the Rift

[OPEN] in front of the moon's shrine [MOON]

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

- sometimes in the wind of change -

She has not been here before, but she knows of it. It feels strange to come now, to this place she’s avoided. Not because she feared it or the Gods, but because it felt wrong to wander in their home without reason. Certainly it wasn’t, she knows this, but still, she’s always looked from afar to this place. She travels by foot today, over the bridge and the path that seems to keep her somehow safe from the active volcano. The magma rolls over the island, growing its reach daily, and it feels symbolic of the Gods and their reach. More and more come into Helovia. The lands thrive. The Gods control more. Or perhaps she’s reading too much into the volcano.

For a moment, she pauses at the shrines. She has only seen two of the four Gods, and the likeness of the Sun and Spark Gods do not seem like they mimic real life. They too are symbolic. Probably. Again, maybe she is reading too much into it. Maybe she is too much her old self sometimes, always looking between the lines.

Eventually, stops in front of the Moon Goddess’s statue. Today, she has business here, though in truth she would be content to examine the shrines and the strangeness of this place. But after Kaos had arrived, she’d been thinking. She had dived into battle then, ready less to fight but more to keep everyone else alive and well. Yes, she would fight. She needed to brush up her skills, to make certain she could keep herself going as well. But she wanted to be there to help everyone.

And in truth, in a selfish way, she’d felt alive in that moment. Useful. And should she ever stop serving as a Moon Doctor, she did not want to lose the ability to heal. Not that she planed to fail the herd anytime soon, but others more capable than her might come along. She planned to be the best suited for the job, but still, she wanted to make sure she retained some of the magic the goddess had loaned her should her time as Moon Doctor come to an end.

“Goddess?” she asks softly, not certain how to begin even going about this. But she imagines she doesn’t have to say anything at all, that their Lady already knows her thoughts and plans. So now, standing in front of the Moon’s shrine, she waits.

- we find our true direction -

lyanna

@Mythical Request

using my VOTG pass from COTM.
Lyanna would like to quest for:
[Magic: WindxLight | Ability to summon winds to heal wounds.]

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky
The Healer appeared, and, as she suspected, it was not her words that called the Goddess down, but her mere presence. The Goddess could not recall if she had ever seen the mare on her own before ... certainly she'd been at plenty of herd meetings and summonings, but never had it been her own desire that had reached out for the Goddess. Lyanna was quite, but a dedicated, and she'd served the Edge well for many, many seasons.

Appearing in a star-showing sheen of mist and moonlight, the Goddess stepped out of a black curtain that seemed to sparkle and dance all around her, until she was fully in the real world. "Lyanna." The Goddess purred, her pale pupil-less eyes closing as her elegant skull dipped slightly in greeting. "What can I do for you?"

Image Credit

Kyra

She did not grow up in a world of gods and goddesses. As far as they knew in Morham, they were none. Or perhaps not none, but stripped down, bare elements that controlled the world and nothing more. Yes, there was the wind and the earth and time, but these things didn’t walk among the residents of Morham. Their powers lived inside those residents, borrowed, nothing more. She is proof of that. Once, she controlled the wind and in the blink of an eye that power was gone.

She had never been able to use the wind to heal though. She could destroy easily (accidently, when she was a child still learning). She could create and manipulate but she could not save. Maybe that is what draws her to the power now, the desire to heal and save. Because she never could. And if nothing else, she wants to stop history from repeating itself. If she could have healed then, would Corbin still be with her? Would her parents still be alive?

No. In the end, she knows she couldn’t have saved them. But perhaps she could save others. Perhaps she could do some good in a world too filled with bad.

Lady Moon arrived quickly, offering a nod and pleasant greeting. Of course the Goddess knows Lyanna’a name – she’s a god, after all – but still Lyanna finds it somewhat startling to be know. She dips her head low into a bow, murmuring, “Lady Moon,” as she does. But from there, Lyanna doesn’t entirely know where to begin. She’s seen the Goddess many times, but Lyanna has always been a bystander. Now it is the two of them, and part of her just wants to ask questions, to know more of the Goddess she serves. But what Goddess has time to waste chatting? So instead, she simply dives in.

“I was hoping to ask for you the power to heal. Not that I intend to fail you in my role as Moon Doctor, but I would like to be able to help those in need regardless of my rank.” She stops there, imagining that the Godess probably knows Lyanna’s heart already. Knows all the words that could tumble out. But she has said her piece, and she does not want to waste her Goddesses time.

lyanna

@Mythical Request

using my VOTG pass from COTM.
Lyanna would like to quest for:
[Magic: WindxLight | Ability to summon winds to heal wounds.]

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky
The Goddess's eyebrow raised as the healer said that she was here for magic to heal. If she wasn't planning on failing or leaving the Edge, then why would she need additional magic, when the Goddess already provided it for her? Lyanna had never struck her as the prideful or haughty sort, and so it didn't make sense that she would be here as a way to prove her own merit, but possessing healing magic of her own.

Regardless of my rank.

Silently, the Goddess wondered if that didn't mean that the healer wanted to perhaps heal those whom she wasn't allowed to heal using her current magic? Had the King and Queen put restrictions on what their healers could do? That didn't seem like them..

"A surprising request." The Goddess said finally, exhaling gently as a shrug rolled off of her shoulders. "But one I will not deny you. If you wish to heal using magic that does not rely on your rank, then I urge you to discover the merits of what you are asking. Go and find others whose healing comes from their own internal sources. Light and Earth are always elements that form the foundation of healing magic, but it is usually in combination with something else. Find those who heal with something, as you would heal. Learn of those elements, and return and tell me which you think is the strongest and best choice to be paired with the ability to heal."

Lyanna must find 5 who can heal without using rank magic, learn about their powers, and then decide which is the best combination of elements. For instance she might find someone who heals with fire, with dirt, by singing, with ice, etc.  

Image Credit

Kyra

In the end, her request is entirely selfish. Her life had been ripped from her once, and she can’t pretend she’s not nervous it might not happen again. The Falls had simply been disbanded, and though the Edge thrived and the Moon Goddess gave no indication that the same fate might befall the Edge, Lyanna couldn’t help the tiny bit of paranoia that lingered in the back of her mind. Healing had given her a purpose, a reason to keep going, a second chance at a new life. She wanted to keep a piece of it, no matter what her life brought her way.

The Goddess, though her eyebrow quirks slightly, does not deny her. Lyanna listens to the task given carefully, remembering the Moons words. When the Lady finished, Lyanna nods, “Thank you,” she says, meaning it. “I know it’s a strange request. But once upon a time, my life and family were ripped from me without warning. Healing has given me a purpose, and your herd has given me a second chance, and I admit I would like a piece of it that belongs to me.” She tries her best to explain, not sure the words are enough, but suspecting the Goddess can understand the meaning anyway.

With that, she nods once more, low and respectful, before taking her leave of the Goddess. She’s taken enough of the Lady’s time already, and she has a task to do.

lyanna

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki