the Rift

[OPEN] something of yours

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

When Sacre arrived at the border of the Dragons Throat he was travel stained and weary, not really wanting to be away from the Worlds Edge for all that long, he had pushed himself at a faster pace. Inari grumbled behind him, the odd curse word being muttered into the healers mind just to make sure that he understood how disgruntled and irritated the red fox was. Sacre endured it, knowing his eldest companion would let it go eventually and also half wishing he would be as bright and cheerful as Ríona was. The Kitsune adored the Dragons Throat and had been heartbroken ever since the day her silly red-eared friend had dragged her from it to go settle in a new, much colder and less beautiful place—in the end, Sacre didn't stand a chance of making both of them happy. Yet, it was a task he must complete as it had been bugging him now for seasons, that the key tied messily into his mane, was still there after all this time. He had tried to return it before, but had never gotten anywhere due to simple circumstance. He had been carrying it in his hair for that long he often forgot it was there, it was only on the odd occasions when it fell out that Sacre noticed it again and was reminded that he still needed to attempt to return it.

This time, the healer made a decision that he would camp out on the Throat border until someone appeared—lest he throw the damn thing in the ocean! Although he had made the key himself after all and was quietly rather fond of his handy work, but it was a small burden in his life and, despite being its creator, he wasn't, in fact, its owner anymore. 

Standing on the shoreline, looking out over the water to his old herd, as the sun began to rise on a hazy Tallsun morning, Sacre waited. Ríona had taken the key from his twisted black locks and held the item in her small mouth, four dusty tails dancing behind her as Inari sulked on the floor, under Sacre's belly. There was little to do but hope someone would spot them soon and that finally he might be able to give back the final piece he had left of the Throat; the desert land that he still looked upon fondly.

there's something tragic about you
something so magic about you

image credits

@Volterra

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
volterra
The rising of the sun heralds another scorching day, and it finds Volterra doing one last patrol of his borders before the heat grows unbearable and he's forced to retire beneath the cool shade of a tree. These patrols help tone muscles that he doesn't generally use in battle, and helps uplift his stamina in an entirely different way to what happens in spars.

The final leg of his patrol takes him over the bridge and towards the borders on the mainland. Although not technically part of the herd, the Indomitable checks this region regularly as well in case of wandering rogues looking for a home. To his surprise, he doesn't see a wandering rogue but a World's Edge stallion, the one he'd cleared logs with for Kisamoa - Kaos. "Sacre?" The beast's thick rumble is laced with surprise as he shifts closer to the red-spotted man and his foxes. One of them looks deeply disgruntled, although this is unsurprising given the great distance between the Edge and the Throat. What could possibly have given the unicorn cause to come here? "You look like you have travelled far. Is something wrong?" An invasion of the Edge, perhaps? The two herds are not direct allies, but if the invading force was lead by Kaos...of course the Throat would help. Herd politics are a distant second behind their desire to crush the false God.

I NEVER FEAR DEATH OR DYING, I ONLY FEAR NEVER TRYING
I AM WHATEVER I AM, ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME NOW

image | coding

@Sacre

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

When the bulk of Volterra caught in his vision, Sacre swung around with a look of bright surprise and automatically looked upwards, searching for the familiar pair of dragons he remembered accompanying the great beast on the beach that day; when they had helped Kaos, and had been lead by the nose, so to say. Even Sacre had been so sure that he had been helping a cause for the greater good, despite his reservations that, in the end, he should have listened to. Now they lived with a dark enigma hanging over their heads, guessing at his next move. Though Sacre still knew very little about Volterra, he met the younger, but far more brawnier, stallion with a gentle smile and a friendly nod "Volterra" he greeted—beginning to understand a little of how David must have felt in front of Goliath. 

"How fares the Dragons Throat?" he asked, genuinely interested as he cast a fond glance across the water. 

The Doctor wasn't entirely aware either of how dishevelled he looked, with his mane strewn in messy clumps down his neck, some caught on his horn and many parts of him were stained with dried mud. Perhaps the tree of giving should have gifted him a mirror instead. "No, I travelled at quite a pace however, I don't like being away for too long... What with recent events" he grimaced, referring to Kaos and his monster. He then motioned to Ríona and the Kitsune bounded forwards, shifting her small body so that it might sit in front of Volterra as the healer explained "I'm here because I have something that belongs to your herd, that I've still not managed to give back, but perhaps now I might be able to" at that, the dusty four-tailed fox dropped the Throat key onto the floor with a dull thud in front of their bulky greeter. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to return this to you sooner, I meant no ill will by keeping it" he explained, as honestly as he could, hoping the Indomitable would forgive him for his tardiness in returning it. 
there's something tragic about you
something so magic about you

image credits

@Volterra

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
volterra
"It fares well. I am now its Sultan." A small grin of pride ebbs across the titan's mouth as his new title rolls off his tongue, tasting delicious as it does so. Volterra is unaware that Sacre used to live here, having only joined a year ago himself. As the unicorn mentions not wishing to be away for long, the Indomitable's skull inclines whilst an expression of displeasure replaces the smile. "Understandable," he rumbles. These are troubled times indeed, and Kaos' threat hangs like a blanket across their lives and homes.

He tilts his head with evident interest when the smaller male states that he has something of the Throat's. Had he misjudged Sacre when they'd met - is he talking to a thief? This quickly transpires to not be the case, however, as the man's bonded drops a key at Volterra's formidable hooves. The newly-crowned Sultan knows that others outside the herd still have keys, and it's going to be quite a mission to reclaim them - the items are precious and they can't have them laying around across Helovia given Kaos' presence. Having one returned, then, is an unexpected boon, and the warlord is deeply grateful.

"I appreciate you returning it to me now, and I bear you no ill-will because of it." He scoops up the key and awkwardly tucks it away in his mane, ready to be added to their dwindling stockpile. "You may rest a while inside the Throat, if you wish. I know you will be keen to return home, but you will help nobody if you are picked off by a predator on your way back because you are too exhausted to defend yourself." He steps forwards to allow Sacre entrance across the bridge if he so desires."Our grass is fresh and our water pleasantly chilled if you wish to partake of it." It seems only fair to extend such an offer - after all, the man has travelled far.

I NEVER FEAR DEATH OR DYING, I ONLY FEAR NEVER TRYING
I AM WHATEVER I AM, ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME NOW

image | coding

Can end it here if you want? :D Thanks again Imi! <3 @Sacre

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]