the Rift

[PRIVATE] When she walks, she's like a samba

Graasvoel Posts: 97
World's Edge Artificier atk: 3.5 | def: 7.0 | dam: 8.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0hh :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
smitty
graasvoel
There was no doubt in the vulture’s mind that Tallsun was quickly approaching. The days were longer and hotter than they had been in seasons; and his coat, which was usually so hairy, had thinned out to an impressively shiny sheen—he felt nearly naked without its thickness.

So, to test out just how cool his newly thinned hide could keep him, his massive and multicolored wings carried him south. They glided over the ocean, occasionally pumping (but their vast span was better at soaring than flapping), heading towards the alluring turquoise waters and luxuriously soft sands of the Riptide Isles.

Part of him was curious, too—this was, after all, where Kisamoa had first appeared. Enough time had passed for him to feel comfortable investigating—the vulture wasn’t too keen on risking his own hide.

He was keen, however, on the blue-accented woman he found already in the Isles. “Hello there,” was his gruff-voiced, accented call to the alluring, voluptuous woman from the sands before, “I think our adventuring was cut short, before.” Heavily, his great body landed on the shore, sending a slight spray of wet sand up from his dark, feathered hooves.

However, his attention was focused entirely on her. Red-hot gaze swept across her dark skin, lingering at the bluish hue of her flank, before drifting to her face— “Didn’t catch your name last time?” His head cocked slightly, brow slightly raised as he waited for the dark beauty to answer.

@Ampere :D

Please tag Graasvoel in all posts.

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful
I know you will

Gaucho had burned out the end of last Tallsun. It seemed fitting that his final flame turned the seasons into a growing, horrible cold.
Like the crumbling leaves of Orangemoon, Ampere had withered too.
Like the frozen desolation of Frostfall, Ampere had gone cold and empty too.
Like the renewal of Birdsong, Ampere awoke and thawed too.

On the precipice of Tallsun once more, nearly a year since the loss of the Wildfire, she was finally managing to cope. She would always be something more withered, something colder, but she was warmed by the Sun's fire, and she was guided by His light - and her own. It had felt like darkness descended upon her when she lost the miniature sun of her world, Gaucho - and even her nights ran dark when she realized her miniature moon, Mesec, had orbited away as well. It took a while to recognize she had her own light, that she didn't need either of them, and that despite her hurricane nature, she was more than just a streak of lightning blazing a brief, if bright, cut against the sky. She was a whole field of lightning storms, capable of igniting the world if she had the mind.

With her renewal, so too did her passion for the herd rekindle. She was flying patrols to keep an eye on Kaos, and like Graasvoel she had come to the Isles as a possible place to learn more. Practically in a walking daze when first he'd met her, she barely remembered him now. However numb Ampere got though, she was always perceptive to a capable stallion, and in that regard the red pegasus did not disappoint.

"Hello to you," she greeted in return, pausing from her task to appraise him as he approached. Though Kaos was certainly important, she had some time to tease a stud, if only to bring some sense of normalcy back to her life to retain a shred of sanity. Plus, he was hot, and there was almost any excuse possible for that. "A real shame," she lamented, "I suppose we'll have to find a new adventure."

His own stare stoked her body, and it incited a flush to creep along inside her. Those coals hadn't burned since the Wildfire had ravaged her (well and there was that one night with Maren...), and the guilt, the grief, that had drowned them out had begun to dry after all this time. She smiled easily in response, but there was an extra line there, on the edges of her lips, int he corners of her 'brow, in the shadows of her eyes. She was damaged, and even if she'd been put back together, the lines were still visible in just the right light.

"Ampere," she said simply for him, tail flicking across her flanks to distract her from the flush and the memories such heat brought on. "And yours?" she asked, head cocked expectantly. "Or shall I just make one up? I warn you though, I'm not very good with names." Her children had definitely lucked out, but her companion was just a mashup of shouts, and it seemed her creativity for language ended there.

Kygo, eating in a nearby tree, laughed across their bond. He was mostly staying out of her way though, thrilled to see some hints of old Ampere resurfacing after all this time. If this stallion could make her happy again, Kygo was all for that.

A M P E R E
PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL

ellsouille.deviantart.com with permission

@Graasvoel

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

smitty
graasvoel
The ruddy skin on the vulture’s chest was slick with sweat and his ribs moved with deep breaths from his extended flight; however, that did not stop the stallion from swelling slightly beneath the woman’s electric blue gaze. One could almost feel the sparks.

“‘New adventure’?” his gruff voice both parroted her and inquired further, his raised brows and gleaming gaze implying that he quite liked the sound of this. His heated gaze, however, was drawn to the sharp sound of her tail slapping against her flanks. Red and yellow eyes narrowed slightly, watching the blue-tipped strands harmlessly trail back behind her hocks; would that be so harmless against his—but wait, focus Gaal, she’s talking, saying something. But what? Her name? Yes, it must be her name.

Ampere? Wasn’t she the “Mother of”…something? Though he was not longer new to Helovia, he spent more time chasing mares than learning customs. So the mare’s title was lost to his pleasure-distracted mind. However, this ‘Mother’ was a MILF. And Gaal was just fine with that.

He made a rumbling, guttural, thoughtful noise in the back of his throat, slowly shaking his great head in ’no’ to answer her offer of making up a name for him. He grinned a mischievous, lopsided grin, “I’d rather earn one from you.” And, though there was something in her smile that haunted him—something that echoed the cracks beneath the facades of the Eahiras in Uumalah’s whorehouses, he paused only once his in his sharp eyes’ close inspection of her face.

Everyone had secrets. Wars that raged in their minds. But not everyone needed to discuss their battle tactics. Sometimes they just needed a breather in the deadlock.

So the giant, wing man turned towards the shallow, sun-warmed waters that stretched between two islands. The balmy brine lapped gently against his skin, darkening red to mahogany as his massive wings spread out in stifle-deep water and he looked towards her.

“Adventure awaits, Ampere,” he was careful in how he said her name, perhaps putting more of a Korofi accent on it to soften the ’p’ and roll the ’r’. Hers was a name that had the staccato to be shouted in ecstasy or the legato to be softy murmured in bliss.

And then he flexed his wings powerfully, sending a wall of white, salty spray towards her black skin. A roughish grin covered his face as he wondered how she’d wear the sea.

@Ampere

Will you still love me
I know you will

He returned the weight of her gaze tenfold, and it was, disarming, to say the least. She'd have to be careful with this one, he seemed more self assure of his charm than any other she'd met, and his confidence granted him an expert grip upon such a weapon. Added to that Ampere's rust that had steadily grown in the past years, and she was at a clear disadvantage in this dance. Never one to back down from a challenge however, she held his stare unwavering, lips set with a rising smile.

The movement spread along her face as he responded with a nearly feral growl, requesting he earn a name. She cocked her head to the side, as if investigating him from a different angle might reveal something new to her. Earn? she wondered with humor, did he think she might grant him a better one if he did something deserving? If anything she was more tempted than ever to give him a terrible one, like Red, or Big Boy. "Careful," Ampere cautioned with a rough grin, "Earned or not it might be worse than yours, and I only take currency in favors."

"You offer," Kygo says unhelpfully through their bond, reminding Ampere that the stallion likely would have given his actual name if she hadn't provided a more tempting alternative. "Might work out better for me," Ampere smugly retorted back to the nosy parrot, who only laughed in response.

The sound of her name completely draws her attention back upon the stallion at hoof, his accent an appealing purr rolling over her, settling inside of her with a reverberating sensation. Ampere visibly perked up, effectively hooked as he turned and strode towards the water's edge, Her gaze hungrily traced the way the liquid splashed against his skin, darkening him with its touch, seeming to tighten across him as hair went damp against the outline of his well honed musculature.

Then there was water.

The spray came swift, and Ampere was too late in noticing it to avoid it. Though she did spread her wings out to shield her body, and tucked her head to the side, away from the brine. It still partially splashed past her too-slow wings, dappling the side of her neck and chest with salt and beads of moisture.
As her head slung back around she narrowed the stud with a positively challenging stare, lips twisted with a wry, if mischievous smile. She lurched forward, quickly closing the distance to crash into the water alongside him, her speed liable to send up a disruptive splash in all directions. It was eerie how similar this event was to one so many years ago, but that memory was distant on her conscious, her attention focused on the memory being built now.

Her cannonball wasn't sufficient enough retaliation, so Ampere also used her wings to sweep multiple strokes towards him, laughing as she did so. "So tell me," she asked nonchalantly, pausing in her onslaught to preen a feather back into place. "What do you do?" she paused, regarding him over the edge of her wing, "you're built like a warrior and bear some scars, but none of them are new."

A M P E R E

@Graasvoel

smitty
graasvoel
There was something… arousing in the blatant challenge that her electric eyes stared into his own, heated depths. The rising smirk on her lips, the slope of her arched neck as she cocked her head to study him before returning his playful banter in kind—and the vulture could not help a deep and rumbling chuckle, “I wouldn’t mind owing you a favor, Ampere.” Again, the careful sounding of her name—there could be something powerfully electrifying in the careful usage of a name, the vulture had found in personal experience.

A roguish grin crossed his muzzle at the visible change in the dark, blue-washed woman as he entered the water—was this something she craved, then? But before he could watch and closer, his wall of water hit her—or, more aptly, hit her wings. Though his hot gaze could not miss the salty drip of moisture down her neck and off her chest. His gaze lingered there—

Until the muscle there was bunching and moving, with far more speed than he thought possible (or than he was able to dream of mustering). And his own reaction was not nearly as quick as hers; so, where she was only partially damp from his endeavors, he was throughly soaked by the electric woman’s efforts.

Though his massive wings did spread slightly, in a half-hearted attempt to block the end of her wingbeat’s salty sprays as he slowly advanced through her onslaught towards her. It was useless though; his swarthy skin was positively dripping now, slicking his thick hide to taunt skin and thick muscle.

Slowly, cautiously, his wings folded into his slabbed sides as the briny attacks subsided; his squinted eyes peeking open and blinking away the salt as he saw her begin to preen feathers back into place. A roguish grin crossed his dark muzzle as he attempted to swiftly reach it out towards her own, grooming lips. Then, he slowed, making his intentions known, as his own lips sought to slowly, gently smooth a few of her feathers back into place.

“I left fighting in my past life,” he said between strokes of his muzzle, “I am a Glazier now, in the Edge.” He paused, eyes studying her face, “And you? You’ve a kwaai—a ferocity in you.” There was no missing the wildness that etched every sparking move of her dark, now sea-slicked, skin.

kwaai = ferocity

@Ampere

Will you still love me
I know you will

He was smooth, she'd give him that. Perhaps Butter was a better name than Red. He was clearly a man well aware of his talents, physical or otherwise, and he was well practiced in them. Ampere had always been the flirt when it came to men, and it took them a while to catch on, so she found herself caught of guard with him, when he was the one constantly pushing the envelope, pressing up closer and closer to her as if space were irrelevant.

She didn't have much time to appreciate the way his damp skin was made tighter across his musculature, pulled taut and slicked back so nothing was left to be imagined. She might have stared longed, might have tried to dream up something, but he was upon her, his whiskers brushing against the edge of her velvet maw in a tender way. She paused, barely able to exhale as the edges of her skin prickled; she was all lightning and fire. She hadn't felt a stallion's warmth in over a year, and now it came from this strange, alluring mane who said her name with an exotic echo. Could she just, accept it? Not long ago she would have been lifting her tail already, eager for his love in whatever form she could manage to take it in, but now? Now she was more emotionally guarded, having loved and lost instead of just pretending to. She didn't want to lose Gaucho, yet she yearned to forget him.

Through the link combining her soul with the parrot's, Kygo let a desire bleed through, subtly swirled with violet and crimson. The bird wanted her happiness, her return to normalcy, and if that meant coaxing her into this stallion's embrace, then that's what he'd do. The method mattered little to the bird if the end was worth it - it was why he didn't condone her drinking either, though eh certainly thought this manner was better.

As Graasvoel moved from his svelte kiss to manage her feathers for her, Ampere's pulse quickened. Despite the hesitation curling up inside her chest, the buzzing of uncertain wills inside her head, Ampere's wings relaxed, and her neck curled to watch him steadily. She reached her muzzle out in turn, reluctant at first as she poised it over his hide, but then she pressed it forward, trying to lip some of his disheveled mane back into place.

Caught up in the physical magnitude of his presence, Ampere had nearly forgotten she'd asked him a question. She pulled back, holding his eye as explained and asked in turn. Her ears flicked with renewed interest at the strange word he mixed into his speech, as alluring as the way he rumbled her name. She had a thing for accents she was realizing...
"Working with glass, it's no wonder you're so tender," she smirked with good humor, the light in her eyes accentuated with her mirth. "I lead the Throat," she said casually. The position was nothing to imply simplicity or lack of importance, but rather that her rank did not define her or set her aside as something different. Ampere did not lead out of glory or honor, but rather for duty. If it best served the herd, then she would do it. "I've served as a warrior in the sands for many years now..." she wanted to add that no one ever stops fighting, not truly, but she wasn't really here to talk ideals. "You'd fit in well with the desert," she commented wryly, "it breeds a certain heat in its members that you compare to."

A M P E R E

@Graasvoel

smitty
graasvoel
The smallest of grins (equal parts satisfied and anticipatory) curved up the corners of his thick, dark lips as she accepted the brush of his muzzle and gentle smoothing of her feathers; and a warmth further heated his red-hot raptor gaze. He lingered there for a few moments, enjoying the satin smoothness of her feathers, deceptively soft as he pressed them into the hard bands of steely muscle that lined her wings.

His study of the blue the brushed her muzzle was interrupted, finding his gaze drawn up to her electric one when she answered his questions. A roguish smile slowly curved his muzzle as his brows raised at her word choice of ‘gentle.’ And then they rose even further as she so easily rank-dropped; a surprised, impressed (and appreciative) growling hum sounded from his throat.

“So then I am graced with royalty,” was his gruff rumble as he drew partly away, dipping his head and partly bending a knee in a faux (but partly serious), shallow bow, “My lady.” Red and yellow eyes gleamed playfully up at the strongly beautiful lines of her face. Then, he rose, allowing himself only one lingering glance across the sensuous curves of her shoulder, flank, and haunch, before taking a half-step towards her once more.

“A master of his craft knows when to be gentle—” again, his muzzle reached out towards her; though, this time, his seeking lips sought to brush away the lingering droplets of saltwater at her lower neck and chest, “—And when to be firm,” and, with that, his tender lips drew back as his teeth sought to land a rough bite at the juncture of her neck and chest. A mischievousness gleamed in his eye as his massive wingspan attempted spread wide around her, seeking to faux-trap her into his teasing nip and embrace.

The tide was slowly crowding in, beginning to tickle his barrel, and stir around the heat that was growing beneath. It had been a long while (a very long while) since Graasvoel had felt such instant, easy attraction to a mare. And it was this that was the center of his very existence. So he was enjoying it greatly.

“Tell me of this desert ’heat’.”

@Ampere
I KNOW THIS IS EONS OLD (-blows off dust-), but I have so much fun writing him to Ampere ;-; We can end it here OR KEEP GOING -chants-