the Rift

Becoming the Storm(Any god)

Tisco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Silence was all that greeted Tisco as he traveled to the Veins. His hooves touched the ground gently. His eye set on the shrines before him. He stopped and thought. Is this really my wish? Should I wait? What shall I do if a god answers me? Ask them, and tell them the truth. But I have so many wishes!! I suppose my first one will do best.Tisco concluded. He picked out his wish that he most definitely wanted. To be the storm itself. Tisco planned out his movements, his question, what he shall say. He went over everything hundreds of times, making sure this is what he wanted. He wished with all his heart. His bay body was planted atop the strong legs that carried him closer to the shrines. He took several deep breaths and prepared himself. His wish was planted within his head."Gods of the land, may you hear out a young and powerless stallions pleas?"

Tisco sunk back, waiting for one of the gods to respond. He was full of worry, as the gods did not answer too often. Tisco waited patiently, his heart fluttering with excitement.

Word Count:195
OOC: Tisco is really excited!!And so am I!!! Hopefully a god replies!!

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
Darkness clouded the scene, and the temperamental deity that guarded the night reared her magnificent head. In the dark winds of her evening storm, her silver mane thrashed and her delicate body lifted itself from the shadows. She stretched wide and long, appearing directly behind the shrines that the unsuspecting stallion had called upon for his magic. She held the idea of it before him now and dangled it like a carrot, tossing her head and bringing the storm all at once. Thunder rumbled when there was no lightning in the sky, clouds gathered and with a grinding of teeth, a smattering of rain managed to fall.

"Tell me Tisco," she said without rising from her lying down position or even turning to look at him fully. Her eyes were aimed at the distant darkness, her mind was on the arrival of her brother to this land she had so proudly called her own for so many years. "What is it exactly that you seek?" She turned then to look him over; how small he was in comparison. Still she did not grace him with any sort of formality, the mortal would likely only disappoint her in the end. She would have to make sure he was challenged while he still held hope.

[[I've looked at your wishlist; You cannot have both snow and thunderstorms as a part of one magic, so let me know which one you would like to choose.]]

Unregistered
Tisco gaped at the goddess. He didn't expect his call to be answered. With his courage gathered, he spoke to the dark goddess. "I wish to create a thunderstorm around me, turning my coat gray like the storm clouds, and inflicting damage to my enemies with the thunder."Tisco gazed at the goddess. She did not look at him until she had finished speaking. Tisco knew something was up. He watched as the sky grayed and thunder roared like a proud lion. Tisco marveled at the goddess's size. He waited for the goddess to tell him what he needed to do to get the magic he seeked.

Word Count:107
OOC: Sorry. I'll fix the wishlist right now. But he's technically asking to become one of the storm clouds and shoot some thunder around at any horse near him.

Helovian Ancient
Admin
The Goddess looked back and down at the stallion, who spoke so quickly and with such eagerness that she just wanted to close his little mouth and watch him struggle with the thought of silence. His small mouth hung open like a codfish's; he seemed unable to grasp the concept of her presence, or perhaps, she thought in a self-flattering way, her beauty.

She would never have revealed if her storm was her subtle way of showing him what was to come, even had he begged and offered her his life. His life meant little to her. No, she would like to see him suffer in a very special manner. She would toy with him while she still could. "I fear that you do not fully understand the power that you seek, little thing," The Goddess voiced apathetically, her words each a soft roll of thunder in the distance. Each flick of her tail was a whistle of the wind, each shifting of her body a strong gust that threatened to blow away even the strongest of mortals. "Weather three storms caused by your mortal kin without aid and I will grant you the power that you seek," The Goddess spoke in a commanding tone. She had grown bored of the mortal before her, and desired to be alone with her storm. She could only hope he would understand the growing darkness and rumble of thunder as a sign to usher him away.

[[It's fine- very cool power idea. So he's not actually becoming a cloud, his coat is just taking the appearance of one? And his thunder, will that harm by stunning others with its sound?

Regardless, your quest: There are four characters on this site that currently possess the magic to summon some sort of storm; thread with at least three of them and weather their storms, and then return to the Veins of the Gods to receive your magic. While in these storms he cannot get help from any sort of healer, or anyone that could chase away the storms. If you need help finding these characters, I suggest making a plot thread specifically for this quest.]]

Unregistered
[[So technically I have to make them mad or use their storm magic on me?? If so, it's gonna hurt Tisco. A LOT.]]

Helovian Ancient
Admin
[[It's up to you and the other rper how the use of the magic comes about; he doesn't necessarily have to make them mad, he can simply explain to them the quest and hope they will oblige. It doesn't matter how the use of the magic comes about, just that it happens and he weathers each storm without aid. It might hurt him, but it's the price he has to pay for the magic.]]