank, if there is one position in particular you would like" he smiled, wondering what Baelfire might choose. 

"Any questions?" the fox-boy concluded, smiling broadly at his newly found friend of blazing red.
Fox Boy

image credits

@Baelfire welcome to the edge! <3 open to everyone too, come say hi :D

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Baelfire Posts: 5
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 5
AlyGator

baelfire
The crimson behemoth kept up with the crimson splashed ebony. Sacre. He had made sure to file the name away into his memory. Aside from the gaping span of years that he couldn't resurrect for the life of him he did have a rather decent memory. And enjoying social interaction such as he did - he'd appreciated being able to commit a name and face to memory. What had happened to rob him of his past.... he'd probably never know.

Was it hard not spending to much time worrying over the possibility it could happen again. Perhaps it had been another reason he pushed on and never really settled. Worried he'd wake up one day. Confused. Empty once more. It was probably a fear he avoided putting in words as much as possible. Though the next question would require him to be honest - or to tell a lie. He made a bit of a face - not a sour one or anything. Just a face that expressed he considered his words.

"
Honestly? I don't remember. Something happened a while back that left my past rather blank.
" the red chuckled at the mention of the mare he'd brought up earlier, "
You could say that. For a short time at least. The words she said - the ironic ones about 'the worlds edge' - some of the last she said while sending me off.
" It wasn't bitter. It wasn't sad. He had good memories with her. But his journey hadn't been over. And she wasn't ready to leave behind all she had known to join him. It wasn't fate for them. He missed her yet he would not have been satisfied ending his journey then.

He as paying attention as they walked toward the gate to the world's edge. And yes - upon expecting it - it was intimidating. But he still entered in god faith, chuckling at the comment "
I'll make sure to remember in that case.
" Pale orbs took a moment to look around in curiosity.

Looking back to the other, he smiled, "
I'm a terrible thief.
" he stepped in place as if to make a point, a grin pulled in amusement over his lips. Not quiet at all. "
How do you like being a healer?
" Baelfire inquired - wondering about his new friend. Might as well ask him some questions as well.

"
speak
"

NOTE:: So tired my brain doesn't want to do nothing xD
artwork

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

At Bay's answer to his first question the fox-boy let the rest of his burning curiosity ebb away, wondering if maybe it was something he didn't want to talk about, hence the vagueness of his answer. Hell, they had only met recently. Though if indeed he was being honest in his telling Sacre thought it must be a sad burden to not remember ones past, like an itch that was just too far away to be scratched, but remained like an irritating reminder. However, the healer had never experienced such amnesia and couldn't really relate, though he sympathised all the same. Perhaps it was a past worth forgetting and Baelfire's mind was doing him a favour, who knew! He pondered on it momentarily before returning to the subject of the woman with a jovial smile presiding on his dark lips "mares 'ey" he sighed dramatically—not that he thought he had much experience with the species. Whenever he did interact with one of the female variety more often than not he was left confounded, Sacre still had a lot to learn in the artful areas of love and lust.

The conversation turned back to the matter of ranks and the healer couldn't stop the bubbling laughter of agreement to Baelfire's admittance of his thievery ability—or lack of. "As terrible as me? Would you believe I was once a head spy, I called myself the King the Thieves to impress some adventurous foals, but I never stole a thing" what a fraud. At the time, Sacre had thought he had all the credentials for the task, but he had failed quite miserably and learnt an important lesson about being too arrogant. He was, of course, still quite bold and hot-headed, but had learnt that pausing for a few seconds to think about things was often a mighty good idea. Now he pottered about in the greenhouse and collected bits of plants, a much more sedate life compared to the one he had lived before, swapping between herds and galavanting in the wilds.

"I like being a healer" he responded after thinking about it for a moment, Sacre had never really put into words his feelings on the topic. "My father was a healer, my mother too, I guess I was bound to end up doing the same thing at some point" he smiled, it wasn't really the whole truth about why he had become a healer, after failing as a thief and then a crafter. Out of spite for d'Artagnan and the need to do good where his father hadn't, Sacre had pursued the art of healing, but it was only out of passion and a drive to do good that he stuck at it, finally finding something he excelled at. "Though, sometimes, I find it frightening that a life might depend on me and my ability" he quite suddenly admitted, remembering with a shudder the final breath of Nyx and the day he realised that he might not always be strong enough when death came calling by. 

"Healing, though, is the best rank to have I think" he finished, chuckling as he shot a glance at Bay, deciding to push the subject away from himself and explain some more about the herd "we have a King and Queen, Tembovu and Alysanne, you will see them around" he nodded, thinking fondly of Alysanne. He had, as of yet, never gotten the chance to know the curious and rather frightening Elephant King, however. Thinking on about what his new friend Baelfire might need to know, he suddenly thought, with a sickening feeling, about the hideous monster that he had unknowingly helped create "beware also of one named Kaos, Helovia is not entirely at peace" or so it seemed.
Fox Boy

image credits

@Baelfire

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!