the Rift

[OPEN] I have promises to keep

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

- sometimes in the wind of change -

This trip is the result of too many promises and plans. First, she had promised to visit Glasgow, though she did not know if her friend had made it to the Basin yet or not. Still, she owed it to Glasgow to check in, though part of her was afraid to do so. What is Glas had simply disappeared? Too many in her life had already left, and she was afraid of losing yet more of the few friends she had.

But that is not the only reason for her trip. She’d met Tiamat in the Threshold, and the sea-blue mare was more than willing to trade herbs and healing knowledge. Lyanna had told her she would come visit and bring some herbs with her, and she does not want to lose a potential alliance with another healer because she was too lax in her own planning to make the trip.

So she starts her morning early, heading to the garden to collect some the herbs common in the Edge. She bundles them together, ferns and mosses and cedar leaves, tying them as best she can with some long grasses. Then she takes off, taking to the sky as soon as she gets to a clearing from which to leap into the sky. The trip to the Basin isn’t too far by air, and she enjoys the quiet of early morning. The birds chirp and swoop around her, the sun still painting the sky in shades of orange and gold.

There is a third promise that sends her to the Basin. One that she hopes Tiamat or the other Basin members can help her with. A promise to help a friend, and one she cannot give up on. Lyanna knew better than to promise answers she may not find, but she promised to exhaust her sources.

By the time she makes it to the Basin, the sky is blue and the day is turning hot in the beginning of Tallsun. In the North though, the temperatures are rather mild and pleasant, and she can see the appeal of the Basin this time of year. She lands outside the herd, walking the remaining distance to the path that leads into the herd. She stops near the metal sentries she’s seen once before, letting out a call to let the members of the herd know she is there. Not that she doesn’t expect they are watching their border, but she simply wanted to be polite and say hello.

- we find our true direction -

lyanna

@Tiamat, and any others welcome - she's here to talk about healer things :)

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Despite all the years that she has lived in the Basin, Tiamat cannot remember a time when she had patrolled the land’s borders. Given, what she is doing now is more of a casual stroll than a patrol, but she’s never done this before. Her attention had always been focused on other things—healer things. Now with her new responsibilities weighing across her shoulders, she is guided by an instinct to protect, searching more for anything that might be amiss than an actual intruder.

She is not far from the Basin’s entrance when she hears the call. The sound is unfamiliar to her ears, but obviously some sort of summons, and so with both excitement and a sense of duty, the ocean maiden alters her direction through the forest trees. “Lyanna?” She says softly when she sees flashes of black, white, and teal-tipped wings through the branches, only half meant to be an answer to the pegasus’ call. When the blue mare is finally able to break through the jagged line of the woodland and walk freely among the summer grasses, a clear view of their visitor brings a happy smile to her sapphire lips.

“Lyanna, hello! Welcome to the Basin, it’s lovely to see you again,” the Ocean’s Light reaches out to her newfound friend as the distance between them diminishes, the length of her lion tail swaying easily behind her. The two have only met once previously, in the Threshold, but that does not inhibit Tiamat’s warmth in welcoming the winged woman. She had found Lyanna’s company to be utterly wonderful, and is genuinely pleased to spend more time with her fellow healer.

Once breaths and pleasantries are exchanged, along with a gentle nose bump from Nimue, the Lady takes a step back, and notices the bundle that the black mare has brought with her. “I see you are here with herbs—so excited to discuss healing with you! It’s always inspiring to hear what it’s like in another herd,” the early sunlight plays brilliantly off her expression, and illuminates the joy that seems to glow incessantly from her eyes. “Come in, I’ll take you to our greenhouse,” the sea maiden gestures with her curved horn, bidding Lyanna to follow as she turns on dainty heels.

Following trails that she has long-since memorized, the oceanic mare and her companion descend into their beloved mountain valley. “I should probably mention,” Tiamat says after a few short paces, long lashes fluttering against the sun’s brightness as she turns her eyes towards the pegasus, “I’ve recently been promoted to Lady of the Basin, so I’m no longer a ranked healer myself—still, I’m eager to hear what you have to say. It’s not an art you lose love for.” She laughs softly between them, knowing well that no matter her title, she will always have a healer’s heart.

“Speech.”
the Ocean’s Light
we run like a river
runs to the sea

image | texture
@Lyanna @Lena @Vertigo - if you wanted to say hi!
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

Lena the Songbird

Purpose and ambition fueled the Songbird’s essence across the sunlit morning. She only spent a few minutes, a few moments, basking in the glow of warmth from her cave’s aperture, eyes closed, breathing rhythmic, serenaded by the quiet, dulcet glimmer of the day. She imagined the finer sorts of dreams behind her eyes, a world drenched in greenery, in bright, vivid colors and hues, brilliant and incandescent, streaks of lavender, shades of indigo, beautiful touches of cool, sea-drenched blue, and smiled when she seemed to reawaken again, greeting the early hours, the wondrous dawn, with a bow, with a shake, with a promise tucked along her tongue. Then she wandered forward, out in the world, pressing her wild, intrepid dance into the pathways, Imogen following, a flash of white tails and silhouettes.

They embarked towards the greenhouse first, ducking beneath the glassy veneer, exploring the vast hold and array of plants. She took count and measure of herbs already used, which seemed depleted, which seemed barely utilized at all, cataloguing a mental image of those rooted and settled, those needing to be plucked, daintily snagging at a few leaflets and fronds overgrown and wavering out of their designated form. Her mind whirled through the herd members, pondering over their needs, their necessities, who ached, who pained, who’d sought entirely too much influence into psychedelics (tried not to sigh at the last thought), muttered and murmured her notions towards the ivory kitsune at her feet. “Perhaps some more arnica and chamomile,” Lena crooned, thinking of Albrecht’s creaking joint and aching stomach, huffing only a little, pushing long forelock out of her face with a whimsical flush of breath and amusement. Imogen chirped, a beckoning motion of teases and chirrups, and the Mender rolled her eyes at the silent mockery, bending down to sweep her maw across the tip of the fox’s skull, singing and humming all the while.

Once they departed, they instantly roamed towards the borders, where some of the yellow plants had been sprouting, blossoming beneath the warmth of Birdsong, then flourishing as the rains settled amidst Tallsun. They spent several minutes gathering, plucking at a few of the chosen strands, Imogen roaming along and gathering them in a bundle within her jaws. The pair would’ve likely headed directly back to the greenhouse with their wares, had Lena not heard voices ahead, roaming beneath the sentinels’ empty gazes. Curiosity got the better of her, always intrigued, always interested, recognizing the familiar warmth of Tiamat (and wondering how she was getting along in her duties, if she required assistance at some point), the strange, unknown, foreign wavering of replies. She nodded towards her companion, and they both followed the pathway, lingering beneath the refinement of the sun, casting the holy rite of her hallelujahs, of her amiability, as they made their appearance known, effervescent and reverent. “Hello!” She called in sing song, smile dipped in liberation and deliverance, bobbing her head towards Tiamat and the painted, winged mare. “I’m Lena, one of the Time Menders. Is there any way I could help you today?” She glanced to both again, proffering her services to either – and Imogen sat at her stilled hooves again, mouth full of herbs.

Image Credits

@Lyanna @Tiamat

Kyra

Lyanna is not left waiting long, and Tiamat is as warm and generous in her greeting here as she had been in the Threshold. “Tiamat, Nimue,” she says warmly, nodding to each in turn. She’s pretty sure companions can’t understand her exactly, but they always seem to get the gist she assumes through their bonded. But still, she can’t help but address them directly, particularly as Nimue offers her own nose bump in greeting.

“Ah, yes. I did indeed. Some of the common flora in the Edge that I hope can be of use to you. Some cedar leaves, ferns, and mosses.” She doesn’t actually know what the Basin has, so she is hoping these are things they could use and not things that also grow in abundance here. Because of course, part of why she is here is to learn of the Basin and what plants the Mender’s here rely on. “I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting healers outside the Basin, so I confess I am looking forward to it as well.”

They set off toward the greenhouse, and Lyanna’s heart does that familiar stutter at the thought of her friend. Hoping she was okay and happy in the Basin now. Before she can ask though, Tia is speaking again, telling Lyanna of her recent promotion to Lady. Lyanna’s smile widen, teal-eyes turning to the sea-painted mare with a sparkle of joy. They may not know each other well, but the mare seems like a fine leader. “Congratulations! That is wonderful for you. Though I am sure you still enjoy healing. Our own Queen, Alysanne, was a healer before. I still find her in the greenhouse often.”

They continue to walk, and then after a moment, Lyanna adds “I was also wondering if a friend of mine was here. Glasgow? She left the Edge for the Basin not so long ago.” Even if this is not a day where Lyanna gets to see her friend, it would be enough to know she was safe and happy. She cannot stand the thought of losing more of the precious few horses in her life.

Though they don’t get far before another joins them, introducing herself as Lena, one of the Basin’s Time Mender’s. Lyanna thinks she recalls the mare from the festival the Basin had held previously, but in truth, she’d met so many then she wasn’t entirely certain. “I’m Lyanna, one of the Moon Doctors in the Edge. I met Tiamat in the Threshold not long ago, and we made plans to exchange knowledge. And herbs,” she says with a grin, nodding to the bundle tucked behind her wing. She needed a better way to carry things, but it worked for now. “I’d love to pick your brain too, if you have time,” she says with a warm, slightly playful smile.

lyanna

@Tiamat @Lena

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox

His cold gray eyes looked back at a reflection in the calm springs. Steam rose filling his nostrils with the warm moistened air. The reflection of a beast looked back at him. There was a monster filled with scars and damned to hell lurking behind the reflection. A sigh left his maw as he picked up his heavy demonic skull. Two great horns reached for the heaven above as his gaze fell to a few figures off in the distance. Tilting his velvet skull, Nox let his orbs glance upon the curves of each woman. Tiamat was guiding one of the women; she was not someone what was familiar with their lands. Then Lena entered with her small fox at her side. Letting his stone cold eyes narrow upon them he had to wonder what they were up to. Shaking his skull, Nox let the internal battle in his mind continue. Should he greet the mare or just stand away from everyone. SSnorting softly the man decided to move towards the group of mares.

Cracked hooves carried his heavily muscled body closer. Long tresses of his tail tangled and interlaced into each other. The beast was a monster, a demon, a soulless shell with a barely beating heart. He was cursed and damned to walk the earth for all eternity while others could perish and turn to dust. Finally, he came to a halt with all three women. His powerful skull dipped to the Lady and Time mender “Hello Tiamat, Lena, Imogen, and Nimue. I hope all is well, and I do not believe we have met before. I am Nox, a Shaman under Lena. I am interested in learning about healing methods used in Edge. ” He was able to enter in before the painted mare was done speaking. Lyanna seemed very kind, and he realized he could probably learn a lot from the mare. Cold gray eyes landed on Tiamat then the paint mare again “I have not come across a mare of that name yet, but maybe Lena or Tia know if she has made it here.” Deep Latin tones rang out with honey like words.

“Talk.”
Anyone can Die
Only a few live forever

image | coding

@Lena @Tiamat @Lyanna

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

“I admire your initiative,” the sea maiden smiles sideways at Lyanna, truly grateful that the winged mare has made the journey to the northern mountains. While forgot might be too strong a word, the plans that they had arranged in the Threshold have certainly slipped the blue mare’s mind in the past couple of weeks. Ever since her promotion, Tiamat has felt particularly overwhelmed with her new duties (in a good, satisfying way), but little details—such as this one—have often trickled through the cracks.

Honestly, it is a relief to take a brief step back from her role as Lady and into the familiar mindset of healer again—an appreciated breather as she surrounds herself with her beloved herbs and sprigs.

Coincidentally, Lyanna then mentions the Queen of the Edge—a woman who was once a healer as well. “Really?” Tiamat tilts her head to the side, a new twinkle in her pale eyes. “I’ll have to meet her then—it’s always wonderful to talk to someone after my own heart,” the ocean mare laughs softly, quietly marveling at the correlation between herself and this Alysanne, and already she feels a sort of kinship between this woman she has never met.

When the black pegasus continues, a dainty blue ear slants in her direction, while the other splays briefly to the side. “Glasgow?” Tiamat questions, more to herself, tasting the name across her tongue. It is unfamiliar, much to her embarrassment—she is the Basin’s Lady, after all; shouldn’t she know every face and name who calls this highland valley home? Of course, there is the possibility that Glasgow hasn’t arrived yet, in which case the sea mare feels concern for Lyanna and her friend. “I’m sorry, I—” she begins, before the arrival of new faces snag her attention.

First there is the Songbird, ambling through the grass with her kitsune, and with a smile as bright and sincere as the sun. The blue mare reaches out to her, this beautiful woman whom Tiamat will always look up to, no matter the technicality of her rank. And then there is Mortuus Nox, a rough-looking stallion who has found a place close to the Lady’s heart. She brushes his nose with her own, smiling at the progress she can see in him—his very being—and the goodness she has always seen in his heart shining through.

“My dear friends,” she croons in greeting, looking to Lyanna with a smile in her gaze. “Lena was actually my own mentor, she brought me to the Basin many years ago. She’s a meritable healer,” Tiamat speaks admirably, almost reverently, of the bay mare, and gives her a softer grin before sparkling eyes turn to the black stallion. “And Nox has come so far, and has learned so much—I have high hopes for his future,” a playful wink is offered between herself and her rugged friend. In her search to learn the northern ways of healing, Lyanna has certainly found the perfect individuals to teach her.

Only a few more paces further into the gently rolling valley, and the glossy surface of their planthouse comes into view, illuminated by the morning’s bright rays. “Here is our greenhouse,” Tiamat gestures towards the large, rectangular-shaped structure, “It was actually crafted by one of the Edge’s Glaziers.” She smiles broadly, figuring Lyanna would appreciate this fact.

“Speech.”
the Ocean’s Light
we run like a river
runs to the sea

image | texture
@Lyanna @Lena @Mortuus Nox

Lena the Songbird

Perhaps the day was to become even more profound, infinitely better, grander, because they’d settled into fairy hearts and dove tails, secrets of soothing natures and aspiring knowledge, and for the nymph sage, who yearned for sweeping tales of newfound herbs or who craved the earnestness of others, there could be nothing better. Her smile was radiant and pure, divine, scaling past massive walls of rubble and ruin, marching along to the tunes of minuets and satin waltzes; aligned to the foothills, to the valleys, to the patchwork clouds of cotton and lace. She paused in her excitement, in her ebullience, heart restless, enamored (because fellow healers rarely came along to them; she’d bestowed numerous bundles of greenery to those in the Throat and the misty Edge, but they hardly ever appeared here, in the midst of the mountains) to address Mortuus Nox in his appearance, grin wide and full, bobbing her head in greeting. The Songbird nearly balked at Tiamat’s reverence of her too, blushing slightly, cheeks turning a radiant rose before casting the sentiments aside with another embellished, fixated smile, all sunshine and daffodils beneath the luminescent warmth of the summer vestiges. “I’m so pleased to meet a fellow healer! I’d be happy to assist you in anything,” and it was the truth, spun from the gilded passion of her lips, Imogen dancing a trill ahead of them as they walked, further and further towards the wondrous greenhouse, where they intended to deposit their latest findings.

But, something else caught her attention – a name, prospered by Tiamat and Lyanna both, Glasgow, and her smile never yielded, eager to give ample praise to the one who’d created their glorious veneer and recently returned. “I’ve seen her recently,” the nymph supplied, her token amiability and warmth flickering through her singsong melody, courting its buoyancy amidst the atmosphere, poising her eyes back upon the pegasus, hoping to kindle some relief towards the woman in search of her friend. “Cassius brought her to the Basin. I believe she’s joined our crafters.” And then, her maw swept towards the remarkable greenhouse, with its perfected, glazed surface, its sheer outline, its wondrous capability of storing their important wares. “In fact, Glasgow was the Edge’s Glazier who constructed the greenhouse for us,” adding to Tiamat’s information, winking indulgently before meandering closer and closer, ducking beneath the door and assisting Imogen in placing their chosen herbs beside their brethren. A belle, a seraph, a piece of the peaks and earth, molded and refined by its harsh winds and its ruffian defiance, she chimed from within the hold’s lustrous chambers, blooming and blossoming, ready to accommodate or support in any way she could. “Was there anything specific you wished to learn?” Her eyes turned to Mortuus and Tiamat both – for together, they held an infinite world of proficiency, skill, and mastery.

Image Credits

@Lyanna @Tiamat @Mortuus Nox

Kyra

“I appreciate you taking the time to humor me,” she says in return to Tiamat. It would have been easy to postpone a trip to the Basin, though Lyanna had so many reasons for coming. There was always something else to attend to in the Edge. In the same way, it would have been easy for Tiamat to beg forgiveness and send Lyanna home again. She was Lady after all now, and Lyanna knew just how trying a position that could be. Not that she’s ever ruled, but her mother did, and Lyanna stood by her side in court more often than she cared to think about. She wouldn’t blame Tia for being busy.

They switch to Aly, another good example of how busy a Queen can be. “I imagine the two of you would get along quite well. If you have time to visit the Edge ever, I will try to introduce you.” Alysanne rarely played the role of healer anymore, though she did escape to the greenhouse now and again.

But soon Lena joins them, and behind her, a black stallion. She smiles at the black stallion as he introduces himself as Nox. “We use a lot of ferns, in the Edge,” she says with a bit of a playful grin, picking the herb packet from behind her wings and laying it down on the ground. There was a collection of ferns in the bundle. “Much to the chagrin of the younger healers. They do look terribly alike.”

He offers information on Glasgow, or lack of information, as the case may be. She nods, trying to look appreciative, and not let her face fall. Just because two horses hadn’t come across her yet doesn’t mean she wasn’t here, or on her way. But the thought of losing a friend entirely, one of the few good friends she has, always weighs heavily on her heart. But then Lena is talking, saying I’ve seen her recently and the relief that washes over Lyanna is almost palatable. She smiles widens, and she nods at Lena in thanks. “I am glad to hear. If it would be okay, when we are done, could I stay a bit to find her?” She can’t help it, but she wants to check in.

“She finished the Edge’s greenhouse as well before leaving. Glasgow has a knack for flawless work.” She’d tell them they are lucky to have her, but she suspects they already know. Then Lena is inside the greenhouse, calling about what Lyanna wanted to learn. “Yes, actually. More generally, I just hoped to know what methods and herbs you rely on in the North. And more specifically, I have a friend who cannot talk. Well, sort of. She can make sounds, but they come out wrong. It’s possible it’s something only the Gods can heal, but I am curious if any of you have seen something similar? Or have any thoughts?”

So many promises. So many things to do. And along the way, new friends that she’s quickly coming to love. They are kind and generous and she’s a little envious of the group of healers the Basin has. Not, of course, that she has anything against Tilney and Sacre – they are wonderful Doctors. But she has never been close to the boys. Ah, how right Erthe was. Lyanna doesn’t seem to talk to stallions nearly enough. Maybe hanging out with Nox would help her with that problem.  

lyanna

@Tiamat @Lena @Mortuus Nox

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox

Nox smiled softly looking at the small bundle of ferns that Lyanna brought them. Then his attention turned to Tiamat as she spoke about Lean and himself.“Thank you, my Lady. You know I am the way I am because of you and Lena.” He looked to Lena with a thankful nod of his skull. Then his attention fell back to the Ferns. They would be great to add to their collections of plants. Ferns were pretty hard to find around the frozen areas of the basin “Thank you, I am sure we need more of these. Ferns are always useful.” Gray eyes looked to the painted mare.

Then he listened to Lena speak about her friend that finally made her way to the Basin. Glasgow finished their greenhouse not too long ago, and the man was happy to hear she was now residing in the Basin. Looking to the bundle of herbs Nox picked them up and following Lena into the Greenhouse. He reached his muzzle out to hand the plant to Lena; so she can place it where she needs it. Gray eyes glanced back to the painted woman he listened to her question about the herbs that they use in the Basin. Mountian herbs were very hardy plants that could withstand the worse environmental conditions.“Glasgow did such a wonderful job, I am so happy I had the pleasure to help her with this project. I am sure she is a great friend to you. Also, I bet she will be very excited that you made the long trip to the Basin.” His cold features warmed slightly looking to the winged mare.

His eyes then search for a small plant that he had in mind for Lyanna. Looking for the herbs, he came to a small bush like herb, and he carefully picked it up from the roots. Nox ensured that the whole plant remained intact so Lyanna could plant it in their greenhouse at Edge. “One of my favorite mountain plants at Rosehips. They are loaded with vitamin C, and they have high nutritional value. They can also help with arthritis. Just make sure to clean the seeds out and allow them to dry. You can boil and drink the water or eat a few of the dried berries. It has great properties that support the immune system. They can cause diarrhea if you over supplement the vitamin C, so just be cautious of that. They are also high in sugar, but they really are a great herb too have around.” His Maw reached down to pick up the plant. Black scar's glimmered in the sun's rays as he walked back to Lyanna. “Here. please take this plant back with you to your greenhouse. This will make it more accessible to you, but you still have to visit us when you get a chance. It is nice to see other healers sometimes.” The black beast kindly looked to the Moon doctor. He would not mind getting to know Lyanna a bit better. Nox needed more friends anyways.

“Talk.”
Anyone can Die
Only a few live forever

image | coding

@Lena @Tiamat @Lyanna

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Her winged friend speaks, echoing the thoughts that Tiamat has about the Edge’s Queen—how similar they seem, how kindred in spirit, despite the two mares never having met before. Lyanna offers to introduce them, should the blue Lady ever find herself within the southwestern herd land. “I would enjoy that very much,” she says as her smile grows with genuine anticipation, having every intention in visiting the World’s Edge at some point in the near future. The duties of her new rank notwithstanding, it has always been an aspiration of the sea maiden to see all of the other herd lands.

Her pearly eyes sweep then to the Songbird when she speaks, enlightening them with information on Lyanna’s friend, Glasgow, revealing that the mare has not only made it to the north, but joined the ranks of their crafters. Tiamat grins with the news, not doubting that Lyanna is thrilled at hearing that her friend is safe. However, it is the next bit of information—the fact that it was Glasgow who had constructed their precious greenhouse—that makes the Ocean’s Light laugh blithely. “Oh wow! Was she? What a lovely coincidence,” she shakes her head with a tinkling of shells, marveling at the world’s dear ambiguities.

Tiamat’s eyes are still sparkling with mirth as she turns back to Lyanna, when the dark mare asks about lingering in the Basin after their meeting to find her old friend. The Lady’s response comes quickly and easily. “Of course! I’m sure she will be delighted to see you again,” her head tilts sympathetically, knowing well how it feels to go some time without seeing someone dear to your heart. To deny Lyanna this opportunity doesn’t even cross her mind.

Smiling tenderly between herself and her companion, the Ocean’s Light brushes the little orca’s back as Nimue floats past her, following the five-tailed fox when their little group makes their way into the greenhouse. Nox speaks first about their herbs, and she listens while she glances to Nimue, who has continued to trail after Imogen, chirping curiously as the kitsune wanders among the various plants and floras. Turning her eyes back to the scarred stallion and their winged visitor, Tiamat nods in concurrence to the Shaman’s words. “I’ve used rose-hips quite often myself, it is a beneficial herb to have around,” she pronounces with a small smile.

“Another one of my favorites around here is arnica—” flicking her leonine tail, Tiamat turns and exits the greenhouse, finding a plant that grows naturally just outside. Plucking a stem that has several leaves and a yellow flower on it between her teeth, she walks back inside, presenting the plant to Lyanna. “This is arnica! It will reduce inflammation and soothe pain for boils, bruises, rashes, sprains, aches, and other wounds—careful not to ingest it though. Unless you know what you’re doing, it’s only meant to be applied on the skin. This one can only be found in cooler climates, like the Basin or the Frostbreath Steppe—I’m not sure how cold it gets in the Edge, you might have seen it around?”

The ocean mare tilts her head and angles her dainty ears forward, interested in the fellow healer’s answer. She’s not exactly sure what grows in the Edge, or what the climate is like, never having been there herself. While there is an obvious difference between the plants in the Throat and the Basin, it is more difficult to say with the Edge’s closer position. “If not, I can get a few sprigs for you to take back with you,” she assures Lyanna anyway, more than happy to assist her new friend.

“Speech.”
the Ocean’s Light
we run like a river
runs to the sea

image | texture
@Lyanna @Lena @Mortuus Nox

Lena the Songbird

Delight swirled, pervaded, and exuded throughout the glassy interior, friends certain of companions’ whereabouts, amiable conversation floating back and forth, rapture, structure, and healing notes curling through their merry fronds and merciful exploits. It warmed her heart even more, to help, to assist, to ensure there was safety, security, a sanctuary in the mountain haven – to anyone and everyone – and her breath settled, tender and fond, along the affectionate grounds of the greenhouse. She listened for the most part, taking Mortuus Nox’s offerings and placing the herbs where appropriate, avoiding the wandering of Imogen and Nimue as they drew to each and every column of the glossy venue; trying not to laugh in merriment, trying not to pulse with the sheer thrill of their coming together. Her hums started regardless, bright, beautiful melodies soaking into ferns and dew, into petals and stems, stalks and leaves, softening with each intake of air but still remaining just the same – steady, stalwart, a touch of valor and soothing convictions in the thrumming wake of restlessness and exuberance.

The others imparted their wisdom on potential herbs, and she watched, waited, ears shifting, grin rapturous and fluid, eyes drifting to the chosen plants and their assuaging capabilities. Everyone’s sagacity was paramount, driven by the legions of earnestness, by the shields of glory, by the willpower to ensure deliverance despite any circumstance (here she strived to not think about the chaos beyond their walls, to not wonder how many other casualties could’ve been sunken into the marsh). She was proud of all of them, and it showed with her smile, with her elegance, with her tender embrace of their knowledge, hoping to proffer hers in return. Her gaze shifted to Lyanna, then to a plant of her choosing, maw dulcet and silken over the ivory strands, the growing berries. “I’m not certain if they could help your friend, but elderberries are known for treating some allergies and boosting respiratory health.” She paused, contemplating, but without knowing the root cause of her kins’ ailment, she couldn’t go much further. “You could serve them crushed, in some water, and see if it improves anything? They also grow quite rapidly and take to a variety of soil, so if they prove useful, you can surely add some to your gardens.” Perhaps Lyanna and her companion would be lucky and served adequately by the healing efforts of their plants – or, maybe, the sickness would be too much, and could only be renewed, revitalized, regenerated by the Gods’ themselves.

Image Credits

@Lyanna @Tiamat @Mortuus Nox

Kyra

It is strange how quickly she feels at home here, with the Basin’s healer, and like always she finds herself wondering if the Edge had been the right choice. Yet that thought brings a stab of pain to her heart as well, as if to say ‘how could the Edge not be the right choice?’. She just somehow didn’t have the same relationship with Sacre and Tilney, though maybe that was because in a way, she took their existence for granted. How often would she really see Tiamat and Lena and Mortuus? Not enough, certainly. And there’s something about Mortuus that interests her, that comment about how he wouldn’t be the way he is.

She wants to ask him more, wants to know his story, but she knows that now is not the time. That it’s too personal a question to just throw out there even if they were alone. She’s only just met him, and she knows how guarded she is about her own past. Glasgow is one of the few in Helovia that know the full story.

So she lets the conversation turn to Glasgow, briefly, smiling warmly as they say she can stay to visit. “Thank you. Though I admit the trip is a little shorter by air than if I walked.” she says to Mortuus and Tia, already feeling her excitement grow at seeing the scarred mare again. It’s been too long. But then the conversation turns to herbs, the whole point of this visit, and she flicks her ears forward listening closely as Mortuus tells her about Rosehips.

He offers her a plant and she grins. “Thank you. We don’t have this in the Edge. I’m sure I’ll need more and an excuse to visit,” she says with a bit of a wink before adding, “Though I hope you all will come visit the Edge too. We have plenty of ferns to share.”

Then she turns to Tia as the blue mare offers her another herb, one Lyanna has heard the name of but had not yet managed to find in Helovia. “Oh, how wonderful! I have been trying to find some. It’s rather warm in the Edge currently, though it does get quite cold in Frostfall, I don’t think it’s cold long enough in the year for us to have it naturally. Or not that I have found, anyway.” The two companions catch her attention as they wander through the greenhouse, and she can’t help but smile in their direction, amused by their friendship and exploration of the herbs.

Companions are another thing that Lyanna has always wondered about. Wanted, in truth. It might help her feel less alone than she often does, even though she is not alone. She has friends and a life and wonderful things. It is just simply impossible to replace a family, and the hole in her heart never quite goes away. Lena offers another option, one specifically for Ru. Lyanna nods in her direction in a quiet sort of thanks. “It’s certainly worth trying. I wish I knew more about her ailment, but I’ve never seen anything like it.” She pauses for a moment, enjoying the company of her new friends and the herbs that have been proffered. “I think I’m going to have to get a bag one of these days,” she says with a laugh, looking at the variety of plants they have given her.

lyanna

@Tiamat @Lena @Mortuus Nox

Please tag in all posts
Image by Kiki

The sea mare turns her eyes to the brown mare at her side, her tulip-shaped ears tilting forward as she listens to Lena offer advice and wisdom on how Lyanna might be able to treat her muted herd mate. Tiamat is sure that if any healer might know how to cure such a peculiar ailment, then it would be the bay Time Mender, her mentor and friend, whom the blue Lady looks up to with both admiration and respect. Of course, there are still some things that only the gods might be able to remedy.

Nodding once in wordless agreement with the Songbird’s advice, Tiamat turns again to their visitor, her sapphire lips softening with an empathetic grin. “I wish you well in your efforts, and hope that your herd mate can be healed,” she offers the words with a genuine concern in her heart. Perhaps, if there is one thing that ties all of the healers together, then it is a mutual concern for their home and people—the Ocean’s Light can’t imagine a life without her beloved Basin.

“Let us know if you have trouble finding your friend, Glasgow—this mountain valley is not a small one,” she continues as her smile tilts with a doting kind of humor, laughing softly while her white eyes sparkle, “And I hope to see you again soon.” Truly meaning this sentiment with every ounce of her heart, Tiamat reaches forward to press her nose against Lyanna’s. She has found a friend in the pegasus, and hopes to maintain this relationship, despite the herd borders that might separate them. It is a wonderful day indeed!

notes; Sorry it took so long! Loved this<33
“Speech.”
the Ocean’s Light
we run like a river
runs to the sea

image | texture
@Lyanna @Lena