the Rift

[OPEN] Horizons [Healing Request]

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar

R - U

The heat!

Finally, Tallsun arrives after the coolness of spring. Heat blankets the World’s Edge with a thick and heavy sheet, encapsulated by the mists. But for those who have wings, they can escape the oppressive moisture that clings to every surface. While the edges, cliffs, offer reprieve with ocean kisses.

Ru advances upon a small pond that she’s come across in the early morning. Dips her head and wets her lips. She takes long drags of the liquid, uncertain as to where she’ll be headed for the day.

Since the beginning of Birdsong until now, her outward appearances have changed. A few more scars litter her body, old wounds that knit and thread together – hardened, and lacking pigment. They used to bother her, scald her pride. Perhaps they still do, but not as nearly as they once had. Now they’re merely there, imbedding their fragments of spars – memories that play between the fuzzy moments of high adrenaline stakes, and the caustic touch of pain.

Who knew pain had so many different intensities, versatile flavors and reminders. And still she wonders if she will be one of them. One of the fold, one of the pieces to imbed her roots and grow a home within the walls she bleeds for. Perhaps she’s on her way to gain such a livelihood. Considering the nomadic nature of her people lost to the woman’s memories and trapped within her dreams. At least Helovia is large enough for the mare’s wandering spirit. And feels encouraged roaming the lands, the heavens, to explore more as her spirit begins to settle.

When she lifts her head she has determined her plan. And while it isn’t quite extravagant and flourished, it adds a nervous air to her person. Adds bounce to her steps, and energy that coils within those strands and bundles of muscles.

I am ready - she announces in silence, before scouring the lands of a man. An older man, but perhaps not quite the elder yet. The one with the navy eyes, and the iron crown that twists before his brow; he is King and he has given the feathered mare a promise.

And while it is a simple one, the possibilities provide uneasy knots in Ru’s stomach. She will not permit herself to hope too much, for the fear of crashing too soon and too quickly. But those possibilities hurry her steps nonetheless, and cause her to chew the inside of her cheek as she does. She is strong without words, but words would help her connect. A broken link is a lonely link. And through her pursuit she eventually spies the large stallion in the woods, calls out with a subdued coo. She stands and points her wing in the direction of the East. Allowing her disheveled voice to travel the distance.

“Ah?”

Her eyes remain guarded, despite her previous excitement on that wintry day. She doesn’t know what to expect. If the Gods would even answer, - but if they did…? The thought is drowned in the practical, and in the present time where they must arrive there first before she can climb that dream. And yet, it has already quickened her heart, and enlivened her eyes – as if the warrior was preparing herself for battle.

As soon as they head out, the feeling doesn’t entirely dissipate. Keeping her distance slightly behind the King, her eyes wander the countryside. She focuses on the iron that has now accumulated in her mouth, and works on numbing her silence with the buzz and hum of previous spars.

Or the sky, for which she would dissolve her spirit once she had the moment. All this travelling by foot would eventually wear out. And her wings would ache, sooner or later, to join the air in its endless dance.  

--
[following Tembovu to the Veins, in the hopes of being healed! derp ;P Waiting on Tembovu to post after.]

Image Credits
@Tembovu
Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
The voiceless mare (though not entirely voiceless, because she could convey a surprising breadth of intentions with her birdlike chirps) was eager to accept the King’s offer to show her the way to the Veins and, by proxy, the Gods. So, when a lull in Kingly responsibilities presented itself (though, not truly a lull in all his responsibilities, the stallion tiredly thought to himself), he turned south towards the Veins with Unyoya in tow.

Though one might think that a long-distance journey with another who could not fully articulate would be boring and dull, the Elephant found it… relaxing. There was relief in the easy lack of words from the chestnut, feathered woman. There is no pressing urge to fill silence; no need to provide conversation that could be responded to. No, instead the King could simply point out areas along their walk, imparting some bits and pieces of his own time in Helovia: the Secret Grove where he had first met the late Nyx (his navy eyes darkened and saddened as he spoke this); the Rotunda where he had found his Moon amulet; the Thistle Meadow where he had helped Rexanna find and name her companion…

Perhaps it was selfish for the man to speak of his own time in Helovia—though he could not exactly ask after Unyoya’s. However, as they traveled further and further south, the Elephant King felt the ease ebb out of the silence; replaced, instead, by an anticipation vibrating from the speechless mare. His navy gaze sharpened on her then, noticing the shiny new skin that told of new scars from her rank amongst the Edge’s warriors. A small, lopsided grin crossed his muzzle at the palpable excitement, accompanied by a hope for the gods to heed him.

“Ah?” Black-rimmed ears twitch at the questioning sound, navy eyes finding a teal and guarded gaze. His thick, dark lips curved, broadening his lopsided grin to a full smile as he offered her one in reassurance, before returning his attention to the uneven and sharply black, volcanic rock.

His heavy strides made a dull, hollow, bell-like sound that tolled above the crash of the surf far below the onyx peninsula’s sides. His thick, equally black horn gestured towards the ruined shrines as his long limbs slowed, “These are our gods,” he paused, lips pressing slightly in amusement as he looked from the ruins to Unyoya and back, knowing full well that the Veins could be… anticlimactic, “Their true presence is far more impressive than their shrines.”

He offered a rueful grin, before stepping back slightly, gaze turned expectantly towards the feathered warrior. He had brought her here, but this was her chance to beseech the gods. He would not—could not— do call them for her.

Image|Table

@Ru

Please tag Tembovu.

Kaos Posts: 37
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: :: Ageless
Admin
“Not all the Gods have shrines though...” Came a voice that sounded almost .... sad. But the kind of sad that an adult feels, when they look back on their battered and broken childhood. A sadness that has already accepted all the consequences and has moved on, but nonetheless longs for something taken away years before.

A black buttery fly with brilliantly glowing blue-green markings flitted by the two as they stood. It danced around Tembovu's horn before darting towards Ru.

“Just the ones they choose to glorify." It continued nonchalantly, the bizarrely stacked and almost digitized voice of Kaos coming from the small fluttering insect. “Those trees over there, signify the lives that the Goddess took ... and yet -" Although a butterfly couldn't shrug, or at least not noticeably so- it clearly did. “But there would be an entire forest if they were being honest.

I had to build my own altar you know. Not many come to visit it though ... but that will change."
Coughing the butterfly/Kaos seemed to get itself back on track. "The Goddess isn't here. None of the Gods are, not today. But I am. And I will happily heal you, Ru. I only ask one small favour in return. Normally I ask those who I have healed to simply let others know what I have done, if they are asked. I am not as boastful as your Goddess. But your case is .. unique, as you cannot complete that particular requirement. Still, I'm sure we could figure something out." The voice was good natured, open, and eager to help.

“What say you?"

kreatures of kaos

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar

R - U

The girl’s eyes search the topography, largely unexplored as Tembovu gives them names. Names she is only vaguely familiar with. But lands in themselves had an essence to them, a mood, an atmosphere – and the Thistle Meadow is the only one she can commit to memory and feeling. The long grasses, and the fragrance of the meadow flowers trickle past her belly, soothing in their passing.

She doesn’t mind his heavy voice carrying the distance between them. It drowns out the anxiety that frills the fringe of her neck. Each nervous escalation softened, as thoughts of Gods and wishes broke free from her mindful restraint.  Despite offering his smiles, steady and bemused, she cannot reciprocate a mind of certainty or calmness. Her eyes twist, glittering within her gaze as her face holds passively in those deep blue eyes. Perhaps she offers only a small and brief smile, feeling obligated to show something for the King’s efforts. It’s not as if anyone else had offered this opportunity. So maybe if she put some effort into it, he’d realize she was truly grateful for his guidance to the volcanic pass.

Her steps follow behind him on the narrow road, soft and muted compared to the King’s. The wild-child takes in the surroundings awed by the heat she could spy from the volcano, and the bubbling pools of lava – ethereal in their blue glow. The ocean’s spray is not far, as it tinges the acrid air – a scent she cannot truly describe, in its waft of super heated minerals and liquefied earth.

When the shrines appear, she lets out a subdued coo that rattles past her throat. Ears pricked forwards, tail swaying as she ducked her head and neared closer. How could she call for just one? As she stood before them, her mind raced with what little knowledge she had on them. Her previous world wasn’t confined to gods. But rather a fluid continuum, and a wholeness with the lands. Perhaps Helovia was like that in its own way, yet – that possibility remained unanswered, untested.

“Not all the Gods have shrines though…”

The voice drifts nonchalant between them. The mare twists her ears about to finally lock on to its presence. Catching the glowing butterfly dancing along Tembovu’s horn.

“Ah…”

Confusion, uncertainty fills the vowel with an uneasy hum. She grunted, flinched back from the talking creature, thing, insect as it danced toward her.

Don’t touch me.

Soon enough, ITS voice carves out from the tiny creature. Turning the girl’s ears against her skull, and ushering a severe hiss from her tongue. Reluctantly she glanced at the trees, only because it was bizarre to see the plant life so near to the volcano.

How could she trust the THING who’d deceived them all from the very beginning? For whatever reason or purpose for the Goddess’ trees, she settled her scalding glare at the thing that threatened her home and people. A snarl wrinkled her nose, as she clacked her teeth and clenched her jaws.

The offer was glorious, it was tangible; but its logic collided with her fierce spirit. Collided with ITS memory in the marshes, and on the beaches. And how foolish she’d felt for following along like a simple, brainless lamb. His rather open and neutral tone did not help his case. Without realizing or prying further, she lunged for the insect with her mouth, and snapped her teeth out for its body.

She could feel tears well up at the edges of her eyes.

Instead of despair she merely felt the heat of anger, fueled by her frustration. And she burned a heat she’d never felt before. Nothing quite like the evening after the storm. When she’d lost them all, and the terrain had offered no answers, no clues. Just the beguiling lull of the wind, and the silence that she’d learn to embrace.
Image Credits
@Kaos    
@Tembovu
Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death

Kaos Posts: 37
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: :: Ageless
Admin
(Skipping temb then)

Her teeth of course, catch on nothing. Kaos, and his minions are far too clever for that.

The butterfly flickers around Ru's snapping jaws, rising slightly just out of her reach, though not too terribly far. Clearly the creature is not afraid of her at all. Something in the way it moves suggests that even if Ru had managed to snap her teeth on the butterfly, she would only have received a mouthful of teal dust for her trouble. 

"Now now, is that really necessary?" Came the soothing voice of Kaos. "But I suppose if it makes you feel better...Now then, I've done something you don't like, and you've tried to kill me. I should think that makes us even. I will admit I was not completely honest in the beginning, but are you free of lies yourself, young warrior? I don't think so. Let us start afresh, shall we? No use dwelling in the past." The butterfly continued to flit lazily in the sky. 

"I take it you will have sen that your Goddess aided me in one of my tasks early on. Surely that should provide you some comfort?"

kreatures of kaos