the Rift

[OPEN] Miles to go before I sleep [questing]

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather
All my life I’ve been searching for something
At her first response, namely about their patron deity, the General couldn’t swallow down his sudden laugh, boyish, buoyant, tossed out into the air before it had a chance, an opportunity, to be tangled amidst his melancholies. “Don’t let him hear you,” he winked again, amused by the thought of their God being forgotten, attempting to picture the boisterous, emboldened divinity brought down, consigned to oblivion. “He has more impact on our world than we probably even realize.” The prince nodded, respectful to the shades of hours and electricity flowing in unknown vestiges – everything with its place, its calculations – even if at one time all he’d wanted to do was bellow at the mighty, omniscient being, shriek and yell, screech and howl, because he hadn’t done a damn thing when his father lay down near the lake. Perhaps his valor had stopped him, perhaps mercy, perhaps disappointment, but he’d taken the God’s apologies too, shoved them down along the crosshairs of his heart, knew wishes and dreams couldn’t always be tied and tethered to reality.

They continued forward, advancing by caverns and glaciers, by secret tents (he shared nothing of its blowing, billowing, fanning elements; some mysteries were best left to enigmatic curiosities), and his gaze followed the line of dragons coasting along the sky (always left to wonder about their power, about their wings; he’d always admired the stroke of plumage or the leathery outlines – partly because he’d never know what it meant to scan the horizon, the world, and see everything all at once), when her musing brought him out of the serene ruminations. He’d rarely given thought to political matters and trade deals – truthfully, before he’d become General he’d done little more than hasten to his own plots and schemes, searching for adventure, denouncing demons, vowing vengeance; but now he led fellow savages, and likely should’ve become more involved in diplomatic measures. He swung his head to talk directly to her, the small, charismatic smile still notched along his lips. “Not enough,” he nodded, agreeing with her, taking an opportunity to scour over the sentinels in the background, things that could’ve been repaired, altered, by a foreign soul for a price, for a trade, if it truly meant something to them. “It doesn’t surprise me though. For the longest time, herds provoked one another, instead of lending strength.” His smile grew a little deeper, recalling his mother’s stories, legends of the Reaper and the Frostheart, Psyche the DarkEmpress, their legions and leagues of brutality. “But times have changed, so perhaps the way we conduct things will too.” The prince shrugged again there, before riveting his stare upon the object she’d desired.

The wavy, curling plumes, warm puffs, pervaded and promised; he’d never know of their healing, soothing remedies due to his invocations (unless he wished to submerge himself upside down again; but with no magical plant to ensure his breathing, he’d prefer not to drown), but they appeared inviting, entrancing, and tempting nonetheless. “Here we are!” he stated, nodding at the hot springs, imploring her to venture towards the water.

(something never comes)
erebos
never leads to nothing—nothing satisfies
but I’m getting close

image | coding

@Isopia

Messages In This Thread
Miles to go before I sleep [questing] - by Isopia - 03-10-2017, 10:44 AM
RE: Miles to go before I sleep [questing] - by Erebos - 04-08-2017, 05:05 PM