[OPEN] Almost Idyllic

Gyda Posts: 11
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.1 HH :: 1 Year
Linds

If it's anger that you want
I would love to feed my wolves
So look at me while I'm getting too close

Your dependency had been shed like a second skin and age had awarded you freedoms that you’d only dreamt of as a small, ignorant child. However, it had also saddled you with daunting responsibility. It didn’t matter where you rambled so long as you promised eminent return. And it didn’t matter where you slept beneath the wide berth of stars above so long as they kept you company through the night. Yet, losing such childish restrictions hadn’t left you entirely ungrateful for your mother’s attentive eye or her protective suggestions. Instead, it was a humbling reminder of just how far you’d come and how far you had left to go. 

Behind you were visions of golden copses and greying, timeworn harbors that bore little resemblance to the vibrant, emerald wildwood of Helovia. You had traipsed from one seaboard to the next, savoring the damp scent of the earth just before an errant rainstorm or reveling in the heat of a mild summer’s day. Yet, there were times in which you spent infinite hours wasted by the throes of your nostalgia. At first they were mere mild transgressions that lasted no more than a wrinkle of your time between the long, meandering days of adventure. But it wasn’t long before those transgressions became iniquities far too glaring in their implications to avoid.

It would have been a lie to deny the reasoning behind your homecoming and you had no intention of masking those desires if pressed. However, the fabric of your life had always been a modest ensemble despite your buoyant nature, which was why you had chosen not to return so immediately to the South and its foreboding flame. The Dragon’s Throat was your home, but whether or not you’d been truly missed was another matter that you weren’t ready to discuss. 

Instead you sought the familiar coast of the Endless Blue and the memories it afforded you, as they were so similar to the ones you’d experienced on warmer, southern shores. As you picked your way across the prismatic seaside, you found yourself searching the smooth, colored pieces scattered atop the sand for a cerulean trinket to toss into the waves. You wanted to watch as the water’s glimmering face sloshed over the glass, curious to see if it's ultramarine hues would waver despite the change of location. Perhaps you related it to yourself, the glass, or maybe your curiosity was just another of your quests born out of sheer wonder for the world... Even you had a hard time deciphering the difference. 

Gyda

Image Credits

Patrick Posts: 31
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.0 (wfg) :: 6 months
LovellaTorendo
Patrick

As has become standard for him, the boy does not remain long at home before he is off across the bridge and out into the world beyond again.  Once more, as with his previous adventures, he embarks on this trek alone.  There are those who might be saddened by this but the child is a stubborn loner and he doesn't seem the least phased by it.  While there are those he cares for, those he admires and those who he may even consider friends some day he hasn't really bonded strongly with anyone.  Besides traveling with another would only mean matching his pace to theirs and he likes to go fast or slow as he pleases.

Today he is moving slowly, even dreamily, across the expanse between ocean front and ocean front.  He has been outside the confines of his homeland for some days now and is only just coming upon the great western sea.  Patrick has traveled west in the past but not quite this far.  So, as he comes over a low rise with tall grass brushing his knees and looks down upon the sparkling blue water he gives a sigh of amazement and pleasure.

"Oh... pretty..."

The colt likes pretty, shiny things and waves glittering in the sunlight are no doubt near the top of his list.  This part of the ocean has even more of a shine than any other, though.  Thanks to the scattering of glass on the beach and the great arch in front of the reef, it is quite magical.  Patrick's blue eyes grow wider with each sweep of his gaze over the landscape ahead of him.

This is a grand place indeed, so fine and sparkly.  I want to keep a few of those glittering shards, they would look amazing in my collection.  Maybe I could bring some back for Ko too.  I wonder what she might be able to paint on them...

Of course, there is also the arch. It is a glittering gate looming in splendor above the waves.  I want to follow that path through the beckoning doorway and see where it leads, but just this once I am somewhat unsure about venturing inside alone.  On the other hand, I don't want to go all the way back to the Throat to get Pop or Ko either.  I am not far from the Edge here though am I? Maybe I could find Yael, Lyanna or Maude.

Turning my gaze northwest I suddenly find that I am not alone on this beach as I'd first thought. There, among the glass shards, is a girl.  She is tallish, well taller than me, and slender.  At this point, taller than me tends to mean older than me but I've never been shy around older girls before, why start now?  She doesn't appear to be wailing, or in fact making any sound at all and this is encouraging.  I am still not sure what I would have done with Maude and her tears if Yael hadn't been there.  Anyway, this current older girl wears a simple, rusty-red coat, boldly marked about the face and lacking any other adornment.  I find this simplicity both oddly refreshing and lovely.  In the world of Helovia, and especially Dragon's Throat, it is rarer than one might think.

For a short time, the younger lad stands, appearing transfixed by sight of the girl down near the waves.  Eventually, he shakes himself free of the trance and heads towards her.  His legs, still rather disproportionately long, carry his frame over the sand with an easy and deceptive speed.  Coming near he pulls up in time to leave a safe distance between them.  With a warm shine in his eyes and a friendly glow to his whole face he turns in an attempt to meet her gaze.

"Hi!  Together?"

His head tips towards the glass arch in explanation and then he waits in patient and hopeful silence for her answer...

such big eyes you have
Image Credit || TABLE BY SEVIN

ooc: Sorry for the wait

note- Pat is about 9ish months old here... (time is end of Birdsong, Y8)

@Gyda

Gyda Posts: 11
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.1 HH :: 1 Year
Linds

If it's anger that you want
I would love to feed my wolves
So look at me while I'm getting too close

As you watched the iridescent face of the turquoise shard topple over ridges of sand just beneath the ocean water, you had yet to notice the young colt approaching from behind. If you had, you would have admired the pale cornflower blue of his eyes or the deep marine dappling scattered about his right flank. You were hardly wreathed in color like the many specimens you’d seen all throughout Helovia, but your mother had called you beautiful nonetheless. It wasn’t until you had tuned to lay pale, nondescript eyes on the piercing cerulean jewels this stranger viewed the world from, that you truly understood what your mother had somehow seen in you. Of course, you also encountered your very first bought of true, unadulterated jealousy.

In your visceral struggle, you endeavored to avoid the mounting envy that curled your lips despite the colt’s good-natured salutation. His approach was inevitable as far as you could discern, so you rotated on your heels to better face him as he finished off his invitation to permit camaraderie between two such wayfarers. You couldn’t recall a time in which you’d met the boyish newcomer, but something about him struck you as familiar even if you weren’t yet convinced enough to put your finger on what that might be. Instead, you smiled, girlish and coy, before nodding loosely toward the underground cavern you’d somehow failed to acknowledge before. “Sure.

The colt’s speech was still somewhat disconnected by youth and you imagined him a bit younger than you (though only by a short time) judging by his size. It made you wonder what the two of you could possibly have in common or what you might do now that you had taken to following him toward the two bright stones that marked the aforementioned underground depression.

As the two of you passed beneath the cave’s wide mouth, streams of sea water spouted from its lip. You were careful to avoid the runs, but still unable to evade them entirely. In your frustration over the matter, you darted ahead of the colt only to realize what a girl you were when it came to the elements. Sheepishly, you turned to regard the boy with another demure grin, “What’s your name then?” It had been quite some time since you had shared your headspace with anyone else, so perhaps you appeared awkward or strained, but to you it felt natural… even if it wasn’t. “I’m Gyda.

Gyda

Image Credits

@Patrick