the Rift

[PRIVATE] how far can we flirt?

Graasvoel Posts: 97
World's Edge Artificier atk: 3.5 | def: 7.0 | dam: 8.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0hh :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
smitty
fear the vulture and it will come. fear nothing and you are the vulture.
“Xow much time do you xaf?”

A grin stole across his face as he winked at the gilded, beautiful and accented woman, “I have all the time in the world for you, my lovely Yael.” And a low, short chuckle shook his chest as he assumed she would find his flattering amusing, just as she had before, with the Giving Tree.

His gaze only briefly left her elegantly golden features as she explained that the glass symbol was a letter of her alphabet, “And the long answer?” he pressed her, brows raised as his red hot eyes returned to hers expectantly. He wanted to know more; more about her history, more about her likes, her dislikes; more about how athletic her language made her tongue. A private, lopsided smile crossed his muzzle at the thought—

But his attention returned to her as she was asking something of him: to place the chain over her head? “With pleasure,” he returned with a grin, his muzzle reaching out (perhaps inappropriately) close to her muzzle, lips and nostrils brushing as he took the chain out of her teeth and lifted his head to place the chain over her head. Unnecessarily, his lips tried to follow the glass chain as it slid down her slender, gilded neck. And, even more unnecessarily, he attempted to gently press the pendant so that it neatly seated at her breast.

“You do my work absolute justice,” he nodded in affirmation, a mischievous gleam in his eyes as he purposefully and closely surveyed the glass symbol shining at her chest.
graasvoel

@Yael
Continuation from here

Please tag Graasvoel in all posts.

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

“Oh, you flatter me,” she quickly retorts, and dips her head, as if to hide a blush on her face. It is teasing - she is amused by his antics and public flirting. What she hopes to say is that she knows his game, but decided the first time they met that she would play along.

“Ze long answer?” Eyes dart up to his bald face, from the ground to the heavens, and they linger on it under a questioning brow. Did he mean it? Did he truly want to know? She begins slowly. “Een my language, each letter xas multeeple meanings. A sound, but also seembolism from eets deesign. T’is -” she taps her chest again, “ - ees ze beeginning of all t’ings. Eet starts every letter. Eet ees ze spark of life t’at ees een all t’ings. But eet also xas a value of ten - to show t’at ze vorld ees much beeger t’an us.” She pauses and smiles, dipping down to her newest piece of jewelry. “T’is ees shaped like a basket or a vomb. Eet ees ze kindness of our eeneetial creation, ze pah’er to create good and erase bad…”

She trails off and in a sudden stillness finds a bit of strength to confess a very deep part of herself. “I try to leeve by t’ose t’oughts. To do no xarm unless I must, to protect t’ose I love.”

Then Yael falls silent, aside from her request, and allows Gaal to take the glass ornament from her grasp and put it over her head. It slides down her long, thin neck and settles beside the yod. She makes no movement to dissuade his touch, but finds herself unable to reciprocate anything. Not yet. Her ghosts still linger.

Instead, she changes the subject, and like she has done before, turns it back on him. “I t’ink you vill make a fine Glazier, Gaal. Ah, I must xaf talked your ear off. Eef you are done -” she looks around and sees no others requiring glass items, so continues. ”- care to valk and tell me about yourself?”

Never forget that Yael is old, and often traditional. She likes her flirting and faux courtships to be done properly.  

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Graasvoel

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Graasvoel Posts: 97
World's Edge Artificier atk: 3.5 | def: 7.0 | dam: 8.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0hh :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
smitty
fear the vulture and it will come. fear nothing and you are the vulture.
“I speak only the truth,” his gruff voice issued with a wink in response to her accusations of flattery—he was partially in jest. But partially truthful, for anything he said that may get him into the gold lady’s good graces would be something the vulture truly meant.

His starkly white ears remained perked among the massive tangle of his thick, multicolored forelock and mane as the gilded lady spoke—and it would be a lie to say that he was not occasionally distracted by the movement of her bright lips around the words she spoke instead of focusing on what she actually said; but, to the vulture’s credit, he did try, far harder than usual, to truly listen to each and every one of the syllables she spoke.

He’s caught by her smile, hot gaze following her motions as she dips down to the glass piece he had created for her, “To do no xarm unless I must, to protect t’ose I love.” And his sharp gaze blinked at the notion—it reminiscent of his mother. His true mother, not the loveless and manipulate mate to his equally harsh father. A ripple passed through the bulky muscles of his neck as he broke his stare of her face and mouth, yellow and red irises studying the glint of light on glass.

“Perhaps you can erase my ‘bad,’” the rough thought was said offhandedly, a fleeting notion that happened to encompass a much deeper, truer need in the great vulture—one that haphazardly came to the surface in the face of such selflessness in Yael. It was not something the Vulture was familiar with, everything around him in his formative years had been selfish, conniving, greedy.

A low breath pushed out of his nostrils, before he returned his heated gaze (though it was muted slightly, now) back to hers the moment she indicates that he will be a fine Glazier. His heavy head tilted slightly, dark beard swaying with the motion, “You think so?” There is a rawness in the question of his deep husk—so at odds with the playfulness of his earlier words. His own ears twitch as he hears his own words, and so quickly follows them with a blithe, “My skills are not limited just to crafting,” but the mischievous grin that accompanied it wasn’t quite the same as before.

He shifted on thick, feathered limbs as the golden pegasus asked after himself—he had avoided speaking of his past thus far in Helovia. Only Myrrine, the hurting, specked pegasus, had come close to his own ‘ghosts,’ as Yael called them. His hot gaze blazed once as he blinked at her, studying closely the ancient, warm brown eyes and the golden angles of her face.

“As I’ve told you, I come from Dorobo. The Korofi race, specifically—they’re fierce and proud, and violent enough to survive the harsh plateaus. What’s more is they’re glad to live there, in hul ballingskap,” he shook his head slightly, in disbelief at his people as he slipped into the Korofi tongue, before continuing, “But Korofi remember their history and lore as it suits them. I prefer a less…austere lifestyle than the plateaus provide—much to my family’s dismay,” he grinned ruefully, though an entirely unapologetic and wicked gleam in his eye accompanied his words, “And so I left, wandering for a happier, less bleak place to settle.” He trailed into silence, then, mind tumbling over all the parts of his story—of his family— that he had omitted.

His thick, knotted tail swayed aimlessly around his hocks, masking his discomfort, before he said, “Your turn, lovely Yael.”

hul ballingskap = their exile
graasvoel

@Yael

Please tag Graasvoel in all posts.

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

The reason Yael reminds him of his mother miiiight be because she is likely as old – if not older – than whomever lovingly carried his feathered, hulkingly large body in their womb. It is truly a labor of love that stallions cannot quite understand, the process of carrying and delivering foals – especially when their dams are rather small, and their sires are… gargantuan.  She cannot possibly know what size Gaal’s mother’s uterus was, but if one were to ask the petite mare to speak from experience, she would be able to provide a wealth of information about the aches and pains and litteral waddling that goes on. Women dive headlong into this battle every day and still, somehow – somewhere – they are considered the weaker sex. It is one thing Yael will never understand.

Their relationship is slowly evolving; it seems like every time they speak (though it has only been twice now), some deeper, hidden part of themselves rises up from the studiously hidden and meticulously buried part of themselves. It’s as if the warmth in the gold of their fur is enough to break through the cracks in haphazardly erected walls and shine a light onto the unexpected; a beautiful, warm, healing light that is fed solely by their eagerness to listen to each other. Even if he is half motivated by lust, Gaal is the first to truly ask about Yael’s past in an attempt to know her, not to satisfy a curious itch, or to keep her from crying in the middle of the night. What does that say about Helovians? What does that say about her?

”I do,” she replies firmly in assurance. ‘And eef you are voried, t’en practeece! Ze vay you learned to fly, yes?” Of course, she does not know how Gaal learned to fly – it may have been fraught with fear and injury, but in the end, he had to learn to do it - he had to make a conscious effort before he could soar the skies with ease (and there is a vast difference between her light frame coasting on the thermals, and hauling his bulk up into the clouds). And then, the perfect picture of innocent, as if she had absolutely no idea what he could possibly be referring to, she responds with a steady voice, “Oh, I’m sure you’re terribly good at reaching t’ings t’at are very high up, yes?”

You know the one’s she talking about - the ones that are too high to reach on hind legs, but not quite worth the effort of flying.

She breaks into a cheeky smile that slowly fades into a shy one, under his intense gaze (ever hot, ever blazing she wonders how he can maintain such intensity - or does is simply burn brightly for her?). As her long, elegantly pointed ears listen to his story, her eyes roam the color changes of his body, the dark specs in his white face, the accent points, and highlights in his mane. She absorbs it all as she absorbs his gift of words, knowing that she has just breached the surface of his story. But little by little, she is determined to uncover the mystery that is the lusty-lidded, the gentlemanly Graasvoel.

Unfortunately, she is not yet so sure how to tell her own story. And when prompted, hesitates for a moment. She opens with an uneasy sound in the back of her throat and settles for, “I am not... sure you vould believe my story, Gaal. Eet ees… over forty years long. Eet ees ze stuff of fairy tales and dreams… of fires and mageec and love and loss… and t’ere are t’elve very beloved cheeldren t’at I do not t’ink I shall ever see again.”

She cannot bring herself to look in his eyes, for fear that they would mirror back disbelief. And also, perhaps, because she is trying to blink away her tears and is doing a very poor job of hiding it.  If Gaal ever wanted an out - this is his chance.

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Graasvoel  
I'm sorry she's so dramatic XD

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please