the Rift

[OPEN] Miles to go before I sleep [questing]

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra

ask no questions

She’s not entirely sure why she bothers to actually patrol. It’s not like getting in to this place other than through the main entrance is easy, and everyone seems to just know not to fly in. She’s still slightly annoyed she got that memo after she joined. In fact, she has yet to see another horse in this place with wings other than herself. In a werid way, she enjoyed being special. But she would enjoy it far more if stretching her wings didn’t get her some dirty looks.

Though of course she realizes the point of patrolling is for that tiny chance someone is actually trying to sneak in. Which she could also do more productively if she could fly. Maybe one day they would get used to it. But for now, she walks. Raven has finally gotten large enough that he’s moved to perching on her back or flying around in circles above her. Or often just judging her from some nearby tree branch. Today he’s on her back, still a small thing, but growing.

The visitor today doesn’t announce herself, but as the entrance and the metal guards come into view, she’s hard to miss. The mare is massive, with a bright red cape and wings. There is something surprisingly pleasant at seeing another pair of wings here. Not that this stranger lives here or necessarily intends to, it’s just that Weaver has nearly forgotten that other pegasi exist.

She makes her way over largely because it’s her job, but somewhat just because she’s bored and why not anyway. And in truth, she’s just a little secretly pleased to see someone more like her. Yes, she likes being special and unique. But sometimes she also likes not standing out like a sore thumb. Raven stares at the dragons that frolic on the ground, after a moment deciding to jump down and investigate from the safe vantage point of behind Weaver’s forelegs. Chicken, she thinks. Though he can’t understand the word, he gets the sentiment behind it, but does not move.

She looks the mare over briefly, admittedly impressed. The mare is stunning, rather impossible to miss, and command attention without trying. “Can I help you?” she asks, not unkindly, but without any preamble or open welcome in her voice. Weaver knows better than to trust anyone – strangers, friends – doesn’t matter. Why? Because she would not trust herself, either.

- weaver -

and you'll be told no lies

Image | Quote by Charles Dickens

@Isopia

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by AmoretteRose

Messages In This Thread
Miles to go before I sleep [questing] - by Isopia - 03-10-2017, 10:44 AM
RE: Miles to go before I sleep [questing] - by Weaver - 03-10-2017, 10:37 PM