[PRIVATE] SN: Chocolate & Cigarettes

Reichenbach Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 8 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Space
[Image: 2qujds1.jpg]
MY HAIR WAS STILL ON THE PILLOW,
MY CLOTHES WERE STILL ON THE FLOOR,
YOU DIDN'T CARE, NO DARLING, THE HUNGRY ALWAYS WANT MORE.

He should have paced himself with the drink, for now Reichenbach had that same, familiar feeling that the world was moving sluggishly, that his head was heavy, his movements sloppy. He could go either way when drunk - he could be the life of the party, or withdraw into darker thoughts, memories washing over him like so many waves. Tonight, despite the electric atmosphere, he was turning toward the latter. He hadn't been around such a crowd for a long time, and with the flush of red light from the bonfire and the dip of long shadows it was easy to mistake a face. Too many times he was lost staring into the flames or peering through shadow with his heart thudding heavily in his chest only to confirm that he had been staring at a stranger and not a memory from too long ago.  He watched the flames now, the orange and crimson flickering in the silver of his long lashed eyes.

Closing his eyes briefly to warm his eyelids, he loosed a full, heavy sigh. As every ounce of air from his lungs left his body, he pulled and tugged at the shadow over his heart, placing it under a thin veil of warmth. He would wallow later, in private. His gaze flicked over the mingling bodies around him, landing (by luck, or chance) on the very name tag he had been seeking. With a less than steady tread, he made his way to her side; "Aelfwine?" Was his baritone question, a low and easy murmur. "I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner. I'm Reichenbach, or Reich - I know it's a bit of a mouthful" A warmth filled his belly as he smiled, returning (as usual) to his friendly, jovial self.

@Aelfwine !! I'm stoked to be writing with you!!

stock image
please tag Reich in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark
AELFWINE

The dappled doe hadn’t known that there would be more rounds of dates. So when she had accepted Volterra’s offer to a spar, she hadn’t expected that she’d attend her next date in such a gruesome state. The blood had already dried along her brow, staining the dark tines of her antlers. However, she still carried some bruising and wounds along her neck and chest – a favored spot from the Gladiator for attacks, it seemed. She tried her best to stifle a small limp as she heard her name called, her emerald gaze glancing around for the man who uttered her name, only to find he was already beside her.

Oh!” She admitted with a gentle giggle, dipping her head to him. As he introduced himself, her gaze remained on him. He was stunning, but in a rugged, wanderer way. The exact same way she thought of herself with her obsession of exploring and wanderlust. Perhaps they’d get along well. She offered him a brilliant smile, lifting her head slightly. “Hello, Reich! You can call me Aelf if you’d like. My name can be a bit of a mouthful as well.” She finished her sentence with a wink before glancing down at her body, suddenly self-conscious of her appearance. “I apologize about all the blood. I just sparred my last date.” She explained, looking back up at him with a small roll of her shoulders to appear as a shrug.

Do you spar? I’m more of the exploring type, myself.” Another gentle laugh left her pink snipped lips effortlessly.

"Talk."

this storm cannot erode you,
for you're more than blood and bone.

image credits

@Reichenbach sorry for the wait! I wanted to get an idea of how wounded she'd be. xD I'M SO EXCITED THO <3

Reichenbach Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 8 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Space
[Image: 2qujds1.jpg]
MY HAIR WAS STILL ON THE PILLOW,
MY CLOTHES WERE STILL ON THE FLOOR,
YOU DIDN'T CARE, NO DARLING, THE HUNGRY ALWAYS WANT MORE.

Aelfwine arrived in a tumble of storm clouds and blood, giving cause for Reich's silver eyes to widen slightly, and for his heart to pick up it's steady rhythm within his cavernous chest. He took in her tussled appearance with raised brows, both impressed and surprised as she explained her condition. "I hope you don't fight all your dates" he began, amusement colouring his baritone voice, the smile on his lips widening to a grin. "I guess I spar, but I'm generally more into camping, wandering - and definitely exploring" his lips widened, comfortable around the sweet, amiable Aelfwine. He tossed his ebony curls absentmindedly, his mind brimming with possibilities - if Aelfwine enjoyed exploring, it was likely she enjoyed doing many of the things that he did. Stargazing, camping, music... he couldn't help but to gaze at her, adoration already lining his lustrous eyes. Out of everyone he'd met tonight, she had the most in common with him, and it made him all the more excited to talk with her.

"You live at the Edge?" he queried, eyes lingering on her sharp antlers for a moment before returning to her elegantly boned face. "I've actually been meaning to visit - I've found I can't sleep unless I have seen all of Helovia, it's a remarkable place..." he turned to the fire and back again, the heat warming his dark skin pleasantly ".. with remarkable citizens."

@Aelfwine yay they are so cute!!

stock image
please tag Reich in all posts
Force & Magic allowed short of permanent maiming & death

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark
AELFWINE

I hope you don’t fight all your dates.” The comment caused a soft whisper of a giggle from the dappled mare, doing her best to refrain from wincing at such a feat from the pain that lingered in her chest. She shook her head slightly to him to say “no” as he continued. A grin spread across his lips that was mimicked on her own maw, eyes glinting with a primitive excitement from meeting someone with similar interests. Even if he wasn’t honest, Aelfwine was gullible at times. She chose to believe the best in people. With that, she chose to believe him when he mentioned such things.

He questioned her, then, asking of the Edge. A slow nod was given to the man before lowering her head slightly, moving her head closer to him. “I do, yes. However, I think I’m moving to the Throat.” Her voice was soft as she spoke, as if it were a secret that he couldn’t tell another soul. She pulled away from him with a soft wink before adding in a small nod. “My brothers will still be there.” She paused, head swiveling ever so slightly to glance around for Bartholomeo, from whatever vantage her stalkeresque brother might be watching from. “I’d be honored to take you some time.

Then, she paused briefly. Her gaze gleaming with a hint of playfulness as she glanced toward the handsome, chocolate stallion. “I spent quite a while wandering Helovia before settling at the Edge. It has its perks, though I’d recommend traveling in pairs. I was almost captured once” She admitted as another soft laugh escaped her lips at the predicament she found herself in. “Some beasts here are kind and remarkable, others can be quite the opposite.” Aelfwine noted on a somber note.

"Talk."

this storm cannot erode you,
for you're more than blood and bone.

image credits

@Reichenbach they are omggg <33