the Rift

[PRIVATE] Tell me your secrets

Vezér Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Equine :: 17hh :: One year
Pare
Vezér

The wicked queen was dead and Snow White was free from her evil clutches. Pristine white hair whipped around her rump as the wind picked up. She watched the willow branches wave above her in the afternoon sun. Her life was changing and she prayed for the better. The days were growing hot, this being her first Tall Sun, she had no idea how hot it really would get. Red silver speckled eyes blinked slowly as they shifted to look out over the clear pond.

A sigh lifted her sides before she rose to her tiny hooves. Spreading her thin legs the filly shook the dirt from her coat. Feeling a little better she strode towards the pond. She'd never tried to swim before, and had no idea how to go about it. Instead of potentially drowning herself, or worse, looking foolish, she waded in. She didn't stop walking till most of her body was hidden from view. She hoped the water wouldn't mess with her dagger or sheath.

Scarlet eyes cast around once checking that there wasn't a threat lurking around. Satisfied the girl lowered her head and sipped at the water. It was cool and soothing as it slid down her throat. Once she drank her fill the girl stood in the water relaxing and trying not to let her dark thoughts take over again. Instead she focused on the quest the Moon Goddess had given her. She had settled on a few feats that she wanted to do more than the other things.

---------------------------------------------------
Talk
Words;; 256
OOC/Tags;; @Albrecht Sorry it's so short! I swear it will get better xD I just suck at starting posts lol
Please tag
Doesn't have her collar

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
albrecht
The young python doesn’t know the word for ‘filly.’ He doesn’t know the word for ‘child,’ or ‘stranger,’ either, because he rarely bothers paying any attention to details like language when he can just go straight to the source of the ideas themselves, more often exchanging a silent series of images and emotions with his bonded than a logical progression of verse. It works well enough when the old black is awake, but now, with his mouthpiece laid out flat in the green of the Secret Grove, there’s no one to interpret the snakes flow of consciousness into a meaningful phrase and no one to receive it either.

He prods at the stallions mind, trying to interject an image of the brown and white equine casually approaching across the quiet of their bond, but the elder barely stirs, his body adamantly refusing to be pulled from this rare moment of peace, even for his companion, but the pool at the Groves center draws the filly unknowingly closer, her proximity an increasing worry to the snake until his desperation makes him resort to physically poking the old stallions ears, ticking and pulling at the thick hair that grows inside them until his bondeds salt and pepper brows furrow and his bearded head shakes, forcing him awake.

"Whuh ye wan?” He slurs unhappily, rolling onto his sternum with a groan and blinking a crusty residue from his eyes. He catches sight of the filly then, his ears flicking forward with a surprised, “Oh.” Still battling for full consciousness, he stares up at the girl, wondering what made her so important that he needed to be deprived of further rest.

"Talk."
OOC // @Vezér
Bah bah black sheep,
Have you any soul?

image | coding

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Dragon's Throat Filly
Pare
Vezér

She sighs softly relaxing in the water her eyes flitting closed before she forced them open again. A strange and grumpy voice startled her fully awake. Her heart hammered in her young chest as her head whipped around searching for the sound. Surprise rushed through her glinting in her eyes as she noticed what looked like an old man and a snake laying a little way off. She stared at him her body tensed ready to race off if he made to attack. He didn't have a mane and most of his tail was bald, which was pretty funny. He had dual horns, green eyes, and lots of extra hair. Her eyes stared at the hair; interested in the color more than the amount.

He looked just as confused to see her as she was to see him. Slowly she relaxed as she took in his thin and older body. She cleared her throat chasing the surprise away, "Hello." Scarlet eyes looked into his familiar green eyes. "Have we.. Have we met before?" She was sure they hadn't met before, but he looked a lot like a colt in the Throat; Saoirse. As she looked at him she had a light bulb moment. Here was a perfect opportunity to complete a part of her quest. She slipped on a warm calm smile and eased the tension form her partial submerged body.

Silver flecked scarlet eyes moved to the green snake beside the man. Nostrils quivered slightly as drawing in his scent curiously. He smelled like the north, so she assumed he was from the Aura Basin. "I'm Vezér by the way, I'm from the Dragon's Throat." She  shifted her eyes to watch his face closely. If there was anything that turned over his face she hoped to catch it and get some kind of information from him.

Talk
Words;; 307
OOC/Tags;; @Albrecht I might be gone by the time this rolls back around to me, but I will be back next Monday =]
Please tag
Doesn't have her collar

albrecht
The old stallion feels inordinately heavy, as if his body is subject to too much gravity, more than his paltry physical weight can possibly justify. His legs are folded beneath him and painfully complaining about the hardness of the ground, the length of time he’s lain unmoving, the arthritis that constantly plagues his swollen joints, but still the invisible pressure of exhaustion and insomnia drapes across his back and holds him down, deterring any further ideas of movement. He blinks several times, his emerald eyes hard and unwelcoming, but nothing clears or changes behind their heavy lids.

He sighs, tries to clear his throat, but the gravelly unevenness of his voice lingers, making him sound even gruffer than his temper and general state of unhappiness already does. "Dunno.” He rumbles, feeling obligated to answer if he ever wants to be left alone again. "Have you found any other old corpses lying around recently?” He squints up at the youth for a moment, unable to see her properly for the glint of bright sunlight reflecting off the surface of the water around her. Conveniently, she chooses this moment to introduce herself.

"Hello Vezér of the Dragon’s Throat.” He mimics flatly, his head slowly sinking toward the ground in front of him. One ear folds back against his skull, the other begrudgingly turned out toward the young filly. "I'm Albrecht, of-" He stops himself then, hesitant to loose his ire (and asshole comments) on such a juvenile figure. Even halfway blinded he can tell from her soprano voice and excessively leggy silhouette that she's somewhere between foal-hood and adolescence, probably not yet grown enough to survive being berated by a stranger unscathed. It's not really her fault that he's tired either, and somewhere inside himself he acknowledges that fact, though he won't voice it aloud. "Sometimes of the Basin."

Even focusing to one side of the filly's outline to avoid being blinded it's a struggle to keep his eyes open. The simple act of breathing seems to extort a palpable effort. When was the last time slept untroubled? He wonders, his yet-to-fully-understand-sarcasm companion quickly providing an estimate. You watch her then, He huffs internally, letting his chin rest on the ground, his auburn beard spreading around him like an exotic fan of color. Since she’s so important.

"Talk."
OOC // @Vezér
No sir! By the way,
What the hell are morals?

image | coding

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Dragon's Throat Filly
Pare
Vezér

She watches him blink several times as if trying to push the grumpy glint away. She wondered if every old horse looked that way. She had no idea since this was the first elder she had ever met. Her head tilted slightly as she watched him trying to figure out whatever it was he was confused about. He was strange looked more so than any he had ever seen before. It was funny how his mane seemed to grow under his throat instead of on top of his neck. Her eyes turned to the snake and she smiled softly at it. The filly had a soft spot for companions of all shapes and sizes.

The old grump clears his throat then speaks. Her eyes shift back to him. His rough aggravated voice doesn't bother her at all. Maybe him being tired would allow her to  get something out of him easier. She stares at him taken a back by his words about an old corpse. After a moment a giggle slips from her lips and she can't seem to control it. She laughs her head bobbing up and down for a moment. Finally she gains control of herself and clears her own throat nervously, "No I can't say I have, but you look like a colt I know back home." She tries to say it in a nonchalant way keeping her face relaxed. Could it really be this easy to get information from someone.

She closes her eyes at his mocking tone trying her best to keep up her pleasant attitude. When she looks back at him he has one ear folded back and his head back on the ground. 'No no, you can't go back to sleep, not yet.' She smiles and listens to his name and home. Just as she had suspected, he was from the Basin. "Sometimes? Guess you don't like to be stuck at home either then?" She laughed softly smiling warmly at him. "What is your companion's name?" She smiles at the green snake and steps closer carefully. "You're quite handsome." She smiles at the snake lowering her head towards the serpent curiously. "I've never seen a snake before, but I've seen plenty of dragons." She hopes giving him some information about herself will loosen his lips. She just needs one thing to hold over his head, and she'll be golden.

Talk
Words;; 396
OOC/Tags;; @Albrecht
Please tag
Doesn't have her collar

albrecht
‘You look like a colt I know back home.’ His ears perk at that, his hooded eyes brightening. Unless some other yearling colt is unfortunate enough to resemble an old, worn out stallion and coincidentally live in the Dragon’s Throat too, she must be speaking of Saoirse, or at least he assumes. "Have you seen him lately?” He asks, interest lifting his head.

It’s been weeks since he last saw the boy and though he’d been in fine health at the time - though lost in the snow - the prolonged absence of a mother worries the old black. He doesn’t know the Throat denizens well, having only barely met a few of them (though the white-faced Sultan of the desert will likely forever hold a place of honor in the elder’s mind, him and his dragons having saved his manhood from the hellish torment of the Thistle Meadow months ago), so his only source of information thus far has been the use of his own four legs, an unhappy and unreliable source at best. A spry, young messenger would be most welcome and the filly is doubly appropriate for her similar age range.

She drives the conversation, friendly, as most children are, laughing and asking questions, and the old stallion finds himself softening despite himself, answering her questions without any real reason to do so. "Not home, but it’s decent enough.” He replies, finally chasing the grogginess from his voice and nodding his head to indicate the young python across his brow. "And this is Strom.”

The snake preens at his introduction and the following compliment, telescoping his limbless body up above his bonded's head like a scaled antenna, peering up at the filly, his forked tongue lashing in and out to make up with infrared sensing the clarity that his poor eyesight lacks. The old black only scoffs quietly, somehow unsurprised that a young native of Helovia might see the ordinary as more exotic than the mythical in this place of gods and magic. "Helovia is like that." He comments, "All pixie dust and no shit in the woods."

"Talk."
OOC // @Vezér I'm sorry I keep taking forever. Thank you for your patience!
I am a stone,
Unaffected

image | coding

Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC