the Rift

[OPEN, TEACHING]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
[THIS IS AN OPEN TEACHING SPAR! PLEASE ONLY REPLY TO THIS SPAR IF YOU WANT TO BE TAUGHT.]

archibald & loretta
They took for granted your soul
And it's ours now to steal

The world as an outcast was just as he remembered it being. It had been quite a long time since Archibald lived in the wilds, before he was Captain of the World's Edge, before he was King of the World's Edge, before he was Czar of the Hidden Falls...it had been years now. His body returned to the life of a vagabond with ease, and his muscles seemed to release a deep sigh. Ah, yes, this is familiar his body seemed to say, and he relaxed into this position without crown.

But if anyone knew Archibald, as many did for living as a legend in Helovia for so long, they knew the Dauntless would never truly be without crown.

The stallion was a warlord, having led several battles in these lands. He was not one to stand on defeat, and never would be. Even as an outcast, as a vagabond, his body was finely tuned for the art of war. Bloodshed was his first nature, and that would never die within him: Archibald would always be the king of warfare. He stood now on his chosen battlefield where, only recently, he had chased off a cowardly stallion who refused to engage with him. The lack of a combatant to face him left the stallion in want. He had practiced with Ktulu the day before, as they often do, but his partner with not be a suitable opponent for the twisting, ringing feeling he held in his gut.

Here he stood, golden eyes moving across the misty field, waiting for an opponent.

[PC: 0/3 | WC: 261 | Setting: Setting: Clear spot of the Thistle Meadow, near the deep forest. Grassy, even terrain. Early morning, just before dawn with light fog.]

Image Credits | Table code by tamme

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
She has been an outcast (in a way, still is an outcast), but not in the same way as he is. She grew up in a kingdom, a princess even (though it sounds more glamourous than it really is), with family and friends and purpose. Her only time without a herd was when she fled, out-casted from her own home by rebels thinking they deserved the throne. She would forever be an outcast there, unable to return home. Not that there was anything left for her there, anyway.

Here, she has only lived in the Edge. Never in the wilds. Never in another herd. Though her time here has been short compared to many others that call Helovia home. There’s time enough for her to live in the wilds as he does. Time enough for her to call other herds home (though she has no plans to leave the Edge).

But she had let complacency settle on her, content to heal and not to fight. But Corbin’s voice nagged in her mind lately, the threat of Kaos all too real now. She needed to practice. Not that she has ever been much of a fighter. Of average height and average build she rarely find herself stronger, faster or more capable than an opponent. But still, she needed to hone her skills, needed to be able to do something should it come down to it. Something other than stand on the sidelines.

Not that she sets today out knowing she’s going to find a reason to fight again. Not that she knows it even when the mammoth black stallion comes into view in the Meadow. No, she merely makes her way over to the stranger with a smile on her face and a nod of her head. “Hello,” she offers, kind as always. “I’m Lyanna. You seem like you are looking for someone? Or something?” His golden eyes seemed to roam across the field, and always keen to help, she adds, “Is it something I could help you with?”

[Attack: 0/3 - Words: 344]
Sorry, she wouldn't just randomly attack, but I'm cool if you want the first attack or if he just tells her she'll dive in....thanks for teaching me!

lyanna

art by yewrezz

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki