the Rift

DON'T GIVE UP

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
a bright star, so no one lets you down
I will shine to guide you.
They come in response to her call, many of them, and the Ocean’s Light does her best to try and offer a welcoming smile to each, truly grateful for their support—whether they give it consciously or not, their presence is simply enough to bolster the blue mare’s nerves. Once the meeting has begun, with promotions handed out, she offers a nod to each person who accepts their new position, a brighter grin of encouragement and promise softening her lips. To see the Basin swelling and growing and strengthening once again is a feat that nearly brings tears to her eyes (though she dare not lose herself now). Her fragile heart, swollen with both warmth and pride for her herd family, beats for each of them, for these precious mountains, and for their beautiful empire.

Turning her pearly eyes to the General when he speaks up, offering the service of himself and his warriors, and announcing a patrol in the Spectral Marsh, the sea maiden gives him an approving nod. If there should be any group of people strong and hardy enough to tackle the mystery of this dreaded new land, then it would be their warriors. Black memories still haunt her own fledgling mind of that awful day, but Tiamat is quick and desperate not to dwell on them now. Spinning her fluted ears towards Rikyn, she nods again when he offers a patrol along the Endless Blue, perhaps to find any clues that they might have missed (ever a clever man).

However, the concern that the golden-marked stallion and others—dear Lena, wise Cassius—voice in respect to their large, metal watchmen is met with a more genuine (even playful) grin from their blue Lady. “There is no need to worry. The Sentinels have become as much a part of the Basin as the mountains that make up our borders—they will not be replaced,” she assures all of them with a twinkle in her eye, holding the landmark machines close to her own heart. She couldn’t stand to see them waste away for good—not when she can do something to repair them. “Plans for their restoration have already been drawn up,” with this, she gives Rikyn a cheering wink, pleased to make such a jovial announcement.

Her eyes straying, she gives an exhale before continuing. “In regards to the herd quest…” the Ocean’s Light pauses, pressing her sapphire lips together and swallowing as she collects her thoughts, figuring out how to best address all of their trepidations—or rather, their main worry: how to not get attacked? To be brutally honest, Tiamat doesn’t have all the answers that they ask for—but she tries not to allow her own anxiety to slip through to her expression.

“I’ll admit that some of the tasks that the Time God has put before us are quite daunting,” her smile quirks to the side, though her head remains high and her gaze bright. “I believe we are to use everything we have at our disposal—I know several of you have magic that will be useful to us in our endeavors,” her attention drifts briefly to Oizys, who has already offered her talents, and to any others who might be willing to do the same, “and perhaps we can earn their trust. Otherwise I implore you not to seek the wolves out on your own. This is something that we must work on together, for both safety and unity.” There is a firmness that enfolds her voice with this, like a concerned mother, bidding them to listen.

Giving the slightest inclination to herself, Tiamat mutters a definitive and undoubting, “We can do this,” between herself and her companion, perhaps only loud enough for those gathered closest to hear. She believes in her people, and she believes in her God—there is no question in her mind that they will be able to complete this quest. Grinning wider now, her demeanor softens. “Thank you everyone for your time! That will be all for the herd meeting; if you have further questions, please feel free to seek me out individually,” her bright grin is for all of them, and she hopes that she has done them well for her first meeting as their leader.

notes; Thank you everyone!! :D I will put up an ooc thread in the secret board for the HQ soon! <333
“Speech.”

image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Rikyn
When others lift their voices in defense of my father’s machine, too, I feel a surge of something other than the heaviness of loss come over me; Wessex, new to the herd, is the first, her strong voice rising out and meeting my ears, which swivel ahead of my eyes towards the steel-tone mare. Cassius, too, the Haruspex, who is quite unlike the wild-eyed madman who had held that title in my youth he seems, and much more like soft hearted Ashamin, who had been offended by my petulance enough to inspire a dislike between the both of us, and a fight, which had concluded in my favor; how it would go should we meet again, who knows.

I am not the boy I was, then, having grown in the years between then, and now. Perhaps he is not the same man, either.

Wondering if the new keeper of the Mirror is as easy to provoke as his predecessors (that I recall, anyway), and hoping not for the sake of everyone else, I attempt to meet his gaze, and the newly made Corporal’s, regardless of my thoughts or past indiscretions, with a fleeting smile of actual gratitude fitting oddly on my face. Though they may not know it, my father’s machines were just that – my father’s. Though he had died, maybe the twin soldiers he had spent so much of his life tending to, and creating, could live on in his stead.

Though I hear Oizys, occasionally grinning at her choice of words, when one pierces through my ruminations and memories, briefly imagining what some of the herd’s faces look like as she talks about useful things in the crassest way imaginable, I fall inside myself. Coming up for air only when Tiamat lifts her voice again, I’m relieved to hear that she, too, thinks that the Sentinels are worth saving, and also glad that there seems to be a plan in place for the wolves.

I’ll be glad for their protection, sure, but I’d rather not have to risk dealing with the wild ones in the interim. Already pondering how to avoid those tasks, a much more potent cure for the morose thoughts threatening to spill over into my consciousness, I quickly decide that, well, it must be time to get my Thief on.

"Anything but wolves," I mutter to myself, making my way towards the enchanted tent.

’cause we need a little controversy

Beloved Posts: 121
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 8.5 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 :: Appears 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Orphan :: Ragdoll Cat :: None Bunnie
beloved
Beloved delights in the idea of the wolves, and also the notion of seeing the large, mechanic unicorns cross the vale, alive, as they were rumored to have been when she first came to this land of dancing light, and mountain’s shadow. The sweet who is worried about being eaten must feel that way a lot, thinks the witch, her eyes lingering perhaps a bit too long on dulcet Larue.

They stay too, however, on the wolf-one, who, suddenly, the wicked one recalls, her black pelt and digging paws dimly lit in a hushed wood. Bones, they had gathered, piling them, returning them to the God Who Was Worthy; that damp, onyx muzzle, displayed even on her natural, unicorn form, had rooted them from the earth, found them among the smell of rotted leaf and worm’s excrement, which made all things elude the witch’s nose.

Her cackle of mockery which is derived from the existence of continued fear of threat of the wolves turning upon them, with even warriors balking. What mental weakness!

"Wolves do not maul the strong," she mutters to Weaver, alongside her, giggling, watching the rest of the meeting in silence.

When she leaves, she does so without a word, only the sound of her laughter receding, as she makes her way to the wood, to test her mettle against wolves.

Or, at least look at them, anyway.

die like God, on the cover of time
Image Credit

@Weaver
Tag Beloved, please!

Feel free to attack her with physical or magical violence at your own risk. ;D

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra
Ask no questions, and you'll be told no lies
Somehow, the greeting Beloved gives her does not come as a surprise. Weaver offers her a pleasant smile in return, which is entirely out of place after just been nipped – letting herself be nipped, really, she could have tried to dodge it. Then, after a moment of that pleasant smile, Weaver lashes out, nipping back at the strange white ghost, admittedly hoping to take the crazy mare by surprise. Though Beloved seems to get Weaver enough that the black and white mare figures Beloved possibly won’t be surprised at all.

A bunch of horses complain about the idea of playing with wolves. Weaver has little magic to help except for the part where she can’t die. So they can eat her all her want, it doesn’t really concern her much. She has little else in the way of magic to help, though her and raven can scavenge for meat to offer.  They were both more capable of scavenging than hunting, though they could sort of hunt. It was felling the beasts that was sort of hard as a raven, but she suspects the Basin army could take care of that part. If they can kill a damn bear…

She keeps all her sassy remarks to herself, instead after a while finally just adding. “I can watch them from the trees or the sky. Harder to kill me when they can’t get to me.” To be fair, she would try really hard to figure out a way to watch them as a horse too, just for the hell of it, just to see if she could. But for the purposes of accomplishing something, watching them either from the air or as a raven would serve more purpose.   “We’re a pretty decent pair at finding meat, too.” If you throw meat at the wolves and then get out of the way, they are far more likely to eat the dead thing that there for the taking.

Beloved mutters under her breath, just loud enough for Weaver to hear. She laughs at that, agreeing, because she’s really not concerned about being eaten. Ah, mortals. Silly creatures, sometimes. Though she is glad to hear they might actually do something with those ruined Sentinels. They were kind of cool, and would be way cooler if they weren’t worthless. And then, as Beloved laughter recedes behind her, Weaver figures it’s about time for her to go as well. Maybe she’d go scouting for wolves.

weaver

Image | Quote by Charles Dickens

@Beloved ...this is largely because Weaver needed to bite back, thanks ;)

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by AmoretteRose