the Rift

[PRIVATE] burn everything you love then burn the ashes

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
He'd never thought that a crushed skull could explode in such a gory, hideous manner. Who would have realised that pieces of bone and flecks of grey, gooey brain can stick to the feathers of a stallion's feet, whilst smudges of crimson spatter as high up as his chest?

The scene is a brutal one. Volterra steps slowly away from the remains of his lover, the hatred in his heart beginning to ebb slowly away as adrenaline leaves his system. What's the point? Airlia is dead, but he feels no satisfaction in the notion. His daughter is still equally as dead, and he's just as alone.

The dragons circle to land beside him, pressing their great scaled bodies against him as he stares blankly down at the mangled corpse. Their battle-lust has faded, smothered by the grief radiating from their bonded. In a way, they have lost a child too. They love all Volterra's offspring by virtue of their bond, yet their misery is tainted with glee at their hand in Airlia's demise. They can't fully understand how lost the Indomitable now is, drowning in the knowledge that he failed his child.

The titan turns away, limping heavily from the wound to his leg. He can see his daughter's ruined corpse among the trees and knows he must attend to it, give her a proper burial. Airlia will be left for the wolves, but Vezér deserves to be laid to rest. It's the least he can do, and yet he cannot bring himself to approach her body. Seeing it again will remind him how real his current situation is, and he doesn't know if he has the strength for that.

"I'm so sorry, Vezér," he says to thin air, his head bowed and his neck arched. He is misery personified, as though all the bones have been taken from his body to leave him empty.

vezér&volterra

image | coding

Set directly after he kills Airlia :D @Vezér

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Vezér Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 17hh :: One year
Pare
She had slept soundly under the eye of her mother. She thought it was strange the usually viscous mare was being so nice to,but the tender child side of her longed for the gentle touches her mother had given her. Dreams of heartwarming family outings filled her with longing. The filly wished her family was like the ones of her dreams. They were sweet and playful at the same time. Sleep and dreams left all at once as scarlet eyes flew open. Her dainty head lifted and a heavy sigh seeped from her muzzle. Her life would never be picturesque, she knew that, a small part of her always had.

Carefully she rocked to her hooves scarlet eyes looking around for her twisted mother. As she wondered around trying to find the mare a random foal found her sleeping spot and curled up hidden like she had been. She had no idea it was happening or that her mother would kill the poor thing. She walked for a long time looking for her mother or father. It wasn't until she heard the screaming and yelling that she turned and started running.

Had that been her father's voice yelling, and her mother screaming? Fear raced through her as she raced back. If only her legs were longer, if only she could make it back before whatever happened happened. Where they being attacked? No, she couldn't imagine her Apa being bested by any manner of beast. Then what could it be?

The overwhelming sickly sweet scent of blood slammed into her. It was almost like hitting a brick wall. Thin alabaster legs scrabbled for purchase as she threw on the brakes. Her body quivered and sweat coated her young body. Scarlet eyes bulged as she froze at the sight. Her Apa covered in blood, mother dead, and a mutilated corpse were spread out. Her sides quivered stomach rolling like the ocean.

Deep words reach out and stroke her ears causing her gaze to shift to the mammoth man. His head is bowed and body sagging. With a great cry the filly races to his side. "APA!!" She tries to thrust her way around Vérzés, since he has always been nicer, to her ebony father's side. "Apa, what happened?!" Her eyes shifted to the broken body of her mother. 'I know I should be sad, crushed even, but I'm just not...' In truth the girl was relived. There would be no more beatings no need to fear home. She quivered trying to thrust her muzzle against his massive shoulder reassuring herself that he is alive and well.

Talk
Words;; 434
OOC/Tags;; @Volterra Oh gosh, so many feels!
vezér&volterra
‎"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes.... chaos. We're agents of chaos...”

image | coding
Please tag
Doesn't have her collar

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
APA!!!

For a moment, he doesn't turn. The voice must be a figment of his imagination, a cruel quirk of fate designed to make him suffer even more than he already has. The leviathan stays where he is, staring vacantly into the distance, hoping the voice goes away before his heart breaks even further. There's only so many times it can snap, shatter - the fault lines run like crooked smiles across it, and it's held together by gravity alone.

But the dragons are unleashing loud, raucous bellows of joy, their gleaming bodies soaring through the air as they cry their joy to the sky. Volterra pins his ears, disgusted that his own mind-companions can be so happy on a day like this. He turns to glare at them, and....there she is. It cannot be possible, it cannot be true, and yet she is there, solid and whole and alive. "V...Vezér?" His usually authoritative, confident voice is a confused stutter as he turns and staggers towards her, needing to touch her, feel that she is truly there.

She closes the distance first, pressing her muzzle against his shoulder, and the titan releases a clenched bellow of joy as he buries his face into her fur and inhales the sweet scent of her. She's alive. Never has such relief flooded through him, the grief lifting from his body like a balloon as he embraces her. "You're alive...thank all the Gods, you're alive." The dragons continue their symphony of delight as their mammoth bonded holds his daughter so close that he might never let go, as though he can absorb her into his body and ensure she is never endangered again.

What happened?

The words ring in his ears as he peels himself away and looks between Airlia's corpse and the dead child. Oh. But she'd vowed that it was their daughter that she killed! Had this all been an elaborate plan to break him? Surely, though, she would have realised that killing the Indomitable's daughter would sign her own death warrant? "I caught her with the mangled body of a child, and she told me it was you. I thought she'd killed you, Vezér." He pauses, swallows hard. "So I killed her."

He looks numbly down at the mare's shattered remains, and an unfamiliar feeling begins to creep through him. For the first time in his life, Volterra thinks about something he's done and wonders if perhaps he shouldn't have done it. This regret is entirely new to him - he lives and dies by the sword, and usually does not dwell on past actions. But this time...This isn't a simple slip, a word said out of context or an insult unfurled too harshly. This is life and death. He's killed a woman under false pretenses, for a crime she did not commit.

But she did commit it. That is still somebody's son or daughter ruined between the trees. She still slaughtered a child. It might not be his own - and thus vastly less important - but it was still a child. He stares over at the foal's carcass and blinks heavily, the regret weighing him down like a lead weight. He tries to shed it, focus on the return of his beloved offspring, but he can't. Other things Airlia said are weighing too much on his mind. "She told me she used to beat you. Is that true?" He feels his hooves gripping the soil as he pictures such a notion, his injured leg forgotten as he contemplates the woman hurting his daughter.

vezér&volterra

image | coding

Emotion for his quest: regret

@Vezér

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

Dragon's Throat Filly
Pare
He stands stock still as she raced towards him. Her scarlet eyes flashed with fear as thoughts of him dying ran through her mind. His dragon's screeched the joy her own heart screamed. His deep voice draws a dry sob from her throat. The second their skin touches her heart lightens and the fear lessens. She buries her face against his side breathing in his scent forcing the worrisome smells out of her mind; blood, brains, and unbridled rage. A shiver ran down her spine as she looked up at him.

Her head bobs against his massive side as his words fill her. "I am well Apa, it's alright. I'm here now and I love you" Her voice was a gentle coo as she tried to sooth his frayed nerves. She could only imagine the torment her twisted mother had bestowed upon him. The girl was all to familiar with how wicked the mare had really been.'I mean what mother beats her child, then pretends to kill her?!'

Volterra pulls away and glances at the corpse. Dark ears prick to catch the reason behind the killing. White tassels swish behind her small frame thoughtfully. "She didn't know I left..." Scarlet eyes switch to watch her father. "Maybe she really wanted to kill me Apa..." With those words she is glad the mare is dead. Anger boils under her hide as she glares at the corpse before looking back at her father.

Her days of fear and pain were over; gone was the time of hiding and avoiding. Now she could walk the Throat freely without a concern in the world. A great weight lifted from her shoulders with the death of her dam. A soft sigh escaped her tender muzzle. Her gaze settled back on the Indomitable and she wondered what he was feeling. The filly couldn't imagine her life without him, much less how he felt without her. Swallowing she looked up at the dragon's crying happily above.

Dark words, words she would have never spoken, rolled from his lips. Silver speckled eyes bulged and her mouth worked uselessly. How could she tell him the truth? How could she potentially break his heart? Tears blurred her vision but the filly refused to allow them to fall. Taking a deep breath the girl tried to meet her father's gaze, "She didn't lie Apa. I never wanted you to find out... I was handling it on my own." She swallowed hard, praying he wouldn't be angry that she had hidden that fact from him. He was so busy with the herd and his own life. The splashed filly didn't blame him, not even a little. The only one that should carry blame was dead. A snort ripped from her lunges as she glared at the body for a moment before she turned back to her father. "Please Apa, don't blame yourself, just her. She was the only one in the wrong. There wasn't anything we could have done, besides what you just did."

Talk
Words;; 502
OOC/Tags;; @Volterra
vezér&volterra
‎"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes.... chaos. We're agents of chaos...”

image | coding
Please tag
Doesn't have her collar

For a man who prides himself on his strength, Volterra feels remarkably shaken as he looks upon the precious visage of his daughter. It is a dream come true when he sets eyes on her, realises that she's alive and well and can grow to fulfill all the plans he has for her. As the girl explains what happened, it becomes apparent that Airlia wasn't lying - she genuinely had thought that she'd killed her daughter. That only proves the sheer psychosis of the woman and somewhat lessens the warlord's regret, but there's still a hint of it in the back of his mind - should he have done what he did? Or did that only lower himself to her level?

The titan has always taken a certain pride in the act of taking a life. For a creature like Volterra for whom power is paramount, the utter domination of killing someone is....exquisite. Remarkable. Yet he'd always imagined his next kill to be in a similar vein to that of his battle with Gashad, two opponents going blow to blow with their lives as the prize. His attacking of Airlia had been a slaughter. She'd seemed as content with her death as he was, and that takes away some of the glory of it. It also makes him wonder even more if he should have done it at all, but he quickly reassures himself that yes, he should. She beat and abused his precious daughter, thought she'd killed her - for that, she deserved to die.

There's guilt about him even feeling the regret in the first place, because she still murdered a child. But he tries to force these thoughts aside and focus fully on Vezér.

The tears fleeing her eyes ensure that he knows the answer to his question before she says anything, and the notion makes his gut clench with hatred. How could that woman have done such a thing? To her own daughter, her flesh and blood? "I'm so sorry, Vezér. I should have noticed. I should have stopped it sooner." What sort of negligent father fails to notice such a thing? He'd always put her injuries down to the bumps and bruises of childhood. When she reveals why she didn't tell him, the guilt pervades him further. "You should never have to handle this sort of thing on your own. I am your father, and this is what I'm here for. Whenever you need someone's ass kicked, I'm here." He forces a smile, although it's watery and weak. "I will always protect you, my little queen. Swear to me that if anybody ever hurts you again, you'll tell me. So I can break them into pieces and bring you their head as an apology." Another smile, this one fierce, his eyes blazing. He is the sire, and his progeny are not to be trifled with else the perpetrator risks the unbridled fury of the Indomitable.

"Here." From his mane he untangles a small dragon skull totem, given to him by the tree. He seeks to tuck this into his daughter's own mane, nestling it amongst the strands. "So you always have a part of me with you to watch over you, and to remind you that I will destroy any that lay their hands on you."

vezér&volterra

image | coding

Vol is giving this to her:

:: [ Item: Trinket | A small dragon skull totem. ]

@Vezer

Dragon's Throat Filly
Pare
Her head bowed as she thought of how mothers were supposed to act. They should love their kids, teach them how to be kind and loving. Her mother had taught her how to take a punch. How to live on your own and deal with your own issues. She was inexpedient and didn't need anyone to lean on. She wasn't completely alone at least, she had her Apa and Testvér. They would always be there for her, right? She couldn't bear the thought of losing them. A girl needed a father not to mention an older brother. Every little girl should have an older brother to play with, to love, and to protect her.

There was no doubt in her mind Tyrath would always protect her. There wasn't anything he couldn't keep her safe from. She remembered him in his massive dragon form with smoke billowing from his muzzle. A small smile crept over her face at the thought before another chased it off. Airlia standing over her teeth bared. 'Stupid girl!' Her head snaked downwards grabbing her tender foal flesh. She never drew blood, never left more than a bruise. She hadn't thought anyone would belive her own mother was beating her.

Tears slip form her pretty eyes and she glares down at the ground. Focusing on the fact she would never be beaten again she stopped the tears. Taking a deep shuttering breath the girl turned back to her Apa. When he speaks her head shakes to the side defiantly, "You could never have noticed, not unless I wanted you to." His next words bring a small weak chuckle from her and she tries to press her muzzle against his massive chest again. Why hadn't she realized that before? Why had it taken this for her to understand he was her protector. He was her armor and sword. Carefully she stepped back and gazed up at him lovingly.

Her heart swells and her anger blazes with his own. Her head bobs with one harsh movement. The girl will never suffer alone again and her brave Apa has given her that security. Her eyes widen in surprise as he gives her a small token from his mane. "Oh Apa, thank you." Her head turns slightly so he can place it. "I'll never take it off." Then an idea hits her, "I take that back."[/color] Her eyes blazed and flash with her determination and love, "I will give it to my first born, to remind them I love them and will protect them like you protect me." Her eyes sought out his searching for his approval. When she has her own child she will be the best mother any child could ever ask for. She will take her sword to the throats of any that threaten or harm her foals.
Talk
Words;; 470
OOC/Tags;; @Volterra
vezér&volterra

image | coding
Please tag
Doesn't have her collar

It is a father's duty to protect his offspring. In allowing Airlia to harm his daughter, Volterra has failed....but it is a failure that he is trying to correct. Destroying the woman has gone some way towards doing that, but he knows that he owes the girl a whole lifetime of protection before he can truly say that he has made amends for his sins.

He thanks her for the totem and he simply nods his head. "Dragons are, aside from ourselves, the proudest and most powerful creatures in the land. I cannot wait until you bond to one yourself." There's no question in his mind that she will - two of his offspring have already bonded, and he knows that dragons will value the strength that glows in the bones of his progeny. As she mentions giving it to her firstborn, he smiles and presses himself closer to her, inserting humour into his voice and posture as he looks sternly down at her. "As long as the father of your child does the same. If he shirks his duties, he will have me to answer to." And no man in their right mind would want to get on the wrong side of the onyx warlord.

Glancing down at the corpse, he presses himself against Vezér and seeks to start walking away. "Come, let us return home. The forest animals will take care of the body." The mare does not deserve a burial or a send-off - she will rot here whilst her soul writhes in hell.

vezér&volterra

image | coding

Figured we could end it here <3 @Vezér