the Rift

[OPEN] Fly Away [Death]

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

The nightshade had tasted bittersweet upon her tongue when she first bit into them. Like a balm the juices had coated her throat, a potion that would take away all the worries and pain. She had remembered. It had taken an accidental blow to the skull to regain her memories; and when she did it shattered her. A crumbling mess that couldn't pick up the pieces she had come to the place where she always found comfort. Whether it be with a spotted mare and a few fellow foals for story time, or to lay herself down with the man she might have loved. She had forgotten her daughter. The girl who was no longer really a girl and honestly who was she to her now? Certainly not her child. The spotted woman didn't deserve to call her such a thing.

It had been about 6 hours since she had eaten nearly a whole bushel of the berries. Like sweet candy she had popped them into her mouth one by one until she couldn't bear to swallow anymore. The guilt was building with the fever. She had come here because this was her only constant in life. As she began to stumble and sway towards the rotunda she stared blearily at the tapestry. She always thought the fabric to be beautiful. Even as she let her eyes fall upon the spot where Quilyan had died she could only smile, eyes dead as she giggled lightly and fell to her knees. Her tongue ran over her lips, seeking moisture where she could find none. It was almost time, she could feel it. Soon she would finally be free.

She didn't realize she had been crying until the salty tears had found their way onto her knees, to the ground where they would be forgotten. She didn't even know what time it was. Her world was spinning and all at once she could see Mother, standing over her with the most joyful smile across her complexion. She could feel her muzzle against hers, could smell the scent of cherry blossoms and sunshine that seemed to melt into her coat and she smiled whilst sobbing. Mother had always been so beautiful, she only realized just how much now that she finally got to see her again. Quilyan was here too, standing in the back and smiling; calling to her: "Come Myrrine, let us run away from here. You deserve to not feel pain any longer."

" Yes my love,"she whispered in response, eyes closing as she smiled dreamily. She would walk with Mother and Quilyan through the yellow flowers and dance, and they would sing and praise the Gods for the beautiful sunshine and how good life was. What a shame she would no longer have the luxury of breathing. A bird flying from the trees disrupted the illusion, causing her to gasp and writhe upon the stone floor. It was hot, she was so so hot and she couldn't stop sweating. She felt as if she would burn alive, would die of thirst then be burned to ashes by the heat building. There wasn't an escape from this Hell that she had placed upon herself. Now she was crying harder and she didn't think it would end because she just wanted this all to stop.

Mauja had told her the first time she had tried killing herself that he'd miss her. She began to ask herself in her mind multiple times if he had been lying for her sake. She was the worthless girl with the sad smile and the pretty wings that couldn't catch a break. The mother who was never a mother and couldn't make her daughter feel loved. The flower child with the happy smiles and optimistic outlook that got crushed by the weight of reality. Such a shame that no one could have warned her sooner of the inevitable. So here she lay, a sweating mess below the stained glass and grasping onto what sanity she had left. It was so deep into her veins by now, crawling through her senses like an eager beast that would claim her in one fell swoop. She would leave this world how she came into it; alone and forgotten.

Birds were beginning to sing, to whistle a mournful tune around her delicate body that seemed to resonate in her soul. Her body felt as if it were swaying yet remaining still all at once; and the colors began to blend together up above her. Time was slowing down and she was following it at the same pace. It wouldn't be long now. Would she find her forgiveness in the wake of death? She couldn't feel her lips anymore. Eyes fluttering open and close at a rapid rate, her body would slowly rise and fall with each fading breath. She was so close she could taste it, and how she wanted to just take a bite. This way she could finally forget; of the days where life was simple and beautiful. Of when she met a boy who made her feel at home and taught her how to love. Of the times she cried because life was hard, but there was always someone to offer a shoulder to cry on. Of the spotted man who was the closest thing she would ever get to a father. Of a painted prince who taught her that life came with mistakes. That no one was perfect.

But what she didn't think she could ever forget were those beautiful eyes and pastel butterfly wings. Of a patched and speckled babe who just wanted to be something for her Mama; and it never was enough. So as her eyes closed for the last time she sighed, mind running to the loud and exuberant foal that would always be her daughter. Because despite everything; Laume had been loved.

"For...give... me..." she begged upon her final breath, and then she was no more.

" Speak"

OOC: Myrrine's cloak and flower crown will go to @Laume
Her pink flower charm and moon amulet will go to @Mauja
Her two vases will go to @Tembovu to be used and donated to the Edge.

Thank you to everyone who wrote with me and Myrrine. It was amazing, and I love her so much; but her journey was over. Please feel free to post to say your goodbyes if you'd like!

MYRRINE

Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Tembovu @Mauja @Laume
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Mihtal Posts: 26
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 8 years HP: 56.0 | Buff: Novice
Reli
It is by nothing more than coincidence that I stumble upon her.

I cannot remember her name, having only met her once among evening shadows and lamplight, but I could never forget a face—and, of course, those peculiarly beautiful wings of hers, which are unlike any of those I had seen among the bustling streets of Uumalah. I may not be able to recall her name, but I remember that she was kind. Perhaps even a little too kind, but that is only up to my own corrupted judgement, because she had treated me with gentleness and compassion when she had no need to. I might have not known her well, but knowing that is more than enough.

Ascending the smooth, marbled steps to join her at the Rotunda’s floor, I pause for a moment, staring. The sunlight filters in through the stained-glass roof overhead, falling in colorful shafts of light that dance across her figure—nearly giving the illusion of life, if there wasn’t something so eerie about how still she lies beneath the kaleidoscope of illuminations. This is not my first time seeing a body (though my broken heart screams for it to be the last)...all the same, this Rotunda might just be the most beautiful burial ground I have seen. It is very fitting for her, I decide.

Wandering across the smooth stone floor, my eyes can’t seem to leave her face, and I study her young (far, far too young—) and delicate features with a softened gaze. Her eyes are a warm hazel, and quite beautiful; a detail I had failed to notice when we had met. She seems to be staring off at something (someone?) and, after examining her frozen expression, I tell myself that she looks happy.

Despite whatever it is that had driven her to such misery (because the sweet sting of nightshade is a poison that I recognize) at least in death, just maybe, she has found the peace that she had so sorely longed for. “Qad tajid ‘akhiraan alssalam, farashatan sayida,” I murmur humbly in my native tongue, blessing her with whatever little benedictions that I (a broken woman) can give. Reverently I reach down to brush my muzzle across her face, closing her eyes so that she could be sleeping, and finally put her to rest. “Qad tajid alssalam,” I whisper again, my breath warm across her cold cheek.

notes; @Watermel0nBob <33
“Qad tajid ‘akhiraan alssalam, farashatan sayida” : “May you finally find peace, lady butterfly
“Qad tajid alssalam” : “May you find peace”
“Speech.”
I pirouette in the dark
Tired mechanical heart—Beats til the song disappears

image credits
please tag Mihtal in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

" they say an elephant’s eyes speak the greatest language… "

The Elephant wasn’t sure what drew him out of the Edge’s glass-shorn borders. But, whatever it was, it was urgent, and pushed his thick, long limbs in purposeful steps towards the south. Mbwene’s own short and stocky limbs shuffled in a quick trot to keep up with her bonded.

As he kept this brisk pace towards the unknown pull, he allowed his mind to wander. There was much for the Elephant to think of—his life, which he thought would become simple and happy once his family was reunited had become the opposite. It was tumultuous, frenetic, filled with responsibilities that pulled him in more directions than he had time. Unbidden, his ears had begun to lay flush with his skull as he racked through all the things he should be doing, rather than whatever it was he currently was doing. Why had he even left —

Stillness.

Abruptly, the Elephant stopped. Mbwene crashed unceremoniously into his haunches with a disgruntled trumpet, but Tembovu paid her no mind. His entire attention was focused on the still, spotted body that laid lifeless on the Rotunda’s floor. Some disjointed birdsongs droned distortedly into his ears that now strained forward—as if some strange and haunting melody wove him into a ghastly trance.

Legs slowly shifted into motion, carrying him through the languidly flapping, sheer drapes that seemed to tease him with the truth as Myrrine’s body floating in and out of view. Though his mind registered another there—one speaking a familiar language that was not the common tongue—his shell-shocked mind was too entirely focused on the still body that was not at his hooves.

His great head dropped to her skin, still slick from sweat—though it was drying and crusting over her spots in some places, now. It hovered for a moment, before he gently pressed his muzzle into her chest; as if seeking some whisper of breath or promise of pulse.

But there was one; he knew that before touching the now lukewarm skin. His ears tilted back, darkening navy eyes closing as his lips pressed tightly, sadly together. A long, pained breath pushed out of his nostrils—so quickly forgotten were all his troubles. Instead, his mind was filled with a sweet but sad-eyed butterfly who helped him regain his memories of his first son and love. It had been a bittersweet moment, filled with happiness and memories; but it had helped the King more than she knew.

His muzzle slowly moved to Myrrine’s face, lips gently and lovingly closing her lovely, sightless, hazel eyes—before death could rob them of their beauty with cloudiness. “Kupumzika kwa amani, rafiki yangu,” he murmured quietly, voice hoarse and nearly catching, “Pumzika kwa amani.”

A low, quiet, painful bugle came from behind him: Mbwene, her eyes bright with tears about to be shed.

Kupumzika kwa amani, rafiki yangu. Pumzika kwa amani. = Rest in peace, my friend. Rest in peace.

" what else can make one feel so much without a word? "
image | table by cai

@Myrrine :'[

Please tag Tembovu.