the Rift

[OPEN] westerly wind

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

'   and i am not the same   '

Circles and jagged lines he now walked, the frost gathering upon his whiskers and breath leaving his nose in delicate, diaphonous blows. The glacier was surely sealed, and was it by magic? He was so sure that the crack in the icy wall lay so close to where he stood, hidden and secret from any intruder (such as himself).

For hours the gelding had searched for the entrance to the Aurora basin, though it was damn-near useless with the sun gleaming down over the frost-backed mountains, blinding him with a pure white sea of snow. It was a sea of a million disappearing diamonds, the kind that sunk under your feet and caused him to squint fiercely against the glare.
He had come so far; he dare not give up now.

"Tiamat!" He bellowed with all his might, reaching for his beloved bullwhip and cracking it fearociously against the thin, high-altitude air. It was a sound similar to that of a gun shot; one heard by any for miles upon miles. The woman of blue and green would surely know the cry of Cäkäna, though not the booming urgency that radiated from it's wielder.

art: © x coding: © x

Toulouse has come to join the Aurora Basin!
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow

Adulthood blooms upon the gargoyle like a thief in the night. Puppy fat has been stripped and shed, replaced with thickened muscle and womanly curves. She stands tall, taller than her mother, taller than most of her peers, her father's raw bulk and power balanced out by her dam's lighter breeding to lend precision and agility to her size. Oizys watches the world sprawled out at her feet, knowing it is now hers to explore and devour.

And The Thing in her heart is gone, cured by her mother's killer.

Its absence is a blessed one. She hadn't realised how much it had affected her - things other horses take for granted like being able to turn their head without finding their throat sent into paroxysms of pain by the virus in their heart, being able to move for long periods without collapsing with exhaustion. Oizys' moral dilemma at being cured by Kaos has faded somewhat now she knows what her body is capable of without its handicap, and she prowls the Basin's borders with pride and power.

Crack!

The sound is thunderous, sending Ker leaping from her bonded's back in a haze of feathers and anguished squawking. Adulthood is not so new for the raptor, who grew far faster than her bonded, but she delights in having Oizys join her into maturity. The stone-grey mare angles herself towards the sound, following Ker with long, fluid strides that eat up the snow beneath her.

She's approaching from outside the Basin, having been mooching around the neutral lands to test her new strength and ability. Her stride launches into a trot, only halting when she sees the source - a palomino man, horned and the same height as her. Ker circles, lending Oizys an aerial view of the savage whip wielded by the stranger. "That's a kinky-ass accessory you have there," she says. Her voice is naturally a sultry purr, denoting her new status as a woman grown and flowered. There's something odd about the stranger's smell, something not quite male, although the scarred mare is too inexperienced to question it. "What is your business with the Basin?" That's what soldiers say to potential intruders, right?

O I Z Y S
I'M NOT A HERO, I'M A LIAR
I'M NOT A SAVIOUR, I'M A VAMPIRE
image credits

@Toulouse

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox
The Basin was quiet like always. Nox was either off in the greenhouse or in his cave tending to the plants that thrived and depended on him. Today he found himself in the Greenhouse. Each row of plants got inspected by cold, harsh eyes. His velvet muzzle would touch the leaves of some, then pass over the stems of others. Cracked hooves walked across the harsh ground grinding in the weeds that tried to from in their walk away. Tangled tresses floated along his neck, and his tail dragged against the ground. The demon was an intimidating beast to look at, but his appearance was nothing shallow of his personality. Nox was rough and very closed inside himself. The monster always tried to stay away from others for a reason. There was a slight unpredictable feel that radiated off him. Some were fine with this feeling. Others, well let's just say you could see the uncomfortable look floating across their face.

His demonic skull rose to look into the air when a horrid sound shattered the quiet air. CRACK Ears pinned sharply knowing this was not a sound made from rocks crumbling or ice sliding down the mountain. A snort pierces the air from his velvet maw, and the scarred beast sets off to figure out what made that horrid sound. His heavy hooves tracked through the snow, and soon he found the prints of another creature. Mumbling slightly, the shaman followed the sound through the opening of the Basin entrance. His body moved like a reaper coming to take your soul. His scar-laced body glimmered in the sun's rays. The movements of his heavy muscles made it clear he was not the welcoming committee. Dead eyes looked upon a mare who was now speaking with a man... wait no not a man? His emotionless face would twist into confusion if it only knew how to make that expression. He came to a halt next to the girl who was saying something about how kinky. Dear god, what the fuck is going on here? His cold eyes fell upon the man in front of them. The girl wasted no time in getting down to business. “ Welcome I see you have found the Basin. I am Mortuus Nox, a Shaman. It seems this lovely lady has gotten straight to the point. If you wish to seek shelter one of our higher ranks will have to grant that. If you yearn to speak with them, we can take you to the entrance.” His cold gray eyes looked to the towering girl he was standing next too. She was not someone he was entirely familiar with, but there were a few people Nox has not met yet. His demonic crown turned back to the... man waiting to see what he would say. The demon was surprised how welcoming the words that came from his mouth were. Maybe it was a good thing that new faces were showing up around the Basin. They needed to fill their ranks.

“Talk.”

Anyone can Die
Only a few live forever

image | coding

@Toulouse

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

The longer the cold-blooded creature stood out in the glistening field of white, the more petulant he became. Impatiently stomping along the glacier in search of the hidden entrance they all spoke of. A frozen arch with room for one to pass at a time.
Perhaps it was purely legend and myth, and no such entrance existed. How on earth did anyone ever enter the basin then? An underground tunnel perhaps. A secret cluedo passage.
Such thoughts were quite absurd, and so he easily shook them from his mind, a great snort escaping his maw.

The cold wind grazed against his cheek with little mercy for his pale pink skin below, nor for his glassy eyes that now littered his cheeks with raindrop-like tears, a result of the wind's assault upon his sensitive eyes. He had forgotten this weather; it was the weather of his homeland. The kind that made you fear for your life or your children's most days.
Alone he stood in a somewhat sunnier version of the valley of the shadow of death, and yet he feared no evil; His own archaic mind was more a threat to himself than any Helovian could ever be.
"That's a kinky-ass accessory you have there,"

The voice caused the gelding to snap his nose in the woman's direction, a great snarl upon his countenance. 'Where the fuck did you come from?' He wished to demand. He had been out here for hours looking for an entrance and all of a sudden this cheeky mammoth of a woman just popped out of nowhere. Adjusting his whip upon his shoulder, Toulouse's eyes crept back into his skull as he processed the young one's words. Kinky indeed; if you were into that kind of thing.

A great snort escaped his nostrils when she questioned him about his business with the basin; did she just assume he would tell her?
Soon they were accompanied by another; this time a dark stag with a similar rack of horns, a man who was awfully polite for someone with a name such as Mortuus Nox. Toulouse tried his best to listen to the lovely introduction he was given, though promtly turned back to the glacier.
"Where's the entrance?" He spoke gruffly, shoving his spiked hoof into the glacier.

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

p>

The palomino doesn't answer, and Oizys' expression sours. Her eyes flash dangerously before hardening to grey chips of slate, and she swings her leonine tail against her powerful flanks with a small snort. The snarl on the man's face doesn't go unnoticed and the gargoyle pins her ears irritably. "Calm your tits, it was only a question," she says, disgruntled. Ker lands on her broad withers and ruffles her feathers, erecting the griffin-like spine atop her skull to enhance her formidable size.

She isn't alone with Mr Cranky Pants for long. A smaller stallion arrives, his horns curved menacingly backwards but his tones polite. He introduces himself as Mortuus Nox, and refers to Oizys as a lovely lady - this causes one scarred brow to lift in amusement before she returns her attention to the stranger.

Where's the entrance? asks the not-quite-a-man, and Oizys' features drift into a frown. She might be fairly new at this, but she knows that simply letting a complete stranger into your home is not the wisest idea, especially when said stranger hasn't even bothered to introduce himself or give any account of his reasons for being here. She looks to Mortuus Nox, tempted to defer the difficult decision to him since he's older and probably more knowledgable about the Basin's policies than the gargoyle herself, but she eventually hardens her resolve and decides to take matters into her own hands. "What's your reason for being here, first?" It would be terribly unfortunate if her first act as a soldier was to allow somebody into her home who planned on spying or wrecking the place.

O I Z Y S
image credits

@Mortuus Nox

[ the gargoyle queen ]

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The blue Lady wanders along the inner borders of the Aurora Basin. There are many things on her mind—she searches through the wooded shrubbery for any herbs to collect for the greenhouse (old habits die hard, after all), while also inspecting her beloved home for any sign that something might be amiss. She is not used to the act of patrolling, but like a mother watching over her children, protecting her precious mountain valley is something that comes naturally. Breathing in the crisp air, she sighs breathlessly, raising her head to gaze out across all that is familiar and dear to her heart.

It is while her eyes admire the shimmering surface of the lake that the booming crack! of the bullwhip explodes through the air. Tiamat is startled at first, unsurprisingly, though a crooked smile soon twists across her lips. She only knows of one individual who brandishes such a weapon—and so with a bounce in her step, the sea maiden ambles towards the Sentinels, where her friend surely waits beyond.

‘Danger!’

The childlike warning suddenly echoes throughout every corner of Tiamat’s mind, ringing with a soprano fear that is potent enough to tingle through her bones. Snapping her head high, the mare stops at the line of trees and glances to her right, where she sees her companion threading swiftly through the trunks. Nimue’s eyes are wide and scared—the Leviathan, having only met the gilded man in the Threshold, does not recognize the harsh sound of the whip like her bondmate does. Tiamat reaches out to pull the young whale into the crook of her neck, hugging her close, and crooning that everything is alright.

Once Nimue is soothed, the oceanic pair continues, stepping beneath the Sentinels’ empty gazes and to the tundra beyond. There are already two figures that have approached Toulouse by the time the Lady reaches them. “Hello!” She calls out happily, though it is not difficult to gather that the trio’s conversation hasn’t been exactly cheerful thus far. Their expressions are snarls and scowls and the echo of their tones had been heated. Puckering her lips into a frown, Tiamat thinks for a moment before she smiles again. Calling upon her new rank magic, she reaches out to ease their ornery minds, hopefully enough to diffuse the tension by the time she settles among them.

Pressing her muzzle to the shoulders of her herd mates in gentle greeting, the Ocean’s Light turns her bright eyes to the gelding. “Toulouse! What a lovely surprise it is to see you this far north,” she smiles warmly, reaching out to exchange breaths in friendship and familiarity. “This is Toulouse, he’s a friend of mine from the Edge,” the blue maiden explains to Nox and Oizys, glancing to both of them before she looks back to their visitor. “What brings you here?” She questions with quiet excitement.

“Speech.”
we run like a river runs to the sea

image | texture
@Mortuus Nox
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Dressy
Mortuus Nox

The man watched the other uhh... man for a moment. Observant eyes scanned and scrapped every etching of his body into the darkened mind. The gold colored man was extravagant when it came to dressing. Nox was never one to flaunt himself in front of others. The armor was by far anything from minimalistic, gold and fabric draped and adorned the man. The no named beast glittered with frustration and annoyance. A sour, bitter taste started to from within Nox's mouth. His heavy brow furrowed and dead gray eyes locked upon him. The woman was the first to speak her disapproval. Sharp tones snapped back sharper than the sound of the cracked whip. Nox wanted to chuckle slightly, but he remained quiet like a deadly snake waiting to strike. Tilting his skull slightly a deviant smile crossed his features.“Sir no need to be testy. This beautiful woman is doing her job and protecting her home.” His tones were calmed and collected. It is not worth getting fired up about Nox. Do not let him get to you.

His dead expression looked to the girl. She was quiet. For a moment there was a crazed look in his eyes. Nox wanted to show this man who he was fucking with. He wanted to say have at it girl, and let the young warrior prove, that her bite is worse than her bark. “I don't think you know who you are messing with sir. We do not mean any harm or trouble. You have to understand we are just trying to protect our herd; it is nothing against you.” Accented words dripped from his maw trying to defuse the situation. Then the sound of an incredible woman filled the air. The newly named lady trotted up with the usual joy and cheer. His dead expression twisted into a lighter smile looked back to her. Feeling the warm muzzle against his shoulder, Nox returned the jester back to the ocean woman. Then a feeling of calm washed over him like a warm wave blanketing the sand. Turing his attention back to the odd man his head tilted learning his name. The golden beast was not the one to speak it. The ocean lady was the one who put a name to the face.

“Talk.”

Anyone can Die
Only a few live forever

image | coding

@Toulouse

A great frown emerged upon his brow, one that cut sharper and deeper than before, for the gosling who had asked him of his business had now just told him to 'calm his tits'. Having turned his nose in the warrior's direction, serpentine eyes narrowd and teeth clenched, Toulouse promptly turned back to face the glacier to continue prodding his way along in an attempt to find the hidden entrance to the arch.
A second voice chimed, this time it was that of the deathly stag who's brain was clearly the only part of him effected by actual necrosis, or so Toulouse would assume.
"Sir, no need to be testy" the black one had mumbled, but it only caused toulouse to stop abruptly, turn his own deathly crown of bones in the direction of the knightly stallion. Though this time he was not met with a frown or a scolding glance; Nox was given a dagger-like glare, and only because Toulouse just wished the man would shut up.

"Hello!" was soon heard on the breeze, and this would only cause Toulouse to slowly close his eyes with the deepest of displeasure. No more. Though when the owner of the voice emerged his eyes were forced to open out of curiosity, and to his delight, was greeted by the everglowing face of Tiamat.
She was, of course, first to speak over his seeimingly perpetual angry silence, only to break from it after she gave his introduction for him, potentially cutting her off-mid sentence.
"No longer of the World's Edge" He clarified, glassy eyes looking towards the oceanic mare, and then went forth to answer her question "I found this lovely trinket on a lonely scoundrel near what's left of the Hidden Falls. 'E said he'd snatched it from the Basin" the former specter whispered to the Lady as a matter of urgency, revealing a wonderful horn circlet from under his armor. "The thief is... no more m'lady"

@tiamat @Oizys @mortuus nox
Toulouse has returned Roland's circlet that he stole,
HOWEVER! He claims that a lone male outcast stole it, not him!

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

He continues to studiously ignore her and her ears flatten further as her temper begins to rise. Cheeky piece of shit, she fumes to herself, her cold grey eyes flashing dangerously as she meets his glare and returns it with interest. "Can I peck out eyes?" asks Ker hopefully, clacking her deadly beak to demonstrate. This brings a small smile to the giantess's face, but she doesn't respond. "You transform into me and help? An eye each?" continues the raptor, her excitement rising.

Best not, replies the filly somewhat reluctantly. She's sorely tempted, but such a gruesome act is not the best way to endear herself to the herd. Ker deflates in disappointment and has to content herself with staring contemptously at the palomino stranger, whilst filling Oizys' mind with images of eyeballs oozing down the man's smug face like cracked eggs.

The tension is palpable; the gargoyle is this close to ramming all three of her horns somewhere dark and painful when Tiamat arrives. Her presence settles an aura of relaxation across the gathering, diffusing some of the thick atmosphere. Oizys relaxes her formidable muscles but keeps her eyes locked frostily on the stranger, twisting her tail around her hocks like a lion deciding when to strike. "Your friend is being very cagey on his reasons for being here, Lady Tiamat," Oizys responds to her queen, although her gaze does not waver from the man she now knows to be Toulouse.

He moves out of earshot, whispering to Tiamat, and the scarred girl's glare intensifies again. He's dodgy as fuck and she hopes to God that Tiamat bans him from entering...and lets her gargoyle soldier chase him off.

O I Z Y S
image credits

@Tiamat

[ the gargoyle queen ]

“No longer of the Edge?” The sea maiden repeats Toulouse’s revelation, her sapphire brow knitting together in a moment of confusion, and concern flickers through her pale eyes. “Is everything okay?” Her head tilts slightly to the side, wondering what could have happened to cause the palomino man to leave his homeland. She has known of people who leave their herd behind in search of a more nomadic life—with a bitterly painful twist of her fragile heart, she thinks of the Clovenheart—although she cannot understand this choice herself.

The Basin is a part of her; she doesn’t know who she would be without it.

However, the golden gelding quickly continues with a sense of earnesty, leaning close to the blue mare and explaining the business that he brings. Someone had stolen from them. “Oh my,” Tiamat breathes, quite disconcerted by the news as she gazes at the jewelry that Toulouse unveils from beneath his armor. Her lips part in a little ‘o’ of both bewilderment and distress, feeling that she has somehow failed her herd as its leader, though the conclusion of the gelding’s revelation brings a stronger emotion to her expression.

The ocean mare’s lips tighten and her brow furrows in silent, gentle criticism. “By ‘no more,’ I hope you mean no longer a threat? There is no need for violence over something that could very well have been a misunderstanding,” she says like a mother would scold her child—out of nothing but love and kindness. Nevertheless, she is thoroughly grateful to the palomino man and his benevolence to think of their northern kingdom. “Thank you for returning this to us,” she murmurs, the lines of her features softening again, and she offers him a bright smile of sincere gratitude.

Turning her eyes to her two fellow herd mates, her grin lingers for them as well. “Toulouse has retrieved something that had been stolen from one of our own,” the blue Lady explains to them, hoping to continue to ease the barbed thread of tension that remains. “Surely there is no cause for mistrust,” gently she directs this to all of them, not understanding the gelding’s games, and wondering why he couldn’t have shared his information with Nox and Oizys.

Still, she smiles. “Thank you again, I will be sure to return this to its proper owner,” carefully she tucks the circlet into the braids of her mane, keen to discover who the jewelry had belonged to, and offer them a proper apology herself. Inwardly she sighs, turning her eyes back to Toulouse while she fights the little grief that darkens her happy world. “Is that all you wished to visit us for?” The light from her mother sky sparkles in her eyes, buoying her spirits while a crisp mountain breeze tickles her cheeks.

“Speech.”

image | texture
@Mortuus Nox

Were he not in the company on those he wished to influence and befriend, Toulouse would have scolded the girl for her general lack of propriety. 'That's no way to treat a friend of the Lady' he might have cooed, or even 'Mind your mouth, girl'. In the his reasonably fast-paced mind was quick to judge that this was most unwise, and he was much better off staying as neutral as possible. Making enemies already was not ideal.
"I will remind you, guardian, that trust goes both ways" He spoke with upturned lips and cold eyes— A smile of sorts; true or false was for Oizys to decide.

His crystaline sights turned back on the woman of the sea, Toulouse's brows furrowed ever so slightly at Tiamat's scold. He could not tell whether it was wisdom or naïvety that she scolded him, though he craned his head backwards and sighed in response to her motherly growl. "I suppose you're quite right, my Lady. It was brash and brutish, though I could only think of the horrid tresspass the mangey fool had committed upon the people of this noble land-" the gelding paused to take his gaze high over the steppe, the crooked ridges of the mountains and the wondrous sky above before they settled back on Tiamat "-and their virtuous Lady"

Now the man took his steps away from the oceanic mare, taking his bloodstained bullwhip in his maw and threading it delicately through it's place in the shoulder-notch upon his armour. Casting his sights over the deathly man, the gargoyle warrior, and then once again on their monarch, Toulouse listened to the last of Tiamat's questions. Is that all you wished to visit us for?
"No—"
"I have left the World's Edge and now claim no title or rank like I once did. I am an outcast with no brethren, nor do I own a roof or abode to return to when evening comes. Thus I have also come to ask if you may need my assistance and expertise in your stealth ranks, and, in return could give me a place to rest my head and a new clan to call my brothers?"

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

Dressy
Mortuus Nox

The demonic beast sat back and listened to the others speak and conversate about the man's reasons for being here. Yes, the beast rubbed Nox the wrong way right now, but he did not know him from a cave in the mountain. He had to give the over glorified man a chance. Nodding his heavy crown cold gray eyes sought the response of Tiamat. Like a true lady, the ocean woman did suggest why he could not just tell the warrior and shaman his business in the first place. The black stallion nodded his skull in agreeing with the woman. “You catch more flies with honey than you can by using vinegar.” He mumbled to the man who just made a comment to the stone like the girl. Gray eyes then shifted looking to the warrior who was so eager to jump; he was curious wat she would have to say. Turning his heavy crown back to the man he listened to what he had to say.

His mind was un-entertained with the long response to the Ladies question. His face remained cold and dead tot he world. Not an ounce of his anguish glimmered upon his hardened features. Cracked hooves shifted under his heavy weight while the others stood. The man continues his speech. A mental sigh flooded his brain. He would have to investigate this character more. Ears slightly perked forward when he said something about leaving the Edge. Stone cold orbs looked to the Ocean Lady to see what her response would be. Why would he leave his ranks in Edge? Nox found that odd, but then again he was the face of death healing people. There were a lot of odd things in the Basin that's for sure. “Toulouse I hope you will be more welcoming to the other herd members.I look forward to speaking with you more. Hopefully, our next encounter will not be as rocky. ” Dull eyes settled upon the half man with a glazed demonic feel. Hopefully the man was not lying to them about everything. A snake in the herd is never a good thing. Nox did believe in second chances, so he was willing to have a talk with the man; once he is settled into the Basin.

“Talk.”

Anyone can Die
Only a few live forever

@Toulouse @Oizys @Tiamat

Tiamat turns to them, revealing that the palomino stranger had reclaimed something stolen from the Basin. Oizys lifts a scarred eyebrow, finding it rather odd that this weird-ass creature would perform an act of seeming altruism without the need for any reward. Dodgy, dodgy, dodgy she continues to think, whilst Ker nods her feathered skull in agreement.

I will remind you, guardian, that trust goes both ways. The young mare's ears flatten to her head and her face twists into a hideous snarl, her frigid eyes hardening to chips of slate. "You - " The words that would have followed would have been along the lines of slimy, ass-licking, arrogant, not-quite-a-man-but-annoyingly-sexy-anyway, creepy little fuck, but Oizys' tirade is nipped in the bud by a firm, warning "NO!" from Ker. Whilst the raptor isn't usually the sort to preach restraint, she knows how unwise it would be for Oizys to lose her temper in front of one of her queens. She's new to this herd and has an impression to maintain, even if biting back the words takes every ounce of the gargoyle's self-control.

This metaphorical biting turns physical as the warrioress is forced to chomp down on her tongue to keep from retorting, causing her face to twist into an expression of considerable pain. Her muscles quiver with barely-contained fury and she continues to death glare the palomino with such intensity that she's half-surprised she hasn't burnt holes in his skin. Just to make matters worse, the stranger then adds that he'd like to join the herd, and Oizys finds her eyes rolling without her permission. "Oh, goody," she mutters under her breath, too quiet to be audible. Part of her wants to leave like Nox had, but she won't give Toulouse the satisfaction of walking away before he does. So she remains standing, still shooting daggers at him whilst Ker does exactly the same from her back.

O I Z Y S
image credits

@Tiamat @Toulouse

[ the gargoyle queen ]

The blue Lady’s ears are pressed forward as she listens to Toulouse explain his herd-less situation, lamenting over a lack of home and brethren, before he ultimately asks to join their ranks among the north. For Tiamat, there is no question as to whether her friend will be accepted or not. He is a friend, after all, and she (personally) has no reason not to trust him among the other herd members. However, the palpable bristling of both Nox and Oizys at this request has the sea maiden hesitating. Her ears splay uncertainly to the side while her brow knits together in concern, truly wrestling with the decision that she must make.

The young gray Soldier at her side says nothing, although her posture is enough to speak her displeasure. Nox remains level-headed, much to the ocean mare’s relief, though there is an unmistakable warning in his words. Tiamat purses her lips. What would Deimos do? She can’t help but wonder, having always looked up to the mighty Reaper, though she quickly chides herself, reminded of the Time God’s instruction to lead this herd as she would.

Bolstered by this admonition, the Ocean’s Light squares herself, willing confidence into her demeanor as her pearly eyes return to the palomino gelding. “Of course I will welcome you, my friend. The Basin is an incredible place to call home—I’m sure our sneaks will be happy to have you,” she smiles softly, happily, her natural expression in stark contrast to those the two other Basin members wear. In truth, the blue Lady likely doesn’t have it in her heart to turn Toulouse away even if she wanted to.

“However,” she continues shortly after, one side of her brow rising as she looks to the gelding with more intensity in her gaze. “I would keep in mind the words of your fellow herd mates. We need people who can trust and rely on one another. I can’t always be around to save your pretty butt,” she finishes with a crooked, playful smirk to show that she holds no ill will towards him, though the gentle scolding in her voice should be enough to alert him of the graveness of her warning. While she sincerely adores Toulouse, she will not justify his presence should he poison her beloved home (a possibility she sees very little probability in). “Perhaps I can offer you an expedition in the near future, to better help you earn the faith of your new herd family?” Tiamat adds with more hope in her tone.

Her eyes, sparkling beneath the sunlight, hold the blonde’s handsome face for a long moment, wanting him to treat this seriously, and not like a game. Finally her features soften, and a smile of excitement spreads wide across her velvet lips. Stepping back, she gestures behind her, towards the Basin’s entrance. “Come, I’ll show you in,” and with that, the Ocean’s Light pivots on dainty heels, being sure to murmur her gratitude to both Nox and Oizys for their services to this beautiful home.

“Speech.”

image | texture
@Toulouse @Oizys @Mortuus Nox