the Rift

Waiting for You to Rescue Me[Open]

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
Leyra longed for to fill that missing hole in her heart. The part of her that wished for a stallion to come to her, to love her, to stay by her side. She trudged through the snow, knowing she was needing some one to love. The hole seemed to affect her body, making her tired. She wished for some one to come, to rescue her from the deep blue pit of no love.

Leyra's tail swished and dragged on the snow frosted earth, she searched for a place to rest, to die alone. She grieved for her lost home. The Edge had been taken over by the Quian, and she wanted them to pay for it. So many horses lost. It had been horrible. Leyra shivered at the thought of losing her life. She walked cautiously into a cave, the sun beginning to sink below the horizon. Leyra lowered her head, praying to the gods that her herd be avenged. She raised her head slowly. Her blue eyes reflecting the light. Her feathered hooves swished the snow around as she walked further back into the cave, longing for her heart to be complete. She needed a friend, a companion, a lover or some one to talk to. Leyra had always been a social little filly, and now she was a social mare, needing some one.

Her mane collected white bits of snow as she stood outside of the cave, watching the sun set. She waited silently for some one to come and rescue her.

Word Count: 254
OOC: Leyra is longing for some one to come and chat with her, a stallion perhaps?
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

I am alone for the first time in a long time and I find the thought terrifying. My heart wrenches and my mind reels at the thought of you, at the thought of where you are and who you are with, what might be happening to you. I want to run back to the land from which I have been banished and save you, I want to curl beside you in the night and tell you that I am sorry, perhaps for the first time in my life utter the truth.

The concept of love is beyond me and it always has been; You were the only one that I loved. My dear, sweet Pyr- so young and so loyal, so alive and innocent. I have stolen this all from you. Under the winds of the Sultana and the lash of my whip you nearly found death. You never found happiness with me, never found contentment. You only found fear and you only found hate.

I have banished myself even further from the land from which I am barred. I do not seek a home, I do not deserve one. I simply carry my dead form through the cold snow and fight off a desire to die. I cannot die, I will never die. Not again.

The arch welcomes me like the gates of hell- it is cold and alone here, the caves are empty and the air around them barren and still. I have not looked up for some time; I have assumed that what I once saw will stay the same. But my dead eyes see another, a creature standing alone in the darkness. Like me, but yet she is still a mortal. I will tread lightly in her presence; I no longer possess the confidence I had before.

I still remember the bars of a cage hanging over me like a prison and your cries.

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Deceased
Dark
Leyra turned her attention to something moving nearby. She cautiously walked closer, her nose stuck out in front of her, but all she could smell was something rotting. Then she caught sight of it.

A horse. One that is neither dead or alive. It is simply stuck between life and death. A horse that has died but has not left its body. Leyra felt pity over the horse. A small act of kindness on her part, was speaking with confidence, as she did not want the small undead equine to become scared. "Hello."Leyra spoke softly, caressing the words upon her lips."I'm Leyra, and you are?" She asked politely, bowing her head. This undead horse looked lonely, shy. She watched it walk ever so softly."There is no need to be afraid."Leyra waited for the equine to respond to her.

Word Count:144
OOC:

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

It appears the mare is in some way or another daft. When others cringe at the stench and mere sight of my form, she has remained. What good does she think can come out of comforting my tortured soul? Why does she bother to tell me her name, does she expect me to do the same? I am tired but not gone; the fire I lack without my companion has still left its traces in ashes. Her tone, the way she walked so close... as if I am a child needing mothering. It is the greatest insult I have ever felt.

I hate little more than I hate mothers. I know nothing of my childhood but that; the crashing of my own mother's hooves towards my face and the flash of light as my neck snapped in two. That will be my image of a mother forever, it is unshakeable. Any that tries to treat me with comfort now, as if I am a child... I will see them as little more than a murderer.

She grows too close, asks too much, and instantly I lash out. In this form I am weak and powerless, if I want strength it will have to be as my other half. I rear as a colt and stand as a stallion, letting my magic flutter over me in waves of illusion. I fall, and daggers sharp enough to kill hit the cave floor with a resounding, echoing crash. "I fear nothing, mortal!" comes my warning cry. I know her name but I refuse to use it. Few in this world are worthy of direct address, and she is not one of those few.

My figure flutters in and out of beauty and death as my mind falters and returns to you. Oh, what I have done to you... I cannot bear the thought of it. My despair turns to rage and the rage focuses on the unwitting and unlucky mare in the form of fiery eyes and a look betraying the intent to kill. But not innocent, no, she is not innocent. There are no innocents in this world.

[[Heads up, he's a unicorn, not an equine. :3
WC: 357]]

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Deceased
Dark
Leyra wasn't appreciating the way this undead thing was acting. "So then you won't be scared if I tear you apart piece by rotten piece?"Leyra spat. The rage in her eyes burned like a fire, engulfing anything in it's path.

Leyra's cloven hooves pawed at the snowy ground. Her frustration grew. Who does this thing think he is?! Leyra's sweetness had seeped right out of her. She snorted, the air from her nostrils appeared as smoke because of the cold weather.

Leyra was ready to attack. She reared up, her hooves slamming into the ground with such might and fury that ice fell from the ceiling. Leyra glared at the thing in disgust. A mutilated creature, probably used to be quite adorable, was now the walking piece of rotten flesh that stood before her.

OOC:
Word Count: 135