the Rift

[OPEN] Herd Life For Dummies! Chapter 1: Make A Friend.

Ingrid Posts: 42
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.0 hh :: 2 (Frostfall) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Reference Credit

Ingrid wandered through the heart of the herdlands, kicking pebbles out of her path. Saying that she felt out of it was an understatement, it was more like she'd just been knocked on her ass by a shire. Everything had gone by so fast. In less than 24 hours, she'd gained a new home, a new job, and a new God. It had shaken her world enough to make her motion sick. On the bright side, for the first time since leaving the kingdom, she wasn't worried about where her next meal was coming from. Not to mention she'd finally be able to get a good night's sleep, which was fortunate since she was growing more tired by the minute. By the time she reached the top of the next rise, she wasn't sure she'd be able to take another step. Her eyelids drooped. There couldn't be any harm in sleeping here tonight, could there?

Then something curious happened: The air began to taste like salt. Confused, she squinted into the cool wind now hitting her face. A jolt ran through her whole body. Spread out before her was more water than she ever could have dreamed existed. The sun blazed a trail over white-capped waves that stretched all the way to the horizon. Even with all their tales of the sea, the bards of New Rheven had never done it justice. Not that she blamed them. All the words in the world couldn't have prepared her for how vast it really was, nor how small she'd feel by comparison. For a few minutes she just stood there, taking it in.

Then she turned her eyes to the land. She scanned the cliffs. Horses were dotted here and there, manes shimmering orange and gold under the sinking sun. Looking at them, it occurred to her that she might need to make a few friends here at the Edge. Of course, from here she couldn't tell which would like her, or possibly hate her guts. She promptly decided that before she went to bed, she'd try her luck with at least one. She trotted down towards them, the crash of the waves growing louder in her ears.

Sketch Box

Open to all.

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
Raeden
I Tourture You
And You Know It

The mare was taking the time alone to enjoy the sights of Edge. This place was truly beautiful and she loved every moment of living here. Tin was happily munching away on some soft strands of sweet grass. The mist was starting to build up from the sun's rays setting over the mountain like cliffs. Bright hues filled the sky and air around them. Golden colors bounced off her pale golden pelt. Soft cream tresses floated over her neck glistening with the last light of the day. Her horn sparkled with opalescent colors of purple, pink, teal, and orange. Raeden and Tin were a beautifully coupled pair. The distance the mare could see the figure of someone approaching. Bright teal eyes narrowed upon this creature. Why was this figure out so late? Around this time most Edge members were starting to settle into their homes. Raeden could not help but smile when she thinks of her little hut that they built. The heavy leaves were removed to allow cool air to float through in the summer. The fire was very small to keep out the pesky bug that bothered them at night. The smile on her face faded as she realized they might not be returning home as early as normal.

Raeden felt like since the beast probably already saw, she could not just run away now. Quietly she waited for the gray mare to step closer. Teal eyes flashed with silver flecks as she tried to smile warmly. This action was not always easy for Raeden to do. Tin stopped gazing to pick his head up and look at the red eyed mare. Be careful, weirdos come out at night... His words beamed right into her skull. Teal eyes flicked to the deer creature shaking her head with a slight giggle. I will be fine When the mare was finally closer the pale woman spoke "Hello I am Raeden, the scout for Edge. Can I help you with something? It is getting late and most members have started to head to their sleeping spot."

"Talk."

OOC:: Hello!! let me know if you have questions, don't mind my girl trying to be nice. She can be a bit.. Bitchy lol

@Ingrid

Sky

Reference Credit

Walking down the hill, Ingrid set her sights on the nearest horse. A unicorn. Funny, how she had yet to encounter another equine. Maybe the Edge just happened to have lots of unicorns and pegasus? Unlike Ráeru, who was pure white, this unicorn was an Isabella palomino.—For those who don't speak horse, that means the body is a sort of pale beige color, like sand or the belly of a sparrow, and the mane is white.—She had shimmering gemstone eyes, and an opalescent horn to match. Also, she was standing next to some kind of miniaturized deer? Now that was something Ingrid had a few questions about. When she got within talking distance, the unicorn spoke to her. She said some stuff about it being late, very formally. Yikes, I think she has some kind of grudge against linguistic contractions... Then again, I just barged in on her, didn't I? Ingrid thought. Nice going. I'm great at making friends. I should give a lecture on the subject.

"Hi there, Raeden. Pleasure to meet you. I'm Ingrid, a World's Edge... Uhhh, heck. What's the word? It's like Phyllis Gopher or something. I'm a little new here. You wanna do me a solid and tell me what a sleeping spot is?" she asked, flashing an uncomfortable grin and praying for the Moon Goddess to save her. Then she really did smile, having realized that for the first time she'd prayed to the Moon instead of New Rheven's gods. Maybe she'd be able to make it here after all.

@Raeden

OOC: Thanks! And that's great. It's always fun to RP with "bitchy" characters, especially when writing for a sarcasm addict like Ingrid.

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
Raeden
I Tourture You
And You Know It

Raeden listened carefully to what the girl had to say. She seemed a bit confused and her head twisted slightly as she questioned who she was. The paint was named Ingrid. Her sharpened skull nodded slightly in the greeting. Ears twitched to Tin as he stepped forward to examine the woman closer. His heavily antlered skull raise up so sniff the air around her. Bright green eyes sparkled with light and life. He was so much smaller than the woman, but that never stopped him. The deer was curious and was always willing to take chances. Tin walked a step closer tilting his skull she a bit.... different he simply spoke to Raeden. The pale golden mare nodded her skull with a slight chuckle.

Bright teal eyes flicked back to the woman. "Oh you must mean a Philosopher. Well, it is nice to meet you, Ingrid. This is my companion Tin by the way ." Pure cream tresse's shimmer when she moves her skull in a motion towards Tin. The deer stands proud as his bonded shows him off. "He is slightly proud of himself. Don't mind him." She spoke chuckling lightly. Then her attention fell to the setting sun. "Well a sleeping spot is kinda like your home within your homeland. It is a spot you claim as your own that you reside and sleep in. I built a small hut out of branches with the help of Tin. So it gives me shelter from the rain and elements. It also keeps my fire going in the winter. It can be anywhere you want it. Some have found a cave, others sleep under large trees. It is all your preference." She let the warm smile fall across her maw again looking to the girl. "What do you think of world's edge so far?" She tilted her head slightly in question wondering what the girl would say.

"Talk."

OOC:: sorry it took so long!!!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?view=d...0&count=35

@Ingrid

Sky

Reference Credit

Ingrid blinked down at Tin. Guess I pass inspection, she thought with a chuckle. She watched him return to Raeden, nodding when the mare spoke. "Well, he should be proud. He's quite handsome," she commented. Then she found herself listening again while Raeden talked about sleeping spots, glancing to the shelter when she mentioned it. Ingrid didn't really like the idea of sleeping in one of those. She could just imagine bugs crawling in it. She was sure Raeden had a way of preventing that, but she still preferred sleeping in the open. Then she was asked what she thought of the World's Edge. "Well, I haven't found anything wrong with it yet. I haven't really had much time to make up my mind," she replied. "Everyone's been pretty chill so far though, and your herd lead didn't seem too frightening, the one I met anyway. And um, I really, really like the ocean here. It's so big!"

@Raeden

Not a problem! Sorry for the short post, I honestly just didn't think there was anything else left for her to do.