the Rift

[OPEN] frienemy

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Patrols were something that the chestnut was not greatly experienced in. He was not one to pride himself in combat skills and certainly not in any kind of sneaking. Tilney was certain he'd forever be a doctor or a father, and that sat quite well with him. The fast life did not interest the calm stag, and fighting certainly didn't, plus stealing was a crime in his eyes.

It had been far too long since had had last beheld the Aurora Basin; his former home. It was the place where he and Arah's love had budded and begun to bloom, thus was a place he would not forget anytime soon.
Tilney did not wait for his Patrolling partner or team, whoever it may be. He was quite certain whoever it was might only slow him down on the slopes. With his cloven hooves, ideal for traversing difficult terrain, he was half-way through the snow field when he recalled just hwo treacherous this place was. Even Mauja had found himself on the bad side of a glacier in this part of the world.
And so with a shiver, the flaxen physician turned, huddling behind a peak in wait for whoever it was who would join him on this treacherous patrol.
Made by Riley at THQ, Translated for Helovia by Neverrmind. art by ariverni

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
Raeden
I Tourture You
And You Know It

She was assigned to go to the steppe. Hopefully, whoever was suppose to go with her could keep up in the frozen conditions. The mare set out on her journey that was so familiar to her. Raeden did not mind traveling up north, and she did enjoy the weather. There were some days that she thought about joining the Basin, but she remembered her loyalty to the herd. The pale woman could not just up and leave everything. With a soft huff, cream hooves stepped into the frozen world. Teal eyes turned to Tin as he scurried beside her. With a smile, they pushed forward into the lands. Then dragging her attention, Raeden noticed track on the ground. Lowering her pointed skull, she began to follow the path. The tracked were cloven giving away the identity of the other beast wondering around. Long golden tresses floated behind her as she followed the path to see a figure in the distance. Coming to a halt silver flecks glanced to Tin to see what he thought. Herd mate. Rolling her eyes slightly she called out the other beast. Trotting closer she froze solid in her tracks realizing it was Tilney. Oh shit... this will be fun

Smiling softly the woman walked closer to the man. Her head hung at chest level, and her cream hooves pick the best route. When Raeden was close enough to catch the man's glance ( if he was going to glance in her direction) she sighed softly. "So I guess we are patrolling this land together." The sentence was brief and almost muttered as she walked. The feeling of her sinking heart and heavy chest overwhelmed every inch of her body. Tin trotted closer nudging her to reassure what she was doing was correct."Tileny I have a lot to tell you. Please let me start with I am sorry. I did not mean to try and hurt you. It was just a very emotional thing, and I am really sorry." Her softened tone filled the air as her sincere eyes glanced up at the man. Hopefully, he would forgive her or maybe hate her a bit less. Raeden was not sure how the moon doctor would react.

"Talk."

@Tilney

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
The flaxen doctor crossed his gaze homebound, or at least in a vague direction of where he knew his home lay, and breathed a soft sigh. What on earth did they expect to find out here? So many deployed patrols took on the search of valleys and ranges of their great continent, and yet, was there anything to find?
Kaos had killed Nyx; that was how Tilney saw it. Anyone who trusted the devil was a sycophant and a fool, yet still so many had delcared their loyalty to the defiler.  It made the golden one question his friends, his superiors, even the strangers he passed in his travels. Even young Kiada professed her admiration for the monster.

The tides in the sky turned far away, a brumous brontide giving warnings and creating a whispering fear in the back of his cranuim; though still, the stag watched as the storm whistled over yonder and the vespertine sun poked through gaps in the trails of the tempest.

It was then as the ginger stag, the one who's pelt contrasted magnificently against the old white sheet of snow, turned his nose eastward that an all-too-familiar voice captured the attention of his ears.
"So I guess we're patrolling this land together" was the woman's murmur; one that caused his nose to scrunch ever so slightly in dislike for the sneak who possessed it.
Allowing his air to escape from his lungs with great forc,e Tilney soon turned on his hocks to stand perpendicular to the lady, allowing her a nod in greeting. He didn't like her, but that didn't excuse rudeness or allow him to be impolite.

When she began to speak once again, his brows raised and eyes gleamed brightly, listening intently as she began by saying she had much to tell him, and then went on to apologise for what he could only assume was her feisty attack all that time ago over Calstron's bleeding body.
The ginger stag gave a gruff snort, shaking his crown. Her apology was easily accepted, though an excuse was something he would always question. "Emotional enough for you to attack me, certainly" The physician uttered in a scolding manner, like a father to a child. "Do you not think about your actions, Raeden? Had Tallis not intercepted, there is a high chance you could have struck me in a vital organ or artery. You could have killed me; and for what?"
With another shake of his crown, the man stepped forth to begin their patrol. "I was unnarmed and off-guard" he finally reminded her, assuming she knew how dishonourable it was to attack an unarmed, defenseless individual.

Stepping over a craggy rock, Tilney turned his nose forwards and let his gaze take him forwards.
"Regardless, I forgive you. I also apologise for any inconvenience or ill-feeling I may have caused you" Tilney spoke calmly, his scolding tone tipping off eventually.
"Now - what is it you have to tell me?"
Made by Riley at THQ, Translated for Helovia by Neverrmind. art by araverni

@Raeden - btw table scrolls! its just invisible :P

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎